Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member (26958 Views)

"I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by SpencerLewis(m): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2016
kennygee:
Can't hospitals get closed for things like this?
My immortal beloveth Kennygee, our laws are not that strict and our justice system is just ridiculous. But the story doesn't add up. As a doctor, there is no way tha baby on oxygen wd have died b/c light went off. Oxygen cylinders are not connected to electricity unless oxygen concentrators which doesn't give 100% oxygen unlike the ones from the cylinder.
Most likely, a case of misdiagnosis from the 1st hospital they went.
Which one is teething fever kwanu? Lay man language when fever comes around during teething period. Most of the fever are due to poorly treated malaria or due to sepsis or a flu.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2016
yemmight:
And yet we have a sitting Governor.
just imagine
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 09, 2016
SpencerLewis:

My immortal beloveth Kennygee, our laws are not that strict and our justice system is just ridiculous. But the story doesn't add up. As a doctor, there is no way tha baby on oxygen wd have died b/c light went off. Oxygen cylinders are not connected to electricity unless oxygen concentrators which doesn't give 100% oxygen unlike the ones from the cylinder.
Most likely, a case of misdiagnosis from the 1st hospital they went.
Which one is teething fever kwanu? Lay man language when fever comes around during teething period. Most of the fever are due to poorly treated malaria or due to sepsis or a flu.

But how can they dispose a body like that.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by yemmight(m): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2016
texazzpete:

It's a private Hospital. Don't be silly, what has the Governor got to do with this?

Oponu. So private hospitals do run without State controls. Or cant state sanction such hospital? You are very clueless with your response. We are talking about someone loosing his child and you are saying its private. Because you are private you can anyhow without govevenment sanctions. Olopolo kiku.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2016
Chai!!!ayodele hospital....hmmmm!!!!that hospital na death trap....let me share my lil experience surrounding that death trap....I once had an accident in front of that hospital around 1am,I wasn't drunk o,the car was a write off.luckily,I and my friends came out alive with no scratch.A man came over to help us and asked if we were okay,we all checked and said yes but he warned us that if we notice any injury later,please do not visit any other hospital,go straight to ayodele hospital and surprisingly he added "else"...thank God we were all okay...the next morning when we went to remove the remains of the car from the road,we saw drops of blood on it,we come they imagine wetin happen.am sure most of the bike men that ply that road will tell you a story or 2 about Ayodele hospital
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by helpee(m): 11:38am On Feb 09, 2016
nigerians just hear one side of the story and the next thing is that the hospital must be closed. na wah oh. My guess is this... the baby was very very sick. once they tell you at general hospital they dont have a bed space, know for sure it is a bad case. general hospital will never directly tell you they dont want to accept a bad case, they will tell you no bed. If they had gone to ayinke too, they would have been referred to LUTH on account of no bed. You blame ayodele for power failure....what if the generators refused to work which has happened severall times before? Ayodele must be blamed too for the negligence of NEPA and our govt. This patient probably didnt deposit a kobo, thats why they wanted to collect their medical fee at least the baby was on oxygen before light went off. i am not holding brief for ayodele but i can guess what happens in private hospital. By the time the management responds, you will know this is likely the scenario. RIP beautiful child

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by debbydee(f): 11:38am On Feb 09, 2016
This is heart breaking

i feel for the family and the child he must have struggled so hard. But please before visiting any hospital lets us make our research very well.

Evil will not befall us in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by justmenoni: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Jesus christ, this is so terrible... I think our govt needs to do alot in regards to the health sustem...let them build world class hospitals or find foreign investors for these then close down all this big hospitals and then make health insurance compulsory for everyone, they can even forget about the 5000 naira and free food...

if u know you have a health coverage you won't hesitate to go to the hospital and this way both the rich and the poor will have equal treatment.. Yes this is not easy but at least let pmb do this for us alongside the electricity and transport problem and of cos agriculture and we will forever be grateful to God and him.

Of cos they should control and implement family planning system and drugs supply system

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 11:42am On Feb 09, 2016
texazzpete:

It's also quite daft of you to generalize.

Even more daft of you to particularize!
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Exmay(m): 11:42am On Feb 09, 2016
RIP to the Baby...

That being said, there are a lot of things flawed in this report.
First, there is nothing like 'Toothing Fever'. So don't try appeal for people's sympathy by down playing the sickness as if it is something minute. With the way the fever was described as being high grade and fluctuating, I will be sticking my head with Septicaemia(until otherwise proven). So the question to ask is since what is the time interval between onset and presentation.

Secondly, setting intravenous access in scalp vein is common in medical practice especially when all other superficial veins have collapsed due to 'whatever'. Thus buttress the first point above.

Thirdly, you will need to sue the FG for failing to provide uninterrupted power supply then you can come back to the hospital.

Lastly, it is routine is most Hospitals (government inclusive) to move a corpse out of the ward to the balcony or backyard. So steering up people's sympathy because of doing the right thing is somehow.

Less I forget, the hospital is on its right to ask for payment for service rendered.
So trying to rubbish the Hospital by putting up its Picture is totally uncalled for.

