Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,930 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:44 AM

NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House - NYSC (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House (2514492 Views)

NYSC 2018 Batch A Corps Members House / Prospective NYSC 2017 Batch B Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (2142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by MissCheesom: 12:07am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
hmmmm!! That good of you sha. But the part that you said u dont like him staying at home is what i dont understand. Not exact words tho.

His mates are serving already
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 12:12am On May 05, 2016
MissCheesom:

His mates are serving already
u're right! But u dont have to push things too far, so many of us here are having same issues and its not funny @all. I know u wish your brother well but u have to take things easy with him.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 12:29am On May 05, 2016
Immediately the chief left, they started coercing people and bringing more people in, asking those without 1K+ with them to contact their people at home to help them, which a lot of people either paid or asked someone to bail them out. This continued till their so called "Oga" came two hours later.

Their "Oga" who was also putting on a casual wear instead of a KAI uniform asked us all to sit down, as most of us were standing, while some drifted to the other room to beg due to frustration. The "Oga" now addressed everyone together, and started with:
"I think you all know why you're here and I don't need to tell you", we replied "yes".
"Good" he said, "You crossed the road instead of climbing the bridge, which is a very big issue".

[i] Oh and by the way, did I mention the Lady on the KAI Uniform told some people that if they should take then to Alausa at Ikeja, they'd pay over 120,000 Naira o.O, when I no kill person. [/I]

Back to the matter, we all replied " Yes".

He then proceeded to say: "I doubt if you people will leave here today o, because the Court for this offence holds by 1:30pm and 2:30pm and they have closed. Which means we have to keep you here".
People were like " When we did not steal or kill somebody, besides you didn't wear your uniforms, so as to set a trap for us".
He now replied that "If you don't want to wait till tomorrow, I have been charged to fine each one of you a token of N5,000. I'll be calling you one by one.
If you're a student and you have a I.D card to prove it we'll let you go, but students without an I.D card and prove it will be let go too, but will pay part of the N5,000".
I was feeling happy because fortunately for me, my school I.D card was still inside my bag, because it also serves as a case for my PVC.
Someone asked, what if you have "N3,000".
He smiled and said "what you can do is beg for leniency and we can consider collecting less than 5k".
Then he left and started calling peoples names on the register, to meet him in the other room to discuss payment or an alternate route out of it. The people who had money were taken outside, so as to extort money from them, while freeing them.

The funny cases were that of an Aboki mam they caught who had no money but a bag of sponges, he totally didn't understand what they were saying, but they still wanted to collect money from him. Another who had just N210 with him, said when he gets to his turn, he'll let them he has just N100 to give them, as the remaining money with him would take him to Orile cheesy.

I've not even talked about mine, I kept all my money in my bag and had made up my mind that I'd be dropping only N100 and I'll also claim student, I no fit begin dey give some people sara money. This was obviously not how I planned my birthday.

Cont...
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 12:51am On May 05, 2016
Once they called my name I just said I was a student and I also showed them my I.D card, the other lady on Uniform I Mafe sure to cram her name on her tag Mrs. Ajayi Oludayo O. who was asking me stupid questions about the admission process of my school, because her son chose there last year, I was replying with much enthusiasm thinking she would put in a word for me, as the man was attending to a call.

Instead she became mute as the guy told me to pay 2.5K because I was a student, I just told him, I was just getting back from school and I don't have more than N100. He told me to go and stay somewhere first.

Their green Bus arrived as he was almost through with his Semi-extortion scheme, they selected we that didn't have money or had less than N1,000 beliw and threatened to take to Alausa to face "Court", in this process they were also manhandling an old man. I just went in, as I was very sure they'll eventually release us. They started the bus and moved it forward like they were actually going to take us to Alausa, but stopped and reversed, so that they could play a trick on us psychologically to pay the money they asked.
They started cajoling us one by one, the ones that had family that were coming to pay and the other guys with 1K, collecting the money and releasing them.

Around 20 mins to 5, the guys outside were discussing that they should let us go, one of them said he couldn't take us to Alausa o. The other guys towards the bus and started calling us out, when it got to my turn again, they asked what they told me to do, I told them in Yoruba that they said I should pay N2,500 and that I had just N100 instead. They said I should go and meet someone, who I approached and told him I'm a student while showing him my I.D card and that I had just N100. After many side talks with each other, they just looked at me and gave me my I.D card and asked me to go.

While I was waiting for my I.D cards, the illiterates among them(Which most of them are) were arguing about Yoruba-English, the letter not in Yoruba but in English.

That is how I finally left them without paying any money or fine o, they also released the rest of us, after wasting 3 hours of our time, because we refused to pay them.

These same set of people would open their mouth and talk about how corrupt Nigeria is or someone cheating them. I realized we still have a long way to go in Nigeria.

Done... CC: Yorme, Ruthobaz, Kapable75, Justified19, Greycious, Chumaster.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by ruthobaz(f): 5:25am On May 05, 2016
Oh my! Happy Birthday in arrears dear dottune. God will turn around your unfavourable experience to beautiful ones this new year. Bon anniversaire!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Taeewo(m): 5:41am On May 05, 2016
Dottune:
Once they called my name I just said I was a student and I also showed them my I.D card, the other lady on Uniform I Mafe sure to cram her name on her tag Mrs. Ajayi Oludayo O. who was asking me stupid questions about the admission process of my school, because her son chose there last year, I was replying with much enthusiasm thinking she would put in a word for me, as the man was attending to a call.

