Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola (30891 Views)

Electricity Firms Push For 100% Tariff Hike Again!!! / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / NLC Rejects Electricity Tariff Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Badguytinz(m): 4:56am On Feb 09, 2016
We don vote be that.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by oloriooko(m): 5:03am On Feb 09, 2016
This is unbelievable!
APC has been very irrational since taking over, making statements that are insensitive and wicked

How on earth would fashola tell Nigerians to live with this callouse increase when they promised heaven on earth before elections

Now its becoming clearer why PMB tactically refused the pre-election presidential debate

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by misgab: 5:14am On Feb 09, 2016
tif, sell all ur ill-gotten wealth n use it to subsidize power first
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Justinah4real(f): 5:23am On Feb 09, 2016
Obichi98:
The pains we are bearing allready is enough!
True to fact,the poor masses are on the receiving end,tell us what sacrices have you people made so far?
Do as i say government not as i do!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Justinah4real(f): 5:26am On Feb 09, 2016
evansvenus:
Fashola respect yourself!! Do u think all nigerians reside in lagos?

This is not lagos state,where you can hike the price of borehole construction and go scot-free,with the filmsy excuse "i don't sign cheques"

we are holding you accountable now!nigeria is not lagos state!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by FabioPeter: 5:54am On Feb 09, 2016
emiye:
Reason why pre-paid meters should be made compulsory, they should distribute it to eveyone, and the associated costs for payment be deducted through recharge mode over span of years. The 70% that you claim do not pay, actually pay unofficially to some officials pockets. What the discos need to do afterwards is to throw out monitoring officers accompanied by law enforcement officers to arrest those who bypass the system.

I agree, but we must put the horse before the cart. We must ensure compliance to bill payment before fixing new tariff.
Assume of 100 people, 30 pay N1 and 70 pay nothing, doubling the charge to N2 will earn the DISCOs N60, 60% of what they would have earned if charge is kept constant and 100% comply).
The nation is experiencing an economic melt down, increasing the tariff without any sincere measure to bring defaulters to book will translate to more people rigging their meters. Even your pastor/imam might have done the needful.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by sunshine1974(m): 6:20am On Feb 09, 2016
Hardship everywhere yet minimum wage remain the same
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Stanbeto: 6:49am On Feb 09, 2016
Okay we have heard you BRF, what will the Government swallow for the sake of the masses
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by XBLadez: 6:52am On Feb 09, 2016
lastpage:

Prepaid Meter is just one aspect of it! I understand those who dont have it, are cheated the most and in an even lower pecking order.

I have been using pre-Paid Meter for over 5yrs now!

But l have seen the cost/Tariff/price of a unit of electricity JERKED UP every time..... even though the Power Supply is annoyingly epileptic (imagine having to off-and-on the Generator four times within a single midnight hours? (Loss of Sleep!).

They said they have abolished "Fixed Charge" but l still bought credit yesterday and that fixed charge was still taken out of my money.
And as of today, the amount of electricity-units l get from the 7K worth l buy monthly, is even less, compared to before.

When will people like Mr. Raji Fashola understand that "throwing more money at a problem", is NOT ALWAYS the solution?
We are all in this country when some of these "wicked elites" told us that for Petrol to be available, we should be willing to pay #200/Litre!
But TODAY, petrol attendants BEG US to come and buy Fuel at their stations ....(l was joking with one today, l said: You people have suddenly become "so nice to us, your customers"? he smiled and said: Its the Government. ) .... yet the price is just #86.50, despite the removal of subsidy!
What we are paying (for these essential utilities) is definitely not a true reflection of the production cost ....but a reflection of what some GREEDY ROGUES, who have cornered these Public Service utilities for themselves, want us to pay, for their own benefit

You have no right to WAIL. undecided
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Seun360(m): 7:16am On Feb 09, 2016
Never liked this Fashola, just don't get why some people hype him a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Auxigen(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2016
eliwa47:
Ha! i don tire for this nation call Nigeria!
Gbagaun!!!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 09, 2016
I no this man would be a problem when he becomes a minister

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by 6fit(f): 7:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Thurnder fire dis fashola and his demonic policies. Why not roll out d meters bfor d hike so dat we ppay for what we use if u must hike bfor power inprove.....dis fashola with mango head, i doubt if he has any thing good in dat mango head
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by abembele: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2016
this Fashola self dey vex me. U think every state is like Lagos?. Please take ur painful pill and swallow it with ur family, bullshit. Help me ask from oga Fashola dat who is paying for his NEPA bill( Him or Governmet), yeye person

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by tivta(m): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2016
Wow, am surprised everyone is shouting and cursing Fashola, I thought he was the best governor of lagos state, where I will personally attack him is if he reintroduce toll gates on the high ways, then he will explain where the N1. 85 road tax on every litter of fuel sold goes to.
3 years to go
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Teddeebear: 8:52am On Feb 09, 2016
otitokoroleti:
Fashola have been a wicked man right from his days as lagos state governor & expect no masses friendly from him. we Nigerians condemn the anti people policy from this satanic administration
Fashola is an elitist, that has been fashola from day one, all is policies favours only the rich, the middle class never complained in Lagos, because they have extra money to pay and they don't want to be seen as opposition and they continue to work 5am - 11pm So As to be able to pay bills.

