Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:21 PM

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic (5755 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Third Biggest Country In The World By 2050 — Britain (Pic) / Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram / Church Protests Against Boko Haram Prisoners In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2016
If Nigeria never had the highest number of prisoners in United Kingdom, why in the name of neptum will a president call his country people criminals
Picture below is a table showing the percentage of nigerian prisoners in Britain.
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poles-top-foreign-inmate-list-3463695
https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRWailers

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria is leading in Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 9:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
so is china in asia.

7 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2016
drss:
If Nigeria never had the highest number of prisoners in United Kingdom, why in the name of neptum will a president call his country people criminals
Picture below is a table showing the percentage of nigerian prisoners in Britain.
whether Good or Bad we are always the Apex alpha
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by temitemi1(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2016
When a man called u a CRIMINAL and you are still defending such a man, three thigs are involved. You DRUNK, STUPID or a CRIMINAL- lere olayinka

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by CyberWolf: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2016
If this is real, how many times has the president of those countries ahead of Nigeria gone to UK to call their country men criminals?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2016
temitemi1:
When a man called u a CRIMINAL and you are still defending such a man, three thigs are involved. You DRUNK, STUPID or a CRIMINAL- lere olayinka
no mind dem. Poland has d highest number of prisoners in UK but the polish president never called his people criminals.

7 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2016
CyberWolf:
If this is real, how many times has the president of those countries ahead of Nigeria gone to UK to call their country men criminals?
i remember one time when the mexican president was asked questions about why his country people ar engaging in drug trafficking n he answered dem like dis: ''because the US is the largest market for drugs.'' am very sure if it was buari who was asked dis question, he will say its because nigerians ar senseless, criminals n very unruly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by feelamong(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2016
drss:
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/poles-top-foreign-inmate-list-3463695

where is the statistics from Malaysia, India and Pakistan

For starters see the number we have in India alone (1,100 Nigerians)

http://thestreetjournal.org/2015/06/1100-nigerians-in-indian-jails-envoy/

We even have more than 4000 prisoners in Iran alone and up to 6000 held in various foreign prisons for drugs offences

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/6000-nigerians-in-foreign-jails-over-drug-offences/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by drss(m): 10:21am On Feb 08, 2016
feelamong:

where is the statistics from Malaysia, India and Pakistan
click d link n see for urself.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Lordave: 10:28am On Feb 08, 2016
I don't hate PMD but I know he has gone to seek help on his senility in London.

What we are witnessing is just an ephemeral effect of Senility capsules. He'll recuperate, but temporarily.

7 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by jmoore(m): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2016
When you have minister of misinformation in your cabinet, you go dey misyarn.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Lordave: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2016
Unless, the owner and moderators of this forum are not criminals, this thread should be on homepage already.

They can hide this post if they like.

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Fanirandele: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2016
You would also need to put up how many residents each of those Countries have in the UK. Then we can compare what percentage of residents of each Country have been jailed before in the UK

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2016
The fact is if you live in the UK, you would understand where the President is coming from regarding our reputation for credit card fraud, love scams, visa fraud, arranged marriages for residency, internet fraud etc.

However there is also a significant number of Nigerians doing brilliantly well in the various sectors of the British economy, particularly in Finance where I belong. Those screaming foul are only playing ostrich, even the Jamaican I was with last night had nothing good to say about our reputation (which is even more annoying now that I know their position on that chart).

It is up to us to either be introspective and fix ourselves, or pretend Nigerians are not the most fraudulent Africans in the entire world.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by vedaxcool(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2016
Keep misquoting PMB and deluding yourself.

There is class of ingrates and fools who defend corruption and stealing of public funds on nairaland alone if that isn't being criminally minded then you are suffering kwashoko of the brain.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by tafrica(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
Condmening Buhari for that disgraceful statement isn't that we're supporting corruption, every country has corrupt Nationals, but their Presidents rather choose to market their positives. Do you know how many illegal Mexican Immigrants in USA? Should their president go on air and chant "My People are corrupt"? Mexicans are also experts in drugs, how many times have their presidents aired that?

Rape is common in india, do they air this internationally? Other nationals won't help you solve the mess, they will rather disparage you for it, why going to their land to mess up our personality when we have far more sincere Nigerians we can use to market Nigeria.

