Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" (36830 Views)

Difference Between HND And Bsc- Wole Soyinka / HND And BSC Graduates Wanted In A Microfinance Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by uncjay(m): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2016
ganja06:
You people don't complain when OND and HND are only needed but will come online and rant when it does not favour you. I know some positions that are strictly for HND. That's their own elemination method you can blame gej if you have not done so today.

You seems to be high on some kai kai this morning.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by ayokenny37(m): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2016
Its not because u have BSc you have a job

Its God's Grace

I have HND with a nice paying job. I was the only HND holder amongst all the applicants then, i got the job.

Advice: all HND holders, got get professional certifications to boost your change of job placement.
Above all God's grace and mercy is the ultimate

Copee:
When I see people saying they are going to the polytechnic, I cant just help but pity them. The discrimination in the labour market id massive. I finished ND and still wrote Jamb. Then I got admission to start 100L at University of Benin. My friends at the polytechnic were laughing at me saying that was backwardness. To cut the long story short, I have a very good job today and most of them are still at home and the few ones working are teachers. Sorry bro and I think the Government needs to do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Adeshizzy: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

[size=16pt]
HND & OND.. = BSc. equivalent for the Educationally challenged.[/size]

cool

I just want to make common sense..
mad cow

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Copee: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2016
I am not saying HND is bad. The grade you graduate with also matters. And to be sincere studying in the polytechnic is more difficult than the university.
moscobabs:

But I graduated from polytechnic and 7 of my frnds who are BSC holders with good grades are at home.

Anything to say about that?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by MadCow1: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Adeshizzy:

mad cow

May I help you?
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Copee: 10:42am On Feb 08, 2016
True . I worked with an org that does not accept HND but accepted only one because as soon as the guy graduated, he did ICAN.
ayokenny37:
Its not because u have BSc you have a job

Its God's Grace

I have HND with a nice paying job. I was the only HND holder amongst all the applicants then, i got the job.

Advice: all HND holders, got get professional certifications to boost your change of job placement.
Above all God's grace and mercy is the ultimate

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by esejessy(f): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2016
obajoey:
dont mind the hr guy, dont know why they do fear the HND graduates oo, they knew you going to outshine them and others.
story for the gods cheesy
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Excellentmind: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
[size=20pt]The one big question has always been "Did they force you to go for a HND programme?"[/size]

When others wrote JAMB and passed it, why did you not write/ fail/ meet the cutoff? Since you can always go back to school, or convert your HND to a degree, I don't see the need for your ranting grin

#bittertruth

Just one word for you ' A JEJUNE' is your reward.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by oc2fish: 10:44am On Feb 08, 2016
Coldfeets:
You guys are really passing thru hell in Nigeria.

Here in Malaysia, what matters first is what you have in your head and not your certificate.

Hmmmm. Malaysia do not consider HND as a certificate but a step in getting admission into university. With Diploma one will earn exemption.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by airsaylongcon: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2016
scobaba:

... i was actually taught cash tellering...

Please what is "cash tellering"?
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Walelavender(m): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
[size=20pt]The one big question has always been "Did they force you to go for a HND programme?"[/size]

When others wrote JAMB and passed it, why did you not write/ fail/ meet the cutoff? Since you can always go back to school, or convert your HND to a degree, I don't see the need for your ranting grin

#bittertruth
That's so harsh. If you don't have comforting words you had better not deflate her morale.
Must everyone go to the University? If you have the statistics of prospective and qualified students who passed UTME and turned down by varsities for lack of space you won't be saying this. I blame the government for lack of implementation of viable educational policies.

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by viktor01(m): 10:49am On Feb 08, 2016
coolh3ad:

And what is this one saying?...so you don't write jamb to gain admission into a polytechnic?.. Who Bsc don help sef??..Everybody dey house dey find job..

That was a very interesting question you just asked the kid.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by esejessy(f): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2016
And what are you to your parents? It's obvious ure one of these dumb ass niggard dat argue blindly when u Philadelphia just nailed it..... Gerarahere mehn
ayokenny37:
You are just a waste to your parents

quote author=Philadelphia post=42719531] [size=20pt]The one big question has always been "Did they force you to go for a HND programme?"[/size]

#bittertruth

2 Likes

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by don4real18(m): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Ephemmm: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

#bittertruth

Bill gate never went to a University, but now he is the world richest man. Albert Estein went to Polytechnic Of Munich, but he later lectured at HAVARD. Charles Lecobucier went to a Polytechnic, but today he is the most greatest ARCHITECT of all time. Nikolas tesla began his career at a polytechnic, but he later a drop out of school, but today he is on of the greatest ENGINEER OF ALL TIME. Also, most tertiary institution in Europe and Asia are all Technical not theoritical orienteted e.g Technical Univesity Of Munich,MADRID,Polytechnic University Of Instanbul,China e.t.c......also most of the best research institution in the world e.g Havard,Stanford Univesity,MIT,CALIFONIA INSTITUTE OF TECH e.t.c are all based on european polytechic model,that is why you see a secondary school graduate in china,europe building and making technological device,and a Nigerian Elect/elect University Graduate will not be able to assemble a simple electric CIRCUIT.

