Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates (29613 Views)

Governor Shettima Breaks Fast With Prison Inmates, Eats With Them (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Celebrates His 53rd Birthday With Prison Inmates (pics) / Kuje Prison Inmates Jubilates As Badeh Joins Them, Rejects Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by demarc001: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dem no wan turn prison to another form of job opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
Angelberry:

Say something

I have said 69 things, happy now?
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by sonnie10: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
Prisoners pay taxes?? Very funny country.

Not the prisoners, contractors that supply the food pay taxes from profit need.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by sonnie10: 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
Prisoners pay taxes?? Very funny country.

Not the prisoners, contractors that supply the food pay taxes from profit made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by vickylala239: 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
How can prisoners be eating that huge amount every day... are they not offenders??

Why shuld dey eat that big.....

So boko haram are still eating our money after killing....

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by emamos: 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Owoloku1:
That one can't even buy bread!!! They should just sentence every prisoner to death instead of sending them to prison to starve to death anyway
na lie @ d bolded...

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Hoothman(m): 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
dollydolly:
Whaaaaaat!!!!! That's ridiculous.

Please God may I not have any reason to be in Naija prison or any prison for that matter in Jesus name.. Amen!!
prayers can't do it, just amend your ways

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Tokt: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
360metrosports:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/senate-rejects-n130-daily-feeding-for-prisons-inmates/132843.html

Even prisoners somehow pay tax yet some fools won't submit themselves to be taxed by Bubu especially now that oil price has gone down.
Nonsense.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Owoloku1: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
emamos:
na lie @ d bolded...
One loaf of sliced bread is ₦300 oo
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by dollydolly(f): 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hoothman:
prayers can't do it, just amend your ways

I can't remember saying that I have any bad ways to amend. Was just praying against uncertainties.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by emamos: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Owoloku1:
One loaf of sliced bread is ₦300 oo
agege bread nko
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:

I have said 69 things, happy now?
Yes I'm happy cheesy
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Oche211(m): 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
That's how bad things ve gone in this country.
Mainwhile, this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone cos millions of Nigerians who are nt Prisoners still live, depend nd survive on $1 on a daily basis.
#pray4Nigeria
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Owoloku1: 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
emamos:
agege bread nko
Hahahahha...my brother I'm not sure some *expected prisoners * Belle fit process agege bread oo
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by maupe: 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
obasiken:
This matter is complex because even if you put N1000 for feeding of prisoners the people that will be rejoicing are the wardens and prison officials.

The food will neva get to the prisoners.
so we should leave them to starve, because of the ignoble situation, according to you. If that is the case, why did you vote for PMB if you knew, he would eventually resort to doing the bidding of the oligarch 1%

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:
It costs $1.63 to feed a Maryland inmate in 2010====inflation taken into account $2 this days...how on earth is a Grown ass male supposed to feed on less than $1===really shocking on the Nigerian Prison system undecided

Shocking but not surprising....when minimum wage is still @ N18000/mth. per day it comes to N600. This includes both feeding and other living expenses for those who work to earn their living. Its crazy really.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
#130 budgeted for feeding per day? What are they suppose to purchase with that? popcorn or cheese balls?

These are human beings not animals. So long as they are not on death row, they deserve to be treated with some respect & dignity.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by sonnie10: 3:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
If I am awarded the contract @#130 day without any string attached, majority of Nigerians will prefer living in prison to to their homes. Do you know that there are about 200 "cigarette" cups of rice in a bag?

If one bag of rice is #5500, then a cup would be #27.5 which is enough for one man. Same thing goes for beans and garri. Such contractor should be able to have a small bakery to make average size loaf of #25.

So you see that each staple food cost about #27. When you add the side dishes like soup, stew, fruits, milk and meat and water for each meal, say another #15. That will be a total of #42 each meal.

Therefore three well balanced, square meal with complete nutrition will be $42 x 3 = #126.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by omolola15(m): 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Seriously? Tax and contractor's profits. Why should prisoners pay tax. And why should the contractor's profit be from the main money.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:
It costs $1.63 to feed a Maryland inmate in 2010====inflation taken into account $2 this days...how on earth is a Grown ass male supposed to feed on less than $1===really shocking on the Nigerian Prison system undecided
average Nigerian... Ogi and Akara in the morning...N40.... I cup of rice and stew in the afternoon...N50.... Bread and beans in the afternoon...N50. Considering that most Nigerian students live on improvised burger(bread and egg) in the morning..N50...Garri and groundnut in the afternoon..N25...A cup beans for supper...N30. Wo whats is sensational about spending N130 on inmates. And what is special about Maryland spending 2 dollars (1 big Mac or 3 inches long subway) to feed her inmate a day? Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by idioco(m): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
[URL]GOOD GOD SHALL FORGIVETHEM[/URL]
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by idioco(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
shocked sad
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by flokii: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
so na #130 meal Dileector go dey chop per day for kuje.. grin

the guy go don swear for IPOD nation tire..
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by henrybomb(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by deebsman1(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Its obvious and glaring that many don't read up news and articles here on Nairaland b4 commenting, thereby just making wrong comments. Tax in diz particular news story is dos of contractors and suppliers not on d inmates.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by limitless777(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
qualityovenbake:
N130 is equal to1 meal per day, and is equivalent to agege bread N70, ewa agonyin N50 and pure water N10.

Which way Nigeria? smh!
Baba. Ur head dey there. O ti gbo npa e ju. Eche!
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by bellville: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
dollydolly:

I can't remember saying that I have any bad ways to amend. Was just praying against uncertainties.
I agree with you. There are many people in prison (awaiting trial) who are just victims of circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by qualityovenbake(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
limitless777:
Baba. Ur head dey there. O ti gbo npa e ju. Eche!
Was born in Lagos.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by goshen26: 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Making something out of nothing.......

We are watching

I smell revolution soon
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by ihatebuhari(f): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
dollydolly:

Please God may I not have any reason to be in Naija prison or any prison for that matter in Jesus name.. Amen!!
Amen love
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by HirstMOG(m): 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
FG still de remove tax from prisoners feeding money
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by 100Cents: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
dollydolly:

One day inside cell is like one year in freedom.

Too long..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Exposes APC Rigging Template For 2019 Election-secondus / Buhari, Saraki To Meet First Time Since Nigeria Election Amid Fresh EFCC Probe / BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Onnoghen’s No-case Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.