Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,364 members, 7,780,997 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:12 AM

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? (24899 Views)

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by taurus21: 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
oodua1stson:
believe me, bro. The problem is with you, not her

When the sound of someone eating upsets you its a kind of mental disorder (I'm very serious ).

They call the disorder misophonia.

Get mental help bro

I've gone through most the advice from nairalanders but I just couldn't ignore yours because it sounded ridiculous and absurd. Tell me if you can withstand the sound of grinding machine constantly close your ears? Hearing chewing or slurping sounds makes concentration tough for me.

And bro I'm no kolomental, I don't need any mental help

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Pheals(f): 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
TheHeGoat:

Now listen, u mumbo dumbo! Only dogs make the most irritating slurping noise when they eat because they're what they are - DOGS!!! Goats are exceptionally quiet animals when it's time to eat. They eat silently without disturbing anybody
u study animals +--u leave in the same pen with them
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Reference(m): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Risky issue.

I've been with someone who eats and opens his mouth so you see everything he is eating inside the mouth.

I couldn't tell him. I'd just look away when he's eating.

I was worried I'd offend him.

hmmm....we've had a goat, now what other creature eats with its mouth open....baboon, horse, camel or if you don't like animals you can say, 'my boo I know you are a great engineer but you must take longer vacations as you're beginning to eat like your concrete mixer.....
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by AfroKnight: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
I read somewhere that if you are offended by the sound of another person eating or drinking, then you have a kind of mental illness.

Immediately I started to appreciate people who eat loudly. Who knows?Maybe it will cure the mental tins. grin
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by BrownCookie(f): 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
Aren't you such a darling

I once dated someone who will shout & scold me for chewing food to his hearing & will tell me to stop eating that way or leave his presence.

I always lose my appetite after such reprimand.

Anyways,tell her about it in a manner that she will understand it is bcs u care not because it offends you.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Whenever u r eating togeda u2 shld mk dsame sound n pretend as if itz unintentional,wit ds she wil realise her weakness n adjust
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Wangxiao(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Goldenboy007:
Look for an article on Internet on table manners or eating manners, sit with the person and pretend that you are trying to teach yourself from that article...jokingly tell the person that many people don't eat right including youself.
I have a beautiful lady friend that has slight mouth odour, I always walk around with this mint gum, I take one myself and give her one then tell her my mouth smells if I close it for too long. After a while she started buying the mint and offering me one then she takes one. Problem solved
one word for ya... Yu r fvcking "genius"
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Wangxiao(m): 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Goldenboy007:
Look for an article on Internet on table manners or eating manners, sit with the person and pretend that you are trying to teach yourself from that article...jokingly tell the person that many people don't eat right including youself.
I have a beautiful lady friend that has slight mouth odour, I always walk around with this mint gum, I take one myself and give her one then tell her my mouth smells if I close it for too long. After a while she started buying the mint and offering me one then she takes one. Problem solved
one word for ya... Yu r a fvcking "genius"
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by eminent007(m): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?

Tell her the way you just told us. Chikenah.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by AmazonKindle: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:

It kinda sounds insulting to say such to even a younger person, this person in particular is someone I love so I'll have to be really stupid to call her a goat don't you think so? Thanks anyway

just tell the person you don't like the way he or she eat,that she or he make too much noise while eating. don't gnash it,don't smile,don't laugh...start by saying there is something important I want to tell you.

if she or he gets angry start mimicking he or she.....if you allow love to blind you nah you sabi.

don't tell me you are woman wrapped ooo
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by ril19(m): 11:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Risky issue.

I've been with someone who eats and opens his mouth so you see everything he is eating inside the mouth.

I couldn't tell him. I'd just look away when he's eating.

I was worried I'd offend him.

gringrin I'm still cracking my a.ss out over your comment and it's past 11pm. i wish i can give you at least 11 likes all by myself. gringrin
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
ShakurM:
Olivia,How's you? I don't have a problem telling people what I like and don't like about them sha cool

Yea, it's good to be able to be totally honest with others... But we also know that, the truth about certain things hurts . This is why ppl find it difficult telling others some things about them.

