Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (40787 Views)

The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
This is probably as subjective as one's own preference for food or sense of clothing, but if we could pretend to present it in the guise of objectivity and a common general expediency for the overall good of marriage, I will ask what then is the ideal age difference for spousal spacing?

Given the fact that women --the vast majority-- do not wear age with the same grace as men tend to do, it is a fact to be looked at with painful and _naked reality. The bilogical pendulum swings and the physical conditioning of women tend to move even faster than the strokes of the clock of time dictates.

Then perhaps, a ten year difference will balance this out? Or Seven , maybe eight. Where the couples blend with time into a uniform exterior. As the man crowds his 50's and the woman nudges nearer 45-ish the uniformity in looks blends into a seamless match.

Modern Educational system has conditioned most couple of same age group as probable marriage suitors. Often the woman ages faster physically, damping the flames of heated passion and animated desires somewhere along the winding path of marriage.

Of course loves is fundamental, but a nice, healthy and smooth body outline ignites the flames of desire and passion that love is rekindled in marriage to a new height.

On the side note, it behoves women should spare some time for physical activities and tone their skin more with exercises than with chemical properties and fast foods with telemundo as dessert. grin grin grin

Nigerian women ,especially, have an abhorrence for physical exercise. There's an unspoken belief that once a woman is secured in the grips of matrimony, her physical outlook takes an ephemeral value. They can't be more wrong. Men still feel reassured that their wives take an extra care to keep fit and in shape for them.

An age difference of 10 years strikes the balance in favour of both men and women.

At least her heart won't do the double that hubby is chasing down the younger lass down the street. wink

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by vault(m): 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Pineapp: 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lezzlie:
This is probably as subjective as one's own preference for food or sense of clothing, but if we could pretend to present it in the guise of objectivity and a common general expediency for the overall good of marriage, I will ask what then is the ideal age difference for spousal spacing?

Given the fact that women --the vast majority-- do not wear age with the same grace as men tend to do, it is a fact to be looked at with painful and _naked reality. The bilogical pendulum swings and the physical conditioning of women tend to move even faster that the strokes of the clock of time dictates.

Then perhaps, a ten year difference will balance this out? Or Seven , may be eight. Where the couples blend with time into a uniform exterior. As the man crowds his 50's and the woman nudges nearer 45-ish the uniformity in looks blends into a seamless match.

Modern Educational system has conditioned most couple of same age group as probable marriage suitors. Often the woman ages faster physically, damping the flames of heated passion and animated desires somewhere along the winding path of marriage.

Of course loves is fundamental, but a nice, healthy and smooth body outline ignites the flames of desire and passion that love is rekindled in marriage to a new height.

On the side note, it behoves women should spare some time for physical activities and tone their skin more with exercises than with chemical properties and fast foods with telemundo as dessert. grin grin grin

Nigerian women ,especially, have an abhorrence for physical exercise. There's an unspoken belief that once a woman is secured in the grips of matrimony, her physical outlook takes an ephemeral value. They can't be more wrong. Men still feel reassured that their wives take an extra care to keep fit and in shape for them.

An age difference of 10 years strikes the balance in favour of both men and women.

At least her heart won't do the double that hubby is chasing down the younger lass down the street. wink
grin
Please help Nigerians to help you.
Come down to our level.
Because after the days heat and scourging sun,we tend to understand the simpler Englishes better.

157 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pineapp:
grin
Please help Nigerians to help you.
Come down to our level.
Because after the days heat and scourging sun,we tend to understand the simpler Englishes better.
grin grin grin Nigerians are literate enough trust me.let's not derail. What's your take? Don't tell me you wasted that space just to complain about my phrasing cheesy angry

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jamean(f): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
I usually thought the age gap really matters before say not more 6years... But I met a friend some years back and overtime I have come to a conclusion that the relationship you build and strength of communication is what matters.

But then.. 10years is still quite some gap.

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Emasel(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
I can't date nor marry a woman 10 years younger than me, when will I get married then? undecided

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Jamean:
I usually thought the age gap really matters before say not more 6years... But I met a friend some years back and overtime I have come to a conclusion that the relationship you build and strength of communication is what matters.

But then.. 10years is still quite some gap.
So it's all about love then. Good. Would you marry a younger man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jamean(f): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lezzlie:
So it's all about love then. Good. Would you marry a younger man?

NO!

I believe I'm not one of the people it will work for.. besides marrying a younger man will imply that I have to wait for quite a number of years before getting married. Again I don't see that happening.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kaziblake(f): 1:25am On Feb 09, 2016
I think age gap is more beneficial to men than women.

The ideal spousal age shld be 4yrs and 4 month.

