Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,212 members, 7,807,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / ●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● (858 Views)

Return Of A Vexed Rapper(roavr) Cypher Session 1 / The Nairaland Rapbattles Newbies' Tourney -- Sign-up Thread. / Blacknaijaguru Rap Cypher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Okay. I'm ShyNeptune and I'm freaking shy. embarassed
But that does not mmean I can't air out my opinion when I feel my opinion needs to be aired. grin So here's my opinion concerning the nairaland cypher that was released some days back. angry angry angry

Okay. the Nairaland cypher Dropped some days ago and truth be told. it was nice yeah? cheesy
The production was amazing. The composure was nice and every artiste in it did well. Lol. grin
But truth be told. If we're to take a deeper look into the Cypher Properly, we'll discover that the Song is really not worth the Hype.
The artistes Didn't really give us something we can relate to.
They were all trying to sound like Americans.
They were all toooooooo fast.
Not taking the listeners into consideration. sad
ON A SERIOUS NOTE, if not for the fact that the lyrics was attached to the song, I wouldn't have had a clue what any of the Rappers was talking about. angry

This is Nigeria for crying out loud, the music was for Nigerians and most importantly, for NAIRALANDERS. sad

So I see no reason why the rappers on the track were all trying sound like Twista and Eminem and all that. angry angry angry

The only guy who gave us something we could relate to was the guy who took the last verse. I think LIMERICK or something. He talked about Lalasticlala, romancelanders, ishilove and so on. cheesy grin grin

So please if y'all are gonna come up with another cypher in the future, probably next year or so, do try to make it easy for Nairalanders to understand. Then when it's 's time for your usual rap battles and all, you can switch back to your beast modes and fast American rap kinda stuff. angry

Thanks!
Cc darkendRebel
Limerick
Giyazzz
ETC

5 Likes

Re: ●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
grin

Re: ●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● by JoeWendell: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
true talk grin
watch out for this years cypher,
its going to be the bomb cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Free Graphics For Nairaland Rap/Music Section - #FREE #RELOADED - LMandela / Check These Lines Out : / Who Is Crrazier Ludacris Or Eminem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.