Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 PM

Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope (12973 Views)

Jealousy Kill Relationships: How To Break Free From Your Jealousy / Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? / Relationships: How To Make A Great First Impression In Love, Tip That Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by horexy(f): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2016
Not every word is meant to be said or every question asked.
There should be room for comfortable silence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 12, 2016
Barselonia:
all these happened When u are on social media....Facebook, whatsapp.. etc...

once u are out of discussion, irrelevant discussion comes up.....

Because he/She wouldn't want to be online without communicating to u,,That's When all those talk comes up...

example... u know Am at work...

She: were are u?

me: at work

she: What are u doing?

me: at work na

she: u and who is at work?

me: maadam, he b like u go enter taxi come meet me for office and see say I dey work oo...

she: sey I can't know u and who dey work ni....

me: (I Don off data )

too much question ennnnn

Anyway dis question keep me communicating with her every time...But it's annoying atimes

This is the summary. This is why I don't chat with my girl.

We want to talk, we call and it's never boring.
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Barselonia(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2016
Secretario:

This is the summary. This is why I don't chat with my girl.

We want to talk, we call and it's never boring.

I get u...But If necessary to communicate a message to a friend on either whatsapp Or Facebook and She sees u online, u Don enter Am....

so u dey talk dem abi.. u can't talk to me...
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by kaboninc(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2016
Rollar:
I think its high time ladies started actively participating in and even guiding conversations with their boyfriends. If your guy has a routine of calling and drilling you with questions, then simply direct the flow of discussion next time he calls. The problem is that most Naija ladies lack the capacity to maintain intriguing conversations, thus after how are you and how was your day, they lapse into silence and allow the guy to fire a barrage of questions at them. Here's a revolutionary idea, for once be the one to call your boyfriend and talk about something interesting. Don't give him a chance to ask you what you ate and where/how you ate it cool

I wonder how such relationships exist.

Not just boyfriend/girlfriend thingy but even casual friendships.
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 12, 2016
End time sharing
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by ayusco85(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2016
Gaborone:
Partners should be friends, and sharing 'irrelevant information' is what friends do.

The world out there is tense enough. Heaven knows one isn't, perhaps shouldn't always be in the mood to discuss global warming and national and international politics. There should be time to share the little nothings. Me thinks it can be a channel through which partners not only bond, but one through which they de-stress.

smiley

#nice and fresh topic by the way.

I can totally relate to what u saying. I think there is nothing bad on knowing ur boos itinerary for d day. It's just a way of bonding, the more u know abt hw she spend her day the more info u ve abt her. Especially if it's a long distance relationship.
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
ShitHead:
This niggga dey here dey talk about "over sharing" shiit...I no dey share at all. Na this over sharing shiit dey cause heartbreak, thus...emmmm, suicide shiit. That shiit is boring. Mind your fvcking shiit make I mind my own shiit. Shiit.
grin grin grin

But you not sharing at all could be dangerous too. Communication in relationship is very important. How do you know who your lady is if you don't share?

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
Gaborone:
Partners should be friends, and sharing 'irrelevant information' is what friends do.

The world out there is tense enough. Heaven knows one isn't, perhaps shouldn't always be in the mood to discuss global warming and national and international politics. There should be time to share the little nothings. Me thinks it can be a channel through which partners not only bond, but one through which they de-stress.

smiley

#nice and fresh topic by the way.
Wao.

You I right , But I think partners mood should be studied too. Given the economy situation, a tired and probably pissed partner shouldn't be bored with uninteresting topics.

It may be displeasing to such partner triggering negative reactions.

I think there should be a limit smiley

# Thanks

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
horexy:

Not every word is meant to be said or every question asked.
There should be room for comfortable silence
hmmmmmm

You are right.

what if your man doesn't know this and shares all with you , how will you cope?
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Ximonak: 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
Barselonia:
all these happened When u are on social media....Facebook, whatsapp.. etc...

once u are out of discussion, irrelevant discussion comes up.....

Because he/She wouldn't want to be online without communicating to u,,That's When all those talk comes up...

example... u know Am at work...

She: were are u?

me: at work

she: What are u doing?

me: at work na

she: u and who is at work?

me: maadam, he b like u go enter taxi come meet me for office and see say I dey work oo...

she: sey I can't know u and who dey work ni....

me: (I Don off data )

too much question ennnnn

Anyway dis question keep me communicating with her every time...But it's annoying atimes
So on point...

She: wats happnin
Me: work things
She: wat is d wrk
Me: smiley(huh) am in the office na
She: I know, can't I know wat u r doing in the office
Me: ok, now discussing with my fellow colleagues
She: Hmmmm, so how many r dey?
Me: (huh) like seriously...
She: u don't lik telling me things
Me: so when I fart,shit,mess I should tell you
She: yes na, don't I always tell you wat I do in my own place of work.

God, some ladies if they start talking and you refuse to hear, problem
you tell them no need, problem
you listen and keep mute, problem...

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by poshestmina(f): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
I had a friend back in school that tells her boyfriend virtually everything does undecided.
Baby there's no fuel, baby my charger is bad, baby my roommate has menstrual pain,baby,my roommate's boyfriend's mother is sick shocked shocked,baby,am going to the toilet, class,church, mosque
I had to warn her to stop discussing me sef with her boyfriend when it got too much,

Very annoying I tell you

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Ximonak: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
Diddyydiva:
hmmmmmm

You are right.

what if your man doesn't know this and shares all with you , how will you cope?
Let him know, after like sometimes he ought to know your body language, he will adjust.

