Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:52 AM

Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans (38428 Views)

Amazing Android Art Work + Speed Art Tutorial / Artwork Made With Coca-Cola Bottles By A YABATECH Student (Photos) / Building Art Work Designed By A Nigerian Young Man.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Mattew690(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2016
WE GET TALENT NO BE SMALL OH
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by bidexmat(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Pure fallacy, it's simply because they don't Make noise, a lot of them are doing well and most of their clients and Galleries that manages them are whites, hence the end up abroad in no time. The talents we've lost in this country to the whites is massive. Nigerians think all those road side Artists are the real deal, Nope! The real deal happens in the gallery, as I am tying this, a friend jst sold one of his paintings #300,000 last week thursday and that's how the money flows in continuously, tell me that's not someone's two months salary? Bro, professional artists are balling big time, most sell paintings millions of Naira! Na naija mentality jst deh horrible o, no mind those ones you see for main road o, It's a multi million dollar industry. Check NIKE ART Gallery @ elegushi and that's if you are based in lagos, your mentality go change cos as you enter, na money you go deh see!
ojuolu:

confirmed. One of my direct reports is a wonderful artist with obvious talents. At times, i wonder what he is doing working in a bank but like you said, arts seems not to be paying the bills, especially with the current economic realities.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by bidexmat(m): 11:38am On Feb 08, 2016
I like your spirit, they still think Nigeria will change, bunch of surrealists! America grew in 100 years, Nigeria @55, an indecisive, struggling old man @ 55 is what!
kilokeys:

Aren't we all... The issue is, we can't wait. We can't wait for them to work on it. The policies, institutions and all.

Every man for himself. Leaving the shores as soon as I can.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 08, 2016
Like Auchi polytechnic, like Yabatech.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by kenoz(m): 11:52am On Feb 08, 2016
Wow!

This is amazing
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by digitsolution: 11:53am On Feb 08, 2016
splendid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Adaezeagu(f): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2016
naija8080:
I knew he must be Igbo...
amebo
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by gbishman: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
This should be promoted by the ministry of arts and tourism pls this is raw talent
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by iykekelvins(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very Creative Thumbs Up
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by teebee22(f): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
moscobabs:
that's why I love polytechnics. and some organisations will still be discriminating ?

Nigeria education has problem
don't mind them. polytechnic is a good place for practical courses.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by hfinest1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
horladmejy:
. All my days @YCT, for everytime I pass through that department I continuously look at his creativity mind and I tell myself... is this a Nigerian mind? I Miss Auntie Kudi ...Great YCT. I miss my school cry
same here bro... I'm going back for HND this year sha... smiley that art work enh! there's no time people will not be there... at least two or three people must be there admiring the work and taking pictures

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by tomzman: 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Creative
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Everyone is just shouting govt this govt that. Which govt in the world is going to help you? Nigerians need to wake up and think of empowering themselves.

Truth is most people are not business savvy. Having a talent is just half of the equation. This guy can create products, define a target market and start selling bespoke decorations to offices and state governments during christmas holidays or celebrations. He can even make quality small standardized products and take to the market. In fact this importation ban is a blessing as pple are finding it hard to get decorative items into the country from china. We should all keep waiting for government. Jonzers!

John F Kennedy - 'dont ask what ur country will do for you, ask what u can do for ur country".
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by ridious(m): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Enoquin:
Yabatech arts department! I used to wonder then why the faculty wasn't promoting the art works of their students more vigourously. The metal art works back then, plus other kinds of sculptures...This is creatively beautiful

Yabatech arts, please make use of the social media platform.

I guess they removed the sculpture that used to be where this one now is.
when you get to The Polytechnic Ibadan you will pity the wasted talent in the Art department too... WELL LATE SIKIRU A. BARRISTER already sang about this AYE
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Clentuzbaba(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
salute
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by vansly(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
i see talents every where everyday, but we seem to live in a country where talent and hard work is appreciated instead mediocrity and corruption are celebrated.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Enoquin(f): 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Onegai:

They're the only school in Lagos I respect for the Arts. Them, UNN, ABU Zaria and maybe Uniben have produced respected artists for years. When people ask me about art or fashion, I usually direct them to Yabatech. If I had money, I'd endow their Faculty of Art.

You are right about the school's arts and fashion. Other good departments food tech and architecture. Architecture and Arts students usually slept in the studio (their classrooms), and after spending sleepless nights on varying projects, the work gets rubbished the next day by the supervising lecturer, who'd find fault no matter how tiny.
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by bamdexfarms(m): 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Great Yabatech, the first and still the best!!!
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by gqboyy(m): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
wooooooow see creativity
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Anada1(f): 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
this is so true.....I continued looking at dis art work when I went to yabatech......its so so creative
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by bizgai(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
I SAW IT LIFE but what is YCT making out of this there great TALENTS ?
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by hinduskoso: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
that is exploration,,making use of conventional nd unconventional materials,,to create what whitemen have neva done b4,,,nice work,my contemporary
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by piagetskinner(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
The Nigerian Government killing talent since 50AD
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Bukish21(f): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
49cents:
IBM: Igbo boys movement
Abi Intercontinental Ballistic Missile...
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Laserjetm1132(f): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
grin[size=8pt][/size][b][/b] wow, this is great!
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by Laserjetm1132(f): 3:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
kisswow! this is great!
Re: Yabatech Student's Art-Work With Plastic Bottles & Cans by 49cents(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2016
Bukish21:

Abi Intercontinental Ballistic Missile...

I know it hurts but no apologies!!!

Igbos will continue with this movement, we were born this way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life Before Photoshop / Meet Dotun Popoola Who Turns Metal Scraps To Pieces Of Art (Photos, Video) / V_ray Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.