Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" (36850 Views)

Difference Between HND And Bsc- Wole Soyinka / HND And BSC Graduates Wanted In A Microfinance Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Walelavender:

That's so harsh. If you don't have comforting words you had better not deflate her morale.
Must everyone go to the University? If you have the statistics of prospective and qualified students who passed UTME and turned down by varsities for lack of space you won't be saying this. I blame the government for lack of implementation of viable educational policies.

I didn't know how else to convey my message. I guess that was the best way.
Truth they say is always bitter. I guess that's just a bitter pill all HND graduates must swallow.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
Excellentmind:

Just one word for you ' A JEJUNE' is your reward.

I guess you just came across that word. FYI, it makes no sense in the sentence you just used it for.

I'm sure you're just another HND graduate.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
frankblinkz:
May the thunder of The HOLY GHOST/Amadioha blast ya stweepid mouth dia u iiddiiiaaat...u jst a foool,so becuz she's an HND Holder so she wont get a job..u jst dat Nigerian dat cant make diz country mv forward...am a Bsc Holder but diz dichotomy is rili getting out of hand..are u employing d cert..or dia brianz nd wat they hv to offer. 1st class can b bought rmbr?

Another frustrated HND graduate tongue
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
jeje123:
So HND holder did not write jamb b4 getting admitted or what are u insinuating?

I gave three instances and you saw only one. You must be a HND holder not to have seen the remaining two
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
frankblinkz:
May the thunder of the Holyghost/ Amadioha blast u and ur generation, so becuz she's and HND holder she shuldnt get a job abi...stweeepid idiiaat..yes am a Bsc holder, dos that warrant my fellow nigerian not to get a job...U passed through runs dey talk thrash hia..go get urself a life...

Holyghost/ Amadioha? shocked Just another confused HND holder. undecided
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
coolh3ad:

And what is this one saying?...so you don't write jamb to gain admission into a polytechnic?.. Who Bsc don help sef??..Everybody dey house dey find job..

I gave 3 instances and you saw only 1. You are just another HND holder.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Very childish comment.
Bitter truth.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
somez:
You are i BIG BUFFON. How r we sure you even have an ssce.

It is obvious that I have a masters degree because I easily detected your grammatical blunders. But I'm sure you're preparing for your WASSCE. Keep depending on yellow paper. It would fail you the 8th time.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
block head like u

I'm sure you cannot explain what you just typed.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
jmoore:

Hogwash!!!

Jmoore= HND holder. wink
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
bollyfolly:

I can see your level of childishness from your comment.

The truth is a bitter pill I know but you just have only one option; swallow it because it must be swallowed. grin
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
advanceDNA:
Seriously...I dnt see discrimination here....last time checked..
OND= ordinary national diploma
HND=higher national diploma

Is there a need to stress this again It's called a Diploma!!!!!!!!!!! There's no country where diploma nd university degree is seen as the same or carry same weight. There was never a time where the any education body or the federal government made a diploma nd university thesame... a company that wants a degree holder for a particular job position isn't discriminating...do u know how may times I've tried applying for a job in ExxonMobil mobil nd they say they want only HND, same for BAT...nd there are times they want BSc....just deal with it...every job post has its specification...

You are so right my dear. Leave them (HND holders) to keep ranting instead of looking for a way forward.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by GboyegaD(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

It's obvious you didn't read her whole story. Another evidence that you are a HND holder wink

Perhaps you do not understand the story will enough. She asking about the crime of HND holders stems from being invited to the interview only to be embarrassed.

That said, I am a proud HND holder however, it doesn't make me any less than holders of other degrees.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by tosyne2much(m): 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
In much as I wouldn't deny the fact that these two certifications are for different purposes. Nigeria is a country where certification is more worshipped than the holder himself/herself

Let's assume after cooking beans at night, you proceeded to buy bread and all shops seemed to have closed, and the only option left for you is opt for garri.
Does that necessarily mean you are poor and can't afford bread? Please when arguing, always try to think logically and justify yourself with reasonably points.

The truth of the matter is that, the fact that you were fortunate to attend a university does not put you in a position to demean other people. Life is dynamic, not even BSC will guarantee you a fulfilling and exotic life. Mind you, all fingers are not equal, everyone can't be destined to go to the polytechnic, the same way everyone cannot live in luxury

Lemme use myself as an example, I never intended to attend a polytechnic initially but circumstances prevented me despite all effort to have met the requirements. I later opted for polytechnic since age was no longer on my side. Does that put you in a position to say that I'm inferior or a dullard? I guess what we should be concerned about is that, as a BSC holder, can you sweep me off my feet and prove to me that you are academically better I am ?

Please note that not every student who opted for polytechnic didn't meet the requirements for university, and not every student in the university actually met the requirements. However, it's paramount to know that both polytechnics and universities produce half/full-baked graduates, so stop dwelling in the belief that only polytechnics produce half-baked graduates

When an argumentative scene like this occurs, every Tom, Dick and Harry who were fortunate to find themselves in the universities and thereby managed to graduate with grades they aren't even proud of, they will be the ones that will be arrogantly using vulgar and aggravating words to discriminate against others.

