Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54334 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by YOMITEWIN(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I won't rate you cos it's disrespectful on my side as I'm not a Professional myself but I'll give you tips..
The 1st and 3rd are pretty much the same or have the same concept of friendship. You don't need to shoot the whole surrounding, their height or full image. If you really want to command response and feelings of friendship in a picture of people, you should shoot tighter or crop it tighter, there's no need for the really large space you had to blur out with the app.
For the second, you can get closer to the snail or crop it closer, every surrounding without meaning to your picture/subject should always be cropped out. Exception was if the snail was on leaves which shows it's natural habitat.
The last picture is great. I like the feeling of the nightlife of Lagos.
it's not balanced. You should move more to your left like you're in the middle of the road on the bridge you're on.. It'll make it more balanced since more cars are on your right and the left has been virtually empty.

In conclusion, shoot closer to emphasize your subject and shoot with your phone straight not a little bent. If you want to bend the phone let's say 45degrees do it but don't let it appear like you made a mistake or didn't handle the phone properly.
Keep working on your composition till you get you camera. All the best Yomi.

Thanks bro really appreciate
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I took the shot like you'd normally take any picture but I edited it in Adobe Lightroom and reduced the saturation on the surrounding except on my main subject. That's all
Thank you kindly
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by oluwarichie(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
@adewale I cant seem to send u a mail as you advised......but here are my contact.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
oluwarichie:
@adewale I cant seem to send u a mail as you advised......but here are my contact.
I've sent you an email. Please edit your post and take off your contacts for safety.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by oluwarichie(m): 8:11am On Jul 06, 2016
RichART

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
New monochrome series.

First is a shot I took yesterday in the rain. No problem since the camera is weather sealed.

Second is a panning shot.. Trying to work more on my composition

Please drop your comments, critique and advise.. Thanks.

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
oluwarichie:
RichART
Very nice
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just capturing moments.. Strike a feeling of presence like you're in the shot.

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
SmooshCHN:
New monochrome series.

First is a shot I took yesterday in the rain. No problem since the camera is weather sealed.

Second is a panning shot.. Trying to work more on my composition

Please drop your comments, critique and advise.. Thanks.

Yum. I like that first shot. Quite my style. All the high whites and dark blacks really give a striking shot.

Second one, well, I don't know how possible it might have been, but I'd have preferred it the lady on the scooter was more, focused on, should I say?

SmooshCHN:
Just capturing moments.. Strike a feeling of presence like you're in the shot.

Saw that first one in the other thread, love it. The colours, and the whole 'nightlife' theme really get me. cheesy

That second one is funny. Funny how that guy has his face expressed. And that girl using the iPhone is cute. grin Picture seems a little low res though...

Third one, I like it. Seems there was a lot of rain recently. smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
HyDef:

Yum. I like that first shot. Quite my style. All the high whites and dark blacks really give a striking shot.

Second one, well, I don't know how possible it might have been, but I'd have preferred it the lady on the scooter was more, focused on, should I say?

Saw that first one in the other thread, love it. The colours, and the whole 'nightlife' theme really get me. cheesy

That second one is funny. Funny how that guy has his face expressed. And that girl using the iPhone is cute. grin Picture seems a little low res though...

Third one, I like it. Seems there was a lot of rain recently. smiley
The Lady on bike was a "panning shot" to depict a sense of movement. She's on focus but the background is in a sort of motion blur. I'll try to make it look more precise next time.

I had to compress all the pictures cos of NL.
Thanks for you reply I appreciate. I'll be more precise next time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by iamord(m): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Canon 650D vs Nikon D5500..

Canon 650D ns Nikon D5300

OmichaelO PLEASE GO THROUGH THE PICTURES CAREFULLY AND PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL.

Pls am still keen on nikon d750 and would like to know more
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:16am On Jul 16, 2016
These are moments I'll definitely remember.
The first two are panoramic images taken with my phone
The last one was with my Camera but also panorama.

I usually take several pictures from one end to the other and then combine it in Adobe Lightroom as Panorama. I don't use the Phone's panorama feature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:17am On Jul 16, 2016
iamord:

Pls am still keen on nikon d750 and would like to know more
Sorry I replied you 3 days ago but I was banned for the reply. I don't know why.

