Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible (2347 Views)

Winners Chapel Preacher Beats Muslim Lady For Refusing To Accept Christ / Eighty Muslim Accept Christ As Their Savior And Get Baptized / ISIS Fighter Repents To Accept Christ After Allah Sent Him To Hell- SHOCKING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
I have heard muslims boast that they will convert to christianity if anyone can show from the bible that Jesus said He is God.

Please i want to see 5 muslims that will show their consent then i will start.

Note: Athiest/agnostic should not be part of this but ONLY muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Am still waiting for muslims who boasted that they will convert if one shows them from the bible where Jesus Christ claimed divinity!
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hia why are muslim so insecure...
hockey ....

Mustymatic....

etc

Please can you come here at least 5 muslims to start....this discussion on why YOU must worship Jesus Christ as Son of God....

You accept that He is Man... rightly so

You accept that He is Prophet... rightly so

But

You choose not to accept that He is Son of God... wrongly so

So come in and boast that you will convert and believe that Jesus is Son of God, if someone will show you... grin grin grin by simply stating it that

I will convert and believe that Jesus is Son of God if unphilaz will show me in the bible
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:
hockey ....

Mustymatic....

etc

Please can you come here at least 5 muslims to start....this discussion on why YOU must worship Jesus Christ as Son of God....

But

So come in and boast that you will convert and believe that Jesus is Son of God, if someone will show you... grin grin grin by simply stating it that

Whoa....u don't need to show me, you are a son of your father because he slept with your mother.
What kinda god would do that?
Even in ur bible he says he's son of man...why so? again
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 1:32am On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:
Am still waiting for muslims who boasted that they will convert if one shows them from the bible where Jesus Christ claimed divinity!
which of the bibles? and how sure are that's what Jesus really said...cos I'll point some contradictory verses too
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by habicab: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:
hockey ....

Mustymatic....

etc

But

You don't need to seek for people who boast, it's simply a matter of clearing doubts. If you really have genuine points, place them and you will automatically get the attention that you need. If not, you will just keep saying the same thing all over again.

1 Like

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by ValentineMary(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
Please forgive my disobedience but as much as I am an atheist, I would not like anyone to accept that Jesus had a divine nature considering that his nature was debated on until 300A.D which is about 267 years after his death. Bishops at the council of Nicea collectively decided Jesus nature without concrete proof of his divinity. Have this in mind if u are to accept that Jesus is in any way a God.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
ValentineMary:
[s]Please forgive my disobedience but as much as I am an atheist, I would not like anyone to accept that Jesus had a divine nature considering that his nature was debated on until 300A.D which is about 267 years after his death. Bishops at the council of Nicea collectively decided Jesus nature without concrete proof of his divinity. Have this in mind if u are to accept that Jesus is in any way a God.[/s]

Note: Athiest/agnostic should not be part of this but ONLY muslims.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by Lordgel: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
Please stop this debate. Repent and accept Jesus before it is too late. Rapture is imminent! www.devinerevelations.info
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
mustymatic:

Whoa....u don't need to show me, you are a son of your father because he slept with your mother.
What kinda god would do that?
Even in ur bible he says he's son of man...why so? again

habicab:

You don't need to seek for people who boast, it's simply a matter of clearing doubts. If you really have genuine points, place them and you will automatically get the attention that you need. If not, you will just keep saying the same thing all over again.

By this its fair to conclude that you guys are ready for the below and probably more will follow soon...

I will convert and believe that Jesus is Son of God if unphilaz will show me in the bible

Now, to put forth a standard which we will agree upon...

1. The Jesus Christ in the Scripture is same as the Isa in the koran...
2. You agree that the Scripture in circulation is the BOOK that the Koran spoke of and its same as when mohammed met christians... if you have any objection... please give us the BOOK refered in this Surah, if you have none, then it means the current Scripture is the Book.

And We sent not before you except men to whom We revealed [Our message]. So ask the people of the message if you do not know.

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.

Surah 16:43-45
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lordgel:
Please stop this debate. Repent and accept Jesus before it is too late. Rapture is imminent! www.devinerevelations.info

Hello its not a debate par se but an avenue to show that Jesus Christ is not just Man(Son of Man), Prophet but Son of God
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by ifenes(m): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Why can't christians accept Islam? What if you are all heading to the wrong heaven?

1 Like

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:

By this its fair to conclude that you guys are ready for the below and probably more will follow soon...

2. You agree that the Scripture in circulation is the BOOK that the Koran spoke of and its same as when mohammed met christians... if you have any objection... please give us the BOOK refered in this Surah, if you have none, then it means the current Scripture is the Book.

Where's your point?
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by truthmans2012: 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
ifenes:
Why can't christians accept Islam? What if you are all heading to the wrong heaven?

