Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? (1161 Views)

In Need Of Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Screen And S4 Screen / NCC At Work. It Has Started With Airtel. / How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
I just received a samsung galaxy tab 4(7.0) as a gift from my uncle yesterday and since then,I've been confused as to how to get it running.

First and foremost,the tab doesn't support a sim card as it doesn't have a sim card slot.
I tried connecting to a friend's mobile hotspot today but it wasn't still browsing.

My friend is suggesting a wifi router to me but the price is outrageous(15k) and so I decided to post it on here as I am sure to get help.

Pls Technologists and phone gurus,help me with the following;
1. How do I get my tab to start browsing;are there any special settings to be done on it?
2. Which is the best way of network provision to my tab? Is it the router or there is another cheaper and better means?
3. Help me review the phone if you can and tell me things I'm supposed to know[if there are any] before using the tab.

Thanks alot and the mods should pls help me out.
Cc: Honsule,puskin and dragnet
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by emmy4lov(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
holyFRED:
I just received a samsung galaxy tab 4(7.0) as a gift from my uncle yesterday and since then,I've been confused as to how to get it running.

First and foremost,the tab doesn't support a sim card as it doesn't have a sim card slot.
I tried connecting to a friend's mobile hotspot today but it wasn't still browsing.

My friend is suggesting a wifi router to me but the price is outrageous(15k) and so I decided to post it on here as I am sure to get help.

Pls Technologists and phone gurus,help me with the following;
1. How do I get my tab to start browsing;are there any special settings to be done on it?
2. Which is the best way of network provision to my tab? Is it the router or there is another cheaper and better means?
3. Help me review the phone if you can and tell me things I'm supposed to know[if there are any] before using the tab.

Thanks alot and the mods should pls help me out.
Cc: Honsule,puskin and dragnet

to get is browsing, you can get any Android phone with hot spot. . just connect by powering hot spot on ur android and connect via wifi on ur tab4. . ur android with hotspot must have data bundle in it ..
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
emmy4lov:

to get is browsing, you can get any Android phone with hot spot. . just connect by powering hot spot on ur android and connect via wifi on ur tab4. . ur android with hotspot must have data bundle in it ..
Thanks alot.

But how do I go about my own personal browsing?
Must I get a new phone that has hotspot too?
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by MzPecs(f): 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Tallesty1 angry
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
MzPecs:
Tallesty1 angry
Thanks for calling him. I really need a good advice before I end up bashing this tab in anger embarassed
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by MzPecs(f): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
holyFRED:

Thanks for calling him.
I really need a good advice before I end up bashing this tab in anger embarassed
Calm down sweery.

I'm sure someone will come to your aid soon! smiley
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
MzPecs:
Calm down sweery.
I'm sure someone will come to your aid soon! smiley
smileysmiley
Thanks dear smiley. The thing is vexing me walahi cheesy
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by lovely17(m): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
People don't still know that Google.com solves everything
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
lovely17:
People don't still know that Google.com solves everything
Calm down bro!

I already did some work on google but didn't get what I was looking for.
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Mafia4life(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
holyFRED:

Thanks alot.

Haaa.... If someone holds your tab and automatically SIM port appears in it, wont you be freaked out to death seeing such mysterious act? The best suggestion is with the help of SIM-enabled device. Forget Mifi Router, buy a dirt cheap second hand tecno phone from a broke azz fellow for less than 4k jor... Hotspot with the Tecno by using Glo BIS on it.
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Mafia4life:
Haaa.... If someone holds your tab and automatically SIM port appears in it, wont you be freaked out to death seeing such mysterious act? The best suggestion is with the help of SIM-enabled device. Forget Mifi Router, buy a dirt cheap second hand tecno phone from a broke azz fellow for less than 4k jor... Hotspot with the Tecno by using Glo BIS on it.
Thanks bro....

Really helpful smiley
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by lovely17(m): 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
holyFRED:

Calm down bro!

I already did some work on google but didn't get what I was looking for.
you didn't search well bro people will surely have had the same problems read the way they solved it
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
lovely17:
you didn't search well bro people will surely have had the same problems read the way they solved it
Most of them use routers but they are expensive to me.

I would probably go for the idea of buying a 'little' phone and using the hot spot.
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Tallesty1(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
lovely17:
There's no solution to it since there's no sim slot.

The only option is to get an entry level android phone and connect via hotspot like someone already suggested.

That version is a wifi only version and cannot connect directly to any carrier network.
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Tallesty1(m): 11:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
MzPecs:
Tallesty1 angry
Why the face nah Nnem? Are we enemies?
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by emmy4lov(m): 6:19am On Feb 09, 2016
holyFRED:

Thanks alot.

your tab can only access the Internet via wifi. so its either you get an Android device with hot spot or you get a wifi router .. you can get fearly used techno like 5k with hot spot. . and u can even twick the imei so u can use glo bis oh it (3g-1k) ...

hope u understand what I mean .?
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by MzPecs(f): 12:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
Tallesty1:
Why the face nah Nnem? Are we enemies?
No, we're not!
The face was actually pleading for an answer to the OP's question. smiley
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Tallesty1:
There's no solution to it since there's no sim slot.

The only option is to get an entry level android phone and connect via hotspot like someone already suggested.

That version is a wifi only version and cannot connect directly to any carrier network.
Thanks a million bro smiley.

This is exactly what I would do.
Re: How Do I Get Started With My Samsung Galaxy Tab4? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
emmy4lov:
your tab can only access the Internet via wifi. so its either you get an Android device with hot spot or you get a wifi router .. you can get fearly used techno like 5k with hot spot. . and u can even twick the imei so u can use glo bis oh it (3g-1k) ...

hope u understand what I mean .?
Yea I do.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Smartphones Will Nokia C9 / Etisalat. Get 50mb Plus N900 Airtime To Call All Network On Flex 300. / Help My Updated Uc Browser Does Not Play Videos Offline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.