Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! (27771 Views)

Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) / See How Dangote Was Blessed After He Left His Plane Seat In The 19's / T.B Joshua 'Heals' A Blind Man As He Shouts "I Can See!I Can See"(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by bodyloveghetto(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Haba, nl don turn to church for testimony.... jus can't bliv me reading this.....

It is well
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by kushsy: 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Well..in d core north, we can never give enough..they are too many beggars and cos of their wickedness some of us don't give them anymore...I give who I know now..

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
So how did u get blessed nah??
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by ruphytelecom(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
I have read the story two times and still do not get it.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by SolexxBarry(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
A 6 year old girl tapped u on ur shoulders,u must either be extremely short or d story is fake undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by onatisi(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
I had a funny experience in esa oke years back. I was in a bus going to ibadan and the driver stopped to pick a passenger ,the passenger money remained 20 naira then and the driver refused to take her,I intervened and said I will pay the money,she entered the bus and just snubbed my love advances. Well,2 weeks again ,I was going to ibadan and this time I had no money and was battling serious malaria,I was shaking,dizzy and feeling feverish . At the exact spot where the lady was picked up 2 weeks earlier I found myself there looking for a bus to ibadan,a bus stopped and the money on me was 20naira short ,I pleaded with the driver that I was sick,he refused and as he drove off,he later reversed and said an old man in the bus says he will pay the 20naira difference. This happened exactly the same spot where i helped someone with the same amount just 2weeks earlier

Lessons:don't expect to be repaid back the kindness you offers to some people by the same people. The kindness you offer and render to ppl today is always kept to be repaid back to you in future .
Give and give as much as you can,give without stopping and you will be getting back in many folds bountifully. Always be on the lookout for people who genuinely need help and don't give just to massage ur ego in front of people

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by greatness22(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
adeekiti:
Wonderful, God is so great
Yea bro, just like my name.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by skyhighweb(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
DICKtator:
I don't understand

Your blessing turned the blind boy to a seeing girl who ran to you to thank you?

How "refiner" ,I mean refining is your story!!!

grin grin grin grin
i tire oh me i no understand wetin the story they talk self
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by oloriooko(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
The best part of giving is NOT what you receive as a result of your giving but the inexplicable joy and fulfilment you experience inside you. This feeling is not something you can explain cuz its personal

Good for you OP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
stonecoldcafe:

Okay and who was the little girl? I just confuse for your tori... So you gave beggar money and a little girls said "God bless you" ... Ehen and what happen next?

What should we do with this half info? Do you know how many people (from church go reach house) told me God bless you today?

my dear it looks strange,after giving d money to d boy,as I reached my house and was abt opening d gate,a little I girl I don't knw or met before ran to me and pulled on my dress....muttering God bless you to me.....is dat nt strange to u
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
SolexxBarry:
A 6 year old girl tapped u on ur shoulders,u must either be extremely short or d story is fake undecided

nt shoulders...pls read well,she touched me on my gown!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by onatisi(m): 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
skyhighweb:
i tire oh me i no understand wetin the story they talk self
ruphytelecom:
I have read the story two times and still do not get it.
BlazeyJ:
So how did u get blessed nah??
The blessing she got was the thank you. It is so fulfilling when you help someone who is in a hopeless terrible situation with no hope and you give them hope and put smiles on their faces. Maybe the thin boy and his sister had no hope of eating anything today because the brother is blind and the sister is too young,they may have lost hope but the op gave them something to eat and for that they were extremely grateful. This is more than a billion dollars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Princewell2012(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
emmyw:
This is awesome, some people might not understand how happy you are, I assure you that the goodness of the lord is upon you, God always bless those that are very kind to the less privileged, my dear, am so happy for you, I know how it feels when the lord bless someone because I have encounter it before. Keep it with open heart.

These exactly what christ is execting of us, and he will surely reward us greatly. Tithing is no longer relevants to christians today.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

my dear it looks strange,after giving d money to d boy,as I reached my house and was abt opening d gate,a little I girl I don't knw or met before ran to me and pulled on my dress....muttering God bless you to me.....is dat nt strange to u

Simply; the little girl was watching you from a distance, and was motivated by your kind gesture, hence she deemed it fit to thank you on behalf of the boy. How does that relate with how you were blessed by a beggar?

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by onatisi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

Simply; the little girl was watching you from a distance, and was motivated by your kind gesture, hence she deemed it fit to thank you on behalf of the boy. How does that relate with how you were blessed by a beggar?
if a little girl as young as 6years old can see the importance and value of what the op did ,how much more God?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

u won't understand dear,until u experience it!

Hw can a little girl I dnt knw all my life,run up to me and mutter such words on me,after aiding a blind begger!

if u still don't get it,den u must be pretending....nw I believe strongly dat dere is God!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by onatisi(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
To buttress the op story ,I saw this online sometime ago.

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study. The Pastor had spoken about "listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice."

The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?" After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message. Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways. It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray,"God, if you still speak to people, speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey."

As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought to stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply, so he started on toward home. But again, the thought came to him... buy a gallon of milk.

The young man thought about Samuel, and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli. "Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. So, he stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started toward home.

As he passed Seventh Street, he again felt the urge, "Turn down that street." This is crazy, he thought, and drove on past the intersection. Again, he felt that he should turn down Seventh Street. At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will".

He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in a semi-commercial area of town. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark, like people were already in bed.

Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat. "Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid."

Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk. Finally, he opened the door and said, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but, if they don't answer right away, I am out of here."

He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?"

Then the door opened before the young man could get away. The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem too happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep.

The man asked, "What is it?"

