Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins (704 Views)

WIZKID Becomes The First African Artist To Perform In FIFA World-Cup Opening / Buhari Will Be First African President To Meet Trump - Bashir Ahmad / OJB Jezreel Will Be Honoured With A Karaoke Event In Lagos On April 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by Yorubago(f): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
http://www.cp-africa.com/2016/02/08/first-african-karaoke-contest-ends-as-shaapera-wins/

Last night in Lagos Nigeria, the TECNO Mobile's Own The Stage came to an end with the young female Nigerian, Shaapera Maka Peace winning the contest.

The TECNO Own the Stage, which is the first karaoke contest in Africa participants from Tanzania, Kenya and Nigeria saw 15 contestants entering the 15-week long competition and 4 finalist which was eventually pruned down to the winner yesterday evening at a grand finale in Lagos.

The grand finale which was held at the exquisite Ultima Studios in Lekki had the contestants performing various popular songs such as Tu Baba's African queen, Omawunmi's if you ask me, Beyonce's Halo among other hit songs.

Tanzanian, Nandy, Kenyan, Pascal, Nigerian, Shaapera were the three finalists of the competition. The competition witnessed the presentation of gifts being done by representatives of TECNO Mobile Nigeria.

According to the eventual winner, Shaapera, "I didn't believe I was going to win this contest owing to the fact that there were 15 of us in the competition and its been really tough,"

"The judges and mentors really tried for us most especially Sasha P and it has been a wonderful experience for me most especially"

When asked about her plans for post-own the stage, "Africa should expect me to work harder although I have some songs already that I have recorded, I'll go into the studio to see what's up"

She also declined to comment if she will switch genre as some other contest winners do in the past.

Miss Shaapera, 27 will sign a recording deal as part of the incentives for being a winner of the contest. All the four finalists went home with the TECNO Phantom 5 each.

We at CP Africa do wish her well in her quest to breaking into the Nigerian music industry.

lalasticlala see this

Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by Oladipupo22: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
OP,

She's my girlfriend

If you need her, lemme know.....

ONLY for shows sha cool cool cool grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, obinoscopy, this needs to make FP!

Let's celebrate Africans doing well abeegi

lalsticlala should know this too
Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by SurefireAsoOke: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Congrate to the winning Althought I didn't watch it
Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by Oladipupo22: 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
SurefireAsoOke:
Congrate to the winning Althought I didn't watch it

Bikonu, my girlfriend is not "a winning", |She's a winner
Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by Frontier2: 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
Congrats to shapeera
Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by mosjames: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
Next Audition ehn, imma apply embarassed
Re: First African Karaoke Contest Ends As Shaapera Wins by easrael(f): 3:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
How did this not make it to FP and mods will say they are working...

(1) (Reply)

Woman Slices Off Her Brother-in-law’s Genitals ‘as He Raped Her / Actress Foluke Daramola NGO ‘PARAA’ To Honour Late Kid-actor,david Olamide / 10 Years And We Are Still Waiting For You Kayswitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.