Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal (20253 Views)

Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? / Innoson Roles Out Made In Nigeria Cars For Middle Class, Low Income Earners. / Why You Need A Rear Wheel Cars Not These Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by lilygabriel08: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
make una come see enemy of progress oooo
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by khassy(m): 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan had more than five years to turn around things but......... embarassed

But stvpid and dumb political affiliations who knew they wouldn't get any "chop money " decided to use propaganda and lies to brianwash dumb niccurs like you into voting him out and voting in the kunu-sipping, cow-rustling hediot to further plunge the economy into more financial crisis angry angry

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by jonathanOz: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innoson_Vehicle_Manufacturing
Innoson manufactures cars. 70% of the process is done locally while 30% is imported. Get that into your skull okijajuju AKA madcow1

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by lilreese: 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria doesn't need to manufactured cars right now
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
demarc001:
Now this is the truth told. Assembled in Nigeria is not Made in Nigeria!

all of you need to stop this silly argument

BMW, Land Rover, Nissan, they are all assembly plants. The parts used for their cars are manufactured by other companies sometimes half way round the world!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by legendte(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
Igbos are always the target in furnishing bad economic policies. Tribal lines has and will continue to create set backs in Nigeria. Obasanjo did it to Ibeto. North and west are always afraid of the entrepreneurial prowess of the East without knowing that everyone stands to benefit. Bring up a good and inclusive policy and Igbos will turn Nigeria to Japan. I am PRO-IGBO, I am Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by jnichole(m): 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
opeyemta:
Have been with them for months now. They are 100% genuine and safe to invest in
how is their profit plan i just registered now.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by grandstar(m): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
The country has comparatuive advantage manufacturing cars. Chasing after the wind!
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Innoson Assembles cars.. They dont make them.

#FACT!

tell me any car manufacturer who you think make all the parts they use for assembly?

If you know anything about manufacturing then you will realise it is impossible to own all of the processes that make the parts that go into a car.

the car body made by metal stamping just can not exist within the same production line with car plastic bumpers made out of injection moulding, or the metal castings used for the engine nor the vulcanised rubber which makes the tyre. the list goes on and on
this is also not including the tailoring for the hides used for chair seats nor even the electrical wires used in electrical systems

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by igwe123: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Laffing at the useless zoo govt, do we care?? let them go and bring oyibos before they agree its made in nigeria, we making cars before their oyibos arrive, that they faileed to acknoledge that is their business
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by megaweight(m): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Stupidity is when someone thinks that a manufacturer make all the car component in the same company. Innoson is making cars period.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by oforij(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Clone2020:

Africa is the next Frontier as greedy investors would flock in to establish companies all in an effort to tap into the cheap labor.
this will only be a reality when the government has put in place laws that will favour the companies and they should lead by example by using made in 9ja cars.
Finally, they should be awareness through advertisement from renown media houses like cnn, channels tv, bbc e.t.c
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by igwe123: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Naaa.. By your assumption, Peugeot 504's and 505's vehicles that were assembled by Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) in Kaduna can be considered to be Made in Nigeria vehicles as well na.

grin

Go get a Brain.
Peugeot is a French company, PAN kaduna assemble their products and therefore cannot give a different name. If Innoson assembled for other company it would not put Innoson on it

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by mployer(m): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Innoson Assembles cars.. They dont make them.

#FACT!

All the parts of a car are Never made in one place.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by DerKaiser: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

You are just wasting your time bro

They will argue with you so blindly

Most of these IPOB youths are illiterates

It seems the illiterate one is you actually.

Most of you are beyond redemption honestly.

Every car maker is a vehicle assembly plant and any car assembled by them is branded with the term "made in 'insert country where it was assembled'"

Otherwise every car on earth would be plastered with "made in...." stickers of every single component that was
used in assembling that car which is often sourced from different corners of the world.

So when Volkswagen builds the Carrosserie of Lamborghinis, then Lamborghinis should be called made in Germany? Or when McLaren builds a super car using an engine provided by Mercedes, it should not be called made in Britain anymore?

Damn. Most of you lack common sense and argue blindly unnecessarily.

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
ITbomb:

Peugeot cars then were clearly marked "Made in Nigeria"
Most manufacturers get parts from core component manufacturers and assembly, that is why they prefer to stay in an industrial complex where they rely on each other

Lol.. I am a Motorhaed. I love cars and get you clearly. BUT YOU HAVE IT GREATLY MIXED UP.

Vehicles don't just exist in a vacuum.

To build a Car, you must first design the following;

1. Engine & Drivetrain: Considering how much power the engine would produce, the emission, the fuel consumption, brake horsepower, Gear system (Flappy panel, stick shift, stick Auto), brake system (ceramics, fibre, asbestos, e.t.c), e.t.c.

2. Body: The style, design, aerodynamics, e.t.c. This includes the shape of the light, the wipers, e.t.c.

3. The Chasis.. Strength of materials, design of the structure, material to be used in building the structure, weight analysis, e.t.c.

.... Plenty plenty things.

Now after the design, you send the individual parts to other companies that specialize in making these individual parts. They then mass produce and send to the Company who then assembles all these parts to make a whole. But this does not take away the fact that the Vehicle was designed and made by the Country that designed it.