When you manage to find your way to the top, always try to respect other people for their inability to measure up to you. Life is not a bed of roses. You may unfortunately fall today and those you have demean may be fortunate to be above you tomorrow

To each his own opinion cool

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by danemenike: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
DJBIGGY:
Thing most of these companies do not realize is that they need more of HND than BSc holder... BSc holder here yab me i no send you. My reason is because based on the purpose of establishing polytechnics, they are the ones required to do the work while BSc holders are more or less their supervisors. Even at that, there are HND holders who are good at the supervisor work cos some BSc holders just has the title for fashion cos they no sabi shii.

These companies should learn not to underestimate the worth of some people cos at the end of the day, they need people to deliver the job required and not mare title.

And yes i am a graduate of BSc and i write this! lipsrsealed

The company wasn't looking for workers, the were looking for supervisors.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by DJBIGGY(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
danemenike:

The company wasn't looking for workers, the were looking for supervisors.

By the time the company is full of supervisors, who will now do the work and what will they be supervising embarassed
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Ranchhoddas: 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
[size=20pt]The one big question has always been "Did they force you to go for a HND programme?"[/size]

When others wrote JAMB and passed it, why did you not write/ fail/ meet the cutoff? Since you can always go back to school, or convert your HND to a degree, I don't see the need for your ranting grin

#bittertruth
You are a fool.

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by tosyne2much(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:
[size=20pt]The one big question has always been "Did they force you to go for a HND programme?"[/size]

When others wrote JAMB and passed it, why did you not write/ fail/ meet the cutoff? Since you can always go back to school, or convert your HND to a degree, I don't see the need for your ranting grin

#bittertruth
Your comment reeks of childishness despite your so called BSC

Despite your degree (that's even if you have one) you can't even construct proper English yet you come here to say ru.bbish

By the way people comment on nairaland, you can easily predict that they are jobless because barely would you see a person making cool cash utter such a myopic and re.tarded comment

2 Likes

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by esoboy875(m): 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Who God wan to bless, He wil bless weda u ar an HND or Bsc holder. Nw am doin my pgd program by His grace after graduating fr poly so dat I can go for my masters.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by LastProphet: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Copee:
When I see people saying they are going to the polytechnic, I cant just help but pity them. The discrimination in the labour market id massive. I finished ND and still wrote Jamb. Then I got admission to start 100L at University of Benin. My friends at the polytechnic were laughing at me saying that was backwardness. To cut the long story short, I have a very good job today and most of them are still at home and the few ones working are teachers. Sorry bro and I think the Government needs to do something about it.

the HR was wrong to have wasted their time, but to the topic, HND and Degree are not equal anywhere in the world. even at the starting point, the requirements for admission are not equal, it is only black people that are confused by the difference.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by smsshola(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
teebee22:
how did u convert from HND to bsc and wat are the basis or criteria to convert

Teebee I doubt if u can do what I did and depending on ur area and the school u intend to enter their requirements; but in my case I bought Jamb form afresh and change my course from been a science student to social science. While in poly then I did SLT in my nd and biochemistry option in HND...

In ABU where I dd my bsc and currently running my MSC degree there is alot of way to do it but cheapest and fastest means is coming in as fresh student cos each dept have there requirements. So if u ask me I will suggest u go to the sch u desire and the faculty then ask of there requirements believe with determination if you are willing u can do it.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are a fool.

You forgot to add, "with an M.Sc tongue"
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
Your comment reeks of childishness despite your so called BSC

Despite your degree (that's even if you have one) you can't even construct proper English yet you come here to say ru.bbish

By the way people comment on nairaland, you can easily predict that they are jobless because barely would you see a person making cool cash utter such a myopic and re.tarded comment

Correct the grammatical blunder. That's if you saw anyone. undecided

E pain am wink
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by swimcash(m): 4:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
sum pple funny o, say na so dem dey upgrade tins? u no knw say na so e b b4 u go get HND form? stil sayin it n wil continue 2 say it, u pple shld stop dis so called upgrading tins, it's nt late, u can stil get Ur bsc, do DAT n stop making noise. if e no b b.sc e no fit b lyk b.sc
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Ranchhoddas: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

You forgot to add, "with an M.Sc tongue"
Any idiiot can bag an M.Sc in this you dolt.So an M.Sc is the sum total of your achievements and you come here to spew garbage.You are more foolish than I initially feared.

1 Like

Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Philadelphia: 5:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Any idiiot can bag an M.Sc in this you dolt.So an M.Sc is the sum total of your achievements and you come here to spew garbage.You are more foolish than I initially feared.

But not any idiot can get a HND. Keep fearing because that's what HND holders are best at. grin

E pain am die
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Skillfullulu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

You're been unfair, I guess u grew up with a silver spoon
#bittertruth
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Cutehector:
God will punish dat hr guy
Loud Amen.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

#bittertruth
How old are you? you have a very shallow mentality!! Tufia.
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by herald9: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
The problem with these polytechnics is that they admit anyone without any sort of test... How can an employer trust those sort of people.

And the level of runs and examination malpractice is something else.

The worst is that some of their course combination is just absurd....

Imagine my friend offering political science in the polytechnic but still doing chemistry as a general course.... How does chemistry and political science correlate?

I'll choose University to Poly over and over again...
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Philadelphia:

It is people like you police accidental discharge kill. You are just so stupid and wicked. And you articulation is very myopic, I doubt if you merit your Bsc.
#bittertruth
Re: I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FRSC Applicant Collapses & Dies During Screening In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / First Class Students With Second Class Upper Certificate Jobless In Nigeria / New:fcmb,first Bank Access Bank,recruit Graduates Again: Check Them Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.