Allaah hates unbelievers and so they are not invited.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:

Hello its not a debate par se but an avenue to show that Jesus Christ is not just Man(Son of Man), Prophet but Son of God

You yourself believe hes son of man...Man can't be God
Even son of God is not God..
Man has his limits as a human..
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by truthmans2012: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:

Allah has lied to them that Jesus is not the Son of God. He said it is possible for Mary to have a son without a husband but not possible for himself to have a son without a wife. Unless islamic spirits (jinns) are cast cast out of their lives, they cannot believe Jesus is the Son of God.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by habicab: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
unphilaz:

To start with, The Noble Qur'an was referring to the true and unadulterated revelation given to Jesus Christ (Isa, Peace be upon him).

It is also important to note that the Noble Qur'an has only ONE version (That which is, has been and will always be exactly how it was revealed over 1400 years ago without any addition and subtraction there in) unlike the Bible which is known to have numerous versions.

I will like to ask, out of all the numerous versions of the bible, which one do you intend to use for this purpose and kindly give reasons why you will be using it as against other versions?

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by habicab: 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
truthmans2012:

Allah has lied to them that Jesus is not the Son of God. He said it is possible for Mary to have a son without a husband but not possible for himself to have a son without a wife. Unless islamic spirits (jinns) are cast cast out of their lives, they cannot believe Jesus is the Son of God.

Welcome Truthmans2012, you are here as usual... I'm sure you have a copy of the Qur'an...kindly read and digest the 112th chapter of the Qur'an for your information. That is simply the touchstone of theology.

Also from the several posts of yours that I have often come across, it's obvious that you are having a problem knowing the meaning of Allah. If that's true, you should try to humble yourself and ask those who have the knowledge before castigating mindlessly. You never can tell, you might be insulting the Father who has sent Jesus Christ of Nazareth without even perceiving it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by truthmans2012: 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
habicab:

Welcome Truthmans2012, you are here as usual... I'm sure you have a copy of the Qur'an...kindly read and digest the 112th chapter of the Qur'an for your information. That is simply the touchstone of theology.

Also from the several posts of yours that I have often come across, it's obvious that you are having a problem knowing the meaning of Allah. If that's true, you should try to humble yourself and ask those who have the knowledge before castigating mindlessly. You never can tell, you might be insulting the Father who has sent Jesus Christ of Nazareth without even perceiving it.

No, you missed it. Allah is not the Father of Jesus. Allahh is not a father, he does not beget neither is he begotten. That shows he is not the God of the Bible who has many children, including me. Since he is not the God of the Bible, from where did he emanate after thousands of years Yahweh had been God?
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by truthmans2012: 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
habicab:

No, you missed it. Allah is not the Father of Jesus. Allahh is not a father, he does not beget neither is he begotten. That shows he is not the God of the Bible who has many children, including me. Since he is not the God of the Bible, from where did he emanate after thousands of years Yahweh had been God? Allah is one of the 360 idols in Arabia, who used Muhammad to promote himself to the status of the true God. Muhammad must have realized that by now but lacks the opportunity to send a message to muslims. It is a pity.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by habicab: 8:35am On Feb 13, 2016
truthmans2012:

No, you missed it. Allah is not the Father of Jesus. Allahh is not a father, he does not beget neither is he begotten. That shows he is not the God of the Bible who has many children, including me. Since he is not the God of the Bible, from where did he emanate after thousands of years Yahweh had been God? Allah is one of the 360 idols in Arabia, who used Muhammad to promote himself to the status of the true God. Muhammad must have realized that by now but lacks the opportunity to send a message to muslims. It is a pity.

It's now very obvious that despite claiming to be a christian, you certainly don't understand the language of the bible you are holding. If you don't know, let me educate you a little...

The concept of Father and son in the bible doe's not refer to the father that begets son, it's simply that of a God and His obedient servant. If you look well in the bible, The Father(GOD) has sons by the tons there in. Maybe you have never come across the verse which says... "All those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God". I'm sure you know the reference, so I don't need to tell you that. But if you need that I can as well provide it for you.

Seek for the truth and it shall set you free.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by promise10: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

It's now very obvious that despite claiming to be a christian, you certainly don't understand the language of the bible you are holding. If you don't know, let me educate you a little...

The concept of Father and son in the bible doe's not refer to the father that begets son, it's simply that of a God and His obedient servant. If you look well in the bible, The Father(GOD) has sons by the tons there in. Maybe you have never come across the verse which says... "All those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God". I'm sure you know the reference, so I don't need to tell you that. But if you need that I can as well provide it for you.

Man, you think you are right.

U failed it a big time man.

You are wrong
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by promise10: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

You are wrong

Son(jesus) means the incarnate man of God, the spirit/word of God, the word made flesh.

John 1:1 in the beginning, was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by habicab: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2016
promise10:

You are wrong

Son(jesus) means the incarnate man of God, the spirit/word of God, the word made flesh.

John 1:1 in the beginning, was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.

I'm not referring to Jesus alone here because you previously stated that you are a son of God too. And as I have further pointed out, God has sons by the tons in the bible.

