Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 (18659 Views)

A Ferrari Collector Just Bought This Classic 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO For N25b / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car / Pictures You Can Relate To When You Just Bought A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by Lexusgs430: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

OK bro.

Morning my ogas,

Is Mazda MPV a good car?
Kindly advise on the mileage and the handling cos I will be using on some rough terrain.

A friend wants to sell @ 500k

Advice urgently needed.

Regards,

#GodBlessNigeria

cc: Gazzuzz, kingreign, lexusgs430, chynx, Siena, Ikenna351

MPV - Multiple People Vehicle. Do you have needs for a 7 seater vehicle?
MPV - Would not do rough terrain. You need an SUV!!!
I know MPV sounds like SUV!!!
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:

MPV - Multiple People Vehicle. Do you have needs for a 7 seater vehicle?
MPV - Would not do rough terrain. You need an SUV!!!
I know MPV sounds like SUV!!!

I need not stress it that I'm not a fan of Vans. I ride alone 60% of the times.

Well, I'm sure I can't get an SUV for that price. What can one do? I have till tomorrow to make up my mind.

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by honmusa(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

I need not stress it that I'm not a fan of Vans. I ride alone 60% of the times.

Well, I'm sure I can't get an SUV for that price. What can one do? I have till tomorrow to make up my mind.

If you need to make any decision of buying second hand car especially Nigerian used ,try to invite a professional to check the car for you so that u don't repeat the same mistake .
You can call autologic @ 08061166316 for any car pre inspection check .
We perform a accurate check of the car complete systems for you with our latest state of the art diagnostics tool and submit a comprehensive report for you to make a good bargain and decision .
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by kingreign(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

OK bro.

Morning my ogas,

Is Mazda MPV a good car?
Kindly advise on the mileage and the handling cos I will be using on some rough terrain.

A friend wants to sell @ 500k

Advice urgently needed.

Regards,

#GodBlessNigeria

cc: Gazzuzz, kingreign, lexusgs430, chynx, Siena, Ikenna351

bros, add 150-200k, buy pencil light or camry envelope. (97-01 camry toyota).
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2016
honmusa:

If you need to make any decision of buying second hand car especially Nigerian used ,try to invite a professional to check the car for you so that u don't repeat the same mistake .
You can call autologic @ 08061166316 for any car pre inspection check .
We perform a accurate check of the car complete systems for you with our latest state of the art diagnostics tool and submit a comprehensive report for you to make a good bargain and decision .

Lesson well learnt bro.

The problem is just that I am located in Osogbo.
Nevertheless. I'll make sure I do my homework wellllaaa

Thanks
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by honmusa(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

Lesson well learnt bro.

The problem is just that I am located in Osogbo.
Nevertheless. I'll make sure I do my homework wellllaaa

Thanks
No problem about your location ,we can send one of our field engineers to do the inspection for you .
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2016
honmusa:

No problem about your location ,we can send one of our field engineers to do the inspection for you .

OK boss. Still working on my options.

VW Passat 2006

Any info about this car. Is it strong for regular use. How is the mileage and maintenance?
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

OK boss. Still working on my options.

VW Passat 2006

Any info about this car. Is it strong for regular use. How is the mileage and maintenance?

please do not touch the mazda at that price, also do not touch the Passat at that price. If you have an offer for the toyota, sell it and rest. Getting a nigerian used car in perfect condition is possible, but very hard.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by honsule(m): 11:13am On Apr 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

please do not touch the mazda at that price, also do not touch the Passat at that price. If you have an offer for the toyota, sell it and rest. Getting a nigerian used car in perfect condition is possible, but very hard.

I want to buy Toyota Camry 2001 LE. the guy is offering it @ #650k is that a good bargain and is that product a good one?
I just like Toyota products especially Corolla, but my budget is #600-650k

I will need your advice. Thanks cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2016
honsule:

I want to buy Toyota Camry 2001 LE. the guy is offering it @ #650k is that a good bargain and is that product a good one?
I just like Toyota products especially Corolla, but my budget is #600-650k

I will need your advice. Thanks cool cool cool

do a physical inspection before payment.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 11:42am On Apr 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

What about a Golf 4 for 500k?

Have you forgotten about what I said earlier. I can't do without a car. It's either I hold on to my corolla or sell off to get another car.

Thanks
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by mayor2013: 11:57am On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

Have you forgotten about what I said earlier. I can't do without a car. It's either I hold on to my corolla or sell off to get another car.

