Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni (25846 Views)

Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure / Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife / The Idea You Have Could Be Gold In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Jacko1(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
The Ooni is back in the spotlight thats great he making waves pass sanusi sef.... He is the trending ruler now

2 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Irore: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
davidmark4naija:
Why are we not seeing pictures of his necklace, shoe and bathing soup?

My concern is that Channels journalist. She's courageous oh, to face that King with questions without fear abi she no see that staff for the king left hand.
Channels; I beg send male journalists next time for such jobs.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Walelavender(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kayode Fayemi should be reading this. I haven't seen his blueprint for solid minerals exploration. JKF is getting too silent. That ministry is another gateway to the prosperity for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by slimfit1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Well done sir we support your ideas.

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by crestedaguiyi: 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
ok
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by PecE2Make: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
And what is he waiting for? Is it when the oyel is dried up then will he say those that had oyel before you can stay on your own now
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Flexherbal(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Agriculture is there too
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by RitzyPrince(m): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Another propagandist sad
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Atlantian: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Oba picked gold from Ife river and its applauded, but if a Niger Deltan fetched crude oil from the muddy streams, it is treason.

4 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by chudyboy05(m): 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
Chai...he took the Gold without federal permissions

That's an act of Militancy saboteurism...it's offense punishable by Jail
whichever way they want it, bomb will still be going off.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by FuckTheMod: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:

Weyrey leleyi sha grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by abee204: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
may you live long my king smiley
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by mercenary: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
All of them wan die put 4 inside oyel... If no be oyel money dem no go fit do anything.... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by FuckTheMod: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
rassan:
Progressive king, More grease to ur elbow in JESUS name, The first king in Nigeria that bought electric transformer for the whole of Ile-Ife kingdom with modakeke, ifetedo,ipetumodun etc. You are God sent to our young generation
Yes o

Ooni for PRESIDENT

2019 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by 7lives: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
davidmark4naija:
Why are we not seeing pictures of his necklace, shoe and bathing soup?

What is there to see? i was on an excusion to owena river way back, we saw old women checking something inside massive sand that some men were bringing out of a river in their canoe, i never knew they were searching for gold.
So you have not heard of local black soap which are made from palm trees? or the beads that are made from a particular kind of stones? na over Americanisation dey kill us o, we too like foreign things.

5 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by JuanDeDios: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2016

“So I am very proud to say today that what I am wearing is made in Nigeria hundred per cent. This throne, the shoe that I am wearing are made in Nigeria. It is that bad, the soap I use is made in Ile Ife. That is the only way Nigerian economy can grow. So we must lead by example,” the Ooni of Ife stressed.
I love this guy!

Please add made/assembled in Nigeria cars from Innoson or Nissan, then Aba-made shoes and we're good to go! Great king.

2 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by JuanDeDios: 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Yes o

Ooni for PRESIDENT

2019 grin
Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:

Are you out of your senses? Dont ever talk to a first class king like that in ur life,

3 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by JuanDeDios: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Irore:

My concern is that Channels journalist. She's courageous oh, to face that King with questions without fear abi she no see that staff for the king left hand.
Channels; I beg send male journalists next time for such jobs.
What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by adisa204(m): 1:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:

A whole oba of Ife, took something from his own waterside u re quoting book of law and order for, please go and arrest him naw, since u re the #toughcookie

2 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Smooyis(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Long live o king of yoruba cradle.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by chidinwachukwu(m): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
All mouth and no action,everyone forming relevance,and seeking to be noticed under this despondent administration.By this time next year, our Petroleum Minister from Daura,will still do another copycat budget with crude oil price. Gorillas always beaten their empty chests.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by isan(m): 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
Best oba ever

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Nicepoker(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Buhari is only here to explore chad basin for crude. If gold rush news emanated from katsina or any northern states he would have swung into action. So to that ur gold remain underneath.

2 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Nicepoker(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ayomidegbenga1:

Are you out of your senses? Dont ever talk to a first class king like that in ur life,
when niger deltans refine their crude locally in the creeks FG will show face.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Nicepoker(m): 2:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
adisa204:
A whole oba of Ife, took something from his own waterside u re quoting book of law and order for, please go and arrest him naw, since u re the #toughcookie
when I scoop crude from my bck yard no vex o.
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by jamjo: 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Olabestonic001:

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/02/07/nigeria-beyond-oil-ooni-of-ife-says-ifes-gold-needs-exploration/

This is what i want to hear, in as much as i don't want to forget about oil and Gas because it still have a lot to offer to Nigeria economy . I support what ooni is saying but the only way this will be successfully is through resources control . That is why federalism is what Nigeria need, I have heard people made this argument that state won't survive without federal money but to me that is a big fat lie , just we as country became lazy with the discovery of crude . Just study our thirty six state there is no state in Nigeria without one mineral resource just allow the states to control and see where Nigeria economy will be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by Ahmed3rdjuly: 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
A true king has ascended the throne. May his reign bring peace and prosperity to Ife and the world at large. May God keep him so he wont derail from the good path. Amen

1 Like

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by henrybomb(m): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by onatisi(m): 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Flyoruboy:
Ooni, no be only Gold, just recently it was announced that Osun has detected 60,000,000 (Sixty million) active Cocoa trees in the state. We need to forget about Oil and develop other sources of revenue. Oil discovery has proved to be a curse on this country and bred laziness over time.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/osun-detects-60m-active-cocoa-trees/

Who is stopping Nigerians from exploring the solid minerals?
If anyone knows he or she has the capital then let such a person venture into the business. Nigerians wont do that now Nd they will be calling on government until Chinese and Indians move into it

2 Likes

Re: Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
Gold in Ife?

It is possible there is gold in Ife but I'm very sure of the one in Ilesa which is of placer deposit.

Nigeria is really blessed with solid minerals distributed everywhere. There is no state in Nigeria without a solid mineral. If only government can look into this then oil and gas wouldn't dictate our economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awa Yorubas, We Too Much : Yoruba Cultural Dance Across The Globe. / Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. / Nigerian Languages Listed According To States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.