But to me I prefer a 8yrs gap between me and my spouse.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 09, 2016
As I always say:
Women age faster but men die earlier
grin grin grin grin grin

Sha that's a bad reason to choose a partner. You're going to age anyways and whether he's chasing young girls when you're 35 or when you're 50, it ultimately doesn't matter that much. You shouldn't marry a dude that you think will do that to u anyways.

As for my personal preference, well it's a little abnormal. I'm never seriously attracted to anyone more than 3/4 years older than me

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 09, 2016
When I'm 40 my man will be 27 so you tell me grin women age bad my soft ass ha! Egotistical lezz at work lipsrsealed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:07am On Feb 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:
As I always say:
grin grin grin grin grin

Sha that's a bad reason to choose a partner, you're going to age anyways and whether he's chasing young girls when you're 35 or when you're 50 it ultimately doesn't matter that much. You shouldn't marry a dude that you think will do that to u anyways.

As for my personal preference, well it's a little abnormal. I'm never seriously attracted to anyone more than 3/4 years older than me
nothing abnormal about it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 09, 2016
I believe it boils down to the woman's ability to maintain her self, I have seen a couple who are age mates yet the woman looks younger.

A man who decides to run after younger women will still do so even if his wife is 20 yrs younger.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2016
firstEVA:
nothing abnormal about it.
U think so? I was even over exaggerating.... it's like from my age mates to 2 yrs older. Meanwhile most of my friends say at least age 29.... Iono what's wrong with me, my mum said it's temporary grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 09, 2016
I prefer a guy who is 4-10yrs older than me. don't like anything less or more.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Emasel(m): 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jamean:

NO!

I believe I'm not one of the people it will work for.. besides marrying a younger man will imply that I have to wait for quite a number of years before getting married. Again I don't see that happening.

you're a smallie afterall tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
duchess25:
I prefer a guy who is 4-10yrs older than me. don't like anything less or more.
spoken like a true duchess. Beleive it, there's much to be gained from the right spousal age spacing especially as you guys go along.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
kaziblake:
I think age gap is more beneficial to men than women.

The ideal spousal age shld be 4yrs and 4 month.

But to me I prefer a 8yrs gap between me and my spouse.
I have counted 3 things we have in common, babe. This being the most important and striking. And if your age coincidentally fits into the mix, expect me to take that final plunge into your life kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jamean:

NO!

Then you have agreed by implication that it takes more than love in marriage.

I think no woman will settle for a man she can't look up to -- except desperation creeps in. And age difference is one chief factor that sets the tone for respect and love to follow.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by postmann: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's good to see the op engaging in a completely healthy topic of interest for all of humanity.
Giving his literal capacity, many stand to gain if he decides to choose his posts and topics on a healthy standing.

Ok, now about the spousal age difference, well different stroke for different folks. But I think the ideal age space for spouse or intended couple should be a minimum of maybe 4-5. But not exceeding 6 or 8

But I must admit marriage is very dynamic and so are the players and their characters. There isn't any standard preference when it comes to age spacing for couples. What works for a couple will not work for others.
So let each take his preference as is suitable for him.
Even the op who is Abrahamic in preference.

OP, abeg no quote me o or refer to me indirectly. I just say make I yarn small for your topic.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:
As I always say:
grin grin grin grin grin
But what is the difference in ratio to men's death?
MrsPhyno:
Sha that's a bad reason to choose a partner. You're going to age anyways and whether he's chasing young girls when you're 35 or when you're 50, it ultimately doesn't matter that much. You shouldn't marry a dude that you think will do that to u anyways.
How do you tell if he's going to cheat? Further, when a woman is crowding 35 to 50 -- the menopausal realm, depression, self-doubt and failing self-confidence creep in. That's a horrible time for hubby to cheat especially with a younger lady. It matters alot. That's the time for hubby-validation and a lot of rumpled sheet as testimony cheesy
MrsPhyno:

personal, but I think a guy 3/4 years older than you is more likely to be far less equipped with worldly-knowledge and exposure than you. Except his background is far more dissimilar to yours.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Emasel(m): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mr Lezzlie, your theory is ideal and good but it wouldn't work for a young man that wants to marry early(before 30)

That means his wife will be in her teens when they will be getting married

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hahahahahahaha grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Emasel:
Mr Lezzlie, your theory is ideal and good but it wouldn't work for a young man that wants to marry early(before 30)

That means his wife will be in her teens when they will be getting married
That's why I said in my opening remark that it is subjective how one views the age difference in marriage. But in the event that couples have similar age bracket, the woman should avail herself the opportunity of good exercise to keep fit and younger.