Once again RIP to the Child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
It's time government and concerned agencies begin to arrest and prosecute medical cent res and their owners for act of negligence like this.Despite all the money they make you will be amazed at the level of nonchalant attitudes of hospital staffs.May the Lord comfort these parents.They did all that they ought to do for their son,but the evil system denied them of their joy.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Orikinla(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2016
dulux07:
So sad sad here in nigeria, most pple dont value human life
. There are many demons pretending to be humans amomg us.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by hiddy88(f): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2016
dat ayodele hospital is a no going area, i think the goverment needs shut down dat hospital
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by ruffcoin99(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2016
I know this hospital, and they are one of the best in the area. May the baby's soul rest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by sirscripture: 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ayodele hospital is an abyss of death. It is structured, founded to kill people. My uncle was admitted here sometime last year after been diagnosed of ulcer of the intestine. Ayodele Dr placed him on observation and several tests were ran. He was their for 10days, and they advised us not to feed him. How will you not feed an illing body? After 7days the man lost his strength and could hardly talk. By then we have spent close to 500,000 on test and other medical stuffs. On the 10th day the Dr advised that we shld take him somewhere else, that none of the test he carried out yielded any known result. Right there, I knew we have been scammed. We took him to Republic of Benin afterwards and they said we have starved him for far too long...he died the second day. Ayodele hospital is a house horror. Be careful please.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by jullary(m): 12:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
It really break my heart. We can't continue this way and expect God to answer our prayer in this country!we continue praying for this country without answer! Just bcosof our wickedness,Even in country that doesn't believe in religion value life.haaaa! Nigerians its a pity how do we get here! and on sunday this people will go to church or friday to mosque.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by TheArchangel(f): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rip to the dead baby.
May the good Lord console the family.

The journalist that wrote that article should be sued by that hospital. What bullshit!! What a sack of bullcrap!!.
When has oxygen administration got anything to do with electricity?
What the fucck is teething fever? Many Nigerians has been lead to believe that a child must have fever before and during teeth eruption. Our level of illiteracy is at an all time high.
And I didn't see the child lying in a dumpster either. Are they expecting the hospital to keep the dead baby in a hospital where there are other sick patients maybe children too to keep on seeing the dead baby, is it to serve as a reminder that they will soon follow or what Enough of this sensational journalism.

That child was very ill and it took the parents time to take him to the hospital..… a government hospital and a private hospital which ultimately caused his health to deteriorate fast. The latter were so unfortunate that the child died in their care, after all they did all that was humanely possible even scrapping the head to search for one of the most difficult superficial veins available to revive. Our health workers go out of their ways to offer their service but their good intentions are often misconstrued.

Imagine oxygen administration being connected through electricity.....huh undecided cry embarassed......even the parents, the child and the hospital staff won't survive the explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by seangy4konji: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
fucking set of idiots...
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by helpee(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
sirscripture:
Ayodele hospital is an abyss of death. It is structured, founded to kill people. My uncle was admitted here sometime last year after been diagnosed of ulcer of the intestine. Ayodele Dr placed him on observation and several tests were ran. He was their for 10days, and they advised us not to feed him. How will you not feed an illing body? After 7days the man lost his strength and could hardly talk. By then we have spent close to 500,000 on test and other medical stuffs. On the 10th day the Dr advised that we shld take him somewhere else, that none of the test he carried out yielded any known result. Right there, I knew we have been scammed. We took him to Republic of Benin afterwards and they said we have starved him for far too long...he died the second day. Ayodele hospital is a house horror. Be careful please.
what you just described here is like scratching the surface. you are probably describing a perforated gut. you wont spend 500k on ulcer if it is not seriously complicated. if it is a perforated gut, they will likely not allow him to eat for a long time. the problem we have in nigeria is that we practically dont have means of administering real parenteral nutrition. yes you can starve a seriously sick patient of food orally. you mean the only thing they diagnosed in republic of benin was HUNGER/STARVATION and he still died the second day. Ngeria is messed up really but it is not everything that is the fault of the doctor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by imsuboi(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

The main reason I stayed away from both. Too mean to be good wives. Life means nothing to those idiiots. They don't even know anything. So sad.

See this illiterate/high-school dropout using this opportunity to take a jab at medical personnel grin grin

Can you even approach a doctor/nurse & speak to her without cowering in fear & shame at your obvious lack of knowledge?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by imsuboi(m): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Exmay:
RIP to the Baby...

That being said, there are a lot of things flawed in this report.
First, there is nothing like 'Toothing Fever'. So don't try appeal for people's sympathy by down playing the sickness as if it is something minute. With the way the fever was described as being high grade and fluctuating, I will be sticking my head with Septicaemia(until otherwise proven). So the question to ask is since what is the time interval between onset and presentation.

Secondly, setting intravenous access in scalp vein is common in medical practice especially when all other superficial veins have collapsed due to 'whatever'. Thus buttress the first point above.

Thirdly, you will need to sue the FG for failing to provide uninterrupted power supply then you can come back to the hospital.

