Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal (20236 Views)

Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? / Innoson Roles Out Made In Nigeria Cars For Middle Class, Low Income Earners. / Why You Need A Rear Wheel Cars Not These Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by tiwiex(m): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lordprez:
I don't get why this is news

when there is no steel/aluminium producing factory, we've got undertrained engineers and modelling n designing also isn't encouraged in Nigeria... did they expect the cars to fall from the sky in 2017?

I wish them luck sha... the future is bright

They should stop distracting us jare. We have not started making toothpicks. Our textile industry is in camatoose. We actually spend more Forex than the $3b quoted schooling in foreign lands. Like you said where is the steel? Ao ot ia even lower priority than fixing our schools. Other raw materials nko? Then power that is even causing problem just upped tarrif. Let's really ask ourselves. How may countries produce 80% or more of our passenger airplanes? Just two. Boeing in the US and Airbus in France. We don't need to produce cars and we will never produce cars. No be curse. There is no point and we lack the resources. If we didn't, then it would have happened since. Even Forex is not helping matters. Make this people no dey distract us jare.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by kobonaire(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Does Innosun
1) Design the car?
2) Design the engine?
3) Design the transmission?
This is what Mr Aminu Jalal is talking about.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Iroh88(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
Until they revive Ajaokuta steel, all these talks about an auto industry is as good as the talks for a lasting peace between Israel and Palestine.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
Are they nt igbo based company dat claims 2 manufacture dem undecided?how can u expect any invention dat comes out from a fraudy nd crimes act intensified region 2 b feasible.I wonder who will always believe any trash dat comes out from dat region cry

And if someone ask you ... You would say one Nigeria.... Imagine your comment... Does the comment sell out one Nigeria?

If they demand to leave your like in your good country and go their trashy new nation... You will fight to keep them.... Who is fooling who?

Imagine as you disrespected an entire region?... Do you feel good in doing this?

Nairaland is faceless but be made face-like forum if the need be.... You have to be careful......

This region is the only region that can take business risk.... Do you think that its easy to start car production or assembly? Why are you being so uncultured?

Our problem in Nigeria is that hate runs in us, and we trust the elite with with collar more than people who contributes to the nation....

Innosion might not be educated like you (that is if you are at cos it seems the opposite) and I, but today he has more than 10 companies to his name.

I wonder why we Nigerians can never be sincere.... Since 1960.... How many igbo man have ruled Nigeria?.... How many Yoruba? How many Hausa? ....and this is the state of our country.... Who is to blame?..... Maybe the north and west has at least 90% reason we are in a failed state.

Change your ways.... #peace

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Biafrarep(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
princejayboss:

Please answer this question.... JH-17 fighter jets that Nigeria want to buy from Pakistan... Has Russia made turbofan egine, Chinese avionics, Chinese fly wire, Chinese armaments, Chinese structure design, Italian radar system...... So with all this foreign components.... In your very over literate mind .... The world should discredit Pakistan of not been the producer of JH-17?

Listen JH-17 is produced by Pakistan period and that makes you more of an illiterate than the so called IPOB youths.

The problem with your likes is that you're a stack illiterate and you call others illiterate....

Advice get a life, Innoson motors did a bold step while others are busy looting our wealth since 1960.... His cars are good, out patronage,i bought one innoson SUV for my mom last November that I came to Nigeria and I can testify that its a good car

Its such a pity, the illiteracy & stupidity found here is mind boggling, pls ignore them! God Bless Innoson
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by NubianX: 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
I agree with you. But, while they may greedily give in to their selfish cravings at seeking for cheap labor in 9ja - thereby relegating their own national interest at bay, they would inadvertently be placing the GOLD at our feet...just like the US investors helped in making China great.

I feel we would even move faster than China if we can just understand what it takes cos we have more energetic youths in 9ja than any where in the world!

Clone2020:
Watch out China, Nigeria will soon take your manufacturing jobs now your average worker demands a higher income and better Living standards.

Africa is the next Frontier as greedy investors would flock in to establish companies all in an effort to tap into the cheap labor.

Proudly Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Biafrarep(m): 4:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
tiwiex:

They should stop distracting us jare. We have not started making toothpicks. Our textile industry is in camatoose. We actually spend more Forex than the $3b quoted schooling in foreign lands. Like you said where is the steel? Ao ot ia even lower priority than fixing our schools. Other raw materials nko? Then power that is even causing problem just upped tarrif. Let's really ask ourselves. How may countries produce 80% or more of our passenger airplanes? Just two. Boeing in the US and Airbus in France. We don't need to produce cars and we will never produce cars. No be curse. There is no point and we lack the resources. If we didn't, then it would have happened since. Even Forex is not helping matters. Make this people no dey distract us jare.
Read again, there are 4 steel companies producing slab sheets of steel in Nigeria. Ajaokuta Is not the only steel complex in Nigeria.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Clone2020(m): 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
NubianX:
I agree with you. But, while they may greedily give in to their selfish cravings at seeking for cheap labor in 9ja - thereby relegating their own national interest at bay, they would inadvertently be placing the GOLD at our feet...just like the US investors helped in making China great.