Oyedepo is an OND holder
Sam Adeyemi is an HND holder
Ogun State governor is an HND holder
Oyo State governor is an HND holder
Bill Gate dropped out of school
Nice withdrew from UNILAG while in 200level

I knew some Universities satellite campuses which offer admission to students based on 5 credits in NECO back in the year 2008/2009 without writing JAMB at the initial stage. University of Ibadan: Ilesha Campus, University of Uyo Satellite Campuses, OAU, Adeyemi College of Education campus etc were perfect example as at then: why the fuss?

My brother who is an English Lecturer in one of Nigerian Universities did not have Credit in English Language up till date and he did not hide it from us: he obtained preliminary form and he was given English Language as a course of study latter.

Don't be surprised, some Polytechnic students have better qualifications and professional wherewithal than you: how people like you reason despite being the product of self-acclaimed University is surprising:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by stonecoldcafe: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Otsealu1:
Imagine, I was invited for an interview. In a place i dropped my CV while the organisation was still under construction. On friday i got a text from them inviting me for an interview and the instruction was that you come with two passport and nothing more. But on getting there the HR started asking for CV's and original certificates which he succeded in using to chase most people away and then he came up with the big one "If you are an HND holder please leave" and this was the same organisation that invited me, i didnt apply o, na CV I drop. My question is what crime has HND holders committed?

Why didn't you write and pass JAMB? Keep learning your bead work please. Focus more on necklace, ear ring and hand chain. Leave tote bags (aint fashionable) alone. God bless

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Chukazu: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
Nigerian Airforce is recruiting for ND and not Degree. Would you shout that Bachelor Degree holders are marginalised? If you do not complain about this, then you are biased.

ND is supposed to be the minimum requirement,so it is not the same scenario.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by somez(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2016
Barrister baboon i guess
horladmejy:
whose is this? undecided
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Alexgeorgebsg(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
Nigerian Airforce is recruiting for ND and not Degree. Would you shout that Bachelor Degree holders are marginalised? If you do not complain about this, then you are biased.
Who told you that Nigerian Airforce does not recruit with B.S.c ? ND is for recruit level while B.S.c and HND are for commissioned officers also applicable in the NAVY

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
What is the name of the company
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Alexgeorgebsg(m): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
NDA issues BS.c to its cadets after graduation while NAITES issues HND to its cadets after graduation so it is not a big deal. Both certificate are supposed to be recognised with the same value.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Fongido(m): 11:10am On Feb 08, 2016
if you want to convert your HND to degree how many years are you going to spend secondly do they accept Lower credit and upper credit
smsshola:

My candid advice to you is if its possible u change ur statues cos the policy will not change the only thing that can change is u..this is the same advice I got back then I obtained my HND back then but unfortunately I work with an organization who don't recognized the cert banking sector for ur info but my dear when I got advice I went back for my bsc and today I av finished the bsc wt 2.1 currently doing my MSc and glory be to God i got my promotion wt the bank.

Moral of the lesson is nothing will change except you my dear if u remain complaining about this believe me the policy will not change. HND and bsc syndrome in naija may not change now cos the issue has been there before now and it will be there for long.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2016
I
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Otsealu1(f): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
Neroski:

I can guess this happened in asaba right?

Yes
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2016
Otsealu1:
Imagine, I was invited for an interview. In a place i dropped my CV while the organisation was still under construction. On friday i got a text from them inviting me for an interview and the instruction was that you come with two passport and nothing more. But on getting there the HR started asking for CV's and original certificates which he succeded in using to chase most people away and then he came up with the big one "If you are an HND holder please leave" and this was the same organisation that invited me, i didnt apply o, na CV I drop. My question is what crime has HND holders committed?

The only crime you & others committed,was attending a polytechnic,instead of a university grin
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by adejaresalami1(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Am an HND graduate and I have never for once regret having that cert.....op you need to keep calm and probably go for professional development.

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Funkybabee(f): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2016
don't mind that yeye person whey dey call himself HR, let me tell u something fact u will see ur own work with a good pay when ur time come don't let any yeye person to discriminate ur qualification because u can defend urself .some company if they want to employ person they will ask for their low certificate to start the problem that some bsc holder have now is because of their level some company will say they can't employ a person due to her high certificate and some will say they want bsc let me tell u such is life the thing I normally say to people is that if even u have ssce result and u can defend urself there is not how difficult for u one day u are going to get a better job keep searching may God will grant u ur bless job

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by vipez(f): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

#bittertruth

Yore dumb mahn!
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by DJBIGGY(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2016
Amory:
[b][/b]
Speak for yourself...you nor sabi shii

Last time i checked i never mentioned your name so who in God's name are u to say i no sabi shii? stay in your lane abeg
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 08, 2016
chigoizie7:

Then, polytechnics should be scrapped in the 1st place, what the point of after getting an HND, u den move to degree, it makes no sense.

I understand your point though, but it still make no sense. If all HND holders should go for degree then, HND should be scrapped.

What we need is the Govt to make their policy straight and clear. One man course is everyone's course. There is no blaming OP on this. If poly's were not made available,no one will attend it.

you nailed it bro. ONE grate of orijin for u.

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by DJBIGGY(m): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Amory:
[b][/b]
Speak for yourself...you nor sabi shii

Last time i checked i never mentioned your name so who in God's name are u to say i no sabi shii? stay in your lane abeg, except if guilty conscience pricked your psyche wink
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2016
When God says YES to my result be it SSCE, OND, HND, BSC....NO company dare says No.....
That's what my God can do.... Nothing can limit me jor... tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Someone Should Interpret (Pics Attached). / FRSC Applicant Collapses & Dies During Screening In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.