Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over (2979 Views)

Long Snake Killed In Madonna University Toilet / Aborted Baby Found In Madonna University Girls' Hostel (graphic Photos) / Madonna University Finalists In Primary School Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Before i start my story, i'll advise any jambite or any parent reading this not to apply to Madonna university and if you're already a student and it's not too late to leave please leave and find a better University to attend. if you can't afford to leave then make sure you keep track of all your results especially if you are a transfer student from another department.

I got admitted to madonna university in october 2011 to the faculty of engineering Elele campus, it should be noted that madonna has three campuses, Elele(Rivers state) for Sciences, Akpugo (Enugu state) for Engineering and Okija (Anambra) for Arts. while i was in my 100 level i started hearing rumours(in Madonna every rumour is 95% true) that my department in Engineering was not accredited by NUC, due to that discovery i decided to transfer and change to another department. i paid the fee of N 10,000 and transferred to computer science department in 200 level, i was told to write a leter to the school's Exams and records to transfer my old result and details to my new department which i did

Fast forward to my final year....when the list came out for those that would do final-clearance(those going for youth service), i was not too surprised when i did not see my name because, transfer students in my department have always had this issue of our 100 level results not being transferred even thought we've been writing letters to the university's exam and records to transfer our results. personally i know i've written this letter more than five times throughout my time in Madonna University, so i quickly rushed down to school to find out why my name was not on the list, i was told it's an issue with my result. so i went to Exams and records and i submitted my name to the security man who acts as the intermediary between students and the offce and i was shocked when he returned about 2 hours later with the piece of paper i submitted to them with 'Next two weeks' boldly written in red. i asked him why, he said the lady incharge did not give him any reason. i quickly scribbled down my name and Registration number on another piece of paper and submitted it again, initially the security man was reluctant to collect the paper, i begged him and he finally agreed. This time i waited and waited but i got no response and before you know it they said they were closed for the day.

The next day i came back and submitted my name and reg number and i got another response saying i should come back the next week (all these responses come at least after 2 hours of waiting). i was very angry and i walked up to the window where i could talk to them, the security man tried to restrain me but before he got there i was already talking to the Brother/Seminarian that i saw there. i explained everything to him and he told me to give him my name and registration number again which i quickly did. he told me to wait that he will attend to me. an hour later when i saw that i was getting no response i went to meet him again and he kept on telling me to wait that they're working on my result, meanwhile when i looked into the office, he was browsing the preview of Liverpool vs Arsenal another staff was on nairaland, one was on facebook and the others were just chatting and laughing, i told him i was tired of waiting that he should tell me exactly what's going on, he finally told me

THAT ALL MY 100 LEVEL RESULTS ARE NOT IN ELELE THAT THEY'VE BEEN MOVED TO AKPUGO IN ENUGU STATE.....WTF!!!!!!

But i've been writing letters since 200 level for you guys to move my results for how many years and it has not been transferred. He was just smiling and he told me that i'm supposed to know that letters don't work in this office. i nearly ran mad, i was like how else do you want me to communicate with you guys if i don't use letters, the Exams and records office is locked down and restricted from students and lecturers. by this time it was around 4 o'clock and they closed for the day

To cut the story short i had to go to my former Faculty and request for old 100 level results before doing this i informed one of my lecturer who called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records and told him that both of us are coming with some of the results we found and he said ok (if i didn't do this, they would just dismiss the result as a fake one even if it is stamped and signed by the Hod of that), after i submitted the results i found (i did not find all of them especially GST courses which are not pasted by Exams and Records or released to the various departments), they wrote a list of 16 courses that they could not find (they even wrote some non-existent courses). i went back to them and told them to give me the names of the non-existent courses (they just wrote down the course code). i waited and waited throughout the day but got no answer or response. i started going round from one 100 level lecturer to another to retrieve some of my results (doing their job for them). i was told to write a letter to exams and records again to go and get the result from the respective lecturers i did that and submitted the letter but i got no response and when i tried to find out exactly what's going on the Seminarian there would just tell me that they are working on it that i should just be patient

This Saga went on till the list for the NYSC batch A corpers had been compiled and forwarded to NYSC, i had to go home because i had tried all possible avenues to resolve this problem all to no avail.

The Seminarian was even telling me to go to Akpugo campus and get the results myself, but the annoying thing is even when i get there they wouldn't give me the results i have to beg (which translates to bribe) a staff there to follow me down to Elele with the results, i've told them to contact the office there to scan the results and send it to them. but they said 'they don't work like that' (can you imagine that!!!!), even My lecturer that has been helping me out with this issue (God bless him) can't help me again because they might start accusing him that he has collected bribe from me that's why he is so interested in this case (that's what they do). My mum even called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records, he started shouting on her and telling her that i went to bring fake results for them and that he is sure i did not even write those exams in 100 level, i even went to meet the lady incharge of computer sciences results. she just behaved as if she was deaf and dumb and walked out on me.

