Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup (799 Views)

"How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" / Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / We Must Preach The Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup by GoodMuyis(m): 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
INTRODUCTION
Matt 28:19 (KJV)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mark 16:15 (KJV)
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Luke 24:47-48 (KJV)
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.
----
There is something SPECIAL in the Synoptic Gospels [i.e. Matthew, Mark and Luke], that all Christian must take note of and very important, that is the Gospel Message he has sent us to preach. If one study the Bible well, it will be notice that there are some event of things that may missing in any of the account of these three Gospel Books, meaning Matthew and Mark may have certain account and Luke will not have it, and vice-versa. [Almost all of Mark's content is found in Matthew, and much of Mark is similarly found in Luke. Additionally, Matthew and Luke have a large amount of material in common that is not found in Mark- Quote From Wikipeida].
But there is very important message that is pressent and homogenous in all the Three Gospel; the message to Go and preach Jesus to the World, it was not missed by the three Author of the Gospel Books, this mean an important message to every Christian that must be taken serious YES GO AND PREACH JESUS to the world.
For further emphasis on this issue, We Notice that the Message to go into the world came at the last chapter of each book of the Synoptic Gospels, this means that Christ must have bear this as burden in his heart throughout His earthly ministry. After His resurection he was nowhere to be found, BUT he actually went to heaven. But to make sure that we get this important message, he came back to earth to instruct us to go and preach.
The question is Have you preach to anyone this year?
The Gospel of Christ is the only saving hope for sinner, when it reaches him, it brings a complete change to his life's situation. Every Christian should therefore, as a matter of urgency reach out to other to rescue them from perishing.
As you go to preach make sure you "TALK TO GOD ABOUT PEOPLE BEFORE YOU TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT GOD"
II Cor 5:11 (KJV)
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord we persuade men...
Please Share this with Christian Community, Thanks

[url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=475284155995266&substory_index=0&id=156899241167094&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.475284155995266%3Atl_objid.475284155995266%3Athid.156899241167094%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1456819199%3A-2074247758597496863&__tn__=*s]Source[/url]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup by plappville(f): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice one. Jesus sent his disciples to Go and spread his word to others. I think they did thats why we all can know about Christ today. But it seems today's so called pastors no longer go out except few.

They stay in one place, either tv or internet preaching. Many people have no access to these modern means they are using.

These MOG have all the means to go to smaller villages to spread the word but they wont go there. its monkey by gange thing. Big pastor use jet to go to big places while the small pastors stay in towns. Preaching to people who already have Christ in thier Life.

Who now goes to those Yoruba villages where many still serve OGu,oloku etcetera . Not only the Yorubas oo. Its all tribe in Nigeria. I just use Yoruba as an example. No offence.
Re: Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup by analice107: 1:53am On Feb 08, 2016
plappville:
Nice one. Jesus sent his disciples to Go and spread his word to others. I think they did thats why we all can know about Christ today. But it seems today's so called pastors no longer go out except few.

They stay in one place, either tv or internet preaching. Many people have no access to these modern means they are using.

These MOG have all the means to go to smaller villages to spread the word but they wont go there. its monkey by gange thing. Big pastor use jet to go to big places while the small pastors stay in towns. Preaching to people who already have Christ in thier Life.

Who now goes to those Yoruba villages where many still serve OGu,oloku etcetera . Not only the Yorubas oo. Its all tribe in Nigeria. I just use Yoruba as an example. No offence.
Hello sis. It worries when we Christians who shd know better join the ignorant to say these things. The gospel is not given to only pastors to preach. It's given to all of us. When Jesus said Go Ye, he didn't specify who and who shd go. If they are not preaching, are you?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup by plappville(f): 4:21am On Feb 09, 2016
analice107:

Hello sis. It worries when we Christians who shd know better join the ignorant to say these things. The gospel is not given to only pastors to preach. It's given to all of us. When Jesus said Go Ye, he didn't specify who and who shd go. If they are not preaching, are you?

