Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Walden University Is On My Neck. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Walden University Is On My Neck. (34881 Views)

Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? / My Case With Walden University / Advise Needed: Walden University Threatening To Sue Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by pretydiva(f): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Change phone number n email address nau
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by ichommy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Walden eh grin
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by onatisi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Simple problem demands simple solutions .
Tell them to meet you at kuramo beach by 2am to 3am that you will pay them the full fees with interest but they must not miss the date .

3 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by shizzy7(f): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Change your phone number, move to another location, change your name (if you be girl, go marry by force), change your e-mail.

Over 400,000 ....... Even if you have the money, go and buy 2plots of land..

5 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Leebeedo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
When next they contact you op, just tell them that you'll meet in court. They fear court case die !

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by eleko1: 8:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
It shall not be well with the useless school undecided angry. Dey think u bi Dasuki PIKIN undecided. @ OP,drag those thieves to Magu or use Daura name swear for Dem. Dnt give Dem one koko.Return their useless prospectus handbook back to them.Nah by force to go sch undecided?
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Elvin247(m): 8:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
D
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Engineer96(m): 8:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thank God for this information.
I applied to study MSc at Walden university but due to some considerations, I have not finished the application and Walden has been sending me mail everyday asking me to complete my application form so that I can start lectures.
Thank God they can confirm that I didn't complete my application let alone starting the course itself.

I would advise you involve a lawyer and probably the police to be on the safe side. You don't know what they are cooking up for you and they have your data because that was how you were able to get the texts that you got.
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Dubemkelly(m): 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
U are the architect of ur problem....Why did u start sth u couldn't finish? Always get. ur info right b4 contracting any deal

3 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by esosuo: 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Igbese of the highest order ,op please don't make the mistake to go police station to report yourself oh because wen d case start for police hand u fit spend pass watin dem say u owe, but op u no get mind sha na fone threat dey fear u so ,if u feel dey know ur address find small money pack and change number jor people wen dey owe 3 session school fees dey fit grad for naija na come hu drop for 3 weeks .

3 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by sirheed2: 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Step one, go to o their site check their terms and conditions of admission and acceptance conditions.

Step two, study the weakness in the terms that apply to ur situation and quote this weakness in their next communication with u. Send their textbooks back to them and if they claim they dint see it tell them u did not receive any textbooks sent by them then. At least u dint sign with the delivery man who u received it

Step three, be bold in your reply and tell them not to contact you again unless u will report them to law enforcement agencies

Steep four ignore their calls and messages, if it increases change ur email and phone number. If possible leave ur present physical address. Na naija we dey u become untraceable to them.

Good luck with whichever method u choose above. But be sure there's nothing they can do.

My advice: don't start what u will not finish.

8 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by orlarbissy(f): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is a serious matter oooooo, I guess u shld involve a legal practitional
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Sanchase: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bros u dont have a problem. Live ur normal life and ignore the calls. The oyibo that contacted you is a marketer himself and would av got share of your money if you had paid. The lagos pple threatening you are just noisemakers.

Compliance:
Hi fellow nairalanders, I need urgent and serious advices. I applied for a masters degree at Walden online university in 2013, I always had one of their agents calling me to consider studying with them since I showed my interest. He suggested the course I should put in for. That was masters in public health administration. Sincerely, he was too really on my neck then and I got his calls almost everyday. I guess is a white man. He's always calling to intimate me of the processes, until I got the admission letter, at a point he asked if I could be paying monthly.

I was sent some hard copy textbooks too. I started a few classes online, but when I started it was entirely something, I attended about 3 classes, did an assignment but didn't click with the way things were going. I wasn't used to all online lecture stuffs. Besides, I didn't flow because the course was basically based on the American system of health care delivery. I am and agric graduate, that course was like Latin to me.

I then lodged a complain to an advisor that I couldn't cope and besides its difficult keeping with classses due to several Nigerian factors. He said he'll look into it. Since that time I stopped attending the online classes and stopped totally. I attended the class like 3 times or four before I stopped. My laptop was latter stolen some few weeks after that and all materials were even gone.

After about a year I was called to pay up my school fees, I was like, what school fees? I didnt understand, I never wrote a test or exam let alone of obtaining a certificate. I told them I stopped long ago. They sent a few mails too trying to threaten me to pay up or they'll involve a third party, after about another year, They sent me a mail again, and I replied them the same thing, I even told them I would send the textbooks back to them, to me that was the only thing I can say I'm oweing them or I pay for them so they won't say Nigerians are corrupt. I told them my plight, I stopped working, and had no means of livelihood, a graduate looking for job and trying to make ends meet.