Most of my mates going for this Batch A youth corps never saw the result of some Exams they wrote in 100 level, and they are some of my colleagues who didn't see the result of an Exam (wasn't released to the department or pasted), it didn't come out in their problem list (list of courses you failed or missing courses, the list is released in your final year) only to be told that they failed the course or their result can't be found after they've graduated. a year before i graduated one of my seniors from another department advised me to go to exams and records and request for my results, i tried that but they plainly told me that they don't have time to attend to my request, i kept on trying but i had to give up because i started missing classes because of the hours i spend waiting for them to respond.

I want the whole world to know what goes on in Madonna University, on the outside it looks like a good catholic school but it's a whole new world when you get inside, they intentionally make students have spill overs so they came come back and pay another new school fees again, even if it's a single GST course, if it's a second semester course you'll pay both first and second semester school fees which is 300k+ or 400k+ depending on your department just to write that single course

As i'm writing this, i don't even know the next action to take i'm just at home now in limbo waiting for them to go and retrieve my remaining results.

Mods please and please and please move this to the front page
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Emmatdayo(m): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
can't waste my time reading this jare
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Slimzjoe(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
wow!

This Ain't Funny one Bit
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Gabaleve(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Op takeheart......I can imagine how painful it is....
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by tutorng: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bad and non-challant administration is the bane of Universities - private and public alike - in Nigeria. Besides, this is a case of grand connivance because the school thrives on student's school fees (all the staff knows that), so they would do anyrthing to make you guys spill and pay an extra year's school fees. I would suggest 3 things

1. Resort to God in prayers. There is absolutely nothing prayers can not do
2. Everything is about hierachy. Get a high-ranking Reverend Father or king in that community to wade into the case
3. If you are financially buoyant, pay the fees, write the "failed" courses and move on with your life.

It is well. Do intimiate us on the outcome of this issue. God help you
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
These people have ruined people's lives.....some people have to come back like six years later to come and write flimsy courses like theology because they can't afford the fees.....the title of the post dosen't even describe how i feel

NUC should close down that school....i swear
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by prahcetomi(m): 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wow............Dat guy dat was browsing Asernal\liverpool preview don madt
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
prahcetomi:
Wow............Dat guy dat was browsing Asernal\liverpool preview don madt

As in ehnnnn angry angry angry angry angry I wanted to enter there and murder him

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'll keep you guys posted about the situation....in the meantime I'll be spreading the news...it seems many people don't know what goes on in that school

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by prahcetomi(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
danidee10:

As in ehnnnn angry angry angry angry angry I wanted to enter there and murder him
lol....I feel ur pain bro

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
That is why I hate all this private seconda... sorry universities, mtcheeeew!!!! Take heart OP..
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by BabaAlabi: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Emmatdayo:
can't waste my time reading this jare
One day you WILL be in trouble. The people who can help you will reject you and tell you that it's a waste of time helping you. If you can't help someone, don't compound the problem.
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Antina(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Op, i knw how u feel, its not easy i tell u. same happened to me in a state university in the west which made me to wait for a whole calender year at home before my service because of a course code which happened to be the fault of the school. i wrote so many letters like the OP thinking it will yield result, nothing was done until i texted the VC what was happening (on his phone number) before he dedicated a man incharge of dpu (data processing unit) before the problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Antina(f): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Op, i knw how u feel, its not easy i tell u. same happened to me in a state university in the west which made me to wait for a whole calender year at home before my service because of a course code which happened to be the fault of the school. i wrote so many letters like the OP thinking it will yield result, nothing was done until i texted the VC what was happening (on his phone number) before he dedicated a man incharge of dpu (data processing unit) before the problem was solved. but i didnt pay for that year school fees.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by tutorng: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
Antina:
Op, i knw how u feel, its not easy i tell u. same happened to me in a state university in the west which made me to wait for a whole calender year at home before my service because of a course code which happened to be the fault of the school. i wrote so many letters like the OP thinking it will yield result, nothing was done until i texted the VC what was happening (on his phone number) before he dedicated a man incharge of dpu (data processing unit) before the problem was solved.

OP, this wonderful lady just dropped a hint for you. Look for someone superior to report to

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Antina:
Op, i knw how u feel, its not easy i tell u. same happened to me in a state university in the west which made me to wait for a whole calender year at home before my service because of a course code which happened to be the fault of the school. i wrote so many letters like the OP thinking it will yield result, nothing was done until i texted the VC what was happening (on his phone number) before he dedicated a man incharge of dpu (data processing unit) before the problem was solved. but i didnt pay for that year school fees.

