Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal (20241 Views)

Anybody Knows Why Government Rejects Made In Nigeria Cars? / Innoson Roles Out Made In Nigeria Cars For Middle Class, Low Income Earners. / Why You Need A Rear Wheel Cars Not These Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by CHARLOE(m): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
@ scholes007, true talk. check out IVM saloon cars @ 2.5m
https://www.nairaland.com/2921254/proudly-nigerian-made-nigeria-saloon#42739860

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by realjoker(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
tonychristopher:

This is one of the nemesis of been lumped with simplitons and abokki in a country

I give up on Nigeria
meaning?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
jonathanOz:

I've always known Okija juju never to give up even when the truth is glaring, so lets leave trash for lawma.
About what you have in ur signature, what do you suggest we do about that section? Don't you think the DSS should be called to look into this injustice?

Lol..

Nwokem, your truth is far from the truth. grin But it's alright. Whatever makes us sleep better at night. Innoson is making money that's for sure. grin
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Scholes007(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
CHARLOE:
@ scholes007, true talk. check out IVM saloon cars @ 2.5m
https://www.nairaland.com/2921254/proudly-nigerian-made-nigeria-saloon#42739860
nice one. At least people should note that innoson is still a young company that is growing beyond my expectation.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Moneyhatesme(m): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:
Are they nt igbo based company dat claims 2 manufacture dem undecided?how can u expect any invention dat comes out from a fraudy nd crimes act intensified region 2 b feasible.I wonder who will always believe any trash dat comes out from dat region cry
Ezi
Which one ur papa n grandpapa don produce?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by IGBOPRINCE: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

They do not manufacture cars, they assemble them

They do not have that capability yet

talking as if you have being there to confirm it ? Abeg say what you know..
donkripton:
But Innoson is producing Cars, Bus and exporting to Ghana.
yes they produced and manufacture cars,bus and also export it..
No mind bad belle people. I know they re happy that this ignorant man spoke out of ignorance grin
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Scholes007(m): 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
talking as if you have being there to confirm it ? Abeg say what you know..
yes they produced and manufacture cars,bus and also export it..
No mind bad belle people. I know they re happy that this ignorant man spoke out of ignorance grin
it is shameful that people in lagos prefer pull down syndrome. When i was telling some one that the largest scrap recycling steel factory in west africa is in aba, he started calling names out of ignorance. To them If something is found outside sw it fake/fraud. Example Companies like naya (a subsidiary of slok group) have been exporting iron ingot for some years now but ignorant people don't know. Hongxing steel has their largest scrap recycling plant in aba but most of them don't know. The largest nigeria brewery plant is in enugu. Most companies that wants to survive are now moving east but most of them don't know. All the will ask you is where is their head quarters? But will be quick to forget that companies like hongxing has their head quarters in lagos but largest factory in se. This is same with nigeria brewerys, pepsi, coca cola etc.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Pavarottii(m): 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Jonathan had more than five years to turn around things but......... embarassed
Is Jonathan the only person that has ruled Naija. Abeg guy just go and sleep. This is becoming irritating. Is Buhari not the president? Wat has he done since he came onboard?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by sagio09: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Moneyhatesme:
Ezi
Which one ur papa n grandpapa don produce?
d one wey ur papa dey ride sad.....As in case,don mention me anymore cox I'll jst assume u're an intensified low life,hence ignoring you undecided
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Moneyhatesme(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
sagio09:

d one wey ur papa dey ride sad.....As in case,don mention me anymore cox I'll jst assume u're an intensified low life,hence ignoring you undecided
At least i got a life, walking zombie. Na ontop igbo matter u go die. Ezi..
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by IGBOPRINCE: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Scholes007:
it is shameful that people in lagos prefer pull down syndrome. When i was telling some one that the largest scrap recycling steel factory in west africa is in aba, he started calling names out of ignorance. To them If something is found outside sw it fake/fraud. Example Companies like naya (a subsidiary of slok group) have been exporting iron ingot for some years now but ignorant people don't know. Hongxing steel has their largest scrap recycling plant in aba but most of them don't know. The largest nigeria brewery plant is in enugu. Most companies that wants to survive are now moving east but most of them don't know. All the will ask you is where is their head quarters? But will be quick to forget that companies like hongxing has their head quarters in lagos but largest factory in se. This is same with nigeria brewerys, pepsi, coca cola etc.
this re the reason I respect this quote
read..
the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

Augustine of hippo
My problem with them is that they don't travel. They only feels the headquarters of all companies ends in lagos and there re no good places they can built such companies except lagos state.
Sometime when they said west is calm and comfortable for businesses and companies. I just laugh cos they re only referring to lagos state alone. Only in lagos you will find such companies situated but not in other states like osun, oyo and ekiti etc. Those company's owners can never think of going to other states in the west except lagos cos they know if they try other state in the west like oyo,ondo,osun and ekiti etc, their company's branch will just collapsed. These companies will rather have their headquarters in lagos but they will build a giant industries/companies in the east like enugu or aba to make it look like headquarters too.
eg Guinness,shoprite etc
Bro,
The best thing for you to do atimes is just to ignored them after educating them and curing their ignorance. That s why we re here to defends our territory and to cure their ignorance and foolishness.

God is with us.cool

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by 2n2k(m): 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Who copied who between GAC of China and Innoson of Nigeria? Only one of them can lay claim to the design patent.

Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Dan42(m): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2016
timilehin007:
It's well o.
even inside the well.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 09, 2016
BedLam:
If I go by your assumption, it means every car maker is an assembler. Because they get parts from other makers including engines too. Get sense !

