Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA (1366 Views)

Lady Who Posted Her Topless Picture On Facebook, Blasted By Online Users / 10 Categories Of Guys That Don't Deserve Virgins As Wives / I've Seen Many Dicks, Guys With Infected Dicks Want Virgins - Medical Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Kolababe: 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
According to Daily Sun SA...

Angry maidens took to the streets of Ladysmith, KZN, South Africa on Friday, February 5, 2016, in support of the controversial virginity bursary. They have vowed to continue supporting the Uthukela mayor, Dudu Mazibukomayor who introduced the bursary scheme.

"If the government can give young, unemployed mothers child support grants, why shouldn’t the mayor help virgins for preserving their culture?" they asked.

Many groups have criticised the mayor. Higher education and social development departments have called on the mayor to cancel the bursary scheme for maidens. The Gender for Equality Commission said the awards encourage inequalities and must be stopped immediately.

People Opposing Women Abuse (Powa) has slammed an alleged bursary programme that funds studies for young women, but only if they can prove they’re virgins.

The Maidens Bursary was created by the KwaZulu-Natal municipality to fund higher education for young women. It’s been reported that 16 young South African women are the beneficiaries of the scholarship, which funds their higher education. It’s believed the girls are regularly examined, allegedly to ascertain if they’re still virgins.

Powa’s Palesa Mpapa said, "The fact that we are align it to the right to education is not making sense. It’s also discriminating in that within the girls being lured into bursaries on the basis of virginity and what are we saying about boys."

Mpapa added that the practice of virginity testing is unconstitutional.

"If anyone wants to keep their virginity, it’s their right to do it in their individual capacity. It’s a personal issue, which is not supposed to be done in public and it’s also not good that the agencies are using it in order for the girls to get bursaries."

The UThukela District Municipality says it created the so called “virgin bursaries” to deter young women from getting involved with older men. Mayor Dudu Mazibuko says the program is meant to encourage young girls to abstain from sex and focus of education.

"There was a study by the health department that "found that" young girls are more vulnerable than boys. There is no pressure at all, in fact this is an incentive because we are talking girls that have taken the decision to keep their virginity. Young girls are more vulnerable, they are the ones that fall in love with sugar daddies, get diseases and fall pregnant and then their lives are messed up."

Dudu Zwane, 50 a virginity tester and leader of Izimbali zoThukela where virgins are registered, said the maidens and parents are calling on groups to leave the mayor alone.

She said they were disturbed that government was criticising the awards while it was spending billions on child support grants. She said they expected government to support the awards because it was part of the campaign to fight HIV/Aids.

"We encourage abstinence but there are people telling our kids they have rights to sleep with men," said Dudu.

The mayor said she was not part of the march and told the SunTeam to speak to the maidens’ matrons.

A 32-year-old virgin and recipient of the award, Bongiwe Sithole said she came from the Free State University to march. She said if it wasn’t for the awards, she would still be at home because her dad didn’t have money to send her to university.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/angry-virgins-protests-topless-in.html

1 Like

Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Kolababe: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wow
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Africa and their black brains
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by ORACLE1975(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
Make I lough in KwaZulu naita grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
It's a very brilliant idea. Whatever we can do to preserve and promote chastity is welcomed by me.
Watch the space below as non-virgins and sex possesed guys condemn this initiative, just like the STC
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Smellymouth: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
angry shocked
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by cruzita(f): 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin see their was and west breast
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by cruzita(f): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
mtcheeeew I'm disappointed ,no one like cossy's own there
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by iykekelvins(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Why protest topless.. And they're virgins
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by MilesLamar(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Boooobs
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Swizdoe(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
sapiosexual1:
It's a very brilliant idea. Whatever we can do to preserve and promote chastity is welcomed by me.
Watch the space below as non-virgins and sex possesed guys condemn this initiative, just like the STC
Lmao.....
You promote chastity but you know all the sex styles one can think of....
God is watching you in highest definition....
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Swizdoe(m): 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Lmao.....
God is watching you in highest definition undecided undecided....

sapiosexual1:
chibeby ever heard of pain is pleasure? that's the sensation you get when the dick is hitting hard on ur cervix (you only get that with long dicks).
And it's not only missionary style (or its variants) that gives you deep penetration, you also get it from TYT (touch ur toes), reverse cowgirl, and some funny kamasutra styles
Re: Photo: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In SA by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 09, 2016
Swizdoe:

Lmao.....
God is watching you in highest definition....
You see, my friend, knowing all the sex styles shouldn't equate to promiscuity or endorsement of wrongful sex habits.
My knowledge of sex is for useful purpose (you would marvel if i expose to you the number of marriages that are crashing daily because of boring sex lives). It's just unfortunate that our society frowns at sex education, even from parent to child, they would almost look at you through prisms of a 'societal pervert '.
Bottom line : don't judge a book by its cover, let's say no to the sexual pressure and harassment young girls face and let's encourage chastity.

(1) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Fake Girlfriend / Nigerians Please Advice Me : My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / He Only Wanna Sex Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.