Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger (7927 Views)

How Can I Become A Successful Blogger? / Tips On Becoming A Successful Blogger / 5 Simple Tips To Become A Successful Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Lazyreporta(m): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Blogging has no definite “duration as well as hard work” to become successful. If you think you will be a successful blogger within few nights then you think wrong.

You can be a great and successful Blogger in one months, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year and so on, nothing is fix or either no body can tell you the exact time.

I believe that by continuously following & implementing instructions of successful professional bloggers, you are surely gonna successful in Blogging one day.

Therefore today I am going to share with you top secrets of Successful Bloggers which I collected in last few months.

Top 10 Secrets to Become a Successful Blogger

1. 100% Unique & Quality Content
It’s your content’s quality which matters a big deal. If it’s really good, it will motivate your blog readers to revisit your blog again and again to keep updated with your articles. You should use relevant and interesting image as well as video if possible to make your post more interesting.

Besides unique & quality content is the basic requirement of strong SEO in order to get first position in Google Search Result.

2. Make your Blog User Friendly
Make all the content you have worked so hard to write easily reachable by each and every visitor. Have a list on your sidebar along with recent posts.

List other content you have written of prospective interest at the end of your post. Include an archive too so people can read your older content. You need to reduce your blog loading time if it loads very slow. This can all be easily completed automatically by the use of WordPress plugins.

3. Learn, Implement & Experiment until You become SEO Expert
Knowing how to drive traffic from search engine into your website will definitely set you apart from average bloggers. For example having little knowledge on Keyword Research & Analysis, Keywords Placement, alternative text for images, Meta description, Meta tags, etc. is necessary if you wish to become a successful blogger. Besides You should also know how to write perfectly SEO optimize articles and build quality back-links for your blog.

4. Double the Hard Work when You feel like Quitting
Nothing can be achieved easily, and the same is with blogging. If you think you can be a great and famous blogger overnight, wake up. A blog requires hard work, from creating a Blog Logo to Content Research, Content Writing & Blog Promotion. Every success has behind an hard work. Hard work is a must you should never neglect if you want to be a successful blogger.

5. Never Loose Patience
The great blog you see today were not created a few week or month back, they have been there for quite a few years back. Those blogs which are recognized today as best blogs to learn blogging are result of long and continuous hard work. It takes time for visitor to get attached to a blog. You have to be patience. It takes time for a blog to get in spotlight. Once you and your blog are in the spotlight, things go easy.
Although until then, you have to patient.

6. Motivate Yourself towards Blogging
People around will always Discourage you, until or unless you have truly nice environment. While you won’t see something coming out of your blog or website, there will be a time when you would wish to leave these sorts of things. This is indeed the time to hold on. As I told above, once your blog or website gets in the spotlight, things go smooth. Therefore try to keep encouraging yourself towards blogging and that is possible only when you surround yourself with positive peoples.

7. Gain Knowledge & Do with Passion
There is no need to ask How to Become a Successful Blogger if you have an authentic passion as well as knowledge for the subject you are writing regarding. It’s a long and tough road to build loyal readers for a blog and without real Knowledge & Passion you are guaranteed to fizzle out. Therefore first gain knowledge about the topic and then represent it with full passion in front of your Blog readers. I think you will surly gonna impress them.

8. Reply to All Valid Comments
You should reply comments coming on your website or blog posts. By this your blog readers will get the feeling that there is someone who is not only listening their thoughts but also sending his own response. If you are not replying comments, you are doing wrong. You should respond about every valid comment in order to build online relationship to increase Blog traffic. If your are trying to answer most of the questions you are getting in the form of comments, your blog loyal readers quantity will improve to great level.

9. Represent as a Distinct Personality
It doesn’t matters that there are many blogs already having similar niche to your blog. You need to package your blog in your different and nice way.

This will establish your blog as a distinct personality in which readers will be more interested as they appreciate the real you. Therefore don’t copy others style & content it will make you far away from your dream to become a successful blogger. No need to do so tough & complicated things to be different, you can be much different by simplicity.

10. Keep in Mind that First Impression is the Last Impression
As you know that “The First Impression is the Last Impression“. If your blog or website don’t have nice layout and visitors are finding it hard to read your articles, you need to fix it first.

It’s your blog or website design which is first viewed by your blog readers and if they don’t like it, they will just close it and shift to the next blog or website.