Instead she became mute as the guy told me to pay 2.5K because I was a student, I just told him, I was just getting back from school and I don't have more than N100. He told me to go and stay somewhere first.

Their green Bus arrived as he was almost through with his Semi-extortion scheme, they selected we that didn't have money or had less than N1,000 beliw and threatened to take to Alausa to face "Court", in this process they were also manhandling an old man. I just went in, as I was very sure they'll eventually release us. They started the bus and moved it forward like they were actually going to take us to Alausa, but stopped and reversed, so that they could play a trick on us psychologically to pay the money they asked.
They started cajoling us one by one, the ones that had family that were coming to pay and the other guys with 1K, collecting the money and releasing them.

Around 20 mins to 5, the guys outside were discussing that they should let us go, one of them said he couldn't take us to Alausa o. The other guys towards the bus and started calling us out, when it got to my turn again, they asked what they told me to do, I told them in Yoruba that they said I should pay N2,500 and that I had just N100 instead. They said I should go and meet someone, who I approached and told him I'm a student while showing him my I.D card and that I had just N100. After many side talks with each other, they just looked at me and gave me my I.D card and asked me to go.

While I was waiting for my I.D cards, the illiterates among them(Which most of them are) were arguing about Yoruba-English, the letter not in Yoruba but in English.

That is how I finally left them without paying any money or fine o, they also released the rest of us, after wasting 3 hours of our time, because we refused to pay them.

These same set of people would open their mouth and talk about how corrupt Nigeria is or someone cheating them. I realized we still have a long way to go in Nigeria.

Done... CC: Yorme, Ruthobaz, Kapable75, Justified19, Greycious, Chumaster.
K.A.I
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:04am On May 05, 2016
Gud morning grace ville!! Dottune sorry for what happened. Did they collect the #100? Dreamcome2ru, u welcome sir! Hope u slept well. Missbeebee, howdy?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:24am On May 05, 2016
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:24am On May 05, 2016
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:44am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
Gud morning grace ville!!
Missbeebee, howdy?

Am gud n u?...n hw was ya nyt?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:45am On May 05, 2016
Gud mrnin Gracelander's...
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2016
missbeebee:

Am gud n u?...n hw was ya nyt?
am gud and my nyt was fairly good. Any plans for today?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 7:57am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
am gud and my nyt was fairly good. Any plans for today?

Yeso..work
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:00am On May 05, 2016
Una good morning oo.. Lolz.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:01am On May 05, 2016
missbeebee:

Yeso..work
ok pray u have a blessed day at work. I asked u to buy me sweet yesterday but u didn't.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:02am On May 05, 2016
Titanium38:
Una good morning oo.. Lolz.
good morning dear!! Lolz
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:02am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
ok pray u have a blessed day at work. I asked u to buy me sweet yesterday but u didn't.

Amen o..lolzz..ok I'll buy today.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:04am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
good morning dear!! Lolz

How was your night? Mine was okay..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:06am On May 05, 2016
missbeebee:

Amen o..lolzz..ok I'll buy today.
**starts dancing sekem** thanks dear. I'll be expecting my sweet in the evening so till then.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:08am On May 05, 2016
morning all. have been released from Nairaland prison..
big shout out to starryv , missbeebee and
titanium38
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:09am On May 05, 2016
Titanium38:

How was your night? Mine was okay..
tita dear! Early into the night i started having tooth ache but i took drugs and was good.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:10am On May 05, 2016
Sorry guys.. Justified10's account was banned, both of them. And he was really missing GL.. So I sent him my account details so he can talk to you guys.. Sorry for the confusion Lolz..

How you doing missbeebee
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:10am On May 05, 2016
Our tenth edition (the playmaker) is back.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:13am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
Our tenth edition (the playmaker) is back.
I will get banned no more..

I am determined like KANU
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:13am On May 05, 2016
Titanium38:
Sorry guys.. Justified10's account was banned, both of them. And he was really missing GL.. So I sent him my account details so he can talk to you guys.. Sorry for the confusion Lolz..

How you doing missbeebee
no wonder. I noticed too but was careful not to make wrong assumptions.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:14am On May 05, 2016
justified10:
I will get banned no more..
I am determined like KANU
no be wetin u talk the last time?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:15am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
tita dear! Early into the night i started having tooth ache but i took drugs and was good.

Urrr kpele. I hate toothaches.. Hope you are fine now.. Stop licking too much ice cream lol
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:16am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
no wonder. I noticed too but was careful not to make wrong assumptions.
what did u notice..?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:17am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
no be wetin u talk the last time?
I don't know how and why I got banned dis last tym..

but, I will b more careful now
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:26am On May 05, 2016
justified10:
what did u notice..?
yes na. I stopped seeing lolz and started see ko and ni.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Nobody: 8:27am On May 05, 2016
justified10:
I don't know how and why I got banned dis last tym..

but, I will b more careful now
better be o.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House by Dottune(m): 8:27am On May 05, 2016
kapable75:
Gud morning grace ville!! Dottune sorry for what happened. Did they collect the #100?
No they didn't, I wasn't even ready to give them again sef.
Good morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (2142) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House / Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.