Lastly, it is routine is most Hospitals (government inclusive) to move a corpse out of the ward to the balcony or backyard. So steering up people's sympathy because of doing the right thing is somehow.

Less I forget, the hospital is on its right to ask for payment for service rendered.
So trying to rubbish the Hospital by putting up its Picture is totally uncalled for.

Once again RIP to the Child.

Don't mind them. Just watch how this thread would turn to a doctor-cussing thread.

Idiots that failed to get into Med school, oya come & vent grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by persius555(m): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
adeekiti:
A lot of questions need to be answered in dis country, is anyone working to fight corruption in all the sectors, the answer is No, bribery has damaged a lot in this country. Some investment are not meant to exist but due to bribing your way out, you see them everywhere.. After some many years of independence, can we boast of bein independent ? No, it's crazy everywhere, misconduct, illegal acts, wicked acts.. Anu oluwa sokale
Sadly, there is nothing we do well in this country. Before we all condemn and crucify the hospital, kindly apportion a share of the blame to our comatose power infrastructure. Build the best hospital in the world if you like in nigeria, all it takes to ruin such facility is 18 hours of blackout in a day. How do you expect a hospital that is struggling to pay its staffs from the meagre profit and still expect the same hospital to maintain power supply during outages.
We nigerians are a people that run away from reality and chase shadows and jungle justice.
When nigeria is ready for developmet, we will start giving BRF ultimatum to do an overhaul in that very important sector.
For now, lets continue to count our losses. There is no sector of our life that this power failure has not damaged.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
That's true my brother , it is well
persius555:
Sadly, there is nothing we do well in this country. Before we all condemn and crucify the hospital, kindly apportion a share of the blame to our comatose power infrastructure. Build the best hospital in the world if you like in nigeria, all it takes to ruin such facility is 18 hours of blackout in a day. How do you expect a hospital that is struggling to pay its staffs from the meagre profit and still expect the same hospital to main power supply during outage.
We nigerians are a people that run away from reality and chase shadows and jungle justice.
When nigeria is ready for developmet, we will start giving BRF ultimatum to do an overhaul in that very important sector.
For now, lets continue to count our losses.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by alaskido(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
APC Minister of Health, where are you. This is where you are mostly needed to show your expertise. The family should sue the hospital to court for negligence and the Minister of Health should withdraw their license and close down the hospital.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by donodion(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
NEHLIVE:
Sad. Below are photos of the baby while still alive and on the hospital bed still alive before he died and was allegedly dumped near the refuse

SEE MORE HEARTBREAKING PHOTOS OF THE BABY HERE» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/lagos-hospital-allegedly-allows-6-month.html

F......vk im so emotional right now. Baby is gone unfortunately but a lot can still be done, at least for the health establishment and care workers to situp.

This must go to court.

The father must institute a legal case against the clinic.Copy the ministry of health inclusive. Careless hospital staffs and management must be made example.My goodness look at that cute baby
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
imsuboi:

See this illiterate/high-school dropout using this opportunity to take a jab at medical personnel grin grin

Can you even approach a doctor/nurse & speak to her without cowering in fear & shame at your obvious lack of knowledge?

Is that your best? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Juxtified(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
This thread reminds me of the novel by George Orwell - "Animal Farm"
In Animal Farm the law was that Napoleon, the self imposed ruler, is always right...
Here in Nigeria, when a patient complains about virtually anything, or dies, even without hearing from the hospital, the doctor is always wrong. The nurses are wicked. None of the hospital staff is good. Even when an 100yr old woman dies of heart failure, the fault must have been the doctor's somehow.
When are we going to develop the habit of listening to both sides before passing judgement?
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
imsuboi:

Don't mind them. Just watch how this thread would turn to a doctor-cussing thread.

Idiots that failed to get into Med school, oya come & vent grin grin

If we are all doctors, who will be the engineers, lawyers, teachers, etc? How will the society function? grin
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by imsuboi(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

If we are all doctors, who will be the engineers, lawyers, teachers, etc? How will the society function? grin

cry me a river grin grin
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by helpee(m): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

if all the engineers are doing their work, why are we importing everything.? you will blame govt, power etc but never the engineers. if the lawyers are ok, why do we have cases lingering in court for years...it is the fault of the system right? but when a patient comes to complain about power failure in a hospital, the doctors and the nurses are wicked and must be sued. it is always their fault
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
I helplessly/painfully watched my mum died an avoidable death due negligience/nonchalance of health workers, most of them r demons!
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
imsuboi:

cry me a river grin grin

Ok o. If you are a medical student, don't worry, a lot of people have been through it. If you are a doctor already, don't worry as well. You are not the only Doctor. It is only in naija that you see people bragging and going by dr, engr, barr, arch this and that.

Before Obama became president, he was a prof at Harvard. I don't remember him campaigning as a prof or being addressed as one. But our VP and APC used that as key in their campaign. Obama was presented to the world simply as senator Obama. His political sobriquet.

Enjoy whatever you are called while you can. Nothing do you o. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / Dr Osahon Enabulele For Inauguration As President Of World Medical Association / Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.