Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? (614 Views)

Those Who Practise Polygamy Live Longer Than Those In Monogamy — Tanko Yakasai / One Man, Many Wives. The Truth About Modern Day Polygamy in Nigeria / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by sundayslim(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
I am from a polygamous family, and that hasn't really changed much for me because I make my choices wisely.

However, I met a lady and we became friends. She says she can't date me and her reason is that I'm from a polygamous family.

I was shocked!

Am I to blame for a decision I could never make?

Does anyone have a choice of the family they are born into?

Does being from a polygamous family mean that I and my entire generations after me are condemned?

It just surprises me to see how people tag some other families as being "bad" because someone made a choice that suits him or her.

Please what is your take on this?

Thanks.

Lalasticlala
Re: Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by Miami11: 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
She is what you call shallow, or she has no feelings for you,

My husband is from a polygamous family, non of his ten brothers have two wives, they all hate polygamy since they have experienced how nasty polygamy is,

You will meet true love someday that will not judge you based on your parents decisions

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by Mutuwa(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
sundayslim:
I am from a polygamous family, and that hasn't really changed much for me because I make my choices wisely.

However, I met a lady and we became friends. She says she can't date me and her reason is that I'm from a polygamous family.

I was shocked!

Am I to blame for a decision I could never make?

Does anyone have a choice of the family they are born into?

Does being from a polygamous family mean that I and my entire generations after me are condemned?

It just surprises me to see how people tag some other families as being "bad" because someone made a choice that suits him or her.

Please what is your take on this?

Thanks.

Lalasticlala

you should have known from this point that "common sense" had left her.
there is no reason to even forge ahead with the confabulation..
move on guy..its your world.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by Pineapp: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
The bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh will find you and will be grateful she doesn't have to worry about you taking a second wife because you know how messed up it could be.
But if this babe is yours,the people on her case at the river bank are almost through.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by thorpido(m): 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
She should have dated you and if you show traits of behaviours that does not go well with her she can quit the relationship.She didn't even give you a chance which is wrong.Don't worry about her,she not the best for you.

Polygamy does have its negative effects but you can't judge everyone who grew up in a polygamous family as an outcast.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sentence To Condemnation?? by yetseyi(f): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Like a poster said she is simply shallow.

Same way a guy said he cant marry a daughter to my mum's cousin because the parents are separated. Another man that didn't mind her parents marital status married her. You will find your own.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marital Concerns / I Don't Know What To Do. / One Wife Or As Many As Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.