Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola (30852 Views)

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Rejects Electricity Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by macino1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Electricity or "darkness" tariff hike? Because in my area we have been paying BEDC for Darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
eyeview:
Am not a bit surprised at the action of Babatunde Fashola. It is very typical of him. He is a man whose belief system is that if you want anything from govt,you must be ready to pay for it,despite any huge cost you are already paying and the poor quality you've been getting.
He is not a man known for consumer friendly policies.
I told some people when Fashola was made minister that Nigerians should be ready to pay thru their noses for everything under his ministries.
Today,my prediction (which wasn't hard to come by if you know Fashola's antecedents)has come true.
Now we are dealing with a 45% increase in electricity tarriff,even when the quality of power supply has since nose-dived. And in his typical characteristic,he will appeal to the masses to accept the 'premium' for an improved quality service.
When done,we all can be rest assured that the toll gates will be fully re-introduced on our roads and he will urge all to accept it too for an improved road network.
Nigerians should join us to 'enjoy' the Fashola style of administration.

You're not far from the truth

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Holyman3(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Where are the senseless walkers?
Your president in the waiting is asking that we swallow bitter pills.

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emzila(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
since this is coming from fashola, I will swallow it. let me play my part and watch him play his. I wouldn't want him to give excuses tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by saintkel(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigerians should endure? What have not endured enough? Y not Government endure for us

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by northvietnam(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
CHANGE.COM

Kill him, kill him kill him.
he is clueless , a Drunkard,
We want Change, Chaaaaaaaaaaaange...........

Sai baba
sai fasholaa
sai no complains
sai U asked for it.
sai Enjoy your change.
sai till 2019
sai Enjoy ur
CHANGE.COM

6 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by maestroferddi: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
APC appear to be hell-bent on enforcing the government of Jeroboam and Rehoboam in Nigeria.

How sad!

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by shamecurls(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
kenzysmith:
Since this man end is tenure as a governor he has been lacking sense may be his sense end with it

Read what you composed. Would you agree with yourself that you have sense?

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by apatuku: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Fashola, enemy of the masses since the days governor of Lagos state

4 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by bigiyaro(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ogbeni fash, abeg leave that talk, u guys r supposed to make tins easy for us not forcing some bitter pills down our trot. Try to generate something out of nothing, no lite no pay. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Sanchase: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Fashola no one is taking any painful pill, Nigerians deserve a fair deal in Electricity tariff, STOP STEALING FROM THE MASSES !!!

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Brunel(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
lol
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emamos: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
martyns303:
Why? Not when the pill is poison, and poorly prescribed.
lol
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Paperwhite(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hope all the zombies are technically listening to this government?

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by talk2archy: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
ruuuubiish.

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Holyman3(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
emzila:
since this is coming from fashola, I will swallow it. let me play my part and watch him play his. I wouldn't want him to give excuses tomorrow.

Please define Zombie for me.

6 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
fash fash
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by dozzy001(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thats one thing about egbon Fash, He will work and make life worst for the masses....Smh For Him
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by kaziblake(f): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
This administration.....

Only God can help.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Paperwhite(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
shamecurls:

Read what you composed. Would you agree with yourself that you have sense?
And you that have it-what sense did you think you made here?
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by nikkiking(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
ellechrystal:
chai, one chance entime goverment,. may God help us o,.
Do u mean to say end time govt
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by great664(m): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
MYND44, Seun, lalasticlala I am back from BAN No love lost nor found but won't stop me from saying the truth or how I feel when you guys act in a wrong way. By the way not scared of going back or being deactivated.....

To the Topic; Swallow which bitter pill, what about the pill will swallow on subsidy and the rest.

This country is just a joke, do you increase the price of wack product or you rebrand your product before thinking of increasing the price?

Fashola and the leaders know that we (Nigerians) are zombies and after our shout and protest will surely swallow the bitter/gross pill and will even confess itbis very sweet and delicious later.

4 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by bettercreature(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Uchexxy:
very funny govt we would endure till 2019.......we can only keep wailing till then
You mean 2023? they have another 4yrs ready made mandate on the table till 2013

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Kulas: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Why are u guys complaining,where are d APC e-worriors dat used to cause traffic in this forum during 2015 electioneering campaign of their pay masters.Many of them are now hiding their faces in shame having realised that they voted in bunch of scammers.Una never see something.

3 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by IBBG(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
they should rather borrow and make power stable before charging us high on bills for it.
when we see stable power we won't complain of the tariff

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by olaskul(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abeg wetin be sacrices
Obichi98:
The pains we are bearing allready is enough!
True to fact,the poor masses are on the receiving end,tell us what sacrices have you people made so far?
Do as i say government not as i do!

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by talktrue1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
The DISCOs should be the one to sacrifice first. They are the share holders and the pone that will enjoy the dividend when its ripe.

Did we contribute to the telecoms? They did finance the whole project by themselves. Discos should do the same

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by IrradiatoR: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
as if the meters are free
I don't think he knows that Nigerians pay for it
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by tottinova: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
otitokoroleti:
Fashola have been a wicked man right from his days as lagos state governor & expect no masses friendly from him. we Nigerians condemn the anti people policy from this satanic administration

Lol grin grin grin
You no well.

Left to me, as long as he is working as a delegate if Buhari, I concur.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Emmanueledu(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
this is just the beginning....more on the way!scammers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by anonimi: 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2016

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Xfactoria: 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
"Another problem is transmission, and we are fixing it.”
Fashola stated that people are not interested in investing in gas, adding that are just beginning to show interest.
“So even if you have all the power plants, where is the fuel?"

Actually, this is the biggest problem!!! When Jonathan's government was being frustrated on power, I know I tried to enlighten a lot of people on why we can't have constant power generation until the PIB is passed.

All the newly built power plants are designed to be powered by gas. Getting the gas to the plants would require lots of investments which government is reluctant to make and is looking to foreign investors to come do. Foreign investors want to be sure that they can recoup their investments and are asking for government to firm up his policy on oil and gas operations in Nigeria - the Petroleum Industry Bill to reduce the political risk associated with making investments in Nigeria. We all know how politicized that bill has been with the North leading the campaign to kill it and apart from this the international community is still not comfortable with a fully deregulated industry in which a state owned NNPC would be a player while the state still becomes the judge through its regulatory agency - DPR. The PIB is the key to constant power generation.

Fashola can keep lying all he can that consumers will get value for money with the new tariff. There is not going to be any value for money until power generation is sort out through the petroleum industry bill.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Presidential Election: PDP, Atiku File Petition A Day To Deadline / Bafarawa And Wamakko Clash At Sokoto Airport / Fashola Throwing T-shirts, Recharge Cards In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.