Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! (34798 Views)

Toyota Yaris Vs Toyota Corolla (pls Help) / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road / Car Review: 2015 Toyota Yaris Sedan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Olisa4all: 8:55am On Feb 09, 2016
luvinhubby:

Because Honda has a dedicated market in Nigeria & there is price competition among the dealers & in other to sell cheaper, very cheap clones & brought in from China to maximise profit while beating off competitors.

Did you get it, thank me later.

True, cos I've never ever seen this issue on consumer review forums on any Honda,e.g Edmunds,cars.com etc. It's definitely not a Honda problem
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2016
Obinoscopy:
But it occurs more frequently with Honda Cars. Correct?

I am presently with my second Honda car and it has NEVER happened to me.

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Oilandgas1(m): 9:47am On Feb 09, 2016
Love my BMW
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Eronmosele(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2016
elshanAutos:
Spotted earlier today.

This is NOT a honda problem.
This problem is extremely rare with Toyota and Nissan vehicles. It's most common with Honda. Just ask anyone who has driven a Honda for sometime. Just this morning I saw another Honda like that at the gate of my estate. If you count one Toyota with this problem them you would have counted a hundred plus Honda's! This is the frank truth everyone knows. IT IS A HONDA PROBLEM!
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Hustlerlomo(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2016
But Honda worse... I just sold my EOD because of this same problem.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Chikeluba25(m): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2016
colossus2:

Yea. In the case of Honda, it will spoil the fender grin
This is one of the reasons why Mercedes-benz remains d best brand till tomorrow..... I luv Mercedes-benz
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Chikeluba25(m): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2016
Oilandgas1:
Love my BMW
U hv to know that u can never compare common japanese with German machine like mercedes,BMW,Pursch.... Infact there are two type of car in the world they are... German machine nd others, nd two type of German car are Mercedes nd others

3 Likes

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by tok2ig(m): 11:15am On Feb 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
this is most likely a case of a forgetful mechanic.

Ya ur right bro
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Excellentmind: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's prone to Honda car.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Emekasmart(m): 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Honda has numerous substandard parts unlike toyota and others.. The fake ones are cheap and everywhere while the originals are expensive for some to afford it for their vehicles. I hav a friend who uses babyboy,he buys his original ball joint for 7k. And he said d common type is sold for 2k. So u see,not everybody would want to pay 7k just for a ball joint..

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by zodd(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
True, cos I've never ever seen this issue on consumer review forums on any Honda,e.g Edmunds,cars.com etc. It's definitely not a Honda problem [/quote]

Can't seem to find this issue elsewhere too... guess it speaks a lot about our maintenance culture in Nigeria

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Camry/
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by zodd(m): 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
True, cos I've never ever seen this issue on consumer review forums on any Honda,e.g Edmunds,cars.com etc. It's definitely not a Honda problem [/quote]

Can't seem to find this issue elsewhere too... guess it speaks a lot about our maintenance culture in Nigeria

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Camry/
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by senetee(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
erumena:
It usually gives a sign in form of a sound long before it eventually happens. My mech told me and I've religiously kept to that advice and I must say, it's been a saving grace.

I cannot describe the sound but you'll hear it when turning the wheels, you can't miss it.

I concur with this. I knew this was going to happen to my year 2000 Honda accord after running into a massive crater. The next day, I heard a strange noise while turning the steering wheel and told my lazy mechanic about the impending tyre pull-out but he did a lazy job and did not change the bad parts. Car was returned to me and it seemed okay. The following morning, the noise came back and it eventually pulled out after less than a kilometer drive. I felt like beating up the guy but after heavy pleading, I allowed him to do the job properly.

Drivers will always get a hint that all is not well with the wheels but I guess people just like to stretch their vehicles to the extreme before changing failing parts.

One must always pay attention to the details such as abnormal sounds and steering feedback regularly.

