Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy (28484 Views)

Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Godlymum: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
call your mum and sit her down to talk and give her reasons why you think the lady in question is the best for you.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Kassidy90(m): 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Firstly Ur mum shouldn't be the one to tell u the type of woman to marry,
Secondly don't because of Ur woman offend Ur mum..

Solution sit Ur mom down tell her how u truly feel about the girl how it can affect u psychologically if u loose her, as a good mother she should be able to see through u.

But na wa for our mothers too
Imagine the first time my mum met my woman she said to me "omo yen o tii ri ita, wo imura e, kii se a won omo irole aye ti o ma n ko ka kiri, ma disappoint e" means That girl is yet exposed, look at her dressing she's not like those end time girls u move about with before, don't disappoint her too.
By the grace of God am getting marry to her by April.
Let Ur mum knw that there is no perfect person anywhere, the best one can do is to make yourself perfect then walk into someone's life n bring up the person to your perfection.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Irore: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Missmossy:
Chai!!!

This is how ladies are being judged, so bad i must confess. Coming from your mother makes it worse.

I'm sure she knows little or nothing about how it all started now you are about to get married she opposes it.

Makes no sense if you ask me.

Let somebody refer ur mum to how she started with dad. Talk her to submission. I see you as one of conscience. Dare not leave d the girl you've being with for 4yrs for anyone because of ur mum. Dat culd well the beginning of ur trouble in life. I pray dat God will grant ur mother this understanding. Amen

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Listen to your mother, go find better person marry.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmmm....
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Irore: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Godlymum:
call your mum and sit her down to talk and give her reasons why you think the lady in question is the best for you.

Easier said than done. You think every mother is like urs. With single parent,if she is one, who may not have enjoyed the relationship with the boys father and has all the while carried the boys burden alone,only a respected,responsive and responsible mediator can solve this problem. If on the other hand she is not a single parent, you still need to search out ur mum's closest pal or better still ur family spiritual leader like pastor or imam, above all, prayerfully with your girl commit the whole scenario to God in prayer.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Gguy4real: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very funny things my mum no fit do that to me because I'm d one that will settle down with her not my mum
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by bennynaza(m): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
lalasticlala:
I got this mail from a Nairalander.

See the unedited mail after the cut..

Please, read and advise him..

[b]"I've been a guest at NL for a while, I just joined yesterday (Sunday) because I think I'm really in need of your advice.
I am one of those guys that do not believe is necessary for marriage or for a smooth (but advocate of understanding and sacrifice). I have been in this relationship for about 4 years. We've been strong together, and we were the admiration of very many while on campus, even much later, very many still wished they were like us. We planned on getting married last year, but my mom just didn't like her. My mom said she wasn't beautiful, and that she's not from our "class". The failure of our marriage plans caused a strain in my relationship with my mom, and also with my woman.
Although, I thought I was caused the hitch between my mom and my woman because of my insistence on marrying last year. This year, I tried to reconcile both, but it seems to becan almost-impossible task. My mom is impossible to deal with. I am confused!!!
Do I continue in with my woman (let the worse happen)?
Do I let her go (free her from my grip, yield to my mom)?
I'm so confused because I've never seen a woman with whom I am this much compatible. I have never seen a woman this decent, my brother told me I'd never get a girl like her if I lose her. Please advise me."
[/b]

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife... Genesis
Ur parents should not have the final say on who becomes ur life partner. At least i am sure God approves of disobeying ur mother in this matter.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Babyphinas(f): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oya marry ur mother

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Babyphinas(f): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
U want chop beauty & class
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Irore: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Babyphinas:
U want chop beauty & class

Show us ur moda's photo.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by NemzySeries(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
dis 1 ur mum is acting unsettled, wuz she dating d gal b4 u met her in sch?
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by SURElee(f): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
StPete:
Was the mother not a classless chic wen his father decided to put her in a 'class'? All des women sef undecided

GBAM!!! Guy God bless You. Women can be very hard on their fellow women eh. And to think that this future father/head of a home runs to NL to ask for advice is sickening. Tell me you don't already know in your heart of hearts to fight for your woman and defend her before your family. Compare your mum's pics of now and thirty years ago, is she still the same beauty wise? Beauty fades, peace of mind is what you should crave.U better grow balls, this shows that even after you marry na nairaland you go they sleep that's if your mum allows peace in your home with your wife. Have you seen marriages between classy and beautiful and handsome couple don't that last long?

Anyway if u want to please your mum as mama's boy, marry her (your mum) so the class you belong to doesn't leave your family and lineage.

2 Likes

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by eleko1: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Obey ur parent so dat E shall be well with U. Forget about classy/attractive/beautiful.There's something ur mama knw/see that u aren't aware of.Sit down,think deeply,investigate/talk to ur papa.Dnt rush in so dat u won't regret tomorrow.Above all,PRAY IT.May Eledumare touch ur mama heart
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by gsalvatore: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
'' I have never seen a woman this decent, my brother told me I'd never get a girl like her if I lose her."

BULLSHIT.

There is always someone better...