Going by this statistics, I'm sure there were more Nigerians than 167 jailed ones in 2014, why do we have to denigrate other sincere thousands of Nigerians because of criminals who are minority? How does this help in driving investors to Nigeria or rebranding our image?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by NDPVF(m): 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
CyberWolf:
buhari is an idiotic criminal that will soon rot in Hague. Quote me anywhere!.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by NDPVF(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
temitemi1:
classic!
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
NDPVF:
buhari is an idiotic criminal that will soon rot in Hague. Quote me anywhere!.

grin

The agony of defeat.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Biafrarep(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
The problem with Buhari is ignorance, lack of indept knowledge of grammer & use of adjective, tactless etc. You dont go outside to tell people that your family members criminals & stupid. For Gods sake, every country has the good, bad & ugly the difference is that while some have checks & balances that make crime unattractive with punitive actions in place for defaulters others like in Nigeria make crime attrative & law abiding citizens stupid!! Buhari should go for a crash course on PR management & stop disgracing Nigerians, it's now embarrasing to hold the green passport abroad, he shouldn't make things worse for Nigerians. #Need To make the best investment in Owerri? Cliq on my handle for details.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by LoveMachine(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:
The fact is if you live in the UK, you would understand where the President is coming from regarding our reputation for credit card fraud, love scams, visa fraud, arranged marriages for residency, internet fraud etc.

However there is also a significant number of Nigerians doing brilliantly well in the various sectors of the British economy, particularly in Finance where I belong. Those screaming foul are only playing ostrich, even the Jamaican I was with last night had nothing good to say about our reputation (which is even more annoying now that I know their position on that chart).

It is up to us to either be introspective and fix ourselves, or pretend Nigerians are not the most fraudulent Africans in the entire world.

Our international reputation has no gray area. We are either seen as cream of the crop or scum of the gutter.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Adminisher: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:

Nigerians are leading in Asia and parts of Europe. They know us for cultic prostitution rings in Italy. Smuggling and selling knock-offs in Germany and Belgium. Black and Eiye confraternity people are doing multi million naira car theft in the US. Up to a few years ago all the credit card scams in the UK were done by Nigerians. Nigeria is the only country ever to make convicted criminals abroad governors of states in Lagos, Delta and other states. Buhari is a 75 year old Fulani man, it would be hard for him to start telling lies. He has many personal faults himself but outright lying or being too cowardly to say the truth is not one of then . You can deceive yourself and pretend or you can actively do something about the image of your country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
The latter part of your assertion applies because bad news sells best, which further buttresses our global perception as fraudulent criminals.

Half a million Nigerian prisoners in a country of 64 million? Haba....we need to check ourselves.

LoveMachine:

Our international reputation has no gray area. We are either seen as cream of the crop or scum of the gutter.
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by LadyExcellency: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:

If you are not among the criminals Buhari alluded to then nobody is except if you give us names.

I put it to you, that the possibility that you're among is 95% since you are defending Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by Adminisher: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Biafrarep:
The problem with Buhari is ignorance, lack of indept knowledge of grammer & use of adjective, tactless etc. You dont go outside to tell people that your family members criminals & stupid. For Gods sake, every country has the good, bad & ugly the difference is that while some have checks & balances that make crime unattractive with punitive actions in place for defaulters others like in Nigeria make crime attrative & law abiding citizens stupid!! Buhari should go for a crash course on PR management & stop disgracing Nigerians, it's now embarrasing to hold the green passport abroad, he shouldn't make things worse for Nigerians. #Need To make the best investment in Owerri? Cliq on my handle for details.
It is you that is not exposed. What school did you go?
Buhari has been having foreign exposure before your parents were born and I mean no offence. I think a lot of you people are not seeing life realistically. Buhari knows much more about PR management than you. This is about ideology of life and principle not shallow western inspired brand management. The man who changed China Dengie Xia O Ping said worse things about his country in the late 80s when reforms started. It is not 83 the job description of president to lie to his people.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by NDPVF(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
[s]
fulanimafia:

[/s]You end up talking trash. Must ur us.eless Fulani brother generalize the crime committed by few,so as to drive home his brainless point?. In fact,why not mention the people doing it?. Last i checked, a particular tribe in Nigeria is known globally for credit card fraud,internet fraud,love scam and arraingee marriage. If am lying ask Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by tolexy007(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
shocked
Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
You are obviously absolutely incapable of contributing to this discourse on an intellectual level hence your resort to bigotry laced inanities and thoughtless vituperation.

If I were to descend to your level of analysing this issue with ethnic sentiment we know exactly who'll be left with a bloody nose.

You will be ignored henceforth as you obviously lack the capacity to add any substance to this topic.

NDPVF:
[s]You end up talking trash. Must ur us.eless Fulani brother generalize the crime committed by few,so as to drive home his brainless point?. In fact,why not mention the people doing it?. Last i checked, a particular tribe in Nigeria is known globally for credit card fraud,internet fraud,love scam and arraingee marriage. If am lying ask Tinubu.[/s]

NDPVF:
[s]keep living in stup!dity. I give no flying f*ck about this hell-hole of a country.am not concerned.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by NDPVF(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
fulanimafia:

grin

The agony of defeat.
keep living in stup!dity. I give no flying f*ck about this hell-hole of a country.am not concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic by fulanimafia: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
LadyExcellency:

If you are not among the criminals Buhari alluded to then nobody is except if you give us names.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Didn't Plug Gym Bike To Electric Socket While Demonstrating Fitness (Pix) / Why Can't Lagos State Govt Make ALLEN AVENUE Look Like This? / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.