By the way I have seen a couple of Toyota 4runners (3rd Generation) and Sequoias (1st Generation) with tyre pull-outs too.

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
all said n done. MAINTENANCE is key. gazzuzz ,ur theory sounds reasonable, but then why is d ball joint of a 2015 yaris being changed already?

this thing cn happen to any car. ive seen it happen live to a 4runner, and it seems to only occur at low speeds. seen it on a benz too, and a nissan.

it is more rampant with honda bcoz there re more honda fake parts out there. its nt bcoz honda cars have the defect.

now, regardless of watever car u drive, ensure u maintain it properly, and only change with genuine parts. nd dis will never happen! its truly not a honda problem. dose dt have ears and wisdom will hear and learn frm dis.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Eronmosele:

This problem is extremely rare with Toyota and Nissan vehicles. It's most common with Honda. Just ask anyone who has driven a Honda for sometime. Just this morning I saw another Honda like that at the gate of my estate. If you count one Toyota with this problem them you would have counted a hundred plus Honda's! This is the frank truth everyone knows. IT IS A HONDA PROBLEM!
everyone doesnt know, ur wrong. a lot of enlightened folk know d truth.
its not a honda problem. hondas are nice. a honda 4 plug engine 2004 will outlast a toyota 4 plug engine 2004. go check nd find out.

i have explained why its more common with honda in my previous post. u can choose 2 learn, or wallow endlessly in ur cesspool of ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Hw come only those of honda were massively cloned?
if i have d funds nd wanna put toyota out of market, i will import many container loads of fake toyota suspension parts... then you wld start seeing more of toyotas in situations like dis. then d foolish nigerians mentality wld switch to 'toyota tire dey always pull out, no buy am, buy honda instead' it sounds simple right? but thats exactly what happened with honda... d competition is too real and very stiff.

there is someone somewhere benefiting frm d sales of fake parts. someone also benefits frm toyota vehicles seemingly selling more/better as a result of this pulling issue...

try and ask sensible questions. theres a lot that happens everyday we/you dont see.

3 Likes

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by colossus2: 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
ataspray:

it is more rampant with honda bcoz there re more honda fake parts out there. its nt bcoz honda cars have the defect.
Are you saying all the Honda cars that experience this have all had their parts changed?
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
colossus2:

Are you saying all the Honda cars that experience this have all had their parts changed?
YES .99 percent OF THEM. i doubt it would happen to factory fitted parts, the car must have been really abused over d roughest of roads, and neglected for a lengthy period of time for it to happen on original parts..

have u ever heard or read of this happening in north america for example ? (where most of our cars come from)

even d so called toys (korean cars), that people say arent strong, how many of it have u seen on d roads with pulled tire? even with d sub standard ones sold in naija, it doesn't happen, or are u saying kia cars are now more stronger/durable than honda cars?

it goes to show dat oem/factory fitted suspension parts and others are built to LAST LONG, for many many years, in the worst of conditions world over...

2 Likes

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
ataspray:
all said n done. MAINTENANCE is key. gazzuzz ,ur theory sounds reasonable, but then why is d ball joint of a 2015 yaris being changed already?

this thing cn happen to any car. ive seen it happen live to a 4runner, and it seems to only occur at low speeds. seen it on a benz too, and a nissan.

now, regardless of watever car u drive, ensure u maintain it properly, and only change with genuine parts. nd dis will never happen! its truly not a honda problem. dose dt have ears and wisdom will hear and learn frm dis.

I take cars apart every day, it takes over 100,000km for a Yaris ball joint to fail, if that car was bought in 2014 I don't think it would have covered 60,000km in febuary 2016. This case is pure negligence by a mechanic, but if I could zoom in closer to the dislocation, I would know for sure.

