Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? (24928 Views)

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by toyeanlawlah(f): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Yeah something like that

eeiiiii bros....... na ur gf? YES/NO. Which 1 na sumtin lyk d@... I dey suspect u o.abi u don dey deny d babe alredy ni? take ya tym o...... oya ansa d kwesion nw or else........ >:
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by TheHeGoat: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pheals:
[s]U will say "stop eating like goat now Darling[/s] cheesy

Lol joking !!! U didn't give full details man or woman? Older than u ir younger?

Do u eat together ?

Is the person close to u ,in what way? Lot to ask joor
Now listen, u mumbo dumbo! Only dogs make the most irritating slurping noise when they eat because they're what they are - DOGS!!! Goats are exceptionally quiet animals when it's time to eat. They eat silently without disturbing anybody
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by GANJAFARMER: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?
Well, you can always wake her up in the middle of the night and talk to her and tell her how it irritates you. But again , on a second thought that stuff shouldn't bother you if you truly love her.

When you love people things like this becomes fun and something you joke about and laugh about it .
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by shilz(f): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
You are not alone, but I don't know how to hide my feeling I will tell the person..
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by therapistmrs: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
There 's no easy way out really.just tell her in a gentle manner that she makes noise while eating and show how to eat appropriately.

therapistmrs. . com
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by modestdude(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?
I think this will help. When next you are eating together probably one sweet Ogbono or Okro soup, use your phone recorder to record the sounds/slurping noises. Then play it back to her so that she can understand how irritating the sound can be in the presence of guests or in public. While at it, appeal to her reasoning faculty by adding that its unclassy for a lady to be exhibiting such. Remind her that its out of love that you are showing concern which others might not tell her. Trust me, she will be amused to hear the sound and at the same time think deeply about it

Thank you for thanking me in advance coz I see change happening before buhari's change
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by lomprico(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

It kinda sounds insulting to say such to even a younger person, this person in particular is someone I love so I'll have to be really stupid to call her a goat don't you think so? Thanks anyway
If you love here then u should be free enough to tell her straight up! But jokinly anoyinly (if u know what I mean) eg "abeg wetin be all this cham, cham, cham evri time u dey chop? Stop am jor!".
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Richy4(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Just ask her if she mixed the food with gavel grin grin

Just kidding.... every one in the world has one annoying habit or another but if you love the person enough, it could be over looked....

Like me, I can't stand any one that snores ... but it could be over looked with love...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by modestdude(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by pbs4real(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol.. As long as the nostrils are functioning properly, then they should know.
op u neat? Cos i have phobia for dirty galzcheesytongue
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by sinistermind(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
ermmm.. like this "hey baby, you make annoying sounds while eating and it is very annoying and creeps me out, please just eat like a normal person but i still love you sha".... Nothing beats been blunt to the teeth.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Seventeen(f): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
honestly if u guyz are close like u said u were, telling her shouldnt be a problem. If u are finding it difficult to point it out, then u guyz arent that close. Just politely let her know about it, be sensitive in ur choice of words. Truly if this is a close friend like u said, she shouldnt be that hurt. Mnwhile.... Bear in mind that in true friendship, sometimes we just have to tolerate certain habits. My hubby is a nose picker, (only wen we are alone though) i hate that thing with a passion, i have politely made it known a zillion times and begged him to do it in private, but the guy picks his nose anywayz. We go just de gist, he go just de look me de pick eem thing. I hv learned to live with it. Am sure there are certain habits of mine he has also overlooked. Thats life for u. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Lagbodos1: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lol, my babe does that and I just tell her straight to stop chewing like that cos is embarrassing I don't say it rudely or say it in a way that will get her hurt

All I do is babe stop chewing like that period and she don't get angry
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by iswallker(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Risky issue.

I've been with someone who eats and opens his mouth so you see everything he is eating inside the mouth.

I couldn't tell him. I'd just look away when he's eating.

I was worried I'd offend him.

Re u sure he won't eat you up one day...person wen dey eat dey open mouth like lion...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by HIPROFILE(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

It kinda sounds insulting to say such to even a younger person, this person in particular is someone I love so I'll have to be really stupid to call her a goat don't you think so? Thanks anyway

for me and ma fiance it's no big deal correcting each other directly as far as it's nat in public sometimes sef we yab ourselves yell at each other and laugh along we also correct ourselves while we play. it's all about love it's all about understanding...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Maybe this feeling is a Taurus thing!! I hate it too!!! undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by stonecoldcafe: 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Very simple, one day as you guys are eating, pause for some seconds and allow her carry on with her bad habit. Then suddenly ask (IN AN AMUSED TONE) why do you do that?

"Do what?" She would ask.

Then in a loving tone simply correct her.

NB: my room mate had bad eating habits then. I managed for sooooooo long until one day I suddenly lashed out "why do you do that?"

"Do what?" the person asked.

"Go ahhhhhhhhh after every mouthfull"

"Cos the food is sweet"

"I understand but its a bad habit"

And that was the last time that room mate ate like that in my prescence. So op tell her! You owe it to her whether you end up with her or not.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Chidoks(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Blyzz:
O Na own with public self. as the public go recognize u for chewing well or eating in a right manner. Abeg just tell him openly. pls have u ever notice the sound wen u chew, there u cud go ahead with d tutorial and discussion!! easy, right??
Hian!!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Empiree: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
@taurus21

PresVA:
Do it in a funny way and she'll get the message. .. [size=20pt]you can mimic her[/size]..

Do The Bolded Part Consciously When You Are Eating And She Is By Your Side And See How She Reacts.