BTW, I'm good.. cheesy.. How u, too?
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by E383: 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Yea, it's good to be able to be totally honest with others... But we also know that, the truth about certain things hurts . This is why ppl find it difficult telling others some things about them.

Olivia Pope
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
E383:

Olivia Pope

cheesy..Hawayu?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by E383: 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy..Hawayu?

Ayamufyn, how about yo!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
modestdude:
Same here, am a Taurus-May1st and I hate that habit.

My own may 1st? shocked shocked. Yay!!!!!!
#hugs. Birthday mate...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by bbjummy: 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
I had similar problem with my hubby way back then. Sometimes, I'd run away from the scene. Really, when I couldn't contain it any longer, I'd asked him to tell me how my chewing sounds to his hearing and he said he heard nothing, when it was his turn for me to listen I'd told him how irritating his sounded and I spontaneously asked him to close his mouth tightly and chew gradually that no one was chasing him. We both laughed over it and that was how he kept it into practice until he got use to it. Try that out n thk me later.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Bigtoto(f): 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
taurus21:
Chewing and slurping noises gets me really angry and someone close to me is guilty of this habit and not aware that I can't stand it. Now the problem is, how do I tell the person without hurting her feelings? And is there any chance that this habit be can stopped?
fart while eating too.

Or just scream at her and say, 'STOP EATING LIKE A PIG NAH!!!'
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by pbs4real(m): 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy..Hawayu?
pope
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by pbs4real(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
tchidi:

My own may 1st? shocked shocked. Yay!!!!!! #hugs. Birthday mate...
taurus also. . .april 25.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by ShakurM(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I can't agree more. Let's just say I'm a life coach in that regards. I'm very fine o, long time you no get sub? tongue
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by brownsug(f): 12:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Good points

kilokeys:
Eat and make worse sounds than she is making
While u are Staring into her eyes..

Then if she stops... U stop..

If she continues.. U continue

If she doesn't get the message.. Then it's not her fault..

Brain damage

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by ernecy(m): 12:12am On Feb 09, 2016
Jus send her an email, if you don't have NIPOST around ur area. No need to thank me, you are welcome
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by smileysmiley(f): 12:23am On Feb 09, 2016
you could ask her what she doesn't like about you and wants you to correct and then you in return will tell her what you want her to correct too... shikena... find how to input it in your discussion without it being suspicious

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by OCTAVO: 12:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Say it exactly the way it is!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by XaintJoel20: 12:54am On Feb 09, 2016
taurus21:

Yeah something like that
Which one is "something like that" Are you ashamed of your girlfriend... If you are ashamed of her bros no vex, pass her to me. I need one urgently...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 09, 2016
Goldenboy007:
This is really good advice.
What is detailed here is how to train a human being to do your bidding. Wise people would know how to fine tune this solution to any context they face in relationships.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Empedocles(m): 3:43am On Feb 09, 2016
You could do it tru watsapp,after prolly few days of not seeing each other,U send something like
Bae I miss u so much d house as been too quiet since u left,no one to chew and slurp,.......lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by modestdude(m): 3:50am On Feb 09, 2016
tchidi:

My own may 1st? shocked shocked. Yay!!!!!!
#hugs. Birthday mate...
Hugs her excitedly kiss Where have u been? Been searching for any Birthday mate in every 'declare- your- birthday' thread. smiley Good to Know am not alone twin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by DedeNkem: 5:17am On Feb 09, 2016
Tell the person politely.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by wabbyland(m): 7:19am On Feb 09, 2016
My gf does eat like this but every time she sees me frown at her or I stop eating, na to to apologize. It's something that most people have unconsciously gotten addicted to and thereby making it difficult to stop at a matured age. Frown at her or talk and advise her to stop eating like that cos only dogs and goats eat in that manner.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Do't tell her o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Affordable 3D Wallpaper @3000 per roll / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? / Short Men MAKE Better Husbands Than Tall Ones –study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.