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I take cars apart every day, it takes over 100,000km for a Yaris ball joint to fail, if that car was bought in 2014 I don't think it would have covered 60,000km in febuary 2016. This case is pure negligence by a mechanic, but if I could zoom in closer to the dislocation, I would know for sure.
ur point is very valid. but right now, we both are not sure of the exact cause of this in d yaris.
the point is that it could happen to any car really, due to bad part, negligence, mistake, a loose bolt and what not..

the other point is dat it doesn't happen to honda mostly because honda makes bad cars/suspension system, but because of the rampant honda fake parts. or do u have a different theory as to why it happens mostly with honda cars?
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
ataspray:

ur point is very valid. but right now, we both are not sure of the exact cause of this in d yaris.
the point is that it could happen to any car really, due to bad part, negligence, mistake, a loose bolt and what not..

the other point is dat it doesn't happen to honda mostly because honda makes bad cars/suspension system, but because of the rampant honda fake parts. or do u have a different theory as to why it happens mostly with honda cars?

I have a different theory for the honda. It has 2ball joints, one on the upper control arm and one on the lower control arm, chances of failure are higher in this setup. The toyota has just 1 ball join on each side for support of the wheel.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I have a different theory for the honda. It has 2ball joints, one on the upper control arm and one on the lower control arm, chances of failure are higher in this setup. The toyota has just 1 ball join on each side for support of the wheel.
does it fail in honda,because it has 2 ball joints? yes or no?
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
ataspray:

does it fail in honda,because it has 2 ball joints? yes or no?

nope it fails because it wears out.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
ataspray:

if have d funds nd wanna put toyota out of market, i will import many container loads of fake toyota suspension parts... then you wld start seeing more of toyotas in situations like dis. then d foolish nigerians mentality wld switch to 'toyota tire dey always pull out, no buy am, buy honda instead' it sounds simple right? but thats exactly what happened with honda... d competition is too real and very stiff.

there is someone somewhere benefiting frm d sales of fake parts. someone also benefits frm toyota vehicles seemingly selling more/better as a result of this pulling issue...

try and ask sensible questions. theres a lot that happens everyday we/you dont see.
Well, after insultin me by telling me to ask sensible questions, I ve noting to tell u other than thank u. Ssir!
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
This is a front wheel drive issue.
This is a Nigerian road issue.
This could be an inferior non OEM part issue.

I am looking for a Land Rover Defender 110, folks make fun of me for wanting to drive a classic but I'll rather drive something that is purposefully built for rough terrain and has solid axles than a car or a car based SUV.

If you value your life, if you're driving a car in Nigeria then you should make checking your suspension bits part of a check up regiment. I don't care if it's a Honda, Nissan or Moskovitch the inherent design of a FWD system makes it susceptible to failure on poorly maintained Nigerian roads.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by adanny01(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
ceaser:

Sorry to burst your bubble. I have seen a Honda pilot, yes an SUV threw the left wheel out like a cripple before. That day that I knew it was not limited to only Honda saloons was the day I gave up on having any Honda vehicle in my fleet. Even I wouldn't do Acura for a million dollars.

How i wish more Nigerians would be like you so that the market value of Honda cars will go down and people like me who dont like toyota will be happy buying Hondas cheat.

Please spread the lies!

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Eronmosele(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
ataspray:

everyone doesnt know, ur wrong. a lot of enlightened folk know d truth.
its not a honda problem. hondas are nice. a honda 4 plug engine 2004 will outlast a toyota 4 plug engine 2004. go check nd find out.

i have explained why its more common with honda in my previous post. u can choose 2 learn, or wallow endlessly in ur cesspool of ignorance.
What is this one talking about? Some people can't communicate sense without attempting to insult someone with a different opinion, yours is pathetic, even the nonsense you are saying is coming with a feeble attempt at insulting my opinion. Well, i dont blame you, its a faceless forum so you are free to express yourself. In the weeks after I posted that personal comment, I still counted about 4 hondas obstructing my way on the road with the same problem!! And it always seems to happen at a junction or roundabout! I did not say hondas are not NICE vehicles, but that is hardly the issue here. learn to be intelligent and specific in your arguments. Its not about which car engine outlasts the other or which is nicer! Its about a specific problem. Someone assured me that Honda had fixed the problem but recently i saw a CRV 2010 model with the same issue along the road in Wuse, Abuja. I am told it happens with other vehicles but for Honda, I am NOT told, I see it frequently!!!
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by ataspray(m): 11:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
Eronmosele:

