Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54347 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2017
Plans for my shoot failed last minute. Had to come up with something quick..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
If you're on IG, I can text you there. Emails, Whatsapp are quite stressful.

@r_clocke
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2017
LED Lights to the rescue..

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Some smoke bomb action

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Some smoke bomb action

Saw this on your IG..

Nice one bruhh!!

Anyone here knows where I can get some in Nigeria? Been searching for this for a long time.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Brimmie:

Saw this on your IG..

Nice one bruhh!!

Anyone here knows where I can get some in Nigeria? Been searching for this for a long time.
I have no idea.. And i have no contacts also. There are tutorials on how to make em on YouTube. I've not tried it though.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I have no idea.. And i have no contacts also. There are tutorials on how to make em on YouTube. I've not tried it though.
You can't find the chemical to use in Nigeria sef, would have made if the compounds where available
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 2:16am On Dec 25, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Some smoke bomb action

Great pictures. The model is pretty as well.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by QuestionMac: 1:54pm On May 08, 2018
Are you ever going to n visit Nigeria?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 9:10am On May 10, 2018
QuestionMac:
Are you ever going to n visit Nigeria?
Yes I will. Probably later this year. I'm curious why you askrd:to
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:47pm On May 12, 2018
Some portraits to keep this going..

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:57pm On May 12, 2018
A bit of local Chinese architecture and Street Photography

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:58pm On May 12, 2018
Part 2

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:04pm On May 12, 2018
I'm slowly finding comfort in shooting portraits. I'm a natural introvert but shooting portraits has helped me become more social than I ever was. Getting to know my subject and getting to interact with them as they do me, has been more like therapy for me. Photography has secretly been my therapy and it gets better everyday.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by IAmSkinny: 11:12am On May 13, 2018
I Consider the OP as a very skillful photography with a ton of experience and pro gears at his disposal. You are doing an excellent job right here and your photos are really inspiring.
Now to the main deal, clean sony mirrorless camera for quick sale. It's very cheap.
https://www.nairaland.com/4470483/sale-clean-sony-mirrorless-digital
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 1:07pm On May 13, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I'm slowly finding comfort in shooting portraits. I'm a natural introvert but shooting portraits has helped me become more social than I ever was. Getting to know my subject and getting to interact with them as they do me, has been more like therapy for me. Photography has secretly been my therapy and it gets better everyday.

I'm happy you're finding joy in what you love, and it's improving you as a person. It must feel so rewarding. Compared to photography, how much appeal does medicine hold for you?

Now, on to more pertinent things. The last picture you uploaded in the post I quoted is pure gold. The symmetry, the background, the lighting, the colour of her jeans... Gaddemit man! Did you use a tripod for the shot?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2018
BTW, I believe it would be immensely helpful if you gave us some details of the settings you used for some shots (like the picture I heaped praise on). Aperture, focal length, ISO, shutter speed, did you edit, any other tricks? It would help a lot. Thank you.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:37pm On May 13, 2018
DammyOlu123:

I'm happy you're finding joy in what you love, and it's improving you as a person. It must feel so rewarding. Compared to photography, how much appeal does medicine hold for you?

Now, on to more pertinent things. The last picture you uploaded in the post I quoted is pure gold. The symmetry, the background, the lighting, the colour of her jeans... Gaddemit man! Did you use a tripod for the shot?
Thanks man. To be honest, I'm one of the majorities living the African Parent's expectation. But while I have a passion in Photography, I understand my position so, medicine has my priorities for now.. As time goes on, I'll figure it all out. Gotta be realistic with everything..

Anyways about the picture? I didn't use a Tripod. It was shot handheld..

Nikon D600, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens at 28mm 1/400th sec, F/2.8, ISO 100. I edited using Adobe Lightroom. Just some color changes.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:46pm On May 13, 2018
IAmSkinny:
I Consider the OP as a very skillful photography with a ton of experience and pro gears at his disposal. You are doing an excellent job right here and your photos are really inspiring.
Now to the main deal, clean sony mirrorless camera for quick sale. It's very cheap.
https://www.nairaland.com/4470483/sale-clean-sony-mirrorless-digital
Thanks man..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:50pm On May 13, 2018
Freedom is underrated.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 4:30pm On May 13, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Thanks man. To be honest, I'm one of the majorities living the African Parent's expectation. But while I have a passion in Photography, I understand my position so, medicine has my priorities for now.. As time goes on, I'll figure it all out. Gotta be realistic with everything..

Anyways about the picture? I didn't use a Tripod. It was shot handheld..

Nikon D600, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens at 28mm 1/400th sec, F/2.8, ISO 100. I edited using Adobe Lightroom. Just some color changes.

Your answer isn't unexpected. It seems there are quite a number of smart, talented individuals who have been shoehorned into conventional and convenient paths. I'm in a very similar situation (so is one of the monikers who follows and admires your picture. We're friends and classmates, actually).
Unlike you, I haven't found that getaway, that spark that would make it worth it. Imagine dragging through medical school, just barely surviving exams, with not much to show for all the effort. Moral of the story: keep it up!

Your settings are as I imagined them. I await more sublime shots (no pressure).