The poor have no voice, they don't even understand what is going on in the country,

APC IS PURELY CAPITALIST.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING, THINGS WILL GET MORE EXPENSIVE AND TAXES WILL INCREASE.

PEOPLE LIKE MIZMYCOLI MAY NEVER SAY ANYTHING AS LONG AS THEY HAVE MEANS OF SURVIVAL.

THEY THINK ITS ABOUT APC OR PDP.

BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IT IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE.

All these companies were built by public funds and handed over to thieves in the name of privatization for free, they were even given 300billion to run it.

I pity this country, and someone says Hope, in this endtimes, and when they are people consciously manipulating the system.

Even Ameachi said, "we steal because you don't stone us"
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by stevecantrell: 9:32am On Feb 09, 2016
tivta:
Wow, am surprised everyone is shouting and cursing Fashola, I thought he was the best governor of lagos state, where I will personally attack him is if he reintroduce toll gates on the high ways, then he will explain where the N1. 85 road tax on every litter of fuel sold goes to.
3 years to go

If they like they can keep shouting "Our next president" or have they repented ?
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Herrmes: 9:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Increase it to whatever the he'll you like, I don't use that shitty light supply.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 09, 2016
All this online banter will not change anything when do we realise that unless we occupy, we will only scream and after a while be quiet... APC apparently has fooled us
... We keep electing the same crop of thieves... I wonder why... All for a few notes of naira and some semovita... Futures are sold... Na wa o.... So much for promised change!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by tivta(m): 10:11am On Feb 09, 2016
stevecantrell:

If they like they can keep shouting "Our next president" or have they repented ?

Lol
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by tunde1200(m): 10:14am On Feb 09, 2016
Obichi98:
The pains we are bearing allready is enough!
True to fact,the poor masses are on the receiving end,tell us what sacrices have you people made so far?
Do as i say government not as i do!
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by billbonesmd(m): 10:21am On Feb 09, 2016
God bless you..
Xfactoria:
"Another problem is transmission, and we are fixing it.”
Fashola stated that people are not interested in investing in gas, adding that are just beginning to show interest.
“So even if you have all the power plants, where is the fuel?"

Actually, this is the biggest problem!!! When Jonathan's government was being frustrated on power, I know I tried to enlighten a lot of people on why we can't have constant power generation until the PIB is passed.

All the newly built power plants are designed to be powered by gas. Getting the gas to the plants would require lots of investments which government is reluctant to make and is looking to foreign investors to come do. Foreign investors want to be sure that they can recoup their investments and are asking for government to firm up his policy on oil and gas operations in Nigeria - the Petroleum Industry Bill to reduce the political risk associated with making investments in Nigeria. We all know how politicized that bill has been with the North leading the campaign to kill it and apart from this the international community is still not comfortable with a fully deregulated industry in which a state owned NNPC would be a player while the state still becomes the judge through its regulatory agency - DPR. The PIB is the key to constant power generation.

Fashola can keep lying all he can that consumers will get value for money with the new tariff. There is not going to be any value for money until power generation is sort out through the petroleum industry bill.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by comos: 10:33am On Feb 09, 2016
emamos:
Brf...It is well
Zombie
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Wendyslim:
If na joke stop am ooooo, baba fash. We need increase in electricity supply not increase in tariff
if u need light, come and take! Back to back, on a more serious note, if u can't pay don't use, eat what u can afford, pay for what u can use.

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by Jesusloveyou: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Stanbeto:
Okay we have heard you BRF, what will the Government swallow for the sake of the masses
swallow pride and corruption

1 Like

Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emamos: 10:59am On Feb 09, 2016
comos:

Zombie
it is well
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by comos: 11:15am On Feb 09, 2016
emamos:
it is well
even when you are being buried alive.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emamos: 11:18am On Feb 09, 2016
comos:
even when i am being buried alive.
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emamos: 11:19am On Feb 09, 2016
comos:
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by emamos: 11:19am On Feb 09, 2016
comos:
Re: Accept Electricity Tariff Hike As Painful Pill – Fashola by dibjay: 11:22am On Feb 09, 2016
if individual can get solar power at subsidice rate then electrical problem will be solved a little if wind turbine is introduce progress if biogas is encouraged more success but our lead are not doing well all way want to feed from the masses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shuaibu Ibrahim: Army Violated The Law In Appointment Of New NYSC DG - The Cable / Tinubu May Settle For Ibrahim Masari As Tension Mounts On APC / Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.