I feel we would even move faster than China if we can just understand what it takes cos we have more energetic youths in 9ja than any where in the world!

You are right about that
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Biafrarep:
Its such a pity, the illiteracy & stupidity found here is mind boggling, pls ignore them! God Bless Innoson

The way we think is crazy.... Imagine in this 21 century will someone say that because maybe you don't manufacture the engine that you are not the producer of the care, which means every car on this earth will be assembled car.... Cos each does have external components..

Although I blame the poor state of our universities.... We produce alot of garbage in Nigeria.... In the name of university graduates
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

You are just wasting your time bro

They will argue with you so blindly

Most of these IPOB youths are illiterates

They think making cars is like assembling legos

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by sagio09: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
princejayboss:

And if someone ask you ... You would say one Nigeria.... Imagine your comment... Does the comment sell out one Nigeria?

If they demand to leave your like in your good country and go their trashy new nation... You will fight to keep them.... Who is fooling who?

Imagine as you disrespected an entire region?... Do you feel good in doing this?

Nairaland is faceless but be made face-like forum if the need be.... You have to be careful......

This region is the only region that can take business risk.... Do you think that its easy to start car production or assembly? Why are you being so uncultured?

Our problem in Nigeria is that hate runs in us, and we trust the elite with with collar more than people who contributes to the nation....

Innosion might not be educated like you (that is if you are at cos it seems the opposite) and I, but today he has more than 10 companies to his name.

I wonder why we Nigerians can never be sincere.... Since 1960.... How many igbo man have ruled Nigeria?.... How many Yoruba? How many Hausa? ....and this is the state of our country.... Who is to blame?..... Maybe the north and west has at least 90% reason we are in a failed state.

Change your ways.... #peace
10x 4 dix *sobbn cry*....den please dust off undecided
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
legendte:
Igbos are always the target in furnishing bad economic policies. Tribal lines has and will continue to create set backs in Nigeria. Obasanjo did it to Ibeto. North and west are always afraid of the entrepreneurial prowess of the East without knowing that everyone stands to benefit. Bring up a good and inclusive policy and Igbos will turn Nigeria to Japan. I am PRO-IGBO, I am Nigerian.

Well said... Every day we cry that we import every single thing.... How many times have the government bring up a policy that will reform Aba people can be naija china Or Onitsha people who can do anything?--- we don't produce weapon in Nigeria but awka people and oji-river people are busy molding guns like there is no tomorrow... Why not integrate them?

Nigeria will never be better if we don't delete this tribal barrier.... Never

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:

10x 4 dix *sobbn cry*....den please dust off undecided

What I said is the fact.... In your quiet time .. Think about it.... Nigerians should not direct anger to the igbos... Yes ..... Cos Yoruba and the Hausa have ruled for the 95% of the ruling period of the country...... Don't forget that this igbos fought war at their own backyard with their homes and businesses destroyed.... They lost all they had and started all over ... They lost three years of their lives yet they bounced back and can turn any dust into money......

So think about it
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by princejayboss: 4:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
krendo:

tell me any car manufacturer who you think make all the parts they use for assembly?

If you know anything about manufacturing then you will realise it is impossible to own all of the processes that make the parts that go into a car.

the car body made by metal stamping just can not exist within the same production line with car plastic bumpers made out of injection moulding, or the metal castings used for the engine nor the vulcanised rubber which makes the tyre. the list goes on and on
this is also not including the tailoring for the hides used for chair seats nor even the electrical wires used in electrical systems

Please educate that guy ....

Same reason I think our educational system need to be overhauled
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Mcowubaba: 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
alcmene:
Seems this man is oblivious of happenings around town undecided

Hasn't he heard or seen Innoson motors....or are they made in Agadez Niger republic

These haters wount stop at nothing to affirm that IVM doesn't manufacture cars locally
I Doubt that you read the write@ up properly undecided
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Biafrarep(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
princejayboss:

The way we think is crazy.... Imagine in this 21 century will someone say that because maybe you don't manufacture the engine that you are not the producer of the care, which means every car on this earth will be assembled car.... Cos each does have external components..

