Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,105 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. (1232 Views)

Thief Caught In Computer Village Ikeja, Stripped Unclad And Beaten (Photos) / Man Beaten For Swapping His Fake Iphone With Original At Computer Village, Ikeja / Man Beaten For Stealing A Power Bank At Computer Village, Jos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by tonymorris: 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
My name is Tony a resident of iyanu ipaja lagos and this is my story of my experience I had with a man when I went to computer village today so be warned.

I went to ikeja today to return a computer system I had fixed for a company so after doing so and collecting my little pay I was about returning home when a young man approached me under the obaefemi Awolowo bridge I quickly ignored him thinking he was one of those guys who what to beg 4 money or sell something to you.

Then he jugged back to me telling me he is not a beggar that he just needs some directions, so I decided to listen. He told me he is a business man coming from Togo to Nigeria from the first time for business and explained that he was kind of lost that he was on his way to Abiola plaza at Oshodi and begged me to describe the way for him.

I described for him the best way I could and left but noticed he was still looking lost he them came back to me and said since he his new here in lagos and doesn’t what to be cheated cause he came here to sell some phones to a business woman in Oshodi. He suggested that if I follow him to his destination and help him count the money the woman would pay him he would give me a BB Q10 phone he also gave me 50 dollars for my trouble and promised to give me the phone when he was done transacting with the woman. I rejected at first but I later gave it a second thought because the guy looked innocent and boys dey kind of broke so I said to myself “what is the worst that could happen”, I decided to follow him and he happily gave me the $50 and we boarded a bus to Oshodi.

On our way inside the bus to our destination I started putting one and two together to rethink my decision I first of all noticed he had a breath of someone who just drank heavily and I was like how would someone who is lost still have the time to drink. I said to myself ok let me see how this pans out if I notice anything fishy I will run for it.

On getting to the bus-stop he man a call to the woman and told me where she was that she had left the plaza, figuring out her location was unknown to me I decided to call it quit the guy pleaded with me to follow him but I declined and gave him back his $50 and left quickly. Well I guess I will never find out if he was telling the truth or lying.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Lattop(m): 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
A
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Pineapp: 4:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ndibanyi ndi 419 grin grin

There are only two main places we would have gone to wait for you if God had not saved you. These notable places are
a) inside bush where them go dump your body.
b) gate of hell undecided

Lemme narrate my own ordeal with them.
On my way home from Mushin where I used to work,I was about climbing the pedestrian bridge at Oshodi when I noticed a man who had been following me walk up to me to say he came from Cameroon to supply to a customer refrigerators,that that was his second time coming to Lagos and he needed me to follow him and direct him to Zenith plaza where the supposed customer is and I would also help him count the money she'd pay him since he isn't used to Nigerian currency after which he would "settle me" with something tangible.
After his story,I hastened my steps. What kept coming to my mind was ritualist,death,rape or it might be true.
I guessed he noticed my pensive mood and came further to convince me by saying that he saw me as a gentle and God-fearing lady who wouldn't cheat him,that he would have gone to one of those Igbo boys to help him out but he didn't trust them.

Abeg I work and I know how difficult it is to get money.
I didn't mind him. So he spew more gibberish and left. No sooner than he left,another funny looking guy came to me and started asking what the guy wanted. I told him and he said he thinks the guy is genuine,so we should go and help him out.

Na so I confuse. I agreed o. I followed suit.
But the spirit of God kept whispering,death,ritual,kidnappers and other bad things".
I don't know how it happened but as soon as we got down the bridge,I went straight into the bus coming my way....

God saves his own people.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Horlufemi(m): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by tonymorris: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pineapp:

There are only two main places we would have gone to wait for you if God had not saved you. These notable places are

On my way him from Mushin where I used to work,I was about climbing the pedestrian bridge at Oshodi when I noticed a man who had been following me walk up to me to say he came from Cameroon to supply to a customer refrigerators,that that was his second time coming to Lagos and he needed me to follow him and direct him to Zenith plaza where the supposed customer is and I would also help him count the money she'd pay him since he isn't used to Nigerian currency.
wow thats amazing
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by tgmservice: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wow this is interesting seun and lalatisclacla or whatever mov this to fp to warn others

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by gmacnoms(m): 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pineapp:

On my way home from Mushin where I used to work,I was about climbing the pedestrian bridge at Oshodi when I noticed a man who had been following me walk up to me to say he came from Cameroon to supply to a customer refrigerators,that that was his second time coming to Lagos and he needed me to follow him and direct him to Zenith plaza where the supposed customer is and I would also help him count the money she'd pay him since he isn't used to Nigerian currency after which he would "settle me" with something tangible.
After his story,I hastened my steps. What kept coming to my mind was ritualist,death,rape or it might be true.
I guessed he noticed my pensive mood and came further to convince me by saying that he saw me as a gentle and God-fearing lady who wouldn't cheat him,that he would have gone to one of those Igbo boys to help him out but he didn't trust them.

Abeg I work and I know how difficult it is to get money.
I didn't mind him. So he spew more gibberish and left. No sooner than he left,another funny looking guy came to me and started asking what the guy wanted. I told him and he said he thinks the guy is genuine,so we should go and help him out.

Na so I confuse. I agreed o. I followed suit.
But the spirit of God kept whispering,death,ritual,kidnappers and other bad things".
I don't know how it happened but as soon as we got down the bridge,I went straight into the bus coming my way....

God saves his own people.
dem plan u dat day sha. Thank God u r allive. They can be very desperate
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Urine: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Criminals everywhere.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by SurefireAsoOke: 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
He's just coming from Togo with Dollar?.
Is CFA not their currency.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by SurefireAsoOke: 9:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Lanretoye(m): 3:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Learn to mind your business in lagos...get proper description before u leave for where you don't knw(google map works and nairalanders help too),hold ur change and enough to get you to and fro,take a bike/cab in the worst case...never ask someone like me a foolish question cos I never wait to hear let alone to answer.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by Flexherbal(m): 4:19am On Feb 09, 2016
Thank God for the wisdom he gave to you.
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by ruffcoin99(m): 9:24am On Feb 09, 2016
Waiting for this thread at the front page, anything "my experience" smh grin
Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by ruffcoin99(m): 9:29am On Feb 09, 2016
I wonder ooo, them for don tie red cloth for op head by now, carry abela for hin head grin
SurefireAsoOke:

Re: My Experience With A Potential Kidnapper At Computer Village Today. by debetmx(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
They are not ritualists or kidnappers.

This has been going on in Lagos since the late 90's.

They had accosted me once in Oshodi and Isolo around 1998 or 1999. I remember the idiot who accosted me at Isolo for directions to somewhere that never existed. I told the idiot to take a bus going to Ikotun, from Ikotun he should take a bus going to Iyana-Ipaja, from Iyana-Ipaja he will get a bus to the "planet" he was going to. Imagine the bas.tard telling me it wasn't there. He left me alone immediately.

Most people get scammed because of greed and "manna/blessings from heaven".

@ OP, is it so hard to count money oneself that He had to recruit you?

Off course, a scammer would not look like an agbero.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thief Caught, Beaten And Forced To Drink Water From Gutter (see Photos) / See The Ridiculous Way This Guys Escaped From A Police Van / See What Fulani Herdsmen Did To A 14year Old Girl- Graphic Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.