Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,403 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:54 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54089 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2016
Here is a example of how I edit my images. Just Snapseed and nothing else.. Most times, when I see there isn't really much in an image, I just switch it to black and white. But the most important thing I did here that bring this image to life is using the CROP AND TRANSFORM tool. Most people hardly crop right or hardly ever use the Transform tool.. Look out for distortions as well as perfecting every details of your image to try feign a Pro look and you'd be close.
Shot on an iPhone 5s
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2016
Another Shot.. Here is the before and after. 90% of professional images online have been retouched and they look great. So why not do the same to your pictures and look like a pro? Except you don't want to.
I use Snapseed for almost 99% of my editing and the good part is I can go back to my images of last year and the app still records my editing process which let's me adjust whatever I want or remove which process I'm not satisfied with. Try it out if you don't have it

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2016
The above pictures are all mobile pictures..
And here another one with the before and after.
Transform, Crop, Contrast and then Healing to remove unwanted light..

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2016
Some long exposure shots..
wTaken ith my camera at 30s exposure

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Seriously man, good stuff. And yes, I totally agree. Snapseed is easily the best mobile editing app there is.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
HyDef:
Seriously man, good stuff. And yes, I totally agree. Snapseed is easily the best mobile editing app there is.
No doubt
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Viktor1983(m): 11:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Bump.. .checking to see if Smoosh updated thread, hope you're good bro
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
Viktor1983:
Bump.. .checking to see if Smoosh updated thread, hope you're good bro
Thank you Vic.. I'll sure be updating.. I've just been caught up with school work cry
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Moods And Feelings

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Down is Boring...
On the last picture, I can still feel the rush of adrenaline ascending the rooftop of a 57 storey buiwonder walking it's borders and knowing that is just like OK for high rise buildings in China. Make me wonder where we were when other countries were working.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
So the first two pictures were taken on the same day. Since I hardly have time to do organized shoots or predicted outings for pictures, I just go around with my camera and just capture whatever comes around me.

On the last picture, I went out to get the shot.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
These are my latest pictures.. And I'm working on doing some portraits very soon. So bear with me and stay tuned. Thanks for you let support and kind comments. Anything critics to help is also welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Viktor1983(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Thank you Vic.. I'll sure be updating.. I've just been caught up with school work cry
It's all good bro stay focused.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
Viktor1983:

It's all good bro stay focused.
Thanks Man.. I appreciate it. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Down is Boring...
On the last picture, I can still feel the rush of adrenaline ascending the rooftop of a 57 storey buiwonder walking it's borders and knowing that is just like OK for high rise buildings in China. Make me wonder where we were when other countries were working.

Wow man. You've struck us once again with your art. These are all great shots, and I don't know which I like the best. Probably the one of the pagoda.

And in your next post, the coloured shot of the pagoda is probably my absolute favourite of all you've done.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2016
HyDef:

Wow man. You've struck us once again with your art. These are all great shots, and I don't know which I like the best. Probably the one of the pagoda.

And in your next post, the coloured shot of the pagoda is probably my absolute favourite of all you've done.
cheesy cheesy It's also one of my favourite. Thank you so much man.. Your support and kinds words keeps me motivated. Thank you..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
been long here
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
My Man! It's been a while bruh!

I think it's time for me to go Full Frame.. been doing more of Real Estate Photography lately. I 'ld prolly get D610 - coz of the price (I don't mind D810 as a gift tho! wink) . I hope my DX 35mm 1.8G would still work well?

By the way, I love how you apply B/W on your pictures. I just don't know how to.. Maybe coz of my Style of Photography.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
So the first two pictures were taken on the same day. Since I hardly have time to do organized shoots or predicted outings for pictures, I just go around with my camera and just capture whatever comes around me.

On the last picture, I went out to get the shot.

@Bold: I wish I could do this without the fear of being harassed or beaten.. (I've been there twice).

I started a project on Street Photography 2weeks ago, but getting close shots of people is hard for me (I use 35mm). I don't wanna use zoom coz I don't want to be noticed or be seen as someone rich or expensive.. (Only in Nigeria). Besides, my Kit Lens is not as sharp as my Baby 35mm.

@Pic: You know whadiddis!! wink Following your ways as usual.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
Brimmie:

@Bold: I wish I could do this without the fear of being harassed or beaten.. (I've been there twice).