Nigeria is into the Business of assembling Cars. PAN, INNOSON and co.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
igwe123:

Peugeot is a French company, PAN kaduna assemble their products and therefore cannot give a different name. If Innoson assembled for other company it would not put Innoson on it

Sadly not true..

Lets play a Game... Spot the difference.. grin

Below are two cars... 1 is Innosson, the Other is a Chinese Company called Gonow.

Which is Innoson and Which is Gonow?! grin

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Oertiez911: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
It means one thing then.... Ban the importation of fast cars... which is one thing that will never happen.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by 989900: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
megaweight:
Stupidity is when someone thinks that a manufacturer make all the car component in the same company. Innoson is making cars period.

It's some moot/grey point sorta. Even aircraft manufacturers employ different companies e.g. Roll Royce designs most of the engines in Boeing aircraft.

I think we first need to define what qualifies a company as an 'established car manufacturer'

I guess 2 basic things:

1. You must be largely, if not entirely responsible for the design and engineering of your own engine (ironically, not true for all cases, but largely true for giant car manufacturers)

2. Have a full-fledged R & D presence (true for all cases).

Meanwhile the links below are quite informative.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=68121

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120303080638AA0274m

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1493943

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
jonathanOz:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innoson_Vehicle_Manufacturing
Innoson manufactures cars. 70% of the process is done locally while 30% is imported. Get that into your skull okijajuju AKA madcow1

70%..

What and what constitutes 70% my friend.

Its not just about throwing figures around.. The components that make up a Car can be listed.. Show us the Local Content parts and the imported parts.. grin

I am not knocking his (Inossons) hussle, but please stop trying to convince me that a Chrysler 300 is a Bentley. grin

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
The attempt to make a distinction between assembly and manufacture of cars is also as ignorant as they come

The assembly process in itself is also a type of manufacturing process!!! Some of the assembly process that goes on in a typical car assembly plant are Welding, Riveting, . .. . . these things in themselves require skill and engineering.

So I am really at loss when folks who just have no clue make these debates

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Oertiez911: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
It means one thing then... ban the importation of fast cars. But with budget for cars for legislators at 30 billion, it is indeed a pipe dream
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by 989900: 4:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Like I mentioned earlier, the major objective of the National Automotive Industry Development Plan was to bring back the completely knocked down (CKD) automotive assembly and to develop local content. The response to the policy so far has exceeded our expectations, the current status of implementation of the policy is that the 14 existing assembly plants have started assembling new products (cars, SUVs, buses, pick-up trucks) since last year.

These plants include the VON Nigeria Limited, PAN Nigeria Limited, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Nigeria Limited, ANAMMCO Nigeria Limited, Leyland-Busan Nigeria Limited, NTM Nigeria Limited, and Steyr Nigeria Limited.

Nissan, VW, Hyundai, Kia, Honda cars and SUVs, Shacman and MAN Trucks and Ashok Leyland buses are now assembled in Nigeria. Also 11 new companies, including Century Auto (Toyota), TATA, Coscharis Auto (FORD, Joylong, Dongfeng), Dana Motors (Renault), Globe Motors (Higer), Leventis (FOTON-Diamler), Kewalram Chanrai (GM, Mitsubishi) have been given bona-fide manufacturing status and are on track to start assembly operations this year.

The above is what he should be concentrating on; not trying to make people's lives difficult by higher tariffs on imported used cars (especially).
South Africa and other countries he referred to, all have a better transport system; inclusive of a better train network, and access to installment payment options.

How many Nigerians can afford new cars, in a country where you can hardly get installment payment option, or get them at ridiculous rates.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by emiye(m): 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
santuscom:
pls beware mtn charging customers above normal. They want to redeem the fine FG impose on them. I was charged N5.22 for just 2 seconds. Monitor ur balance.
I suspect you are on the 11k/sec package, but mtn deducts 5naira for your first call in the day. so i doubt if they charged you beyond normal, if you have been observant enough you should have noticed. Observe your first call tomorrow, you will be charged 5naira +(11k *number of seconds call you make)
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

You are just wasting your time bro

They will argue with you so blindly

Most of these IPOB youths are illiterates

Please answer this question.... JH-17 fighter jets that Nigeria want to buy from Pakistan... Has Russia made turbofan egine, Chinese avionics, Chinese fly wire, Chinese armaments, Chinese structure design, Italian radar system...... So with all this foreign components.... In your very over literate mind .... The world should discredit Pakistan of not been the producer of JH-17?

Listen JH-17 is produced by Pakistan period and that makes you more of an illiterate than the so called IPOB youths.

The problem with your likes is that you're a stack illiterate and you call others illiterate....

Advice get a life, Innoson motors did a bold step while others are busy looting our wealth since 1960.... His cars are good, out patronage,i bought one innoson SUV for my mom last November that I came to Nigeria and I can testify that its a good car

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by PEPPERified: 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
What is this dullard talking about?
Innoson motors IVM already represents Nigeria on the world map in vehicle manufacturing and exports.
wait till Innoson begin to make airplanes before ya eye clear.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Karinna(f): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
#Nigeriaiscorrupt If Nigeria is not corrupt why are the creative minds not encouraged by government all we do is consume foreign products

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Strong Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying A Dashboard Camera / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / Advice On Long Distance Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.