Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,374 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:24 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54088 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
I'm Adewale, I'm not a Pro Photographer but working towards it and I've been pretty bored these days (studying Medicine is very boring) and thought of sharing some of my images on Nairaland just to get things going. I un-followed an interesting thread about Mobile Photography in this section after feeling it got boring some how. Some of my lame pictures are there.
It's a dairy, not a portfolio. I won't be posting my works. Critics are allowed, downloading is also allowed as long as you don't credit for it.
So I'd be uploading some pictures as days goes by in my life and I'm inviting you to look at them and see who I am beyond my NL's Username.

I use Sony Xperia Z2, iPhone 5S and Nikon D600.

I'll answer questions, location and date and also camera settings if necessary.

1. At the Chinese Panda reserve,
2. A Panda shaking off..
3. A Panda taking a walk. Chengdu. 28th, Jan 2015. Sony Z2
4. A Prayer Candle, Mt Qingcheng. Chengdu. 30th, Jan 2015. Sony Z2

9 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
A lot has happened since 2016 and this is just getting to the front page. Please take your time to go through the thread if you can't, you can skip to this
https://www.nairaland.com/2918450/photo-diary-mobile-dslr-photography/11#63418461

1 & 2 A Bridge pass Dujiangyan Irrigation System built in 256BC.
3 & 4 A Natural Limestone Cave.

Sony Z2

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
I'll continue with some recent photos.. Please your comments to keep things going.. smiley smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
1. A dance rehearsal for today's Chinese New Year Celebration.
2. A friend of mine at a Gym Shoot
3. You know what that is.
4. A Dry tree in Winter.. Sony Z2. Edited with Photoshop Express and Camera360

Nikon D600

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Would update the thread in some hours.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by esosuo: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lovely photos looks. So much pro
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by omohayek: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
For some reason there just aren't that many avid photographers on Nairaland. That you own a D600 suggests you're among the more serious hobbyists on the forum; what lenses do you have to use with it? I ask as I'm a Nikon user myself.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:53am On Feb 08, 2016
esosuo:
Lovely photos looks. So much pro
Thanks. That's uplifting.
omohayek:
For some reason there just aren't that many avid photographers on Nairaland. That you own a D600 suggests you're among the more serious hobbyists on the forum; what lenses do you have to use with it? I ask as I'm a Nikon user myself.
I own Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8. I sometimes borrow 70-200mm. Most shots here are with the 28-75mm..

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:22am On Feb 08, 2016
1. Preparing breakfast.. iPhone 5s
2. Chinese noodles at a Private Movie viewing. And it tastes nice. iPhone 5s
3. Beef Steak. iPhone 5s
4. Noodles at a local restaurant. iPhone 5s

5 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by AkProsper(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nice 1
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:36am On Feb 10, 2016
1. Buildings iPhone 5s
2. A road to the stadium. Nikon D600
3. Long exposure.. Nikon D600 + ND2 Filter. Exposure 4secs, F16, ISO100
4. At a dinner.. Nikon D600

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by kevindd: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello, Smoosh! I like your photos a lot. I am a beginner photographer, and I'd like to ask you some questions smiley Have you ever tried some fisheye lenses? I like the effect really much, and I want to buy such a lens for me too. I am thinking about the Zenitar one I saw on http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/zenitar_m_fisheye_lens.htm website. It seems very nice and is also affordable for me. What do you think?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by omohayek: 11:22am On Feb 14, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thanks. That's uplifting.I own Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8. I sometimes borrow 70-200mm. Most shots here are with the 28-75mm..

You have good equipment. I also own that Tamron, as well as the 70-200mm. As you're in China, you should be able to get lots of interesting pictures other people on Nairaland will appreciate; why not try posting more of those in the thread? Of course, if you're serious about getting more exposure for your photos, you'll need to look at photography sites like Flickr or 500px.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
omohayek:

You have good equipment. I also own that Tamron, as well as the 70-200mm. As you're in China, you should be able to get lots of interesting pictures other people on Nairaland will appreciate; why not try posting more of those in the thread? Of course, if you're serious about getting more exposure for your photos, you'll need to look at photography sites like Flickr or 500px.
I'm really tied down with studies. Thanks for the heads up.
kevindd:
Hello, Smoosh! I like your photos a lot. I am a beginner photographer, and I'd like to ask you some questions smiley Have you ever tried some fisheye lenses? I like the effect really much, and I want to buy such a lens for me too. I am thinking about the Zenitar one I saw on website. It seems very nice and is also affordable for me. What do you think?
thanks. if it suites your type of photography you can go for it. I'd rather you spend the money on a prime lens 50mm or speedlight.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by tescoleps(f): 10:00am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice thread.. The pictures are quite lovely. cool
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 12:18am On Feb 19, 2016
Your pictures are astounding.

I'm considering getting a DSLR myself. I need a real cheap one though... Money is tight. I'm also studying medicine by the way.

Can you recommend a good budget dSLR for me? And what do you think of mirrorless cameras?

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by datkoded(m): 1:26am On Feb 19, 2016
HyDef:

I'm considering getting a DSLR myself. I need a real cheap one though... Money is tight. I'm also studying medicine by the way.