The d750 is solid. You can go for it.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:19am On Jul 16, 2016
These are before and after of my images..

My work flow usually goes like.
Adjust Colour Balance,
Adjust exposure
Crop
Every other edit goes by my mood.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2016
Rooftop Series

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Rooftop Series

As usual, your photos are all amazing.

The one with the smoke flare is particularly my favourite. Keep it up man.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2016
HyDef:

As usual, your photos are all amazing.

The one with the smoke flare is particularly my favourite. Keep it up man.
Thanks Man.. How are doing?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by iamord(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Thank you very much... I have pre-ordered for a nikon d750 and so anxious to put my hands on it.. What lenses and tools will be a best pick for fashion, (GQ style) lifestyle and architecture... Along with any tools that you think might help me along the way?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:

I'm doing alright. School has been a little tight recently. So I haven't been quite active with the camera, but I can still appreciate good photography.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
HyDef:

I'm doing alright. School has been a little tight recently. So I haven't been quite active with the camera, but I can still appreciate good photography.
Ehh!! Sorry. Keep doing your utmost best and you'll be rewarded. All the best Man. And thanks for your continuous support and compliments. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
iamord:

Thank you very much... I have pre-ordered for a nikon d750 and so anxious to put my hands on it.. What lenses and tools will be a best pick for fashion, (GQ style) lifestyle and architecture... Along with any tools that you think might help me along the way?
Congrats.. I'm sure you won't regret your choice. What's GQ style??
For sure, you'll be needing a Tripod.
For lenses and tools, Please let me know and don't be shy to speak up.

What will be your primary area? Fashion or Architecture?
Would you be working with the gears?
How many lenses? 2-3 is OK.
Are you money conscious?
What's the range you willing to spend on lenses?
From here it'll be easier.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Viktor1983(m): 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Beautiful thread..
Why haven't I seen this all this while. .
Good day Mr SmooshCHN..
I need a bit of advice from you on making a camera decision. ..
Can we get to talk?
viktormoloque at gmail dot com
Thank you
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
Viktor1983:
Beautiful thread..
Why haven't I seen this all this while. .
Good day Mr SmooshCHN..
I need a bit of advice from you on making a camera decision. ..
Can we get to talk?
viktormoloque at gmail dot com
Thank you
Thanks for stopping by. I stopped updating this thread cos school works have gotten me so busy. I'll send you a mail tonight so we'd talk.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
I've been busy with school work and totally forgot about updating this Diary. But I'll continue.. Stay tuned guys

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
SmooshCHN:
I've been busy with school work and totally forgot about updating this Diary. But I'll continue.. Stay tuned guys

I absolutely love the composition of the last one.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:20am On Nov 02, 2016
HyDef:

I absolutely love the composition of the last one.
Thank you.. I'll keep on posting.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by LegitDiva: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Definitely following this thread.

SmooshCHN your pix are quite inspiring to say the least,, would be beyond glad to hv u give me little tips in this field.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mr Smooshchn it's been awhile. how are you ?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
OmichaelO:
Mr Smooshchn it's been awhile. how are you ?
Yes my brother, either medical school is just the scam they said it to be or I'm paying the price of what I chose.. I've been just unnecessarily busy with things I can't even mention.. I've been taking pictures and going out just once a while but I haven't been uploading them anywhere.. But I'll continue from where I stopped.. How have you been too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
LegitDiva:
Definitely following this thread.

SmooshCHN your pix are quite inspiring to say the least,, would be beyond glad to hv u give me little tips in this field.

Thank you Ma'am. Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment. I appreciate your feedback.. I'll keep updating the thread and you can ask me questions here on pictures you see and I'll surely reply you. And BTW, I've gotten your email address and would surely text you. So please edit your post and remove your email address for safety reasons.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Yes my brother, either medical school is just the scam they said it to be or I'm paying the price of what I chose.. I've been just unnecessarily busy with things I can't even mention.. I've been taking pictures and going out just once a while but I haven't been uploading them anywhere.. But I'll continue from where I stopped.. How have you been too?
@bolded grin grin.
You'll be alright. I'll be looking forward to seeing them.
I took some pictures too and I was proud of myself for fews hours. lol
I've been good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.