But most times it is the other way round.
It's still ladies that complain of the men being more open in relationship
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Alaanyihaji(m): 2:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
You enjoy sharing with one whom you're passionate and affectionate with. If you start being bored with the sharing of a partner, check it out, it could be that the affection is going or the partner is not being creative. To cope with this, try be inject creative ideas into your conversation. Ask searching questions that can keep the brain busy and wean it out of narrating trivialities. Eg. The central bank has rolled out a big cash for Agriculture, to be disbursed through the commercial banks; how can we tap into it to create a multiple string of income my dear?

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
Well, over sharing atimes wades off suspicion. Those in long distace relationship can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Ptoocool(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Alaanyihaji:
You enjoy sharing with one whom you're passionate and affectionate with. If you start being bored with the sharing of a partner, check it out, it could be that the affection is going or the partner is not being creative. To cope with this, try be inject creative ideas into your conversation. Ask searching questions that can keep the brain busy and wean it out of narrating trivialities. Eg. The central bank has rolled out a big cash for Agriculture, to be disbursed through the commercial banks; how can we tap into it to create a multiple string of income my dear?

God Bless You..
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Wao.

You I right , But I think partners mood should be studied too. Given the economy situation, a tired and probably pissed partner shouldn't be bored with uninteresting topics.

It may be displeasing to such partner triggering negative reactions.

think there should be a limit smiley

# Thanks
me thinks the moment limits and boundaries starts coming up in a relationship you are having second thoughts then..or lemme say second option.

sharing your day to day activities with your partner is a good way of bonding especially when both partners shares theirs it doesn't have to be on bed before you share how you feel or what you do with your partner, BTW I wonder what you want to discuss with him any time you both chatting or calling,maybe about naira falling who know grin

my thoughts though smiley
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
pucelle:

me thinks the moment limits and boundaries starts coming up in a relationship you are having second thoughts then..or lemme say second option.

sharing your day to day activities with your partner is a good way of bonding especially when both partners shares theirs it doesn't have to be on bed before you share how you feel or what you do with your partner, BTW I wonder what you want to discuss with him any time you both chatting or calling,maybe about naira falling who know grin

my thoughts though smiley
well if he isn't complaining Who am I to?

wink
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
Smellymouth:
Hhmmmm
It's a lie! Smellymouth himself has nothing to contribute?! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Smellymouth: 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
grin grin it's a serious matter Viva
vivaciousvivi:

It's a lie! Smellymouth himself has nothing to contribute?! cheesy
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by saintfizzo(m): 6:34am On Jun 14, 2016
Diddyydiva:
this can occur out of insecurity. When your partner wants to know if she is doing the right thing?

She may feel unappreciated sad
any chance we cld talk outta here? I got some articles u shld see, ur opinion will be highly appreciated, my ig handle @papi_zilla
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Mayflowa(m): 5:14am On Oct 20, 2016
vicstar:

from ma experience,sharing things like these are not based on trust issues, sometimes she just want u to be fully knowledgeable of every activities concerning her in case of an unforeseen event, or if u might be confronted with a question concerning her,u won't be found lacking of an answer

Ladies that share things just share. Once they love, they just share their life not for any reason
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by MrCork: 9:40am On Dec 03, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Over-sharing is a natural consequence when
regular sharing is deemed insufficient by the
sharer. It occurs when a partner shares all the activities in their lives. This feeling of insufficiency is exacerbated by a lack of feedback.

People are used to sharing their feelings, their
emotions, and their activities with their
partners mostly for validation:

Am I right about feeling this? , Should I do that? I'm with my friends, I'm talking with my parents, I ate rice and stew , I had a hair cut today , I went to class today ,Et cetera.

Personally I find this boring and unnecessary but I may be wrong tho

The question is how do you cope with such partners ?

angry

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by MrCork: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Over-sharing is a natural consequence when
regular sharing is deemed insufficient by the
sharer. It occurs when a partner shares all the activities in their lives. This feeling of insufficiency is exacerbated by a lack of feedback.

People are used to sharing their feelings, their
emotions, and their activities with their
partners mostly for validation:

Am I right about feeling this? , Should I do that? I'm with my friends, I'm talking with my parents, I ate rice and stew , I had a hair cut today , I went to class today ,Et cetera.

Personally I find this boring and unnecessary but I may be wrong tho

The question is how do you cope with such partners ?

...ok..so you want to cheat on yor man but you don't share relationship..correct? ...we tink you are confuse (no oofense) angry

2 Likes

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 03, 2016
MrCork:

...ok..so you want to cheat on yor man but you don't share relationship..correct? ...we tink you are confuse (no oofense) >sad
here he is again.... Swirri I driv £3800 sport carr an leave in £10000 massionn... Lemme Bui yourr lorf forr lite skin .... ( am serriouss) undecided
Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by MrCork: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Diddyydiva:
here he is again.... Swirri I driv £3800 sport carr an leave in £10000 massionn... Lemme Bui yourr lorf forr lite skin .... ( am serriouss) undecided

....you have nice figure thou...so you even hav nyansh sef?
undecided

1 Like

Re: Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
MrCork:

....you have nice figure thou...so you even hav nyansh sef?
undecided
Swiri do I haff to repit maselv? I driv a £3800 sport car and lif in £10000 massion.. So yhu saing I won't haff a Nic bodi... Lemme buy your lof for lite skinn.. (am sirious) undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Us To You.... We Love You Dearly!!! / These Weird Sexual Traditions Will Totally Shock You! / Mature Minds . Strictly For Adults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.