ITK no good
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by kenebill: 6:12am On Feb 09, 2016
Stop arguing, visit innoson company and be the jugde.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Jerryike12(m): 7:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Nigeria is a place were peoples dreams are squashed
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by urchmanx(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2016
MadCow1:

Naaa.. By your assumption, Peugeot 504's and 505's vehicles that were assembled by Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) in Kaduna can be considered to be Made in Nigeria vehicles as well na.
Yes the not considered the are marked and printed MADE IN NIGERIA. You can go close to one if you didn't own one and see if it's written made in Nigeria. Mercedes and VW have assembly plant in the USA but the parts comes from Germany except some line. Malaysia local cars are their pride. But the engine and parts are made by Mitsubishi. Boeing and Airbus are just assembly lines. No car or aircraft manufactures cars in the manner you are thinking. The are all assembly line.

grin

Go get a Brain.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 10:16am On Feb 09, 2016
urchmanx:
Yes the not considered the are marked and printed MADE IN NIGERIA. You can go close to one if you didn't own one and see if it's written made in Nigeria. Mercedes and VW have assembly plant in the USA but the parts comes from Germany except some line. Malaysia local cars are their pride. But the engine and parts are made by Mitsubishi. Boeing and Airbus are just assembly lines. No car or aircraft manufactures cars in the manner you are thinking. The are all assembly line.

What Manner am I thinking? grin

So you are saying that Mitsubishi just makes engines and keep and wait for someone else to buy it and put inside another whip? grin

Seriously!!

Boeing, designs, engineers and makes the blueprint of the aircraft.. Fabricating the parts are left to others to do according to the specs DESIGNED and AUTHORIZED by Boeing.

Nigeria makes brake pads, but we did not design the brake pads. We simply just made it according to the specs of the company that owns the patent design for the car. That does not make the car that would use the brake pad Nigerian.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by urchmanx(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2016
MadCow1:

What Manner am I thinking? grin

So you are saying that Mitsubishi just makes engines and keep and wait for someone else to buy it and put inside another whip? grin

Seriously!!

Boeing, designs, engineers and makes the blueprint of the aircraft.. Fabricating the parts are left to others to do according to the specs DESIGNED and AUTHORIZED by Boeing.

Nigeria makes brake pads, but we did not design the brake pads. We simply just made it according to the specs of the company that owns the patent design for the car. That does not make the car that would use the brake pad Nigerian.
In my response to you I gave you three instance were assembly plants are regarded as made by the company. In patent laws, after some years the design and patent becomes generic meaning anyone can use it without infringing on the patent laws. For instance panadol and paracetamol are all generic Patents. The companies that makes them never invented them. Tv, radio are all in the same category. So stop saying CKD are not made in Nigeria because no car plant is self sufficient. In the case of Malaysia car plant. You can read about it. All the parts and design are made Mitsubishi but the are made in Malaysia cars. In the case of Mercedes in the USA. 60% of the parts and design are done in Germany. But you are pride of them. In the case of Airbus. All the parts are sourced and made by other company. Rollce rose makes and design the engine. The do not make a single part. The are just assembly by Airbus. Be pride of your product. At least it is a step towards a right direction.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by MadCow1: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
urchmanx:

In my response to you I gave you three instance were assembly plants are regarded as made by the company. In patent laws, after some years the design and patent becomes generic meaning anyone can use it without infringing on the patent laws. For instance panadol and paracetamol are all generic Patents. The companies that makes them never invented them. Tv, radio are all in the same category. So stop saying CKD are not made in Nigeria because no car plant is self sufficient. In the case of Malaysia car plant. You can read about it. All the parts and design are made Mitsubishi but the are made in Malaysia cars. In the case of Mercedes in the USA. 60% of the parts and design are done in Germany. But you are pride of them. In the case of Airbus. All the parts are sourced and made by other company. Rollce rose makes and design the engine. The do not make a single part. The are just assembly by Airbus. Be pride of your product. At least it is a step towards a right direction.

@ Highlighted: How is that possible?

Mercedes is a German Automobile company. The Cars are refered to as German. Why? Because the designers and engineers of the Car are German. The fact that the Chassis is fabricated in Italy, the Headlights in China, the Engines in Russia and the parts assembled in South Africa does not make the Mercedes a South African vehicle.

Please lets stop playing semantics here.

The designer owns the product except he sells the rights out. Generic patent don't even begin to apply here. Do you know that some Aftermarket vehicle parts are illegal?

Just because Nigeria assembles Peugeot cars does not make Peugeot a Nigerian Car. grin

Ogbuawa, Chikason, Innoson, e.t.c; All big boys in the Industry Business in Nigeria have all been doing this same thing with those 150cc Motorcycles & iPassMyNeighbour generators, nobody ever called them "Made in Nigeria".. Now that its a car, the rules all of a sudden change?

Thanks.

Feel free to agree to disagree on this one.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

You are just wasting your time bro

They will argue with you so blindly

Most of these IPOB youths are illiterates

Why must you always insult people here please if you have anything meaningful to contribute please do if not stop dividing Nigeria for us. But let's state the facts no auto company solely depends on its self to produce a car bugatti engines are produced by VW, Toyota engines are moulded by another company. The difference between innoson and other assembly plants in Nigeria is that 100% of innoson car parts are not sourced from abroad also how can it be an assembly plant when it has no manufacturing plant outside Nigeria. Going by what you say apple, Samsung, blackberry, sonny are all assembly plants because the microprocessors and ICs the use are not produced by these companies. You can't be a guru in language study or religious study and still expect to command the same expertise in engineering. Jack of all trade master of none.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by cozy7(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
jnichole:
i am yet to i am still sourcing for funds.
Alright, u understand u. But do u trust d site?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal by jnichole(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
cozy7:
Alright, u understand u. But do u trust d site?
yes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / 6 Strong Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying A Dashboard Camera / Advice On Long Distance Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.