Thanks

Why jumping from frypan to fire? All the cars you mentioned above must have being thoroughly abused considering they are Nigerian used. You wouldn't wana go near that passat would you? You have problems with just an ordinary corolla now you finking of vw passat. Its alright. I wrote previously am following this thread back to back. There is never a day I do not read this thread

1 Like

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
mayor2013:

Why jumping from frypan to fire? All the cars you mentioned above must have being thoroughly abused considering they are Nigerian used. You wouldn't wana go near that passat would you? You have problems with just an ordinary corolla now you finking of vw passat. Its alright. I wrote previously am following this thread back to back. There is never a day I do not read this thread

Oga mayor,

Any suggestion is welcome. Consider my situation and offer a candid advice.

Your 40k offer still stands? I might consider it after all.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
DatechMan:

Thanks

call me let me give you a good deal.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

call me let me give you a good deal.

OK my Oga

smiley Smiling already. Calling you asap

Thanks
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by princejones(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
My brother,l have been following this your thread though with no comment as l have once been in this your situation which l pray you sell this car now that you got an offer and be free but never forget to disclose the issue to your prospective buyer.The Lord bless and keep you
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by chukel(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Datechman, let history not repeat itself.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by kolnel: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
If I were the op
I would just buy a Tokunbo micra even maybe with Ac with that 500k
I can sleep with my eyes closed
Used stuffs most times has k - leg

1 Like

Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
chukel:
Datechman, let history not repeat itself.
Thanks for the words.

Arigato,

#GodBlessNigeria
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by JaaizTech: 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Buy a tokunbo even if it is 1997 car. It will br better for u, also choose toyota, spares are cheap and easy to fix. The truth is with ur budget, you can only get an old car, with an old car you have to consider cost of repairs and spare parts.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2017
I don't want to create another thread so that people can know how we got here.

I have been using the car since last year after so many challenges. Here is the latest.

On a good Saturday. I was going to work with the car and suddenly after a 1km journey the car stopped. I thought it was fuel outage, so I rushed to buy a gallon of petrol. After pouring in the whole gallon, the car refused to start still. I soon discovered that non of the lights/indicators(e.g battery, engine oil, check, airbag) on the dashboard is showing. So I thought it was an electrical fault.

I called on a nearby rewire to help fix this. After he had spent 1+ hours troubleshooting, he said the fuse box is faulty(a black box on the left side of the steering). He went with it and came back in another 45 minutes. Although my battery had run flat and so we had to wait for another 45 minute for a friend to bring a battery. After he had install the fuse box, we tested the car with the new battery. These were the discoveries.
1. The car kicked
2. All the indicators on the dashboard showed but refused to leave even after the car engine was running
3. Removing the battery from the car immediately shut down the engine

As the battery was not charging, the guy after some minutes of troubleshooting said that the alternator is faulty.

Then I realized the guy might be incompetent. Then I called my usual rewire to come and help fix the car. Note that my usual rewire will take at least 1 hour to reach the car which was one of the reasons I didn't call him earlier.

After my rewire checked the car, he fixed the charging issue because the alternator was not actually faulty. He also fixed the dashboard lights and they were responding fine. But, a much bigger problem persists up till now.

When the engine is running, you cannot raise(rev) the car, it just behaves as if it wants to shut down the engine in like a way as if the fuel is not coming out or something. Since last upper week Saturday the car has been grounded.

The issue is not fuel pump as new fuel pump as been bought. Someone says the issue is brainbox( only if we can get one to test). I'm seriously confused.

Guru in the house abeg help a brother.
gazzuzz mayor2013 kingreign, lexusgs430, chynx, Siena, Ikenna351
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2017
DatechMan:

I have been using the car since last year after so many challenges. Here is the latest.

On a good Saturday. I was going to work with the car and suddenly after a 1km journey the car stopped. I thought it was fuel outage, so I rushed to buy a gallon of petrol. After pouring in the whole gallon, the car refused to start still. I soon discovered that non of the lights/indicators(e.g battery, engine oil, check, airbag) on the dashboard is showing. So I thought it was an electrical fault.

I called on a nearby rewire to help fix this. After he had spent 1+ hours troubleshooting, he said the fuse box is faulty(a black box on the left side of the steering). He went with it and came back in another 45 minutes. Although my battery had run flat and so we had to wait for another 45 minute for a friend to bring a battery. After he had install the fuse box, we tested the car with the new battery. These were the discoveries.
1. The car kicked
2. All the indicators on the dashboard showed but refused to leave even after the car engine was running

As the battery was not charging, the guy after some minutes of troubleshooting said that the alternator is faulty.