Hello, how does this sounds ignorant? Yes it is given to all. But Jesus didnt specifically ordain any woman to do so, did he? Please show me am ready to learn.
Now let me ask you some bitter questions. Who are the tithe collectors today? Was there a woman among the 12 Apostles ?
Jesus was talking to his Apostles, he gave them this job and it was because of them we were able to receive the gospel.

Some of the Apostles were killed because they were doing the work Jesus ordained them to do. Tell me, how many women died in the bible preaching Christ?
Didnt the Apostle Paul says a woman should keep silent and ask her husband? A woman can help in the work of God but as a woman, i can tell you that its not possible to combine preaching and your role as a wife and mother. Most of my free time is late in the night when my kids are sleeping. Tell me do i go out and peach to who at night?

Even a man to be full time church worker (pastor) it will be difficult for him to do other job. Here in the West, A pastor cannot be in the church more than 2x in a week because he is working. How then can he truelly spread the word like the Apostles did?

Sure, i do spread the word of God in a way because as a woman we have alot of family responsibilities. This doesnt mean we are not to talk about God to others but i think if you must respect the principles of the scripture. A woman is not supposed to do the Pastor job. It takes full time to study the word of God and spreading it each passing day.

You cant do this coupled with your statue as a wife/mother Except of course you employ someone to come and be taking care of your family.
Which i think it wont please God. God made a woman to bring up her kids. Thats one of the job placed for a woman by the almighty God. Disobeying it is to disobey God.

Mark 16:14 -15

Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. 15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Specifically ordained his Apostles.
Re: Why You Must Preach - A Challenging Writup by analice107: 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
plappville:

Hello, how does this sounds ignorant? Yes it is given to all. But Jesus didnt specifically ordain any woman to do so, did he? Please show me am ready to learn.
Now let me ask you some bitter questions. Who are the tithe collectors today? Was there a woman among the 12 Apostles ?
Jesus was talking to his Apostles, he gave them this job and it was because of them we were able to receive the gospel.

Some of the Apostles were killed because they were doing the work Jesus ordained them to do. Tell me, how many women died in the bible preaching Christ?
Didnt the Apostle Paul says a woman should keep silent and ask her husband? A woman can help in the work of God but as a woman, i can tell you that its not possible to combine preaching and your role as a wife and mother. Most of my free time is late in the night when my kids are sleeping. Tell me do i go out and peach to who at night?

Even a man to be full time church worker (pastor) it will be difficult for him to do other job. Here in the West, A pastor cannot be in the church more than 2x in a week because he is working. How then can he truelly spread the word like the Apostles did?

Sure, i do spread the word of God in a way because as a woman we have alot of family responsibilities. This doesnt mean we are not to talk about God to others but i think if you must respect the principles of the scripture. A woman is not supposed to do the Pastor job. It takes full time to study the word of God and spreading it each passing day.

You cant do this coupled with your statue as a wife/mother Except of course you employ someone to come and be taking care of your family.
Which i think it wont please God. God made a woman to bring up her kids. Thats one of the job placed for a woman by the almighty God. Disobeying it is to disobey God.

Mark 16:14 -15

Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. 15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Specifically ordained his Apostles.

Joel 2: 28-29. And it shall come to pass afterwards, that I will pour out my spirit upon ALL FLESH; and your sons and daughters shall prophecy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
29. And also upon the servant and upon the handmaid (women) in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Acts 2:8. But ye shall recieve POWER after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses u to me...

Prophecy fulfilled.

Acts 2:16-18
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days saith the Lord, I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your DAUGHTERS shall prophecy...
Hello Ma. I hope you remember that prophecy is a gift which should function under a ministry? If God wants woman to just be observers, why give them that very special gift?
My dear, as you read through the scriptures and come across women whom God used, what goes through your mind?