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by kaima1984(f): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sweetie u hav to wise up n fight 4 wat u cherish,years bck something like dis happened to me,am frm Anambra n my hussy is from Rivers state,being d first daughter n mom's favourite she never approve my hussy's proposal and my dad as a soldier he approved it,i met a priest n table d matter bf him,he convinced my mom n right now believe u me dear am happily married n my mom is d 1 enjoying most,use every means on ur mum so dat u wunt regret after
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by AreaFada2: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
Strahovski1:
He should follow his heart

But he should use his head first....before getting married.
Some women can be funny.

Not all women you make sacrifices for deserve it.

Just when you give up your mum & others for your woman, she messes up. Just ensure your mum is not seeing what you cannot see apart from "beauty & class".

@ OP, If she's really WORTH it, go ahead. Otherwise your mum will later say "I told you".
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by blesoh(f): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Marry her heavens wont fall.how can u just throw away the love u shared for a long time because of one useless complain.marry her if possible stay away from ur mum for sometime.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by herboshedhe(f): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
ritababe:
First of all your mother does not have the right to dictate to you who you will spend the rest of your life with is your life not hers, and if you decided to move on without her, you will be the one to suffer for the rest of your life not your mother,.
And again the beauty of a woman is inside not outside.

God bless yagrin
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by herboshedhe(f): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
jejemanito:
Sigh

In the whole of mankind's history, never has it been heard that a father-in-law is against his son-in-law

Live and let live

Women, una wahala too much

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by herboshedhe(f): 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
I hate that talk " I can't see somebody like him/her again" you will surly see even more better than him/her.

I am not in support of a young man getting married to a lady his mother reject (blv me or not, u won't enjoy that marriage).

Though your mother's reason isn't making sense if that's the only reason she is rejecting the Lady and you made a very big mistake for not hiding your mother's comment from the Lady.

Have it in Mind that your mum might have another reason cos they know better than us.
On point!!!
Are you married@agarawu23?
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by mimiwhite4real(f): 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pls go & marry ur wife ,with time ur mum will come around

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
Gbam! She has finished the case
ritababe:
First of all your mother does not have the right to dictate to you who you will spend the rest of your life with is your life not hers, and if you decided to move on without her, you will be the one to suffer for the rest of your life not your mother,.

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
ritababe:

don't understand
how cute..of course you won't. wink
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by davidif: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
@op, your brother is probably right. That woman might be your soulmate. Pray for discernment to make the right decision and that God will touch your mom.

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by okoloto: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
My brother use your head. Marriage no bi like that, it has so many that goes with it not the so called love during curtship.

Have you asked why the most compatible, inlove couples ends up in divorce?
There maybe things ur mum is seeing that you are not because of the so called love.
You have to weigh both and know your mum wants the best for you.
What you cannot change is the fact that you can never get another mum but if this nice compatible girl sees a better boo as I am tying, she may not think twice before dumping ur ass.
Goodluck
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
[size=14pt]Lol. Reminds me of my mum. All you have to do is stand your ground.

Call her and tell her, this is the only woman u have seen that makes you happy and if your mum wants her son to be a happy man she should respect your choice. Tell your mum u love her and if she loves you she should make you happy by respecting you and ur woman......

they are both important women in ur life and u shouldnt loose any for the other, never forget this.... First test of manhood i guess, lol. Goodluck [/size]

Be sure ur doing the right thin too cos honestly sometimes our mums see beyond the lovey dovey. Dont allow ur wife turn u from ur mum in the long run, most women will want to possess you, might be part of mumsys fears.... Look well.

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
blesoh:
Marry her heavens wont fall.how can u just throw away the love u shared for a long time because of one useless complain.marry her if possible stay away from ur mum for sometime.

Lol u think this is a yoruba movie? Ud be a mum someday too how comfy would u be if you son chooses his woman over u and disregards ur opinion and avoids you cos of a woman. This OP only has to lovingly convince his mum no matter how long it takes.....
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
blesoh:

Lol u think this is a yoruba movie? Ud be a mum someday too how comfy would u be if you son chooses his woman over u and disregards ur opinion and avoids you cos of a woman. This OP only has to lovingly convince his mum no matter how long it takes..... Plus its marriage 75% of em fail anyway (jes saying).
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by DExplorer1: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
ritababe:
I hear this a lot when the lady is not really beautiful.
Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by mira4u: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
undecided Bull.s.....h...I... .t. You found a compatible mate n u here asking if you should marry her or not cos somebody else thinks she's classless n ugly. Just that silly reason alone?

Damn!!!! This dude is a kid.

Pleaseeeeeeeee don't marry her cos she deserves somebody better than you.

1 Like

Re: His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy by karbridals(f): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ur mom's reason for not wanting u not to marry her is not good enough...so I advice u go to a registry and wed her,with time ur mom will learn to see her as ur wife since u have talked to her and she doesn't want to see reasons with u.

Since u have some family members that are in support of u and ur woman,tell ur mom the date of ur wedding, take some family members that are in support of the marriage and marry her..later she will accept her,but if u listen to her and let a good woman go just cos ur mom doesn't see her classy enough for then u may cry for the rest of ur life when u finally marry that classy girl she want u to marry..ur mom wldnt live with her but u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Think I Am Pregnant / A Man Afraid Of 30. A Woman Afraid Of 30 / Santa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.