I started a project on Street Photography 2weeks ago, but getting close shots of people is hard for me (I use 35mm). I don't wanna use zoom coz I don't want to be noticed or be seen as someone rich or expensive.. (Only in Nigeria). Besides, my Kit Lens is not as sharp as my Baby 35mm.

@Pic: You know whadiddis!! wink Following your ways as usual.
cheesy cheesy
The 35mn is perfect. I never used to advise friends to pick up a zoom kit lens cos it kind of slows everything down you know that feeling. BTW, whether prime or zoom, so far there's a camera in you hands, you'll face one restrictions or the other. I was also arrested weeks ago by these chinese police for taking pictures. Sometimes, you can inform people of your plans or just be more direct and not appear like a Stalker or creep cheesy If I still have your mail, I'll hit you up. Or Instagram would be awesome.. My IG is LifeOfWaley

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brimmie(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
cheesy cheesy
The 35mn is perfect. I never used to advise friends to pick up a zoom kit lens cos it kind of slows everything down you know that feeling. BTW, whether prime or zoom, so far there's a camera in you hands, you'll face one restrictions or the other. I was also arrested weeks ago by these chinese police for taking pictures. Sometimes, you can inform people of your plans or just be more direct and not appear like a Stalker or creep cheesy If I still have your mail, I'll hit you up. Or Instagram would be awesome.. My IG is LifeOfWaley

I'm right behind you already on IG! smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by seyema(m): 5:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by seyema(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
I took my time to read everything on this thread and I see that you guys lay more emphasis on the camera than the lens.

Does it now mean an excellent camera with a crappy lens or the other way round?

And what lens or camera is good for some on tourist?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
seyema:
I took my time to read everything on this thread and I see that you guys lay more emphasis on the camera than the lens.

Does it now mean an excellent camera with a crappy lens or the other way round?

And what lens or camera is good for some on tourist?
So sorry to confuse you. The thread is just a personal diary and I reply people based on what they needed to know. Concerning your question, it's definitely the other way round. There should be more investment in lenses especially the ones with great quality and one shouldn't also pair great lenses with crapy cameras so as to get a full value.
For tourism, I think a 24-105mm or 24-300mm would be awesome well depending on your camera sensor. Anything of wide range of focal length would be great for tourism.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by seyema(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmooshCHN:
So sorry to confuse you. The thread is just a personal diary and I reply people based on what they needed to know. Concerning your question, it's definitely the other way round. There should be more investment in lenses especially the ones with great quality and one shouldn't also pair great lenses with crapy cameras so as to get a full value.
For tourism, I think a 24-105mm or 24-300mm would be awesome well depending on your camera sensor. Anything of wide range of focal length would be great for tourism.

Good. The camera is d5300
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by seyema(m): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
And is there any serious difference between 1.8g and 1.4g? Does it worth paying more for 1.4g?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 12:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
seyema:
And is there any serious difference between 1.8g and 1.4g? Does it worth paying more for 1.4g?
You'll only be paying double the amount of the 1.8 for 65% more light and also better build quality for the 1.4g which has better plastic. Whether that extra shallow depth of field and extra light is worth it, I can't say cos it depends on you. But I'll just go with the 1.8g and use the extra money on something else cos you can't tell the difference when shooting both at 1.8
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2017
Been a while you posted man.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by tayoccu(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
a random collection of my work

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nice work bro. Do you have any picture shot on Nikon D7000, Nikon D5200 or Nikon D3300? I'd love to buy one of the listed cameras
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2017
worworgirl:
Nice work bro. Do you have any picture shot on Nikon D7000, Nikon D5200 or Nikon D3300? I'd love to buy one of the listed cameras
No Dear. I haven't shot extensively with any of the cameras you mentioned but the best valuefor money you;ll get is going for the D5200, D5300 or D5500. Don't bother about the D7000, D7100 or the D3000 series if you're really serious and planning to take photographer long term and professionally..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
No Dear. I haven't shot extensively with any of the cameras you mentioned but the best valuefor money you;ll get is going for the D5200, D5300 or D5500. Don't bother about the D7000, D7100 or the D3000 series if you're really serious and planning to take photographer long term and professionally..
Thanks a lot. I don't plan going into professional photography, I only want to take pictures for fun , vacation and trips. Which should I go for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Life Tree Carving Of Oba Of Benin By Ibukun Emmanuel (Photos) / Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.