Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages (1278 Views)

Aiye And Vikings Cults Clash In Anambra.10 Killed. Graphic Photos / Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Communities, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:44am On Feb 08, 2016
By Peter Duru

MAKURDI—No fewer than 10 persons were feared dead yesterday, in an outbreak of fresh hostilities between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Tom-Anyiin and Tom-Ataan communities, Mbaya, Tombu in Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State. This is just as the Council Chairman, Godwin Iorsue, the Divisional Police Officer at Buruku, the Area Commander and other stakeholders in the area, on assessment tour of the communities, were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen who had seized the area and sacked the inhabitants.

Vanguard gathered that the renewed crisis has created a huge refugee situation in the area with over 300 people displaced from the affected communities and scores injured in the bloody clash. A source from one of the affected communities disclosed that the Fulani invaders stormed the communities late Saturday night, shooting sporadically and burning down houses, huts, food barn, farmland and economic trees. The source said: “As I speak with you, fighting is still raging in the affected communities. Although I cannot give you a precise figure of the dead, about 10 have been killed, many are missing and many others sustained injures.”

Meanwhile, the Council Chairman, Mr. Godwin Iorsue, who spoke on phone, said that he had invited senior security officers to accompany him in assessing the situation, when they were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen. Iorsue said: “It was only God that saved us. They were over 30 and well armed while we had only four armed police officers with us. Our cars were perforated with bullets.” When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent Moses Yamu, who confirmed the attack on the Council Chairman and his entourage, said no live was lost. Yamu said: “The people ran away from their communities in fear of a possible attack by Fulani herdsmen, but there were neither killing nor destruction of property in the area. “I can confirm that the DPO, the Area Commander, the Caretaker Council Chairman and selected stakeholders were attacked by suspected herdsmen when they visited to assess the situation in the area.” At press time, Vanguard gathered that fighting in the two communities was still raging..

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/10-killed-300-homeless-as-fulani-herdsmen-invade-benue-villages/

Photos from www.viviangist.com

Cc: lalasticlala

Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by DebbyChris(f): 5:49am On Feb 08, 2016
Those fulanis are supposed to be herders and not killers, God save your children.
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by nnachukz(m): 5:49am On Feb 08, 2016
They keep getting stronger and bolder at each passing day. Killing and destroying things as they go, leaving sorrow and pains behind. Their grand patrons Buhari and Elrufai who owns those cattle don't even care, as long as their cattle which is more important to them than the life of those citizens killed as safe. Who cares, one zombie will come here and tell the president cares for our safety.
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by yemmte92(f): 5:55am On Feb 08, 2016
so sad
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by AngryNigerian(m): 6:02am On Feb 08, 2016
yemmte92:
so sad

In Fela's voice, "I sorry sorry sorry ooooo...i sorry for Nigeria!"

The number of people killed unjustly will make this land hate itz inhabitants someday!
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Luckylife(m): 6:08am On Feb 08, 2016
I can't differentiate between boko animals and this herdsmen . Are they sacred cows that military allow them to go to any village and kill ,destroy and cause havoc?
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Chibabi(m): 6:10am On Feb 08, 2016
Many ppl in da state voted out PDP because d felt d PDP Government didn't do enough to protect dem, n naw same fate is befalling dem in d new APC Government. May God cum to their rescue
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 08, 2016
Every violent crime in the north na either boko haram or Fulani herdsmen, na so NL dey report am. How many Fulanis are there sef abi are they just incredibly violent? Cause I don't understand. Why does it seem that that's the first name people call, without any substantiation?

My heart goes out to the victims sha, it shall be well.
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by exclusive7(m): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2016
The dullardiho no dy see dz things? isn't dz a highly placed politicians local government? or a senatorial region/district of one senator....cnt dz b debated on and a solution provided?Nigeria I just tire for una government...
mtchww
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Montaque(m): 6:54am On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria of unequal rights.
Result of not implementing the confab recommendations
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Elosky20: 9:24am On Feb 08, 2016
people will nt advise them to stop. when buratai starts killing them nw people will start shouting "Rule of law"
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2016
Police is there saying no life was lost. That shows that they all ran away from the crime scene and didn't know what happened. Shame
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2016
Lalasticlala.
Re: Graphic Photos: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by gsalvatore: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
The good people of Benue State deserve everything coming their ways...

'' Your choices seal your fate''

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: See What This Driver Did To Stop Officials From Towing His Bus In Lagos / See The Cultists That Said Guns Cannot Kill Them (pic) / How I Was Frauded 410k By A White Guy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.