Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,550 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:49 PM

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons (58043 Views)

"Chris Okafor Heals Woman With Maggots In Her Private Part" / Chris Okafor Blasts Bakare, Mbaka, Demands Nnamdi Kanu's Release / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 13, 2016
analice107:

The great America was built by Christians on Christian principles. Were the American fathers stupid?
America was neither built by Chrisitiams or Christian principles.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:11am On Feb 13, 2016
analice107:

Logicboy, why are you always so illogical? So the decay in the Nigerian educational system is blamed on the church? Are we running a theocracy here?
I read an article today where the EFCC, caught civil servants who collects salaries of 20 persons. Maybe you shd turn around and blame it on the church.
I don't know, maybe once in a while, you shd post some scriptures that enjoined Christians to shun development, information, and knowledge.
Christ says give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser. Do you understand what that means?
Christianity, allows people to willingly obey without pressure, if men like you, who don't feel they owe God any accountability, decides to act as they like, why shd you blame that on God or the church?
Please be sensible. It's very annoying when an adult acts the way you do.

Please reread my post. No where did I say that the church is responsible for the decay of our educational system.

Please learn to comprehend.

What I clearly said was that we prioritize religion over more important matters.

South Korea puts governance before religion

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:15am On Feb 13, 2016
paulGrundy:

Only 16% of americans claim to be non-religious yet america is one of the most developed countries in the world, still having the largest churches and biggest pastors. Get your facts right.

Wrong. America remains a secular country despite huge number of Christians.

Also, America is not even in the top 3 developed countries

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paulGrundy(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

Wrong. America remains a secular country despite huge number of Christians.

Do you mean declares to be a secular state? The last time checked, nigeria is same.

But that doesn't make it less of a develped country.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:14am On Feb 13, 2016
paulGrundy:

Do you mean declares to be a secular state? The last time checked, nigeria is same.

But that doesn't make it less of a develped country.

Nigeria is not a secular state.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paulGrundy(m): 11:38am On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

Nigeria is not a secular state.

Seems you are ignorant of nigeria's laws, let me intimate you with it.

Section 101 of the Nigerian Constitution provides:

“The Government of the Federation or of a State shall

not
adopt any religion as State Religion.”

Hence nigeria is not a secular state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2016
paulGrundy:

Seems you are ignorant of nigeria's laws, let me intimate you with it.

Section 101 of the Nigerian Constitution provides:

“The Government of the Federation or of a State shall

not
adopt any religion as State Religion.”

Hence nigeria is not a secular state.

What is sharia?

Doesn't sharia law make the constitution obsolete?

Furthermore, a law is only good when it can be enforced. Have we used the constitutional law against any religious infringement on the government? huh?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paulGrundy(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

What is sharia?

Doesn't sharia law make the constitution obsolete?

Furthermore, a law is only good when it can be enforced. Have we used the constitutional law against any religious infringement on the government? huh?

Don't derail the answer. Is nigeria a secular state/country? Yes. Simple!

Except you can prove to me that sharia states are not part of nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2016
paulGrundy:

Don't derail the answer. Is nigeria a secular state/country? Yes. Simple!

Except you can prove to me that sharia states are not part of nigeria.

No, it is not a secular state. Sharia negates any secularism.

Enjoy fooling yourself. I'm done

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by paulGrundy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

No, it is not a secular state. Sharia negates any secularism.

Enjoy fooling yourself. I'm done

Please one last question, how old are you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

Norway is the most developed country in the world and she is very religious

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Babacele: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

Look at the bold in your comment.

How many south koreans believe in God? Answer that question before you start talking nonsense.

