Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54343 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
worworgirl:
Thanks a lot. I don't plan going into professional photography, I only want to take pictures for fun , vacation and trips. Which should I go for?
If your budget is flexible, get the D7100 or D5500. If it isn't, a D5300, D5200 or D3400 is OK with a prime lens. These camera are quite low on image quality and in low light so get A 35mm prime lens not zoom lens, if you want better quality pictures from these cameras. A zoom lens should be second option
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 8:26am On Sep 25, 2017
It's been awhile here.

SMOOSHCHN, how are you doing and how is school ?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by ojophilip(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2017
Awesome shots
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
OmichaelO:
It's been awhile here.

SMOOSHCHN, how are you doing and how is school ?
I've been good Bro.. School has really made things hard. Kinda fell out of love with photography especially when there's little to no time to create something. We'd be getting one week holiday so I'll actively upload contents here. I hope people would tune in cos I have lots of pictures to post.

Thanks for remembering me. I appreciate. smiley

Hope you good too?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 3:49am On Sep 27, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I've been good Bro.. School has really made things hard. Kinda fell out of love with photography especially when there's little to no time to create something. We'd be getting one week holiday so I'll actively upload contents here. I hope people would tune in cos I have lots of pictures to post.

Thanks for remembering me. I appreciate. smiley

Hope you good too?
Pele. you'll be fine smiley
hehe, power of school grin grin @bolded

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures smiley smiley

Anytime bro!! All the best in your endeavours (most especially school).
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
I'm back for now and keeping you guys updated. I've been like 5 month behind so I'll just post some shots.. I'll try as much as possible to post at least twice every week. Hope you like them. wink

Both pictures can be used as wallpapers. Cropped to 9:16.

7 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Visited an Art museum in Beijing. And being a loner, I had no one to take pictures for me. So I was prepared to document myself through the journey.. Placed my tripod and the camera on the floor and set the timer then got back for the pose.
If you're like me who likes traveling alone, just note this.

Things to note:
1. Preparation: I knew I'd be alone so I took my tripod.
2. Composition: You're visiting an art museum. Your shot should definitely show you appreciating art not just taking the picture of a flower in a museum. People want to experience it like they're in there. That's the goal.
3. Skill: I'm just talking about being in tune with your equipment (phone, camera,tripod). Learning to set timer, how to frame your shot, envisioning it and making it come to life is critical.
4. Where to focus: It's not hard. You can place something where you plan to pose in your shot, set you focus manually and you can get in the shot.

7 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
The Lines are just satisfying.

5 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Just basic street photography. Nothing serious or technical.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
Went on a hike on the Great Wall of China..

I did edit the images.

You can message me for the original files of any of the pictures. I'll love to see your edits.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
I'll post more from this session later. I really had some cool shots.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
and it's my wallpaper
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
She was everything real in a world of make believe.

6 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
She was herself and the world loved her for it.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I'd have altered the position of the Bicycle but it was chained and I didn't want to look like a thief. So I just took it that way.
This got me laughing
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
My man is back, and still back with some amazing shots! It's been too long, but it's great seeing these pictures from you. I just had to take the chainlink fence picture for a wallpaper.

SmooshCHN:
The Lines are just satisfying.

I agree completely. My favourite is the second. All the white just has an effect.

SmooshCHN:
Went on a hike on the Great Wall of China..

I did edit the images.

You can message me for the original files of any of the pictures. I'll love to see your edits.

I love that landscape picture. It's gorgeous.

SmooshCHN:
undecided
The pictures with the Masked Man might be my favourite you've done. The one with the smoke, how did you achieve that? And then the one in front of the illuminated building is very nice.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 12:51am On Oct 02, 2017
what's your instagram handle
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:07am On Oct 02, 2017
HyDef:
My man is back, and still back with some amazing shots! It's been too long, but it's great seeing these pictures from you. I just had to take the chainlink fence picture for a wallpaper.

I agree completely. My favourite is the second. All the white just has an effect.

I love that landscape picture. It's gorgeous.

The pictures with the Masked Man might be my favourite you've done. The one with the smoke, how did you achieve that? And then the one in front of the illuminated building is very nice.

Thank you so much. Some of the picture aren't sharp and unsaturated after uploading them here. I don't know what's wrong with NL but bear with me.

The smoke picture was done with a Vape. The guy inhales the vape/smoke, quickly wears the mask the then puffs it out. You can't do it with a cigarette and the vape is a tad safe.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DrIkB: 6:37am On Oct 02, 2017
The photography sense is just too great
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2017
taiocol:
what's your instagram handle

My IG: Lifeofwaley

DrIkB:
The photography sense is just too great
Thank you so much. Means a lot.

I'll upload more.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2017
drunkcow:
This got me laughing
Better safe than sorry cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 8:42am On Oct 02, 2017
SmooshCHN:

I'll upload more.
Follow back @elixir_pixels
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sneak peek from my last shoot.. Nothing fancy, just my Nikon D600 and an 85mm F/1.8..

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by DammyOlu123(m): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
She was everything real in a world of make believe.

This is one of the most ethereal pictures I've seen. It's quite astounding how you were able to achieve it. Simply breathtaking.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
DammyOlu123:

This is one of the most ethereal pictures I've seen. It's quite astounding how you were able to achieve it. Simply breathtaking.
Thank you Dammy smiley. I really appreciate.. I'll drop some more this week.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by OmichaelO: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:

I'll upload more.
I'm following you bumper to fender.

lovely pictures mate. Kudos!!
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:44am On Oct 06, 2017
OmichaelO:
I'm following you bumper to fender.

lovely pictures mate. Kudos!!
Thank you Man.. I appreciate smiley Upload something on IG na

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
Fairy Tales of Lights

Let me know what you think..

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Moments

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Fairy Tales of Lights

I prefer the second imagery. still life vision
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Fairy Tales of Lights

I prefer the second imagery. still life vision

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.