Some weeks ago I was contacted by some agents in Lagos about my indebtedness and that I must pay, I repeated the same response and explained to them that I'll pay for the textbooks and that I only did few classes not up to three weeks. They replied me that I must pay for those classes and the books when I converted the bill to Naira, it was above 400k. I was at first laughing it off, but I got a reminder again tonight.

Please I need urgent advises on what my actions could be. That amount is far too outrageous, even if they sell all I have right now, t won't pay the bill. Anyone that has encountered similar issue should please help with suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Maser: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Had similar problem with a Canadian university over ten years ago. They kept threatening to turn me over to a collection agency. I simply printed off all my email correspondences with them that evidenced my informing them that I was unable to make it for the programme. They got off my back.

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
ademega:
hmmm.
one chance study.
let them arrest u and deport u to London to face charges now

if that happens please me too wan study online
Roflool, you no well at all. E go shock you, na N130 daily ration you go dey chop for naija prison. Even Presido is requesting Nigerian convicts in the diaspora be brought back home to serve their jail terms
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by InvertedHammer: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
/
I wouldn't worry about it.

What are they going to do--ruin your credit?

Send back the textbooks (keep evidence of doing it) if not paid for and ignore them.
\

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:
OP, Next time do your research on terms and Conditions.

College admissions process and offficers don't give a fvck about you..during my SATs as a senior, I was getting tons of emails, I was feeling like a boss, it shocked me when only 4 accepted me out of 8 shocked

They just want your deposit money angry

What does this have to do with what OP has said?

OP, it is very possible you are owing the school. If you complete registration (registered for courses and stuff) you get charged and the money goes/adds into your student account, since you did not register for another semester then you only have to pay for the one semester you attended. Do you remember if you completed any registration online?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by herboshedhe(f): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Like seriously
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by shark2last(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Why don't you try University of Roehampton in London, you only need to pay for the first module, refer one person and earn a free module for the rest of your study.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by ufinity(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bros change your sim, change location...ma see whether dem go use GPS locate u
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Franky826: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dude in all honesty I think you didn't Disembark your ties with them quite rightly. You attended 3 courses and then they stole your laptop, did you ever bother. Sending them a mail from elsewhere. Maybe a cafe informing them of your plight and why you MUST have to discontinue? That being said you were in possession of their textbooks for the time it lasted, even in school days you pay for tutorials and even pay to hire textbooks. I may not be knowledgeable in online courses but once you signed up Even if I was in their shoes I'd assume you were still in it since there was no mutual Agreement to terminate our contract. Now see this from another angle as I do and maybe device another means to sort yourself out. Good luck bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by enigmatique2124: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
bigtt76:
shocked confusion somewhere.

1. I did not study with Walden University

2. I did not study MSc MPH

So I cannot give you details about their programme or method of delivery. Rather the following applies

1. I did a Masters programme with University of Liverpool

2. I did an Information Security

3. My final degree certificate did not bear 'Online' it was same with the regular students.

4. Seminars and final Thesis is all you are required to submit for grading towards the award.

5. Its quite hectic looking at it from the Nigerian environment except you are able to mitigate against factors such as your commuting from work daily and getting home tired, lack of steady electricity, Internet access, meeting with submission schedules and self-motivation. If you can solve these then bingo ...you're good to go.

6. You can pace your studies and payment too (but note that the more you space out your study, the longer it takes to finish)

Goodevning pls I would love to know more about how you went through thw MSc program from scrath. Cn I send u a pm pls?

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Amefrica:

What does this have to do with what OP has said?

OP, it is very possible you are owing the school. If you complete registration (registered for courses and stuff) you get charged and the money goes/adds into your student account, since you did not register for another semester then you only have to pay for the one semester you attended. Do you remember if you complete any registration online?

I am just criticizing his rash decision and advising others to be careful of how they approach college admissions process wink
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by DedeNkem: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
The real truth is that you owe them because you arranged to study with them, they sent you all the necessary materials and you attended few of their classes. So if you stopped on your own, is your problem not theirs.

That's why it's always good to study an application, rules and conditions of anything carefuly before applying! You behaved like a village illiterate! You're the type that rubbishes the name of this country and make it hard for other serious students!

You owe them and that's the fact. As you're a broke as*s, consult a lawyer now to arrange something with them. If the lawyer is good, he may arrange a reduced debt and also arrange with them for you pay them instalmentally per month until the debt is fully paid.