The difference with South Korea and Nigeria is that religion does not come before proper governance and common sense. Again look at the bold in your comment- they have solid educational systems and infrastructure unlike Nigeria which doesn't have anything but prioritizes religion.

religion is useless if it isn't practical. Meanwhile TB Joshua is a dynamic revolutionary who has taken practical christianity, irrespective of religious affiliations, to another level. His approach has been scrutinized by local n international experts in security n intelligence. He is just wonderful or why do u think the world would come down to Nigeria and sit in Ikotun? make una think. Oyibo no dey dt stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
paulGrundy:

Only 16% of americans claim to be non-religious yet america is one of the most developed countries in the world, still having the largest churches and biggest pastors. Get your facts right.
My friend, what are you saying. How the hell does the United States enter the conversation. Is their any correlation between US and S.Korea? No, I think YOU ought to know what you're saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Babacele:
religion is useless if it isn't practical. Meanwhile TB Joshua is a dynamic revolutionary who has taken practical christianity, irrespective of religious affiliations, to another level. His approach has been scrutinized by local n international experts in security n intelligence. He is just wonderful or why do u think the world would come down to Nigeria and sit in Ikotun? make una think. Oyibo no dey dt stupid.

TB Joshua?

That lie mohammed that claimed that Boko Haram came to attack him in his church?

grin grin abegi

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

One question : Is secularism atheism ?

No.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

LIES.

According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll of 2010,[6]

22% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a God".
44% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force".
29% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, God, or life force".
5% answered that they "do not know".

Phil Zuckerman, an Associate Professor of Sociology at Pitzer College, estimates a[b]theism rates in Norway as ranging from 31 to 72%, based on various studies[/b].[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Norway

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

LIES.

According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll of 2010,[6]

22% of Norwegian citizens responded that "they believe there is a God".
44% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force".
29% answered that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, God, or life force".
5% answered that they "do not know".

Phil Zuckerman, an Associate Professor of Sociology at Pitzer College, estimates a[b]theism rates in Norway as ranging from 31 to 72%, based on various studies[/b].[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Norway

I admire the disingenuousness . So you skipped the very first striking statement in the article - a very recent one , 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I admire the disingenuousness . So you skipped the very first striking statement in the article - a very recent one , 2013

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3399707_rol_png5ba1b0e7d143b19cf96844d46e577c94

I'm still officially a catholic despite being an atheist. They use baptismal records and outdated records. This is why polls asking direct questions are better and they give a different result

Are you mr Anony?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3399707_rol_png5ba1b0e7d143b19cf96844d46e577c94

They use baptismal records and outdated records. This is why polls asking direct questions are better and they give a different result

Your poll predates mine . So yours is outdated . And did they ask over 5 million Norwegians the Religious organisation they were affiliated to ?

I'm still officially a catholic despite being an atheist.

Taa mechiegonu . Akozina none sense .

Matthew 6:24.

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Are you mr Anony?

Why do you ask ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your poll predates mine . So yours is outdated . And did they ask over 5 million Norwegians the Religious organisation they were affiliated to ?

Taa mechiegonu . Akozina none sense .

Matthew 6:24.

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Why do you ask ?

undecided

I don't have your time. Only a fool will look at Norway and say that it is religious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

undecided

I don't have your time. Only a fool will look at Norway and say that it is religious.

Haha because its the most advanced country in the world ? Atheists always trying to correlate disbelief in God with progress/advancement . Norway just rubbed it in your face . Norway are rooted in Christianity and are the most advanced - that's a fact .

Anyway , why do you like comparing me to Mr. Anony every single time undecided embarassed . Who is/was he ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 5:31am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Haha because its the most advanced country in the world ? Atheists always trying to correlate disbelief in God with progress/advancement . Norway just rubbed it in your face . Norway are rooted in Christianity and are the most advanced - that's a fact .

Anyway , why do you like comparing me to Mr. Anony every single time undecided embarassed . Who is/was he ?

The number of Norwegian atheists now equals those who believe in God for the first time since a key survey began, in a sign of increasing secularization in the once god-fearing nation.