Thank u for your response....I've not tried this option but my other colleagues I mentioned in the last section of my post wrote a letter to the vc but it didn't yield any result too, I think he is even in on it.....not withstanding I will try your suggestion when I get back to school who knows it might be the solution

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by Emmatdayo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
BabaAlabi:

One day you WILL be in trouble. The people who can help you will reject you and tell you that it's a waste of time helping you. If you can't help someone, don't compound the problem.
bros haba,e never reach to dey swear 4 me nw

1 Like

Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by phameous: 2:10am On Feb 10, 2016
I patiently read tru dis and was expecting to see somfn worse but all d same...

I got in 2008 session (engrng course as well) and discovered same rumour concerning my dept, I still stayed n graduated 2013 (no extra yr evn if dey tried to hold me bk with one mu.mu course called German). I've served and nw am working with dat same degree. Some of my mates sef av started doing dia msc both in naija n away.. I wud av moved to computer science but same rumours warned me about dis kinda situation u are in now.

My opinion:

The fastest way u will scale tru dis is to get ur parent(s) follow u and meet whoeva u have to meet one on one and BEG. (U knw hw dey treat students like kids or mayb some piece of trash per se)
I blv if dat useles seminarian sees ur mum he can't summon such guts to shout @her.. Plead wit dem, if u can speak igbo dat wil be an added advantage for u.

Seriously speakn, if dey wrote out outstanding courses for u, weda u passed dem before or nt, if d lecturers re no longer der just jeje close ur eyes n re.write dem esp wen E&R insist dey cnt find it cuz dey won't stress demselvs finding it. (Save urself more years).
A frnd of mine is stil awaitn service after close to 7yrs in dat schl cuz of some very flimzy reasons worse dan urs.

Do d needful asap while u can..if dey want bribe GIVE THEM and walk away dan waste money in d name of schl fees not to mention ur time..

Madonna is not an institution I can recommend for even an enemy.
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by danidee10(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2016
phameous:
I patiently read tru dis and was expecting to see somfn worse but all d same...

I got in 2008 session (engrng course as well) and discovered same rumour concerning my dept, I still stayed n graduated 2013 (no extra yr evn if dey tried to hold me bk with one mu.mu course called German). I've served and nw am working with dat same degree. Some of my mates sef av started doing dia msc both in naija n away.. I wud av moved to computer science but same rumours warned me about dis kinda situation u are in now.

My opinion:

The fastest way u will scale tru dis is to get ur parent(s) follow u and meet whoeva u have to meet one on one and BEG. (U knw hw dey treat students like kids or mayb some piece of trash per se)
I blv if dat useles seminarian sees ur mum he can't summon such guts to shout @her.. Plead wit dem, if u can speak igbo dat wil be an added advantage for u.

Seriously speakn, if dey wrote out outstanding courses for u, weda u passed dem before or nt, if d lecturers re no longer der just jeje close ur eyes n re.write dem esp wen E&R insist dey cnt find it cuz dey won't stress demselvs finding it. (Save urself more years).
A frnd of mine is stil awaitn service after close to 7yrs in dat schl cuz of some very flimzy reasons worse dan urs.

Do d needful asap while u can..if dey want bribe GIVE THEM and walk away dan waste money in d name of schl fees not to mention ur time..

Madonna is not an institution I can recommend for even an enemy.

My best bet is to go with my parents(never wanted them to come to the school for any reason)

I'm nt even ibo and i detest all this ibo begging stuff it's very annoying, there was even a time one of the staff was speaking ibo to me, I told him i don't understand, he just sighed and left me standing there. Well that's another issue for another day.

I can't even imagine my self writing 16 exams again that's almost like me repeating 100 level. angry angry

I'm tired of these people treating people like crap and getting away with it

Thanks for ur advice
Re: Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over by tukdi: 7:28am On Jun 28, 2017
danidee10:

My best bet is to go with my parents(never wanted them to come to the school for any reason)

I'm nt even ibo and i detest all this ibo begging stuff it's very annoying, there was even a time one of the staff was speaking ibo to me, I told him i don't understand, he just sighed and left me standing there. Well that's another issue for another day.

I can't even imagine my self writing 16 exams again that's almost like me repeating 100 level. angry angry

I'm tired of these people treating people like crap and getting away with it

Thanks for ur advice

Op, goodmorning, hv u resolved it?

(1) (Reply)

Lady Nabbed While Using Her Baby For Examination Malpractice / Unilag Post-jamb Date Is / Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination Expected To Start Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.