So now, you are limiting the scope of 'son of God' to Jesus alone. It's either you are telling me that the bible is full of confusion or you just decide to stick to the part you want and discard the other which you don't want.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
6. The First Commandment is that God is One The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier: "Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad." This is a Hebrew quotation, which means: "Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord." [The Bible, Mark 12:29] It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God. Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God. NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version. III) Concept of God in Old Testament: 1. God is One The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh): "Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad". It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4] 2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah: (i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." [The Bible, Isaiah 43:11] (ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me." [The Bible, Isaiah 45:5] (iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

1 Like

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by nasiayam: 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
mustymatic:
6. The First Commandment is that God is One
The Bible does not support the Christian belief in
trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus
(pbuh) as to which was the first commandment
of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated
what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."
This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]
It is striking that the basic teachings of the
Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement
find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various
verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual
mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to
Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh)
rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to
him, and explained his miracles as the power of
the One True God.
Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of
monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets
of Almighty God.
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from
the King James Version.
III) Concept of God in Old Testament:
1. God is One
The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy
contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah
The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:
(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is
no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no
God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]
(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God,
and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

+1 amazing post
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

To start with, The Noble Qur'an was referring to the true and unadulterated revelation given to Jesus Christ (Isa, Peace be upon him).

It is also important to note that the Noble Qur'an has only ONE version (That which is, has been and will always be exactly how it was revealed over 1400 years ago without any addition and subtraction there in) unlike the Bible which is known to have numerous versions.

I will like to ask, out of all the numerous versions of the bible, which one do you intend to use for this purpose and kindly give reasons why you will be using it as against other versions?

Thanks.

Aight, noted the bolded, now throwing the ball into your court, where can i find this revelation which the koran is pointing US to... can you present it up for us to use as yardstick to present Jesus Christ as Son of God! Waiting!!!

And We sent not before you except men to whom We revealed [Our message]. So ask the people of the message if you do not know.

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.

The italics is for another thread which i will explore further.

Since you did not address this you are in perfect agreement. However, we cannot continue until you present the revelation to Jesus Christ which we would use for this discussion.
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by mustymatic(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
unphilaz:

Aight, noted the bolded, now throwing the ball into your court, where can i find this revelation which the koran is pointing US to... can you present it up for us to use as yardstick to present Jesus Christ as Son of God! Waiting!!!

The italics is for another thread which i will explore further.

Since you did not address this you are in perfect agreement. However, we cannot continue until you present the revelation to Jesus Christ which we would use for this discussion.
Brother, for the bible to have numerous versions only goes to show how unreliable it is...even amongst you Christians. Corrupted
Peace!
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
habicab:

The concept of Father and son in the bible [b]doe's not refer to the father that begets son, it's simply that of a God and His obedient servant. If you look well in the bible, The Father(GOD) has sons by the tons there in. Maybe you have never come across the verse which says... "All those who are led by the spirit of God are sons of God". I'm sure you know the reference, so I don't need to tell you that. But if you need that I can as well provide it for you.
[/b]

Hahaha.. please on one post, you refuse to accept the bible as the book referred to as sent to people in surah 16:43-45, however in your bid to show how father/son relationship (muslim mind) is a master/slave relationship, you made reference to the same bible... so what will you say now... are you by this accepting that the bible - is the book sent by allah in this verse

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
mustymatic:
6. The First Commandment is that God is One
The Bible does not support the Christian belief in
trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus
(pbuh) as to which was the first commandment
of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated
what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."
This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:
"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]
It is striking that the basic teachings of the
Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement
find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various
verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual
mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to
Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh)
rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to
him, and explained his miracles as the power of
the One True God.
Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of
monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets
of Almighty God.
NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from
the King James Version.
III) Concept of God in Old Testament:
1. God is One
The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy
contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):
"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah
The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:
(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is
no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no
God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]
(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God,
and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

Clap for yourself...for quoting from the bible, the book which you are fighting so hard to reject, infact hacbib stated that its not the revelation of God to Jesus Christ... so are you accepting the two conditions above?

Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
nasiayam:

+1 amazing post

What he quoted is in the bible but does he accept the condition i put up as yardstick to base the discussion on. And by the way, you are welcome and your post shows that

!
Re: Why Muslim Should accept Christ Is Divine from the bible by unphilaz(m): 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
mustymatic:

Brother, for the bible to have numerous versions only goes to show how unreliable it is...even amongst you Christians. Corrupted
Peace!

Thanks that is your opinion... but this is not a thread to defend the corruption of the book or not but to Know that you need to believe that Jesus Christ is not just Man, nor just a prophet but The Son of God... so that

Do you accept this condition for the discussion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Bushiri’s Claims Wife Impregnated By Holy Spirit / About Pastor Biodun; My Thoughts / Buddha Is An Atheist And So Are Buddhists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.