Can you recommend a good budget dSLR for me? And what do you think of mirrorless cameras?
there's a camera for every budget, but basic entry level should be from 80k
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2016
datkoded:
there's a camera for every budget, but basic entry level should be from 80k

Yeah... 80k.is basically what I can afford now.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:54am On Feb 19, 2016
tescoleps:
Nice thread.. The pictures are quite lovely. cool
Thanks. Lovely comment.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:59am On Feb 19, 2016
HyDef:

Thank you. I'd love any advice from you. With 80k here, you can get a Nikon D90 and a 50mm F1/8. 80k might not be enough in Nigeria. As for mirror less camera, their not as rugged as DSLRs and have mediocre battery life but they're also good when it comes to performance. for flexibility, and lens compatibility, DSLR are the best way to dab into photography. A bang for buck is DSLR
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 11:09am On Feb 19, 2016
1. A wire fence
2. I tired macro with my zoom lens. That's how far it can go to focus. Not a tad close to what a macro lens would do.
3. I tried long exposure without a tripod. Very silly tho. I just felt sharing it.

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2016
A normal gym day shoot. Not an actual photoshoot.. I love the last picture more.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thank you. I'd love any advice from you. With 80k here, you can get a Nikon D90 and a 50mm F1/8. 80k might not be enough in Nigeria. As for mirror less camera, their not as rugged as DSLRs and have mediocre battery life but they're also good when it comes to performance. for flexibility, and lens compatibility, DSLR are the best way to dab into photography. A bang for buck is DSLR

Advice from me? I should be getting advice from you! But I'll see what I can say.

I most likely won't be getting it in Nigeria, so that might help me quite a bit.

Modified: looking at your latest pictures, I've gotta say you've really got Talent.

The wire fence and the pseudo-macro wink are really nice. Love the bokeh in those two.

The 3rd is astounding cuz of the colours and the reflection tops everything off to make absolute beauty.

The gym shot is cool cuz of the colour on top of the black and white, but just like you, I love the last one. Perfect timing.

You really are good. I can't say that anything so far could have been done better. I do like closeup shots though... Macros. Would be nice to see you do a few of those.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
HyDef:

Advice from me? I should be getting advice from you! But I'll see what I can say.

I most likely won't be getting it in Nigeria, so that might help me quite a bit.

Modified: looking at your latest pictures, I've gotta say you've really got Talent.

The wire fence and the pseudo-macro wink are really nice. Love the bokeh in those two.

The 3rd is astounding cuz of the colours and the reflection tops everything off to make absolute beauty.

The gym shot is cool cuz of the colour on top of the black and white, but just like you, I love the last one. Perfect timing.

You really are good. I can't say that anything so far could have been done better. I do like closeup shots though... Macros. Would be nice to see you do a few of those.
Thanks a lot. I'll keep updating the thread. And to keep things going, if you have any questions choice concerning gadgets I'm up. cheesy
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thanks a lot. I'll keep updating the thread. And to keep things going, if you have any questions choice concerning gadgets I'm up. cheesy

Great! I'll be sure to ask if anything comes to mind.

Although have a bit of a question... The picture of the waterfall where you used a longer exposure? Is exposure the same as shutter speed? When I tried to use a delayed shutter in daytime, I got too much light and the whole photo turned white. Does that mean it's not possible to take pictures with longer shutter in daylight?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nice pictures bruh! The closeup shots are really nice + the bokeh in there.

Try to reduce ur Logo size, and make it white and black. So you 'll be able to blend it with all sort of shots.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
Brimmie:
Nice pictures bruh! The closeup shots are really nice + the bokeh in there.

Try to reduce ur Logo size, and make it white and black. So you 'll be able to blend it with all sort of shots.
Long time Brimmie.I also have the B/W version and I'll take that into consideration. Thank you so much. How've you been?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
HyDef:

Great! I'll be sure to ask if anything comes to mind.

Although have a bit of a question... The picture of the waterfall where you used a longer exposure? Is exposure the same as shutter speed? When I tried to use a delayed shutter in daytime, I got too much light and the whole photo turned white. Does that mean it's not possible to take pictures with longer shutter in daylight?
Exposure and shutter speed are the same. Using long exposure in daytime will always result in an over exposed image. Sometimes reducing your ISO to the minimum, or use a higher F-stop like 16 and above. If all does not work, like the picture you were talking of, I used a ND filter which allows the picture to be very dark in daytime so you can use much slower shutter speed.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Exposure and shutter speed are the same. Using long exposure in daytime will always result in an over exposed image. Sometimes reducing your ISO to the minimum, or use a higher F-stop like 16 and above. If all does not work, like the picture you were talking of, I used a ND filter which allows the picture to be very dark in daytime so you can use much slower shutter speed.

Ah. I see. Will try that our immediately. Thanks for that tip bro.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
HyDef:

Ah. I see. Will try that our immediately. Thanks for that tip bro.
You can also
1. increase your shutter speed a little like instead of 30 secs, use 15sec.
2. Sometimes what you're trying to achieve might not require that long. If the required shutter speed was 20" and you set 30, the remaining 10" is gathering light you don't need.
3. Wait till it's a little dark wink Magical things happen at night.

Just just playing with the settings till it's a balanced. Low ISO, High F-stop or faster shutter speed.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 6:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
SmooshCHN:
You can also
1. increase your shutter speed a little like instead of 30 secs, use 15sec.
2. Sometimes what you're trying to achieve might not require that long. If the required shutter speed was 20" and you set 30, the remaining 10" is gathering light you don't need.
3. Wait till it's a little dark wink Magical things happen at night.

Just just playing with the settings till it's a balanced. Low ISO, High F-stop or faster shutter speed.

Wow... I'm learning a lot from you. And I'm a little lucky to have a phone where I can adjust exposure... Couldn't do that on my old one.

Yeah... I've always had issues deciding how long I should set the shutter too, hoping I won't choose too much. I guess less is a little better here than too much.

Yeah... Going out tonight... Hoping to get a better light trail than my last one. Cant wait.

Thanks for the tips man! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) / Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.