In this year’s survey by Ipsos MMI, 38 percent of those asked about their faith said they were atheists, the exact same share of the sample who said that they were believers. Only 24 percent said they were uncertain
http://www.thelocal.no/20150331/atheists-equal-believers-in-norway-for-first-time

Anony was the best christian debater on this forum......which means that he was a good religious apologist....which means he was great at twisting, great at throwing strawmen, great at dodging and great at being dubious in his defense of the christian faith

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=JackBizzle post=42905020]

http://www.thelocal.no/20150331/atheists-equal-believers-in-norway-for-first-time

I asked you a simple question : were over 5 million Norwegians asked about their beliefs or the response gathered from a faction of the population and was then extrapolated

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:45am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I asked you a simple question : were over 5 million Norwegians asked about their beliefs or the response gathered from a faction of the population and was then extrapolated

There are only 4.7 million Norwegians and when they were asked about God 38% said they believe another 38% said that they dont believe, the remaining 24% said that they dont know. 64% are atheists and or agnostics.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Anony was the best christian debater on this forum......which means that he was a good religious apologist....which means he was great at twisting, great at throwing strawmen, great at dodging and great at being dubious in his defense of the christian faith

And the best atheist debater uses logic , makes rational deductions and finally inferred that the natural processes made an intelligent man and provided varieties of fruits he needs to eat to stay nourished ? grin

Bro this is Valentine's day , show some love which is , according to your belief , an evolutionary need that had to be developed because humans needed to show affection to one another

Totally makes sense grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:51am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

There are only 4.7 million Norwegians and when they were asked about God 38% said they believe another 38% said that they dont believe, the remaining 24% said that they dont know. 64% are atheists and or agnostics.

So 4.7 million Norwegians were asked about their beliefs ? cheesy shocked I just wanted you to say it grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:55am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And the best atheist debater uses logic , makes rational deductions and finally inferred that the natural processes made an intelligent man and provided varieties of fruits he needs to eat to stay nourished ? grin

Bro this Valentine's day , show some love which is , according to your belief , an evolutionary need that had to be developed because humans needed to show affection to one another

Totally makes sense grin

grin grin grin

I can show you some good christian love this valentine.

I could sacrifice your son for the sins of mankind Just as how God so loved the whole world and sacrificed Jesus for us

I could create a burning furnace to threaten you so that you couldnt reject my unconditional love just as God created hell for us to love him back with obedience

I could introduce you to cannibalism just as Jesus decided to throw a lovely farewell party for his disciples with his body and blood as the main course of the dinner.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So 4.7 million Norwegians were asked about their beliefs ? cheesy shocked I just wanted you to say it grin grin

Studies are done in samples...........
Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:01am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin

I can show you some good christian love this valentine.

I could sacrifice your son for the sins of mankind Just as how God so loved the whole world and sacrificed Jesus for us

Jesus died and resurrected . The event was of spiritual significance - this fact obviously eludes you

I could create a burning furnace to threaten you so that you couldnt reject my unconditional love just as God created hell for us to love him back with obedience

Hell is a deterrent . Dogs in houses are used as deterrents . Do people threaten you by keeping dogs for security reasons ?

I could introduce you to cannibalism just as Jesus decided to throw a lovely farewell party for his disciples with his body and blood as the main course of the dinner.

Another event of spiritual significance . They did not literally drink Jesus' blood and eat his body .

Brother JackBizzle .... smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by JackBizzle: 8:03am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus died and resurrected . The event was of spiritual significance - this fact obviously eludes you

Hell is a deterrent . Dogs in houses are used a deterrents . Do people threaten you by keeping dogs for security reasons ?

Another event of spiritual significance . They did not literally drink Jesus' blood and ate his body .

Brother JackBizzle .... smh

My comment was of spiritual significance- this fact obviously eludes you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05am On Feb 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

Studies are done in samples...........

... and then extrapolated ... they did not ask 5 million Norwegians only a faction . Then they concluded by extrapolation because they felt the trend will follow - a wrong way of making inferences when it comes to knowing the population of the adherents of various Religious beliefs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.