And yes, freedom IS underrated, until you lose it.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:32pm On May 13, 2018
We often replace our wants and temporary satisfactions for happiness. True happiness has no price. It can never be bought. Neither can we replay them in real life or re-live it. If you're happy at any moment, do cherish it and never take it for granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:34pm On May 13, 2018
She kept the sparks alive.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:36pm On May 13, 2018

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:41pm On May 13, 2018
DammyOlu123:

Your answer isn't unexpected. It seems there are quite a number of smart, talented individuals who have been shoehorned into conventional and convenient paths. I'm in a very similar situation (so is one of the monikers who follows and admires your picture. We're friends and classmates, actually).
Unlike you, I haven't found that getaway, that spark that would make it worth it. Imagine dragging through medical school, just barely surviving exams, with not much to show for all the effort. Moral of the story: keep it up!

Your settings are as I imagined them. I await more sublime shots (no pressure).

And yes, freedom IS underrated, until you lose it.
I understand every part of that and I'm touched because I can totally relate to it. Doing things you don't enjoy because others have am expectation from you when you get no joy from it.. It's like a burden that never fades.. I don't think I've found my way yet but I do pray you find your getaway as soon as possible. Never give up and remain hopeful. Good things comes to those we wait and stay true to themselves.. Keep looking man around. You'd find that getaway. The only one who fails is the one who settles for less.. Much love.. I'll keep updating the thread. If I'm free, I'll upload some before and after..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 2:56am On May 14, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I understand every part of that and I'm touched because I can totally relate to it. Doing things you don't enjoy because others have am expectation from you when you get no joy from it.. It's like a burden that never fades.. I don't think I've found my way yet but I do pray you find your getaway as soon as possible. Never give up and remain hopeful. Good things comes to those we wait and stay true to themselves.. Keep looking man around. You'd find that getaway. The only one who fails is the one who settles for less.. Much love.. I'll keep updating the thread. If I'm free, I'll upload some before and after..

Thanks my man. Much appreciated. The consistent hard work is what's important, no matter what path you choose. I really do hope I find that getaway, and I hope you do too. It drastically improves quality of life.

Now, onto photography matters. I love this batch for that 'bronzing' effect you've used. You also seem adept at setting up scenes. I guess you had to turn up the ISO in some/most of the shots? Did you do anything to the shutter speed? And your models are simply gorgeous.

N.B.: I'm a total noob at photography, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around some basic concepts, hence the bombardment. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 2:58am On May 14, 2018
SmooshCHN:
She kept the sparks alive.
Bokeh!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:07am On May 14, 2018
DammyOlu123:

Thanks my man. Much appreciated. The consistent hard work is what's important, no matter what path you choose. I really do hope I find that getaway, and I hope you do too. It drastically improves quality of life.
Yes it does.. Thank you man.

Now, onto photography matters. I love this batch for that 'bronzing' effect you've used. You also seem adept at setting up scenes. I guess you had to turn up the ISO in some/most of the shots? Did you do anything to the shutter speed? And your models are simply gorgeous
Yes, I do spend time setting up the scene and removing distractions from the background and sometimes I end up forgetting giving te2same attention or treatment to the model. But it gets better with experience. I used my 85mm here so my shutter speed was 1/80th and ISO 3000 at F/2.0. I had a Tripod with me here but it just slows everything down so I shot handheld.

N.B.: I'm a total noob at photography, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around some basic concepts, hence the bombardment. Cheers!
No problem. I'll entertain all questions. You can check out Manny Ortiz, Mango Street, Jessica Kobbeisi, Irene Rudnyk and Tony and Chelsea Northrop on YouTube. You'll get more knowledge from watching their videos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2018
My man! I haven't been to Nairaland in a while, but I'm glad to see you've still got it going.
Excellent pictures from you, as usual. I love that you're diving into portraits now, though I miss your landscape shots some. :p

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:54pm On May 14, 2018
HyDef:
My man! I haven't been to Nairaland in a while, but I'm glad to see you've still got it going.
Excellent pictures from you, as usual. I love that you're diving into portraits now, though I miss your landscape shots some. :p

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the support man.. I don't have the opportunity for landscape anymore.. Studies got me tied up with no time to explore.. I'll keep the thread going too.. Hope you're doing good man?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 5:28pm On May 14, 2018
SmooshCHN:

Yes it does.. Thank you man.

Yes, I do spend time setting up the scene and removing distractions from the background and sometimes I end up forgetting giving te2same attention or treatment to the model. But it gets better with experience. I used my 85mm here so my shutter speed was 1/80th and ISO 3000 at F/2.0. I had a Tripod with me here but it just slows everything down so I shot handheld.

No problem. I'll entertain all questions. You can check out Manny Ortiz, Mango Street, Jessica Kobbeisi, Irene Rudnyk and Tony and Chelsea Northrop on YouTube. You'll get more knowledge from watching their videos.

Thanks for all the info. I followed you on IG, BTW. I want to ask a few questions.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:53am On May 15, 2018
DammyOlu123:

Thanks for all the info. I followed you on IG, BTW. I want to ask a few questions.
Ok.. Just DM me your questions. I'll get back to you asap..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.