Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (40786 Views)

The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kaziblake(f): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
Lmao, it was just a simple question.... I duno what u were thinking. undecided

So what did u reason?
Not 2day cool.

Last week
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I'm sorry about the unwarranted mention you got. I thought I accented the letters in your monicker, my bad.

How do you know my initial statement came from a bad belle angle? I sense jingoistic biasness. How can I have bad belle for someone I barely know. This Naija mentality is beginning to irk me. Your friend is just bored. He probably had a bad day and is looking for a way to channel that frustration out of him.
The words Greek Pantheon & Veto power were included in my comment. That alone proves it was a lighthearted comment i.e if a person's sense of humor is intact.

It's fun actually grin. I heard he is above 30 years old or so. Seeing someone that old act like this gives me optical stimuli. I just can't imagine myself being 30 and acting like an exuberant teenager on Nairaland 24/7 - I'd probably be doing things 30 year olds do on a Monday evening - like playing gulf with my business partners at the country club, or watching TV with my comely wife & children. grin grin
Dude stop giving excuses. It won't fly here. Your insecurity cannot be redeemed by all the standing armies of the United Nation.

You're a dripping bag of shiit and a kid who never got perantal approval.

Why don't you commit yourself to your village shrine for sacrifice, I'll will guarantee your obituary makes front page in nairaland.

Waste of _fuck. Stupid kids using Nairaland for ego massage.

Any day you rock onto my thread or post and spew trash, I'll troll you for months without end.

Delusional, epileptic, egocentric anthropoid. You're the fallen branch of your family tree.

Physically diminished bastardo!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Chidoks(f): 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
So a question as simple as this could cause all this unnecessary squabbles and rants.na wa o...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Cutehector(m): 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
kaziblake:
Not 2day cool.

Last week
what abt last week?
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kaziblake(f): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
what abt last week?
Forget.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Cutehector(m): 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
kaziblake:
Forget.
same ish I had with estherfabian. angry

Suit urself tho.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
lifeisabitch:
maybe if you didn't mention Nubian, is she your e crush? Did he efuck her like he did so many others? Perhaps he did and ur hurting.

Nigerian mentality what? Arent t u Nigerian?
That's Nairaland's most insecure buffoonish zany. This is how it all began:
Nubian invited me to her thread where the lizard-looking darkenedbaboon has been trying to woo her. Immediately I showed up, the frustrated newt, jumped on my mention throwing veiled insult. But I ignored him.

Weeks later, I opened my thread "The Power To Have Her Come", same skeletal, under-fed nuisance still came typing rubish. I ignored still.

And here today, he repeated same. A fool whose life hasn't begun. Who doesn't even have an acquisition or education to support his pride and lust for women.

Nairaland should prepare the casket of the youngest fool who's about to die of HBP.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kaziblake(f): 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
That's Nairaland's most insecure buffoonish zany. This is bow it all began:
Nubian invited me to her thread where the lizard looking darkenedbaboon has been trying to woo her. Immediately I showed up, the frustrated newt, jumped on my mention throwing veiled insult. But I ignored him.

Weeks later, I opened my thread "The Power To Have Her Come" same skeletal, under-fed nuisance still came typing rubish. I ignored still.

And here today, he repeated same. A fool whose life hasn't begun. Who doesn't even have an acquisition or education to support his pride and lust for women.

Nairaland should prepare the casket of the youngest fool who's about to die of HBP.

it's ok...ignore.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
same ish I had with estherfabian. angry
Suit urself tho.
You had with who?undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Cutehector(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Estharfabian:
You had with who?undecided

hmm. U calln me a hypocrite... askd u ur reasons for Dat, u kept silent.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Missy89(f): 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
None
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Toks2008(m): 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
Any age difference that falls within same generation is ok so any age of 20years or less is ok but when you marry outside your generation then there could be issues bothering on ethics,beliefs and outlook..

BTW a generation is about 20 to 25years

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by pwilliam(m): 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
the ideal spouce age diff 4 me shld b say 4rm age equals to say 10 yrs diff
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by habsydiamond(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
For beta respect I think 10years difference is not much, for normal respect 5 to 2 year but for no respect at all age mate. Think well b4 jumping into the ocean of marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by luvinhubby(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pineapp:
grin
Please help Nigerians to help you.
Come down to our level.
Because after the days heat and scourging sun,we tend to understand the simpler Englishes better.
grin grin

Why won't i call you 'werey' boy. grin grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by emerged01(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
to me,no ideal age difference. Age difference btw us is 3months.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by profeoo(m): 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
11 years separate myself and my would-be partner
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by youngguru23(m): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wetin concern me... when I live faster dan my age... All d people I relate with in my life are 3-5yrs older than me... I no mind if I marry a woman dats older than me... Tho if d love exists
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Is it just me thinking character is much more important than age. Some young girls are bitchy, just like some grown up guys are fucktards. And that mature looking lady might be troublesome. Or the young docile boy may actually just be genuinely stupid. The idea of a perfect age gap is not as useful as it seems.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AreaFada2: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
PresVA:
So this thread is about how marrying a younger lady will prevent a man from cheating? So illogical. .