The young man thrust out the gallon of milk and said, "Here, I brought this to you," he said.

The man took the milk and rushed down a hallway speaking loudly in Spanish. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face.

The man began speaking and half crying, "We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk."

His wife in the kitchen yelled out,"I ask him to send an angel with some. Are you an Angel?"

The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put it in the man's hand. Then he turned and walked back toward his car and tears were streaming down his face. He knew then that God does still speak to people... and answer prayers.

THIS IS A TEST -

If you believe God is alive and well, you should send this inspirational story to people you care about. That is a true test of love and faith.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by refiner(f): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

Hw can a little girl I dnt knw all my life,run up to me and mutter such words on me,after aiding a blind begger!

she was nt watching me from a distance dear...I knw wat am talking abt,!

if u still don't get it,den u must be pretending....nw I believe strongly dat dere is God!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Princewell2012(m): 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

Hmmm, you may not understand what she was try to say, but we understand better. Btw.. You don't understant the kind of joy she received by what she did.

Her topic was how she was blessed, so are you saying she wasn't blessed today
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
onatisi:
if a little girl as young as 6years old can see the importance and value of what the op did ,how much more God?

What I can't understand is how the little girl's act directly relate to the blessing in her headline. The implication of using such a headline is tha if the little girl didn't go to touch her and mutter that ''thank you'', wouldn't she feel blessed by God? And children are more emotional than adults which could have called for that act.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Honestly1: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Your story get as e be abeg... . Because a young girl of about 6years ran to u and say sister god bless you, you come believe that one pass... And u said ure coming from church. So i didn't believe that God has blessed u already in church abi or i don't even understand u story sef... U gave a begger ur offering and ure even bold to say it... Who is bigger? ... The begger or God?

And if someone says God bless you it's not really a big deal okay... Mtchew. You cooked up this story abeg.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
greatness22:
Yea bro, just like my name.
wow that's good, may greatness always be our portion in all ijn
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by UEDIBO: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
I NEED JOB.
I READ HND ELECTRICAL PGD IN EDUCATION PGD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY M.Sc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN VIEW
PLEASE I NEED HELP. ANY LOCATION IS OK FOR ME.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
refiner:

There is a misunderstanding between you and me. There is no pretence here. The point is, there is no correlation between God's blessing for your kind gesture and a little gir's emotion. You did well, keep it up! But I'm utterly disappointed in you for saying ''You now believe in God because of that little girl's act.'' are you saying you wouldn't have believed in God if such didn't happen?
Let me educate you a little on how God works. Do good to people, because it is good to do good, not because of their emotion response such as ''thank you''. Look, what will if you, if you give alms to a beggar and he curses you? Will you stop giving alms? Will you stop believing in God? Don't take the little gir's action as the blessing from God. Tomorrow, you may get a totally opposite reaction when you give alms again. Will you now forsake God then? God's blessing is special and still on the way for you. Overlook the little girl's reaction and keep doing good for goodness sake!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Honestly1: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Your story get as e be abeg... . Because a young girl of about 6years ran to u and say sister god bless you, you come believe that one pass... And u said ure coming from church. So i didn't believe that God has blessed u already in church abi or i don't even understand u story sef... U gave a begger ur offering and ure even bold to say it... Who is bigger? ... The begger or God?

And if someone says God bless you it's not really a big deal okay... Mtchew. You cooked up this story abeg.

Kneel down let me pray for you.

Just like the girl in this picture, who was a bread seller last week but today she's on the front page of a newspaper, may you walk into the plan of God for your life this week. May ur legs carry you to where Your destiny helpers will locate you. Amen. Ok bye.

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Tycoflu(m): 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Yah givers never lack. While waiting for nysc and tired of searching for small job to keep myself busy, I gave my last 5k during launching. A family friend gave me a job of 20k few days later. I once donated 20k after Nysc, I got a contract job of more than 100k a month few days later. I worked a month before the contract was terminated but I know more blessings are on the way.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by greatness22(m): 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
adeekiti:
wow that's good, may greatness always be our portion in all ijn
Amen

1 Like

Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Honestly1:

You spoke my mind bro, except the cooking up part. She might have not cooked up the story. Her problem is that, she is considering the little girl's reaction as a big deal, taking that to be God's blessing. She has forgotten that God's blessing is different and that the little girl only acted out of puerile emotion. She even said she now believes in God, as if she never believed before, or she wouldn't have believed if the girl didn't do that. So if she gives a beggar tomorrow, and that one curses her, would she stop believing in God? This lady has very little understanding about spirituality!
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Come and pay ur tithe to me
greatness22:
Similar to what happened to me 2day... Wanted to climb a motorcycle when a young lady rushed towards me and ask me for money to eat, i have to give her my N500 offering and then trekked to church, on my way back, someone was shouting my name "Great, Great" i turned back to look who was calling, behold the person was a friend of mine who just returned from south africa, she appologise for not sending a birthday msg to me last month, to my suprise, she deep her hand inside her bag and brought out N3,000 and gave to me.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by emmyw(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Princewell2012:

These exactly what christ is execting of us, and he will surely reward us greatly. Tithing is no longer relevants to christians today.
Exactly Bro, happy sunday and have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
DICKtator:
I don't understand

Your blessing turned the blind boy to a seeing girl who ran to you to thank you?

How "refiner" ,I mean refining is your story!!!

grin grin grin grin
I tire o, naija n church things. Anyway giving to the sincerely needy is my ideal form giving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / “We Won’t Investigate Sex Allegations Against Apostle Suleman” – CAN / Things That Can Distract You During Church Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.