Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

"Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba (1137 Views)

Ooni Of Ife & Alaafin Of Oyo Attend The Finals Of Shina Peller Unity Cup / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by IlajeGal1: 5:43am On Feb 08, 2016
The Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo has said the Ooni of Ife is the highest in the ranking of Yoruba kings. Oba Gbadebo stated this yesterday while receiving the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi in his Ake, Abeokuta, Ogun State palace. Alake said the Ife monarch is the highest of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland. The Ooni was received by Oba Gbadebo at the entrance of his palace in company of his wife, Dr. Tokunbo Gbadebo, and the Secretary to the Ogun State Government, Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa. The Alake listed the Alaafin of Oyo and the Oba of Benin as second and third, respectively, in the order of ranking. He listed his own title, the Alake of Egbaland as the fourth while he said the Awujale of Ijebuland occupies the lowest rung of ladder.

http://dawntodusknews.com/ooni-of-ife-alaafin-of-oyo-oba-of-benin-1st-2nd-3rd-in-ranking-alake-of-egbaland/
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by IlajeGal1: 5:44am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by HungerBAD: 6:00am On Feb 08, 2016
The Benins will not like this.

They have always claimed the Yoruba's came from them, not the other way round.

Ile Ibinu(Benin) is Yoruba, but the Benin's will never agree.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by Niyeal(m): 6:13am On Feb 08, 2016
The king spk d truth!
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:19am On Feb 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
The Benins will not like this.

They have always claimed the Yoruba's came from them, not the other way round.

Ile Ibinu(Benin) is Yoruba, but the Benin's will never agree.

It is not Ile Ibinu, but Ile Ibini...corrupted by portuguese to Benin.

The Ibini is conjugate with the Omo n'Oba title.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

It is not Ile Ibinu, but Ile Ibini...corrupted by portuguese to Benin.

The Ibini is conjugate with the Omo n'Oba title.
Actually is Ile-ibinu, I've lived, in benin, These people changed d history of yoruba to suit them.

1.They bear yoruba names(most of them dont even know the meaning of their Names..I helped them translate it when I was there)

They pratctice yoruba gods e.g Ogun, Olokun, Aiyelala Ifa and celebrate Oduduwa festival.

They denied Oduduwa is a yoruba man and even claimed Oranmiyan(yoruba man) is not d first Oba in benin.
Eweka (which translate to I can speak or I'm literate in yoruba) another yoruba man is considered a Bini man.

Bini people should go back to d daze of Ogisho and change d monarchy style of d yorubas if they dont like d Yorubas anymore and we will let them be.
cause d yoruba people knows d history if benin more than they do.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
chowlade:

Actually is Ile-ibinu, I've lived, in benin, These people changed d history of yoruba to suit them.

1.They bear yoruba names(most of them dont even know the meaning of their Names..I helped them translate it when I was there)

They pratctice yoruba gods e.g Ogun, Olokun, Aiyelala Ifa and celebrate Oduduwa festival.

They denied Oduduwa is a yoruba man and even claimed Oranmiyan(yoruba man) is not d first Oba in benin.
Eweka (which translate to I can speak or I'm literate in yoruba) another yoruba man is considered a Bini man.

Bini people should go back to d daze of Ogisho and change d monarchy style of d yorubas if they dont like d Yorubas anymore and we will let them be.
cause d yoruba people knows d history if benin more than they do.

Living there is one thing, knowing and understanding the genealogy is another.

There is nothing called Ile Ibinu. People that cant find meaning twisted it to an approximate of their own circumstance and gave it spread.

Kings dont record their own history, palace bards do. Palace bards are philosophers by trade and they mint and weave nobility and idealism around the King and his BIRTHRIGHTS....never would a negative sense of value be attached to a place of Royal history.

I put birthright in capital deliberately to emphasize ILE IBINI.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by Wulfruna(f): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
The Alake is number four in hierarchy?

I'm gonna have to brush up my Yoruba history a bit. But this doesn't sound right.

Is the Alake among the kings that received a crown from Oduduwa?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife,Alaafin Of Oyo,Oba Of Benin:1st,2nd,3rd In Ranking"-Alake Of Egba by eposho: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
He is fight on one issue the ijebu didn't come from oduduwa.

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Tree Refuses To Be Uprooted / Appellations for The Oba Of Benin / Funny Swaziland Reed Dance Ceremony South Africa Zulu Dance Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.