If She Dislikes It, Put Your Foot Down (Tell Her As It Is). She Will Get The Picture.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by oodua1stson: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
believe me, bro. The problem is with you, not her

When the sound of someone eating upsets you its a kind of mental disorder (I'm very serious ).

They call the disorder misophonia.

Get mental help bro

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by StepTwo: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
OP, stop to d give her Amala and Ewedu all d time.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by sonofthunder: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
sankky:
OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUHARI #3

Dear Sir,

BETWEEN US, WHO IS A CRIMINAL?

It is with utter dismay and unfeigned consternation that I wish to succinctly albeit humbly, express my displeasure and disappointment at your constant ridiculing of your countrymen and your obvious disdain of them.
Your derogation of their personae before the international community has sadly become an embarrassing characteristic of your maladministration, and by extension exposes the insecurity and low esteem you have of yourself.
Isn't it sad, Mr President, that you cower behind the tattered cloak of blames to hide your inefficiency?
There's an adage that says that when you point a finger at someone, the remaining four fingers point back at you.
Whoever comes to equity should come with clean hands.
This rule of nature, you have failed!

Mr President, in light of your recent character defaming statement before the international community, I'm forced to remind you of your disgraceful and crime tainted antecedents.
I humbly ask Mr President, between you and I, who is a criminal?

---Who crated Umaru Dikko with the help of an Israeli anaesthesiologist and attempted to smuggle him into Nigeria, but was caught at Heathrow Airport?
---In 1984, under whose watch did the Emir of Gwandu enter into Nigeria with 53 suitcases whose contents where unknown till date, after the borders were closed?
---Who married a 9 year old as a wife?
Between us, who is a paedophile and who is guilty of child abuse?
---Why did a trustee member of PTF, Captain Usman Jibril resign under your chairmanship?
---Who gave his brother-in-law's company, Ahmed Salihijo, contract to take decisions for PTF under his chairmanship?
Who employed his relatives as PTF consultants?
---What happened to our $2.8 billion (currently valued at over N650 billion) under your watch as PTF chairman?
How did our money disappear under your watch till date?
---Can you give sound reasons for your reluctance to probe Halliburton scandal?
I assume that when you said Nigerians are criminals, that included your wife?
Could it be that you suffer selective amnesia in your anti-graft war with regards to Halliburton scandal because your wife is implicated?
---Who lied about his certificate?
Where is your certificate Mr President?
---Who had only 150 cows and N1 million, yet bought presidential form of N27 million?
---Who declared assets of only 150 cows and N1 million before elections, and after elections, declared assets of N30 million in U.B.A and a palatial home in Abuja valued at N2 billion?
---Can you give account of your stewardship and missing monies when you were NNPC chairman?
---Who declared Nigeria broke, yet budgeted billions of Naira for purchase of new vehicles for Aso Rock?
---Who declared Nigeria broke and promised economic diversification, yet signed the release of N40 billion for oil exploration in the north?
---Under whose watch did our budget go missing?
---Who presented a budget that failed integrity test in the legislative house?
Mr President, can a person of this questionable antecedents claim to be a saint?
Isn't it a shame that a person with such embarrassing and disgraceful portmanteau is a president?
What moral justification does a president with such repugnant, repulsive and abhorrent pedigree have to point fingers at regular hardworking Nigerians and call them criminals?

Mr President,
I am Lawrencia Chioma.
I am a graduate with sound certificate.
I am a Linguist.
I am a communication expert.
I work with an Insurance company.
I am a writer.
I read, research and think as a hobby.
I earn my wage.
I work hard for every dime.
I have a clean slate.

Between us Sir, who is a criminal?

I'll be back!!

Lawrencia Chioma is the original writer of this post!! Any other person claiming originality of this post has committed plagiarism!! Let's respect our intellectual works and stop behaving like criminals that Buhari called us!!
are you Lawrencia Chioma??
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by ShakurM(m): 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:
It shouldn't be so difficult.... At least u're not telling her she's got bad breath or a smelling V-jay jay.. Just go ahead and tell her, simple! ... Whether or not she feels bad about it.. She should naturally not be offended.

Try to be polite about it, though.. cheesy
Olivia,How's you? I don't have a problem telling people what I like and don't like about them sha cool
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Larryfest(m): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lol..... dat awkward moment wen u say to her 'babe ar u eating spanner,nuts and screwdrivers'? Or y do u always sound like a gabage disposal?
Vry bad habit frm childhood
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by modestdude(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
tchidi:

Maybe this feeling is a Taurus thing!! I hate it too!!! undecided embarassed embarassed
Same here, am a Taurus-May1st and I hate that habit.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Boeing777pilot: 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Send her anonymous text messages.
Continuously.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Boeing777pilot: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
oodua1stson:
believe me, bro. The problem is with you, not her

When the sound of someone eating upsets you its a kind of mental disorder (I'm very serious ).

They call the disorder misophonia.

Get mental help bro

Not true.
The person in question didn't learn good eating habits during childhood and unless you probably chew noisily while eating like a goat chewing the cud, it's frankly very annoying hearing those irritating sounds when someone is eating.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by SolexxBarry(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tell her politely and she will even love u more for it
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Comanche(f): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
I have an aversion for that disgusting sound.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by kannyluv(f): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
hmmm dis is serious
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chidoks:
Hian!!
Which one be Hian again nah. i non understand this slang oh!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Reference(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

Which kind of love is that. That you cannot tell the truth....even in a light-hearted manner. You certainly donot love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.