5 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:

I am just criticizing his rash decision and advising others to be careful of how they approach college admissions process wink

Fair!
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
sapiosexual1:

cc compliance
You sef threaten them back, tell them ur lawyer would get across(don't tell me you don't have lawyer friends ooo) , contact ur lawyer friend and let him........argue ur case properly, demand to see the breakdown of the cost amounting to 400k (may God forgive President Buhari for making our Naira soo worthless). Let them know in no unclear terms that they should cease to embarass you else you would pursue the matter with the police. Wetin sef, that jagbajantis university that has become soo common like a secondary school, their adverts are everywhere soliciting for enrollment. Beta schools no dey make noise, even Nigerian universities don't advertise and solicit that hard. Mtschew.!
you get mind and sense....... OP follow this guy....... Give him a medal afterwards....

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by egedege1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
layilo:
are there no masters programme on our Nigerian universities cause I'm beginning what u were thinking that made u apply for an unknown course in an unknown university in an unvisited country by u. Do u need an unknown certificate? sodat ull be working in an unknown company and be paid an unknown salary or no salary at all??
What an unknown comment from an unknown person.

2 Likes

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by magicminister: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Compliance:
Hi fellow nairalanders, I need urgent and serious advices. I applied for a masters degree at Walden online university in 2013, I always had one of their agents calling me to consider studying with them since I showed my interest. He suggested the course I should put in for. That was masters in public health administration. Sincerely, he was too really on my neck then and I got his calls almost everyday. I guess is a white man. He's always calling to intimate me of the processes, until I got the admission letter, at a point he asked if I could be paying monthly.

I was sent some hard copy textbooks too. I started a few classes online, but when I started it was entirely something, I attended about 3 classes, did an assignment but didn't click with the way things were going. I wasn't used to all online lecture stuffs. Besides, I didn't flow because the course was basically based on the American system of health care delivery. I am and agric graduate, that course was like Latin to me.

I then lodged a complain to an advisor that I couldn't cope and besides its difficult keeping with classses due to several Nigerian factors. He said he'll look into it. Since that time I stopped attending the online classes and stopped totally. I attended the class like 3 times or four before I stopped. My laptop was latter stolen some few weeks after that and all materials were even gone.

After about a year I was called to pay up my school fees, I was like, what school fees? I didnt understand, I never wrote a test or exam let alone of obtaining a certificate. I told them I stopped long ago. They sent a few mails too trying to threaten me to pay up or they'll involve a third party, after about another year, They sent me a mail again, and I replied them the same thing, I even told them I would send the textbooks back to them, to me that was the only thing I can say I'm oweing them or I pay for them so they won't say Nigerians are corrupt. I told them my plight, I stopped working, and had no means of livelihood, a graduate looking for job and trying to make ends meet.

Some weeks ago I was contacted by some agents in Lagos about my indebtedness and that I must pay, I repeated the same response and explained to them that I'll pay for the textbooks and that I only did few classes not up to three weeks. They replied me that I must pay for those classes and the books when I converted the bill to Naira, it was above 400k. I was at first laughing it off, but I got a reminder again tonight.

Please I need urgent advises on what my actions could be. That amount is far too outrageous, even if they sell all I have right now, t won't pay the bill. Anyone that has encountered similar issue should please help with suggestions.

Wetin man no go see?
i believe u gave them your address and details?
maine, i would make a police report if i were you.
Just to be on the safer side!
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
ademega:
hmmm.
one chance study.
let them arrest u and deport u to London to face charges now

if that happens please me too wan study online
HAHAHAHAHAHA grin the hustle is real mhen......
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by enigmatique2124: 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
bigtt76:
E yaaa. I feel you. Don't be scared those guys in Lagos are just marketers too aiming for their own commission.

If they disturb you too much involve the police armed with all correspondence with the course advisor etc. It's a bad debt and you dropped out. They can't force you.

It's a lovely course though. Finished one with University of Liverpool and it was quite interesting. Wished you could finish it though.

Hi goodevening. Pls would love to know more about the MSc programme. Sent you a pm. Tanx
Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by tlops(m): 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
Compliance:
Thanks so much, was already thinking of contacting a lawyer and get the legal implications. Was wondering why I'll pay that much without a certificate. I started aasters programme in futa but dropped out due to lack of funding, no one is chasing me around to come and pay for the lectures I attended.

The bolder is your fault. When accepted the admission letter and attended the first lesson you have sealed the deal. That you could not cope or obtain a certificate is your responsibility. I wish you luck though.

Online courses are more demanding than classroom courses.

1 Like

Re: Walden University Is On My Neck. by bigtt76(f): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
You mean with University of Liverpool?

[quote author=enigmatique2124 post=42773458][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scientists Discover Some Evidences Of Life After Death [check In] / Covenant University's Notable Judeo-Christian Architecture (Photos) / Aborted Baby Found In A Hostel In Federal University Oye Ekiti (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.