Women age faster, especially after child bearing. Majority let themselves go after marriage to become Slatterns.

And then a guy of 30 wouldn't do badly with a wife of 23/25, would he? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
postmann:
It's good to see the op engaging in a completely healthy topic of interest for all of humanity.
Sanctimonious, judgemental and prudish!!! You only commented after I pointed you to your hypocrisy. But take a trip down the paths of my threads in all my monikers. I create topics on all spheres of human experience.
postmann:
Giving his literal capacity, many stand to gain if he decides to choose his posts and topics on a healthy standing.
Take your condescendence and shove it up your holy ass. I don't need your validation in whatever guise on my authorship.
postmann:

[s]Ok, now about the spousal age difference, well different stroke for different folks. But I think the ideal age space for spouse or intended couple should be a minimum of maybe 4-5. But not exceeding 6 or 8
[/s]
Redundantly repetitive of the first paragraph of the OP.
postmann:

But I must admit marriage is very dynamic and so are the players and their characters. There isn't any standard preference when it comes to age spacing for couples. What works for a couple will not work for others.
So let each take his preference as is suitable for him.
Even the op who is Abrahamic in preference.

OP, abeg no quote me o or refer to me indirectly. I just say make I yarn small for your topic.
You have done me the favour of unfollowing my monikers, do grant me another: _fuck out of my hemisphere and quit shadowing me.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by postmann: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
Sanctimonious, judgemental and prudish!!! You only commented after I pointed you to your hypocrisy. But take a trip down the paths of my threads in all my monikers. I create topics on all spheres of human experience. Take your condescendence and shove it up your holy ass. I don't need your validation in whatever guise on my authorship.
Redundantly repetitive of the first paragraph of the OP. You have done me the favour of unfollowing my monikers, do grant me another: _fuck out of my hemisphere and quit shadowing me.

Hmmm! You took the jibe to heart o. You seem to be on a vendetta, judging by your reactionS.
grin
Despite some of the handful topics on general good attached to all your monikers, they all remain under PARENTAL CONTROL!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
postmann:

[s]
Hmmm! You took the jibe to heart o. You seem to be on a vendetta, judging by your reactionS.
grin
Despite some of the handful topics on general good attached to all your monikers, they all remain under PARENTAL CONTROL!!!
[/s]
White-troll, you derail. Your penchant for draping yourself in a saint's garment overrides your perception for common sense and decorum. But I'll tell you this :

Faith to me is a gift I once had, lost and maybe, hope to find again. Human compellation is stired from the pendulum of the supernatural, and never my your desire to save me. Your zeal to have me draped in a priest's rob stems from ignorance and a subjective sense of morality. Even in your noble quest, you bear the mark of human greed and prudishness. The path you thread is long and winding, keep your eyes on the narrow path lest you slip off while seeking to guide me, I, Leslie whom God has chosen a different path to chart.

Fate makes my path, fear creates yours. Create an opposing or counter thread for every one of my thread you find offensive or corrupt. Nosey-parker, the world is bigger than your little sense of morality.

Now away with you, and _fucking keep your dry bread of impious sermon out of my way. Lousy dampener!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by PresVA: 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
So this thread is about how marrying a younger lady will prevent a man from cheating? So illogical. .

A responsible man finds no excuse to cheat! He respects his wife and children!

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
PresVA:
So this thread is about how marrying a younger lady will prevent a man from cheating? So illogical. .

A responsible man finds no excuse to cheat! He respects his wife and children!
Nice comprehension you have.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Chidoks(f): 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
White-troll, you derail. Your penchant for draping yourself in a saint's garment overrides your perception for common sense and decorum. But I'll tell you this :

Faith to me is a gift I once had, lost and maybe, hope to find again. Human compellation is stired from the pendulum of the supernatural, and never my your desire to save me. Your zeal to have me draped in a priest's rob stems from ignorance and a subjective sense of morality. Even in your noble quest, you bear the mark of human greed and prudishness. The path you thread is long and winding, keep your eyes on the narrow path lest you slip off while seeking to guide me, I, Leslie whom God has chosen a different path to chart.

Fate makes my path, fear creates yours. Create an opposing or counter thread for every one of my thread you find offensive or corrupt. Nosey-parker, the world is bigger than your little sense of morality.

Now away with you, and _fucking keep your dry bread of impious sermon out of my way. Lousy dampener!

I shiver...

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
And who cares if I look older or younger? My husband, period. So many stupid posts on NL nowadays. Apart from the grammatical composition of the op, the message itself is bull crap. Marry who you love, love covers all.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by postmann: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:

Your problems are mine, brother!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family / My Husband And His Mother!!! / She Confess To Her Husband, Now........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.