Then I realized the guy might be incompetent. Then I called my usual rewire to come and help fix the car. Note that my usual rewire will take at least 1 hour to reach the car which was one of the reasons I didn't call him earlier.

After my rewire checked the car, he fixed the charging issue because the alternator was not actually faulty. He also fixed the dashboard lights and they were responding fine. But, a much bigger problem persists up till now.

When the engine is running, you cannot raise(rev) the car, it just behaves as if it wants to shut down the engine in like a way as if the fuel is not coming out or something. Since last upper week Saturday the car has been grounded.

The issue is not fuel pump as new fuel pump as been bought. Someone says the issue is brainbox( only if we can get one to test). I'm seriously confused.

gazzuzz mayor2013 kingreign, lexusgs430, chynx, Siena, Ikenna351

when you scanned what we're the results?

I have fixed this same issue on corrola's, twice this year. Diagnosis is key before part replacement.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

when you scanned what we're the results?

I have fixed this same issue on corrola's, twice this year. Diagnosis is key before part replacement.

They said the brainbox is not scanning
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
DatechMan:

They said the brainbox is not scanning

there's no way of installing a new engine ecu if the current connection is not functional. You will require extensive. Diagnosis on the electrical harness first to figure out why there is no communication. After fixing communication issues, then scan vehicle, pull codes post here and we can continue.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by snipesdam(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
Going thorough this Post Op this car is a very good car. But was poorly maintained by previous owner.

I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME TYPE OF RIDE its been serving me very well... Chai you have really met a lot of kazeems hope Gazzuzz helps you out.

Whatever parts your buying make sure its TOKs don't compromise..

TRUST ME WHEN UR DOING FIXING IT YOU'LL ENJOY THE RIDE.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by ugreat(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
I have learnt a lot from your post bros! Thanks for the doggedness
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2017
I have been busy with life generally.

My car has been down for about 4 weeks now.

The technician (the guy that was recommended) (Atere in Osogbo) has informed me that the brainbox is faulty and we need to get another one.

He claimed the first guy that worked on the car must have destroyed the brainbox due to negligence/incompetence.

At first, when the car was towed to his workshop, he said he would need to work on the wirings before he can be able to read the brainbox. After a week, he has gotten back to me with this bad news.

I cannot but wonder how a small issue could have escalated to such a humongous brouhaha. grin

Worse still, it is claimed that the brainbox is scarce in the market.

I'm at my wits end.

Car is
VIN: JTDBR23E463183797
MODEL: ZZE122L-AEMDKV

pek mayor2013 kingreign, lexusgs430, chynx, Siena, Ikenna351
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by mayor2013: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2017
DatechMan:

The technician (the guy that was recommended) (Atere in Osogbo) has informed me that the brainbox is faulty and we need to get another one.

He claimed the first guy that worked on the car must have destroyed the brainbox due to negligence/incompetence.

At first, when the car was towed to his workshop, he said he would need to work on the wirings before he can be able to read the brainbox. After a week, he has gotten back to me with this bad news.

I cannot but wonder how a small issue could have escalated to such a humongous brouhaha. grin

I'm at my wits end.

Car is

Quite unfortunate I left osun last week friday
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by pek(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
DatechMan:

I'm at my wits end.

Car is

Your car may or may not be Brainbox. But if you give us the complete info, we may help. If you can't get the Brainbox in your place, send for it in Lagos.
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
pek:
Your car may or may not be Brainbox. But if you give us the complete info, we may help. If you can't get the Brainbox in your place, send for it in Lagos.

Which info do you need
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by pek(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
DatechMan:

Which info do you need
In summary, what brought the car to it present state?
Re: Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 by DatechMan(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
pek:
In summary, what brought the car to it present state?
DatechMan:

1. The car kicked

After so much troubleshooting using different spare from the same model of vehicle to test it without any success. I was referred to a technician in Osogbo here. The said he would need to fix the wirings and then scan the vehicle to know what to do. Then he got back to me with the news of the brain box being faulty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Rise Of “Big For Nothing” (2002 – 2006 Toyota Camry) / What Kind Of Car Is Good For A First Time Buyer? / Black Smoke From Exhaust.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.