A responsible man finds no excuse to cheat! He respects his wife and children!

My dear, Bill Clinton cheated, John Major Cheated.

King David & Solomon had loads of wives & concubines.

The day I found out that one very decent & gentle guy was cheating for years with a lady near my house, I gave up.

He has two kids with his very pretty wife. She's a very good friend of many years too. She doesn't know till day. I bet she'd swear he doesn't cheat.

You can accuse me of normalising it but fact is......while some men may never cheat, any man, poor, rich, famous or average can cheat.

By the way statistically:

50% of first born kids actually belong to another man outside.
30% of all kids belong to another man outside.

So women too are cheating with a "face-me-I-face you" neighbour, colleague/boss at work, old flame or sugar daddy, old course mate, old lecturer, NYSC mate, etc.

Social media has suddenly given housewives access to loads of men from far and near. Same for men. grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jaymaestro(m): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lol
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by ifeomaekol(f): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
B/w 6 to 10 yrs difference is very ok for me. Ll nt really take him serious if he's my age mate or close to it. Bt ll respect him if he's much older than I am, plus if he's strong willed, someone u cn always look up to. Marriage isn't all abt love, its a mixture of so many ingredients age included.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
You wouldn't be able to point logic if it stared you in the face. No one ever said spousal differences stir infidelity, the closing allusion which i believe you draw your inference is merely sarcastic as indicated by the smiley. The thread is about wives keeping fit and young for their husbands if the age gap is similar. Keep your assumptions in order.

Those men with stomachs like mortar, are their wives allowed to cheat too? Since they have refused to look like Treysongz?

The only things that keeps a man is a man that wants to be kept, not good looks, sex, food...anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Edijana2015(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Marriage then was defined as a union between a man and a woman but my school of thought defines marriage as a union between a man and girl. My take is 8 to 12 is fine.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by obiaguna(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lol I enjoyed whatever drama the op and his guys were doing there. Blasting Grammer like no tomorrow.

@topic: I would appreciate if some married men on NL can say a few things about this topic. 2 to 4 years is fine. If you guys are age mates too, no problem. But what do I know..
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by OneManLegion(m): 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
I have a problem with the Post's verbiages: they're too grandiloquent. I really hate ostentation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
lifeisabitch:
maybe if you didn't mention Nubian, is she your e crush? Did he efuck her like he did so many others? Perhaps he did and ur hurting.

Nigerian mentality what? Arent t u Nigerian?

park well jare; make I learn English small from those guys. Why u come dey use this kind English interrupt?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by saintkel(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
duchess25:
I prefer a guy who is 4-10yrs older than me. don't like anything less or more.
Nwa nnem
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by egedege1(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
This is probably as subjective as one's own preference for food or sense of clothing, but if we could pretend to present it in the guise of objectivity and a common general expediency for the overall good of marriage, I will ask what then is the ideal age difference for spousal spacing?

Given the fact that women --the vast majority-- do not wear age with the same grace as men tend to do, it is a fact to be looked at with painful and _naked reality. The bilogical pendulum swings and the physical conditioning of women tend to move even faster than the strokes of the clock of time dictates.

Then perhaps, a ten year difference will balance this out? Or Seven , maybe eight. Where the couples blend with time into a uniform exterior. As the man crowds his 50's and the woman nudges nearer 45-ish the uniformity in looks blends into a seamless match.

Modern Educational system has conditioned most couple of same age group as probable marriage suitors. Often the woman ages faster physically, damping the flames of heated passion and animated desires somewhere along the winding path of marriage.

Of course loves is fundamental, but a nice, healthy and smooth body outline ignites the flames of desire and passion that love is rekindled in marriage to a new height.

On the side note, it behoves women should spare some time for physical activities and tone their skin more with exercises than with chemical properties and fast foods with telemundo as dessert. grin grin grin

Nigerian women ,especially, have an abhorrence for physical exercise. There's an unspoken belief that once a woman is secured in the grips of matrimony, her physical outlook takes an ephemeral value. They can't be more wrong. Men still feel reassured that their wives take an extra care to keep fit and in shape for them.

An age difference of 10 years strikes the balance in favour of both men and women.

At least her heart won't do the double that hubby is chasing down the younger lass down the street. wink
Once they drop one, they go out of shape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband And His Mother!!! / She Confess To Her Husband, Now........ / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To Triplets After 14 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.