Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike (23277 Views)

Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna / Amaechi Spent N82million To Host Prof Soyinka To A Dinner - Rivers State / Amaechi Spent N53bn From N55bn Reserve Fund – Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by lolaxavier(m): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2016

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has accused his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, of allegedly spending the sum of one hundred and fifty million dollars $150m to finance the 2015 elections of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Governor Wike made the allegation while speaking at a thanksgiving service held at Saint Peter’s Anglican Church, Rumueprikom, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

He said the former governor allegedly spent the huge sum between December 1 and 18, 2014 to sponsor the national election campaigns of APC.

Wike vowed to recover monies belonging to the state, just he called for a comprehensive fight against corruption and canvassed support for the prosecution of all those behind the alleged looting of funds.

The governor further said a plot had been hatched to arrest and detain him before the national and state assemblies rerun elections which had been postponed to March 19, 2016.

Wike restated his earlier declaration that he would not allow the rigging of the rerun elections in the state, warning that any INEC staff who attempts to rig would be treated as an armed robber.

Wike said: “Nothing is impossible with God. We won the election clearly as confirmed by the Supreme Court. If there was a rerun, I wouldn’t have contested because there would have been bloodbath. I resolved not to be part of anything that would bring bloodbath,” he said.

“I am the executive governor of Rivers State and a strong one for that matter. We will support INEC to conduct credible elections. However, any official who plans to rig will get the treatment reserved for armed robbers”, he said.

In his sermon, Archbishop of the Niger Delta Province, Ignatius Kattey, said the victory of Governor Wike at the Supreme Court had brought peace to the state and called on the governor to be the father of all the people of the state.

See photos from the event below.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/07/2015-elections-amaechi-spent-150m-on-apc-campaign-wike/

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by greatness22(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
Who dey sell pepper nor dey carry hand scratch brokus.... Amaechi, ur time don come. FTC....... Dedicate this feat to my beautiful friend Ebayray.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by djraymy(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2016
who get phone to sell, ondo or kano

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Caseless: 12:04am On Feb 08, 2016
See Wetin supreme court judgement de cause abeg. Wike has suddenly found his lost voice.

Prove your allegations, Mr wike.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by amaechi1: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2016
If Amaechi spent only $150m as alleged then he is very prudent when compared with the amount Dasuki and co shared. Amaechi deserve commendation. Stop lamenting, the elections are over.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:12am On Feb 08, 2016
E don red for the Lizard of Ubima. Amaechi is an high ranking thief

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by angelo5uk(m): 12:18am On Feb 08, 2016
I pity those Sai Buhari Zombies that feel APC is different from PDP. Unfortunately it's going to take most of them 2019 to realize that the so called change is a scam. The only way out for Nigeria is regionalism. I supported GEJ because the implementation of the National Conference would have taken us a reasonable step towards regionalism

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by stexsy(m): 12:26am On Feb 08, 2016
Amaechi is a thief likewise Buhari

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 08, 2016
"They fixed re-run elections for 6th of February with hope that Supreme court will send me away on 27th of January, they have perfected plan to arrest me on Wednesday 28th of January just to demoralise PDP members in rivers state so that they will be able to use federal might to win all senate, house of reps and state house of assembly seats in favour of APC. But when Supreme Court upheld my election, they felt disappointed and INEC shifted rerun elections. I called INEC chairman in Abuja that why did you shift the rerun elections, Professor Mahmud was only stammering with a filmsy excuse. I challenged him that Rivers people are ready and that he should let election take place as planned. That is to further tell you their calculated plan on Rivers State, but God disappointed them".
- Chief Barrister Nyesome Wike at thanksgiving service 07/02/16

131 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Ausbongean: 3:07am On Feb 08, 2016
efcc will be blind on this issue, corruption buhari is fighting for are only his opposition period.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Ola17: 3:52am On Feb 08, 2016
shocked
Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by naijaking1: 3:59am On Feb 08, 2016
---"and Buhari is out there fighting corruption"?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Pavarottii(m): 4:28am On Feb 08, 2016
Ameachi, u can run but u can never hide. If PDP win 2019. Ameachi is gonna; trust me.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Aufbauh(m): 4:28am On Feb 08, 2016
I strongly felt bitterly for the people of rivers state for having a clownish personality like Wike as a governor.
He spoke in the church with utter disrespect and disregard for the beloved people of rivers state not minding the sacredness of the church.
I wondered whether he had a formal education as a lawyer or he is a product of a miracle centre. Even in the hight of Fayose's insanity he won't malign his people in the public including the Archbishop in the public glaring.
Wike needs co-ordination, comportment and carriage if he is to be taken serious as a governor on a mission.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Aufbauh:
I strongly felt bitterly for the people of rivers state for having a clownish personality like Wike as a governor.
He spoke in the church with utter disrespect and disregard for the beloved people of rivers state not minding the sacredness of the church.
I wondered whether he had a formal education as a lawyer or he is a product of a miracle centre. Even in the hight of Fayose's insanity he won't malign his people in the public including the Archbishop in the public glaring.
Wike needs co-ordination, comportment and carriage if he is to be taken serious as a governor on a mission.