So you need to make sure, there are no unnecessary pop ups and ad stuffing around the content , this irritate the readers. You should begin monitoring your blog from the readers view. Your navigation links structure should be very clear and there should be a category/label for each content type you cover on your website or blog.

I hope these tips will help you to become a successful blogger.

See you at the Top..
Best of luck.

http://lazyreporta.com/10-top-secrets-become-successful-blogger/

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by TruthHurts1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bros, all of dis one na good advice, but with moniker like "Lazyreporter" who go take am serious? grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Lazyreporta(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
TruthHurts1:
Bros, all of dis one na good advice, but with moniker like "Lazyreporter" who go take am serious? grin

Thanks.. Lols cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice post there you just open the eyes of some new bies. www.zealmat.com
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by goverment(m): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
your article is good. blogging is like running a race without given, its all patient, quality content and creating a relationship with ur readers

Without connection, you blog is useless even if you have the best content.

how will your blog post when your blog dosen' t exist.

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
Every hungry webmaster this days is into blogging...SMH
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by MyLady11(m): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Chidexter(m): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
cool, I hope to own a blog/website someday.

but right now I can write articles for your blog.for a token , under these cliches, Environment, Football, Entertainment( joke and short stories tho.).
I am very much flexible and can adapt easily, I have got a strong passion for football and geography.

Cheers
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
ok... but...

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by MyLady11(m): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Jeromejnr(m): 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
With hundreds of entertainment blogs out there, why don't Nigerian bloggers do something different. If you really want to stand out.

Besides, Blogging is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
wink
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Olusanya333(m): 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ok.......... will see to it
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by brunofarad(m): 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thanks Op
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by jtizie(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Well written and informative
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Berrylite: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Informative

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
All these 10 secrets this; 20 secrets that....
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
nice one bro av done this on my blog sharp sharp
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Atom57(m): 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice post op

check www.adeatom..com
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by ichommy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good Write-Up so On Point.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by emmalexdboy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
When it comes to blogging, you need to create a new perceptive around your blog or else the competition will crunch you. There are thousands of blogs on the internet today (and all of them want to make money just like you) and the competition is super stiff.

Many bloggers in Nigeria make it very difficult for themselves by jumping in the entertainment niche, recycling celebrity gists all over the internet just because Linda Ikeji makes it in that niche. But the truth is, the niche is super saturated and she is one the pioneer bloggers in Nigeria which gives her a lot of leverage above others.

So, a good way is to choose a niche that you're passionate about and write about consistently. For example, if you're a website designer - you can start a blog around that topic and start teaching people how to set up a website in your blog posts. You'll definitely see positive result very fast.

After you've done this, create a plan for your blog before even launching it in order to give you a roadmap to follow. (I wrote a whole book on creating a powerful business plan for your blog, you can click on my signature to get your free copy)

With this, you'll definitely start seeing beautiful results with consistency.

This is the exact strategy that I use for my blog and trust me I've achieved a lot.

wink
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by skup008(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
ok. nice points

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by emmyw(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by mubitechnology: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
hmm everybody is giving tips for success, but op abeg are successful in blogging,

passion and persistence is the only thing you need In your blogging career.

don't forget to treat your blog as business.

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by iwriterng(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
More points:

1. Dont blog about "How to Make Money" When you're not making a dime yourself.

2. Relationship is the most important thing as far as blogging is concerned! Connect with fellow bloggers. Submit guest post; leave comment on each others blog; Atleast until you have genuine audience.

3. Forget the money part, because you WON'T make any serious money in the first 6months.

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by winkmart: 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
great one.
check my blog
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by thrillionaire(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lazyreporta:
Blogging has no definite “duration as well as hard work” to become successful. If you think you will be a successful blogger within few nights then you think wrong.

You can be a great and successful Blogger in one months, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year and so on, nothing is fix or either no body can tell you the exact time.

I believe that by continuously following & implementing instructions of successful professional bloggers, you are surely gonna successful in Blogging one day.

Therefore today I am going to share with you top secrets of Successful Bloggers which I collected in last few months.

It’s your content’s quality which matters a big deal. If it’s really good, it will motivate your blog readers to revisit your blog again and again to keep updated with your articles. You should use relevant and interesting image as well as video if possible to make your post more interesting.

Besides unique & quality content is the basic requirement of strong SEO in order to get first position in Google Search Result.