Sis. Jesus may have chosen all males as his Apostles, but many women were his disciples.
While they waited in the upper room for the Holy Spirit, women waited along side men.
When the Holy Spirit came, He came on both males and females. Although the Bible is not vocal as to what role the women played, but they played very significant roles in the propagation of the gospel. It was in a woman's house they gathered to pray when Peter was put in prison to be killed.
Lydia was a woman. Docas was a woman. Aquila was a woman. And many others.
When Christians were persecuted and burnt by Kings, Emperors, and Pope's, their women were not spared because they were women. All died alongside.
Maybe you shd take time and study why Apostle Paul, instructed women in Corinth to cease from disrupting church services, but ask their husband's what ever they needed to know at home. Paul wasn't addressing the entire body of Christ, he was specifically instructing the corinthian's church. In that region at that time, goddess Diana was Principal. And because their god was maternal, women lot it over most men. When Christianity go there also, and liberty was also propagated, they thought they found more leverage against their men, so they brought their sturbornnes, contention and high handedness into the church. To maintain order, Paul gave that instruction.

Yes women are saddled with so great responsibilities of keeping the home and caring for the men, but women also have destinies to fulfil. Except you are saying that women are just here to help men fulfil their own destinies. For this I say no. Everyone one of us was brought here for a reason. There's an assignment for everyone of us to fulfil Here on earth. Sis, you were not primarily brought into this world to get married and raise children. NO. You were primarily brought here to serve God in a capacity, Him alone has ordained for you to function.
You have a destiny to fulfil,. you are either going to ask Him what it is, or you just seat at home and raise those kids. No offence.
I am a woman yes. I have a duty to care for my family, yes. But I also was given a talent to multiply. When I meet the master, am sure He won't ask me how many children I was able to give birth to. But, what did you do with the talent you were given, will certainly be wat He will ask me. You know why? Over there, my children won't count.

One thing I have found out is. Everything I do as a christian is to my own benefit. Name it.
If I give, I shall recieve.
If I forgive, my own sins will be forgiven.
If I love, I will attract love.
If I pray for you, my own problems will be solved.
If am peaceful, I will enjoy my environment.
Whatever I sow, that's what I will reap.
What is there for Christ to gain?
But I discovered ONLY ONE thing that I can actually for Christ. Even then, I still gain. And that is WINNING SOULS. He died for souls. They belong to Him. When you give him that, you have given him all.

I preach the gospel. I go out for evangelism.
Last week, in the evangelism field, I met a Native Doctor, right in his shrine. When he told me he was a Notive Doctor, like others had done in the past, he expected me to turn and run away. But I stood my grounds. I sat on a broken block outside of his hut, and two hours under the hot sun, I opened the scriptures to show him who he is and the lies Satan has been telling him.
At last, he broke down and I let him to christ, right in front of his shrine. I went back there with a pastor. The pastor did what I couldn't do. Right in our presence he removed his ring and his mysterious pendant and destroyed them. He went to Church on Sunday. Yesterday, I took him food stuff. Today he went for Bible studies. We are making arrangements to relocate him from that area.
When I went to visit yesterday, he was so excited to tell me how he has told everyone to stop calling him Babalawo, because that's what everyone calls him. Nobody even knows his name. Now if u call him Babalawo, he will tell you that was in the past. From now henceforth call me by my name, because am a child of God now.
Men have been going to evangelize him, according to him, but when it gets to when he introduces himself, they run away. No one had the guts to stand and preach the gospel to that lost soul. because am a woman, and because I was not afraid of him being a Native doctor, is what spark up his curiosity more, it wasn't even the gospel, but my courage that made him gave me audience.
Praise God. For the first time in his life, he went to church. On Sunday, he was taken to Church. Today, he went for Bible studies himself.
And am a woman. So you are now saying that Christ won't save that soul because it's a woman who ministered to him?
Exactly why did Christ give the Holy Spirit to women?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/04/16 / Large Ebook Catalogue That Would Change Your Life / Please Who Killed Biafra And Where Is She Buried?- IPOB Replies Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.