Zombie

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Aufbauh(m): 4:44am On Feb 08, 2016
The only 'hausa ipob doctor' call DrDauda i hail your courage.
Meanwhile it is better to be a Zombie than to be a perpetual embittered specie wailing ceaselessly without end.

DrDauda:

Zombie

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by funlord(m): 5:03am On Feb 08, 2016
undecided
angelo5uk:
The only way out for Nigeria is 'REGIONALISM'. I SUPPORTED GEJ' because the implementation of the National Conference would have taken us a reasonable step towards 'REGIONALISM'

No need to identify what we have spotted here! Simply by viewing its comments it is clear!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmmm, I pity ur ass wike
You should just shut up and remain as a champion
Draging issue and Accusing group of Amaechi might later lead to unwanted tinz.
The Group that remove Incumbent President with a clean hand and fair Channel, can remove you if its a must without costin dem kobo and even use waater wash ur hand sef.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by VcStunner(m): 6:48am On Feb 08, 2016
amaechi1:
If Amaechi spent only $150m as alleged then he is very prudent when compared with the amount Dasuki and co shared. Amaechi deserve commendation. Stop lamenting, the elections are over.
like seriously I normally ignore comments like this but urs made me stop by smiley you stopped being reasonable since when really? Am worried and I have every reason to be sad

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by lolaxavier(m): 6:52am On Feb 08, 2016
Oga Wike, explain how you take calculate 150. U dey there or na amaechi tell u.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by jay2pee(m): 6:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Kk
Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by skademzy(m): 7:02am On Feb 08, 2016
This will remain an allegation until proven otherwise. The problem is not how much he spent on election, but the source of the money spent. Give evidence of its illegal acquisition and you're sure to get back at him full time. Until then, I'll assume you've been Fayoselised grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by joseph1832(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Oh Nyesom Wike do please shut up! I would have believed by now you would have understood what it means notto just throw frivolous accusation.

If Amaechi spent 150 million dollars, provide evidence to back up your claim and show us where Amaechi got the money from, and how the money was transfered, because if Amaechi didn't use bank transfer to transfer it, then, he's guilty of money laundering. Don't just engage in beer parlor criticisms just for the fun of it.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by joseph1832(m): 7:07am On Feb 08, 2016
lolaxavier:
Oga Wike, explain how you take calculate 150. U dey there or na amaechi tell u.
That's something he should have done, not just open his vocal cavity and spew nonsense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by mrvitalis(m): 7:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Hypocrisy is when u call odili ur mentor and call ameachi criminal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by kingdompropty: 7:17am On Feb 08, 2016
Who doesn't know that APC's Buhari is a hypocrite and a liar.

14 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Clerverly: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2016
Useless IPOB Youths won't ask him to face governance and leave Amaechi alone...Hyocrites..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by Frank3n2(m): 7:19am On Feb 08, 2016
In other words, he paid for his ministarial sit... grin

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by jordyspices: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2016
Wike nd ameachi no difference just dat one is in apc one is in pdp

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by danot1030: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2016
One thing that is common about pdp is making spurious allegations on the pages of media without taking it to court for prosecution, political propaganda to discredit their opponent. This is where apc is different, they don't just accuse but they come out with facts and figure back up with probe. For those that will argue that apc is able to probe because they in power should remember that pdp was in power for 16yrs and for 8yrs someone like Tinubu has no immunity and all will have had from pdp is media allegation that he enrich himself with Lagos. Amaechi has been accused of several cases of fraud, even during the senate ministerial screening it was amazing how he mesmerised his accusers, Buhari has asked that anyone with evidence of corruption against any of his officials should come forward with it, Wike should stop his propagandas and pile up his facts against Amaechi to the EFCC, he should tender the proof of the submition and challenge it in the law court.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by bright007(f): 7:33am On Feb 08, 2016
Amaechi is a common thief..... Lie Mohammed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike by ednut1(m): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2016
We know where pdp election funds came from abi. Pls where apc's see thier own money After all baba use bank loan buy form. Who is fooling who

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Babatunde Fashola (Photos) / Osita Chidoka In Court For IPOB Detainees (Photos) / Buhari Kicks-off Summit For Ministers-designate Ahead Of Swearing-in (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.