Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince (6808 Views)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2016
1 Corinthians 1:31
…“He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

If someone asks you, “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” you would probably tell him, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved,” wouldn’t you?
Well, a rich, young ruler asked Jesus the same question, but instead of telling him to believe in Him, Jesus gave him the law. (Mark 10:17–22)

Jesus saw that the young ruler lived his life taking pride in his ability to keep the law to earn salvation and the favor of God. But because of His love for the man, Jesus had to show him that those who live by the law must realize that their self-efforts cannot save them.

He therefore reminded him, “You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery…‘Do not steal...‘Honor your father and your mother.’” The young ruler showed that his trust was in his law-keeping when he replied, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”
So Jesus had to tell him, “One thing you lack…sell whatever you have and give to the poor…and come…and follow Me.” When the young ruler heard that, he walked away sorrowful.

When we boast of having kept the law, it will always point out something we lack or have failed to obey. The law is so holy and perfect that if we don’t keep even one iota of it, it has no choice but to judge and curse us. (Galatians 3:10) That is what the law was designed to do.

God does not want us to boast in our abilities to keep the law. If we are to have confidence in anything at all, if we are to boast in anything at all, it is in the grace of God. Only His grace can completely keep, save, heal, deliver and bless us.

So let’s not boast in what we have done or are able to do, but boast in His grace for us—that He is our strength, health, favor, provision, wisdom, hope, salvation and glory. That is how we will see ourselves enjoying our inheritance of abundant life!

Thought For The Day

Only His grace, not our works, can save, keep, heal, deliver and bless us.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/boast-in-gods-grace-for-you/

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:41am On Feb 10, 2016
noted
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
evening
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by mayorall(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Everything is by grace . Even prayers

"I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn. Zar 12vs10

2 Likes

Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by 2sex(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
mayorall:
Everything is by grace . Even prayers

"I will pour out on the house of David and on the
inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of
supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they
have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one
mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly
over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn. Zar 12vs10
hey brother. Buzz me on whatsapp Na. Lost my phone
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
mayorall:
Everything is by grace . Even prayers "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn. Zar 12vs10
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
evening
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
noted
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:17am On Feb 13, 2016
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
afternoon
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:16am On Feb 28, 2016
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by ttime(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
jiggaz:
1 Corinthians 1:31
…“He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”

If someone asks you, “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” you would probably tell him, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved,” wouldn’t you?
Well, a rich, young ruler asked Jesus the same question, but instead of telling him to believe in Him, Jesus gave him the law. (Mark 10:17–22)

Jesus saw that the young ruler lived his life taking pride in his ability to keep the law to earn salvation and the favor of God. But because of His love for the man, Jesus had to show him that those who live by the law must realize that their self-efforts cannot save them.

He therefore reminded him, “You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery…‘Do not steal...‘Honor your father and your mother.’” The young ruler showed that his trust was in his law-keeping when he replied, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”
So Jesus had to tell him, “One thing you lack…sell whatever you have and give to the poor…and come…and follow Me.” When the young ruler heard that, he walked away sorrowful.

When we boast of having kept the law, it will always point out something we lack or have failed to obey. The law is so holy and perfect that if we don’t keep even one iota of it, it has no choice but to judge and curse us. (Galatians 3:10) That is what the law was designed to do.

God does not want us to boast in our abilities to keep the law. If we are to have confidence in anything at all, if we are to boast in anything at all, it is in the grace of God. Only His grace can completely keep, save, heal, deliver and bless us.

So let’s not boast in what we have done or are able to do, but boast in His grace for us—that He is our strength, health, favor, provision, wisdom, hope, salvation and glory. That is how we will see ourselves enjoying our inheritance of abundant life!

Thought For The Day

Only His grace, not our works, can save, keep, heal, deliver and bless us.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/boast-in-gods-grace-for-you/

Beautiful
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
afternoon
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
evening
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2016
jiggaz:
evening
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:55pm On May 04, 2016
ttime:
Beautiful
yes, totally awesome.
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2016
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:37am On May 16, 2016
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:46am On May 22, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2016
morning...
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2016
jiggaz:
morning...
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:49am On Jun 26, 2016
morning
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by chimah3(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2016
grin
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by veekid(m): 8:51am On Jun 26, 2016
Our moderators, pastors don wake
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by Psylas(m): 8:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Thunder fire God!

why couldn't He save these people murdered in Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aILPC3WH1ao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice write-up

Since Feb na now e enter front page

The patient dog eat the Biggest Bone
No matter who u are if u are good u would be discovered

What I learnt from this thread
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by ifenes(m): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2016
The law did not include Slavery and Rape. Apparently if you kept the 10 commandments and you are a serial rapist you are good in the sight of the bible god(men)

1 Like

Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by dahmie2013: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2016
God's grace is sufficient 4 me. It has been His Grace & Mercy all d way. Op, thanks 4 sharing.
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by richidinho(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2016
U cant see them here

Anyway, we are living by his grace, every other thing is add ons
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 26, 2016
ifenes:
The law did not include Slavery and Rape. Apparently if you kept the 10 commandments and you are a serial rapist you are good in the sight of the bible god(men)
Bros
Re: Boast In God's Grace For You - Joseph Prince by watchindelta(m): 9:22am On Jun 26, 2016
God Grace is Wit me n my House Hood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PROOF Muslim Religion Worshipers Worship Idols Instead Of God / Back-to-sender Doctrine Is Anti- Christ / Destroying Ancestral Altars/agents (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.