Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 (23812 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by FuckTheMod: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hmn
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by FuckTheMod: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
So, who is her abobaku...??
Na u na
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Odeyinigbin(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sunree o,mama baba Oba
Majokunnu,mama jekolo
Ohun tiwon nba je lajule orun ni koma bawon he
Ipade dorun,o doju ala
Sunnree o,mama oninu ire.
Odowuro Ojo ajinde,
Aopade lese Jesu oluwa
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Lawmosh(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
RIP TO HER. but is it possible for the woman to be really up to 104? when her son is just 40 that means she gave birth to him at 64!!! Shey na 70 she reached menopause?.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Elumighty: 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
So, who is her abo6baku...??
U of course
Trouble maker... Mtchewwwww
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Tearg1: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chai!!!!! Ota this is another opportunity for APC to show say na dem ni get Nigeria ...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by lailo: 2:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
D next family to become Ooni should just 4get about it till d next 70years bcs it seems dis Ooni go get longlife die.Ask d grandma grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by babtuns76(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
IYA IYA Oba
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by nicestguy1: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
So, who is her abobaku...??

Y u like 2 dey start trouble like dis....wetin concern u with d bobaku mata nw....?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Fabulousfriday5: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Seequadry:
@104.....kilo tun ku?..resting lo sure juu
@ 104,Iya oba sunn re o
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by 2n2k(m): 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lawmosh:
RIP TO HER. but is it possible for the woman to be really up to 104? when her son is just 40 that means she gave birth to him at 64!!! Shey na 70 she reached menopause?.

Ooni is her grandson not the son
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by sweetgala(m): 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
RIP!
She definitely departed with the knowledge that her grandson is the protectorate and custodian of the throne and Origin of the Yoruba race.

Definitely she'd get a sorta Royal burial. smiley

If the family stick to culture and traditions, which I doubt they will given they've broken any at every given turn if it does not satisfy their desires , for the first 360 days after the Ooni becomes king and until the Oracle allows there should not be any party, celebration, burial etc in Ife.

For instance the coronation ceremony which went on for a week should never have held until late 2016 at best, but this is a king that wears a crown in church and failed to even complete the enthronement rites in ilode for 3 months.

He is an interesting king, but he should leave that custodian of Yoruba tradition out of it.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by BIGTinfotech: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Different stroke for different folks. The guy is cool as far as i'm concerned.
sweetgala:

If the family stick to culture and traditions, which I doubt they will given they've broken any at every given turn if it does not satisfy their desires , for the first 360 days after the Ooni becomes king and until the Oracle allows there should not be any party, celebration, burial etc in Ife.

For instance the coronation ceremony which went on for a week should never have held until late 2016 at best, but this is a king that wears a crown in church and failed to even complete the enthronement rites in ilode for 3 months.

He is an interesting king, but he should leave that custodian of Yoruba tradition out of it.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Many Nigerians are now hitting the century mark. I will also age gracefully.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by sweetgala(m): 2:09am On Feb 10, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
Different stroke for different folks. The guy is cool as far as i'm concerned.

Different strokes does not include tradition, he elected to be the custodian of his ancestors heritage. He has no right to change it at will.

If he is no ready to conform he can abdicate.

I would not contest that he has a lot of promise and having a young energetic king is great for the dwindling Ife condition.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:26am On Feb 10, 2016
May her soul rest in peace, may God bless me and mine with long life and health.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by BIGTinfotech: 5:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Except you're an 'ancestor', I don't see where he has gone wrong in anyway. Mind you the 'ifa priests' were the one who chose Him.

By the way how's ife condition dwindling?
sweetgala:

Different strokes does not include tradition, he elected to be the custodian of his ancestors heritage. He has no right to change it at will.

If he is no ready to conform he can abdicate.

I would not contest that he has a lot of promise and having a young energetic king is great for the dwindling Ife condition.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by sweetgala(m): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
Except you're an 'ancestor', I don't see where he has gone wrong in anyway. Mind you the 'ifa priests' were the one who chose Him.

By the way how's ife condition dwindling?

Brother let's just live it at that, I am not just from Ife I am by providence in a position where I know more about his enthronement.

Let's just say he has promise. But things are yet to unfold so we'll live it at that
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 by BIGTinfotech: 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good for you.
I'm also by 'providence' exposed to the cultures and traditions of the ife people, that I might pass for an indigene.
sweetgala:

Brother let's just live it at that, I am not just from Ife I am by providence in a position where I know more about his enthronement.

Let's just say he has promise. But things are yet to unfold so we'll live it at that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distinguishing Physical Characteristics Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups / Sa'ad Abubakar, Sultan Of Sokoto Kicks Against Restructuring / Learning French Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.