Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,179 members, 7,807,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD (14481 Views)

NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NNPC Depots Run Dry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by ril19(m): 12:55am On Feb 09, 2016
bubu is really trying hard to convince us all that northerners are the only once competent enough to hold offices. SMBH (shaking my big/black head) grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Oz4realsss: 1:19am On Feb 09, 2016
kulikuli26:
This is long overdue. With what I have heard about Dr Baru from friends working in NNPC, I think this is a good decision. Dr Baru's professionalism and integrity earned him this. Feat. I pray God help him deliver base on his competence.
Is he the only professional in that field with an unblemished integrity!? Spare me this nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by menix(m): 1:34am On Feb 09, 2016
We all saw it coming, Buhari deceiving the easterners since 1983...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by PenSniper: 1:45am On Feb 09, 2016
mynd1:
Must u always politicise everything? What is wrong with u people Mtcheww.

In case you don't know, another name for waillers is hecklers. They reason by their emotions rather than their brains because they are gifted with less of the latter.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Lanretoye(m): 1:51am On Feb 09, 2016
mynd1:
Good decision. Now our minister petroleum (state)mr Kachiku can now face his work properly without any distraction.

God bless Nigeria.
Thanks for reminding them that he is still the minister of state for petroleum resources,see them dey shout already like say them don collect their bread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by skyman200(m): 3:13am On Feb 09, 2016
Is a big pity for south south people, buhari change is for the north only
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by tempest01(m): 3:29am On Feb 09, 2016
Coming back when it is confirmed
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by allthingsgood: 3:40am On Feb 09, 2016
B69U:
IF THEY GIVE THAT POSITION TO THE PEOPLE, THE OIL FLOWS FROM THEIR LAND FOR A CHANGE, WAT WILL HAPPEN?

MUST THE OCCUPANT OF THE POSITION ALWAYS BE NORTHERNERS? WHY DONT DEY GIVE A NIGER DELTAN MINISTER OF FCT IN ABUJA.

NORTHERNERS ARE GREEDY, IN NIGERIA THEY EAT THEIR OWN ALONE AND EAT ANOTHER MAN OWN TOO.

MUST YOU BE TRIBALISTIC ALL THE PEOPLE THEY APPOINTED FROM UR VILLAGE, WHAT DID THEY DO FOR U?

Mtscheeew

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by OfoIgbo: 4:25am On Feb 09, 2016
If this news is true, what it means is that
1. A northerner is the substantive minister of Petroleum
2. A northerner is the GMD of NNPC

So the two most important positions in the Nigerian oil industry are now occupied by northerners who don't even produce a cup of oil, and who are already favoured in other important ministries and parastatals

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Iroh88(m): 5:07am On Feb 09, 2016
mynd1:
Must u always politicise everything? What is wrong with u people Mtcheww.
Think I just discovered the most beautiful lady on the forum. Wow!! cheesy

Donphilopus, come and see sontin oo!!
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Ausbongean: 5:11am On Feb 09, 2016
next is CBN governor better start finding work your future is not bright with this bubu provided your DNA is not Hausa Fulani

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 09, 2016
Iroh88:
Think I just discovered the most beautiful lady on the forum. Wow!! cheesy

Donphilopus, come and see sontin oo!!

Check her signature, ud see she's Hausa Fulani. I guess that explains her stance. Of course she would see nothing wrong in the president favoring her own people. What's disgusting is that she's accusing someone of politicizing her tribalism‎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2016
mynd1:
Good decision. Now our minister petroleum (state)mr Kachiku can now face his work properly without any distraction.

God bless Nigeria.

Not a good one in general. Fashola is the minister of Power, works and housing because of his outstanding performance during his tenure as governor of Lagos state.
Kachukwu was also the former VP Exxon Mobil Nigeria. He is a first class graduate of law and has over 30years experience in oil and gas.
So if Fashola can run three super ministries without distraction, Kachukwu can run six (6) without any headache grin
The good decision is to assign him the full petroleum ministerial position or leave it the way it used to be... grin
This 'change' at NNPC is scattering my parols...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by likila: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
kachikwu is the minister of state in that industry, It is impossible for him to hold 2 offices. So why the fuss about the new appointment.

but a foolish somebody is holding the offices of president and minister of petroleum together.

if them say you no get sense naw, you go begin vex.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by diasporaman(m): 5:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Northernization of Nigeria is becoming glaring day by day
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:45am On Feb 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
I laugh at the south south.. .. Sha u people say u prefer one Nigeria to a country where resource control is the order

U say igbos want to dominate u. .. but u don't see hausas doing so

When una ready make una wake up

Lower Niger Republic for life jor

Well said, most of Buhari's appointments should not be a surprise. Do you hear that some people from Kachikwu's area are saying that they are not Igbo, and came from Bini or Yoruba or the Moon, or that Okowa doesn't belong to "Biafra"? Do you know that Okorocha and Amaechi spent public funds to campaign for those that staged coups and could not pay salaries or complete projects in their state?