Although I blame the poor state of our universities.... We produce alot of garbage in Nigeria.... In the name of university graduates
Its really appaling, aside the issue of illiteracy, pull him down syndrome, gang up against Igbos & whatever they hold dear, hate is at the root of all these rubbish we encounter here everyday. Recently Ghana bought Innoson saloon cars for John Mahama presidential campaign but Buhari rather than patronizing Innoson choose to spend billions for the purchase of BMW cars!! The hate is real, from the top to the street. May God help us.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by OXYGEN01: 5:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Biafrarep:
Its really appaling, aside the issue of illiteracy, pull him down syndrome, gang up against Igbos & whatever they hold dear, hate is at the root of all these rubbish we encounter here everyday. Recently Ghana bought Innoson saloon cars for John Mahama presidential campaign but Buhari rather than patronizing Innoson choose to spend billions for the purchase of BMW cars!! The hate is real, from the top to the street. May God help us.
GHANA NEVER BOUGHT ANY INNOSON OR WHATEVER CAR.SAY WHAT UVE SEEN NOT RELY ON PROPAGANDER HEAR-SAY
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Biafrarep(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
OXYGEN01:
GHANA NEVER BOUGHT ANY INNOSON OR WHATEVER CAR.SAY WHAT UVE SEEN NOT RELY ON PROPAGANDER HEAR-SAY
Get your facts right, its not the first time Ghana is buying IVM. Innoson even has an office in Accra. What propaganda are you talking about?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by OXYGEN01: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
I think it will be better if you provide us with a link to backup your FALSE claims
Biafrarep:
Get your facts right, its not the first time Ghana is buying IVM. Innoson even has an office in Accra. What propaganda are you talking about?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by insecticide: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Innoson Assembles cars.. They dont make them.

#FACT!

You even have the time to educate the guy. His type will even believe there's a factory producing paper in Nigeria.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
insecticide:

You even have the time to educate the guy. His type will even believe there's a factory producing paper in Nigeria.

But there are many factories producing paper in Nigeria.

Or is it recycling they are doing? undecided
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by OXYGEN01: 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Innoson office in Accra ?hahahahahaha abeg stop dreaming.I tried googling for the office but found nothing.LOL JOKER.No body even knows of innoson or whatever.THERE'S NOTHING OF THAT SORT IN GHANA SO STOP CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY
Biafrarep:
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

#FACT!
No difference between assembling and manufacturing in the auto industry. BTW, 70% of Innoson car components are sourced within Naija
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by OXYGEN01: 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Exporting what to Ghana? U dey craze
donkripton:
But Innoson is producing Cars, Bus and exporting to Ghana.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by chigoizie7(m): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

#FACT!

Some people just hates good news.

Wiki mentioned Nigeria as one of the countries that manufacture motors, using IVM as reference.

So,bro, innoson is not just assembly plants,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by jonathanOz: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

70%..

What and what constitutes 70% my friend.

Its not just about throwing figures around.. The components that make up a Car can be listed.. Show us the Local Content parts and the imported parts.. grin

I am not knocking his (Inossons) hussle, but please stop trying to convince me that a Chrysler 300 is a Bentley. grin
I've always known Okija juju never to give up even when the truth is glaring, so lets leave trash for lawma.
About what you have in ur signature, what do you suggest we do about that section? Don't you think the DSS should be called to look into this injustice?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Topeakintola: 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
oyb:

They think making cars is like assembling legos

grin grin grin grin

Chai u people no go kill person with laugh

But u are right

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by tonychristopher: 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
realjoker:

http://leadership.ng/business/499210/made-nigeria-cars-not-feasible-2017-jalal

This is one of the nemesis of been lumped with simplitons and abokki in a country

I give up on Nigeria
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by insecticide: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

But there are many factories producing paper in Nigeria.

Or is it recycling they are doing? undecided

There are no paper making factories in Nigeria. All we have are recycling (converting) factories. It's very sad
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

You are just wasting your time bro

They will argue with you so blindly

Most of these IPOB youths are illiterates

If they are illiterates, then you are mentally handicap.

You and your foolish people argue out of hate and not facts.

Name one single automobile company that manufactures every single components/ parts in one plant.

Hate and envy will get you nowhere, they will only increase your blood pressure and cause heart attack or partial stroke which will eventually kill you.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Scholes007(m): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
IVM needs aggressive media exposure. Let them start advertising to keep some people's mouth... innoson produces its own tyres/tube. Most of the plastic components are done in nigeria by their plastic division emene enugu state. The parts like the interior furnishing are done in nigeria. Though the have not started designing their own car, they pay for every design they buy. The company has for donkey years been producing motorcycle and it's parts. Also their have gone into producing some elementry parts of motor car. Just encourage them not pull them down

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by don4real18(m): 7:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
alcmene:
Seems this man is oblivious of happenings around town undecided

Hasn't he heard or seen Innoson motors....or are they made in Agadez Niger republic

These haters wount stop at nothing to affirm that IVM doesn't manufacture cars locally
There is a big difference between ASSEMBLING and MANUFACTURING.....
And so you know, Innoson is not the first to engage in car assembling in Nigeria as Peugeot and Volkswagen also have their assembly plant here which I believe is no longer functional due to the poor performances of the power sector

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice On Long Distance Journey / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / Which Of The 134a car AC Gas brands is the Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.