Make all the content you have worked so hard to write easily reachable by each and every visitor. Have a list on your sidebar along with recent posts.

List other content you have written of prospective interest at the end of your post. Include an archive too so people can read your older content. You need to reduce your blog loading time if it loads very slow. This can all be easily completed automatically by the use of WordPress plugins.

Knowing how to drive traffic from search engine into your website will definitely set you apart from average bloggers. For example having little knowledge on Keyword Research & Analysis, Keywords Placement, alternative text for images, Meta description, Meta tags, etc. is necessary if you wish to become a successful blogger. Besides You should also know how to write perfectly SEO optimize articles and build quality back-links for your blog.

Nothing can be achieved easily, and the same is with blogging. If you think you can be a great and famous blogger overnight, wake up. A blog requires hard work, from creating a Blog Logo to Content Research, Content Writing & Blog Promotion. Every success has behind an hard work. Hard work is a must you should never neglect if you want to be a successful blogger.

5. Never Loose Patience
The great blog you see today were not created a few week or month back, they have been there for quite a few years back. Those blogs which are recognized today as best blogs to learn blogging are result of long and continuous hard work. It takes time for visitor to get attached to a blog. You have to be patience. It takes time for a blog to get in spotlight. Once you and your blog are in the spotlight, things go easy.

People around will always Discourage you, until or unless you have truly nice environment. While you won’t see something coming out of your blog or website, there will be a time when you would wish to leave these sorts of things. This is indeed the time to hold on. As I told above, once your blog or website gets in the spotlight, things go smooth. Therefore try to keep encouraging yourself towards blogging and that is possible only when you surround yourself with positive peoples.

There is no need to ask How to Become a Successful Blogger if you have an authentic passion as well as knowledge for the subject you are writing regarding. It’s a long and tough road to build loyal readers for a blog and without real Knowledge & Passion you are guaranteed to fizzle out. Therefore first gain knowledge about the topic and then represent it with full passion in front of your Blog readers. I think you will surly gonna impress them.

You should reply comments coming on your website or blog posts. By this your blog readers will get the feeling that there is someone who is not only listening their thoughts but also sending his own response. If you are not replying comments, you are doing wrong. You should respond about every valid comment in order to build online relationship to increase Blog traffic. If your are trying to answer most of the questions you are getting in the form of comments, your blog loyal readers quantity will improve to great level.

It doesn’t matters that there are many blogs already having similar niche to your blog. You need to package your blog in your different and nice way.

This will establish your blog as a distinct personality in which readers will be more interested as they appreciate the real you. Therefore don’t copy others style & content it will make you far away from your dream to become a successful blogger. No need to do so tough & complicated things to be different, you can be much different by simplicity.

As you know that “The First Impression is the Last Impression“. If your blog or website don’t have nice layout and visitors are finding it hard to read your articles, you need to fix it first.

It’s your blog or website design which is first viewed by your blog readers and if they don’t like it, they will just close it and shift to the next blog or website.

So you need to make sure, there are no unnecessary pop ups and ad stuffing around the content , this irritate the readers. You should begin monitoring your blog from the readers view. Your navigation links structure should be very clear and there should be a category/label for each content type you cover on your website or blog.

See you at the Top..
Best of luck.

Lovely points listed. Thanks Lazy reporter

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Abidex35(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
the most important of all these is never loose patience.

it took even a Linda 5 years to get to the promise land and there were less attention paid to blogging then unlike now.

If u wanna become d next Linda, it might take u d next 10years, Yes , and u gonna achieve that with a unique content.....if you can wait that long, then you are d next Multi Millionaire blogger
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by qtx(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lazyreporta:

5. Never Loose Patience

See you at the Top..
Best of luck.

Great article.
Perhaps, i should add, i Think Reason For Blogging is also critical.
Blogging should first be seen as a passion and not necessarily an avenue to jump into wealth.
I listened to Linda Ikeja one time and said something profound. She said she had the passion for publishing news on the web and reach out to people via quality news and gist content the reason she blogged for almost 4 years without earning a dime from it, yet she held unto it and today she is among the richest bloggers in Nigerian if not African continent. When you are doing something you love doing, you will be relaxed and your best will come out then it becomes fun when you find income coming through it.
[url]robminds.com[/url]

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Jiji And Olx Make Their Money / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? / 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.