Did you see the folks in Abia state dancing because the SC upheld a party that raped the state for 16 years as "victor" so that the rape can continue?

And for the Southwest, what where they afraid of another term for an Ijaw man as President, when OBJ did not do much in 8 years time. Among things, the completion of an International airport in Enugu and seaport in Akwa Ibom and the financial implications that holds.
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 09, 2016
I know a lot of people here are going to accuse me of decieving myself....but I am going to have my say.

What benefit does the North get from having a Northerner as NNPC boss?

The answer would be that "he can give jobs to his boys and girls''. Fine. But....how many Northerners can the guy employ? How would the employees benefit the economy of the North? How would any appointees end the unemployment in the North?(Especially as federal character makes things tougher).

The problem with us Southerners is that we focus too much on government white collar jobs,which at the end of the day, benefit very few people relative to the population,and do nothing for the economy.

For six years,we had a Southerner in charge of NNPC,and the Petroleum ministry. How many Southerners got jobs? Isn't the economy of the Delta still in bad shape?

I may be a Northern dupe....but I think it is high time we Southerners put our education to good use...in developing innovative businesses.....and stopped focusing on white collar jobs that only benefit a tiny elite...regardless of whether the minister is Northern or Southern.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Tunami(m): 5:59am On Feb 09, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
kachikwu is the minister of state in that industry, It is impossible for him to hold 2 offices. So why the fuss about the new appointment.

what of buhari that is the president and also a minister?.
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:06am On Feb 09, 2016
adipemcanis1:
I know a lot of people here are going to accuse me of decieving myself....but I am going to have my say.

What benefit does the North get from having a Northerner as NNPC boss?

The answer would be that "he can give jobs to his boys and girls''. Fine. But....how many Northerners can the guy employ? How would the employees benefit the economy of the North? How would any appointees end the unemployment in the North?(Especially as federal character makes things tougher).

The problem with us Southerners is that we focus too much on government white collar jobs,which at the end of the day, benefit very few people relative to the population,and do nothing for the economy.

For six years,we had a Southerner in charge of NNPC,and the Petroleum ministry. How many Southerners got jobs? Isn't the economy of the Delta still in bad shape?

I may be a Northern dupe....but I think it is high time we Southerners put our education to good use...in developing innovative businesses.....and stopped focusing on white collar jobs that only benefit a tiny elite...regardless of whether the minister is Northern or Southern.

LIE LIE. It's not about how many northern or southern boys or girls get jobs. It is about control. Pure and simple. Those of the war era in 1967 asked for confederation, resource control, and to go about development of their people's land on their own accord, but British backed 31 year old Gowon refused, and today, the FG at the center controls everything. You go to school and then open a business, say cement, and make money. Guess what, the FG can shut you down for nothing. You go to school, do well in economics, become CBN chair with a chance of strengthening the Naira, guess what, the FG can shut you down. You build a viable airport or seaport, even get Air France to ask for landing rights at your terminal, the FG shuts it down and blocks it. The FG can even be overthrown by coupist, who would then create "states" anyhow, favoring one region with more positions, more allocations, more clout, and your region is just managing. Then you get an Ijaw man as President, and already those that were once 1 of 4, who connived to be 19 of 36, are mostly sabotaging your regime, you have to appoint many of them in your administration which waste opportunity, and on election night, you too, are pretty much shut down.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Juve4(m): 6:07am On Feb 09, 2016
am waitin to get the real source of the information but if its true it is too bad for this country.
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:28am On Feb 09, 2016
Rubbish! That means the North is in firm grip of the petroleum sector while the SS only get to manage junior minister.

Anyway, I don't blame this government because even the ex-SS Petroleum minister was a flop to the highest order.
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Junior66(m): 6:34am On Feb 09, 2016
okay na
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by adexdon(m): 6:42am On Feb 09, 2016
jst wait and see
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:59am On Feb 09, 2016
This is a big stunt from the OP, just finished browsing on top Nigerian Newspaper online, and this shit isn't on their headlines...
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by anonimi: 7:01am On Feb 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Rubbish! That means the North is in firm grip of the petroleum sector while the SS only get to manage junior minister.

Anyway, I don't blame this government because even the ex-SS Petroleum minister was a flop to the highest order.

How do you mean- she was a flop
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 09, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:

Bro he's not from the East ok, and we can never be deceived....
tell him ooo,,it's nt a bad idea,at least he would b able to concentrate more as the minister of state for petroleum resources..
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by Clerverly: 7:18am On Feb 09, 2016
lalasticlala this is a Fake News! Beside Amechi's reply to Wike hasn't made Front page.. Why?
Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by dokunbam(m): 7:31am On Feb 09, 2016
Inspectahdeck:

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by yamunla(m): 8:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Be there

Re: Breaking: Presidency Replaces Kachikwu As NNPC GMD by yemmynoni: 8:20am On Feb 09, 2016
mynd1:

God bless Nigeria.
na only u get sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH / BREAKING NEWS ! NNAMDI KANU ARRESTED / Half Of Dapchi Schoolgirls Taken To Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.