What is this one talking about? Some people can't communicate sense without attempting to insult someone with a different opinion, yours is pathetic, even the nonsense you are saying is coming with a feeble attempt at insulting my opinion. Well, i dont blame you, its a faceless forum so you are free to express yourself. In the weeks after I posted that personal comment, I still counted about 4 hondas obstructing my way on the road with the same problem!! And it always seems to happen at a junction or roundabout! I did not say hondas are not NICE vehicles, but that is hardly the issue here. learn to be intelligent and specific in your arguments. Its not about which car engine outlasts the other or which is nicer! Its about a specific problem. Someone assured me that Honda had fixed the problem but recently i saw a CRV 2010 model with the same issue along the road in Wuse, Abuja. I am told it happens with other vehicles but for Honda, I am NOT told, I see it frequently!!!
keep wallowing in your bottomless pit of ignorance...
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by adanny01(m): 8:33am On Mar 21, 2016
Eronmosele:

I have driven 3 models of Honda accord from 1998 till date without having the pull out. Would you say i am lucky?

I have seen Toyota Tacoma twice, 4runner thrice, others are MBenz, VW Golf, Peugeot 807 uncountable times. As a matter of fact i went to charter a car for a trip a very good 807 was offered and i refused because of this problem. Honda atleast doesnt happen on high speed but Peugeot does strictly on high speed.

Search the net for the leg pull out, and you will see cars you thought were perfect.

Most of our Honda are American models, how come the problem isnt a problem in US or Canada where they come from?

1 Like

Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Eronmosele(m): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
ataspray:

keep wallowing in your bottomless pit of ignorance...
For some, Ignorance is such an incurable disease. Truly pathetic.
I take people like Adanny01 more seriously because much like my comment, he has also managed to stay on the specific topic and talk based on his experience on the matter. But you were pathetic! You only managed to mix the whole thing up talking about 'nice' car and 'strong' engine!! Totally off the point of discussion and instead of being ashamed of your ridiculous contribution you are here talking about ignorance. Now how am I even sure you know what the word 'ignorance' means? Considering you cannot even stay on point in a simple argument.
Re: WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! by Eronmosele(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
adanny01:

I have driven 3 models of Honda accord from 1998 till date without having the pull out. Would you say i am lucky?

I have seen Toyota Tacoma twice, 4runner thrice, others are MBenz, VW Golf, Peugeot 807 uncountable times. As a matter of fact i went to charter a car for a trip a very good 807 was offered and i refused because of this problem. Honda atleast doesnt happen on high speed but Peugeot does strictly on high speed.

Search the net for the leg pull out, and you will see cars you thought were perfect.

Most of our Honda are American models, how come the problem isnt a problem in US or Canada where they come from?
Thank you for your comment. I respect it and even though it differs from mine but considering its been your experience, I take it noteworthy. But my experience differs from yours though. The honda we sent to our mum had this problem after only three months of use. It was very embarrassing for her to experience because she did not even know what it was. She has been driving for almost 4 decades now but this was her first Honda. From my own experience I could say you have been lucky. Note that I didn't say its a problem exclusive to hondas, I only mentioned that I have encountered the problem by far in excess with various honda models. Or maybe in your observation I should say I have been unlucky? I don't know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bentley Bentayga Mulliner: A Luxury SUV With A Class / The New Bugatti EB110 SS That Costs 4.8 Billion Naira / See The Moment Camels Spotted A Rolls Royce. Respect!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.