Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates (29618 Views)

Governor Shettima Breaks Fast With Prison Inmates, Eats With Them (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Celebrates His 53rd Birthday With Prison Inmates (pics) / Kuje Prison Inmates Jubilates As Badeh Joins Them, Rejects Foods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by comos: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
some free people in Nigeria don't have N130 to feed daily

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Adminisher: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Allosaurus:
Buhari is working.

DULLARD!

This is the shitty, useless country that useless Jonathan left for him.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by 100Cents: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
fernandoc:
One hungry man indomie with one egg. For a whole day. Chai

What of cost of Water, ingredients and kerosene for cooking ?
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Adebowale89(m): 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
are you kidding me? maybe they want the upcoming criminals to be aware that ko si ere ni Moscow

prisoners feeling the economy imbalances too cry
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by ohenhen1: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Vanquay:
It costs $1.63 to feed a Maryland inmate in 2010====inflation taken into account $2 this days...how on earth is a Grown ass male supposed to feed on less than $1===really shocking on the Nigerian Prison system undecided

You can't compare Nigeria to the US. The cost of living is cheaper in Nigeria. 150N a day is good for prison. Considering savings are made when you mass produce food items. It is not suppose to be a 5 star hotel. It is prison.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
No wonder PMB said all Nigeria's are criminal
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lifestone:

it's you that didn't comprehend what he said. The tax mentioned here relates to the amount to be paid by the food contractors. Contracts are usually awarded with built in tax provisions.
Perhaps if you understood Incidence of taxation in ss2 economics you wouldn't have quoted me.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by karferguso(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
They should allocate enough money there while they can.. Many of them will end up there
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Very funny when i saw that prisoners pay tax from 200 naira
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by afonjay: 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
No matter hw much is aproved it ll not get to inmates. My experience in naija is bad bt for big boys is different cos they dnt eat prison food. The type commercial activities re going on in d prison is not dat small. No mater hw it aproves food ll be sold to inmates unless u ve no money to spend. There is nothing to write home abt food at all. Do u know dat u can cook ur food in d prison, is allowed. Throught of my stay I cook my food. What they do is that they discourage frm their food cos is very bad bt u can cook u get ur food stuffs with ur money frm d contractor anything u want at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by banmee(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
360metrosports:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/senate-rejects-n130-daily-feeding-for-prisons-inmates/132843.html

Inmates in Nigeria don't get fed in the true sense. The prisoners provide their own ingredients smuggled in and cook their own food most of the time.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by ErasmusCOMP: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
qualityovenbake:
N130 is equal to1 meal per day, and is equivalent to agege bread N70, ewa agonyin N50 and pure water N10.

Which way Nigeria? smh!
Cool analysis!
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by seangy4konji: 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jisox Christ.na money for one coke Orobo be dat. U never buy noddles or egg not to talk of person weh don Polly,weh dem don knack hin yansh over night?

Ohh boy May almighty not put our destiny in the hands of the leaders of Nigeria.

Resounding amen.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by ebrochukwu(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
But u want to go to ghana prison?
dollydolly:
Whaaaaaat!!!!! That's ridiculous.

Please God may I not have any reason to be in Naija prison or any prison for that matter in Jesus name.. Amen!!
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Lifestone(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
Perhaps if you understood Incidence of taxation in ss2 economics you wouldn't have quoted me.
You are very right because I didn't write SS2, I sat for WASC.
It's obvious you don't have a clue on how Government contracts are awarded and what sort of taxes are chargeable (eg Witholding tax). The value of the goods are first determined, before profit and taxes are added to determine the contract value. In other words they already predetermined the worth of the food to serve the prisoners per day.
Substance over form, we both agreed that prisoners should be better treated so they can become better citizen whenever they regain their freedom.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Justicealh3(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
But is it for Bfast, Launching or Dinner time?
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Etizz: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Senators are heartless, they don't want the betterment of ordinary people....

They are enemies of progress.....
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by ebenholer(m): 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
a nation where inmates graduate to be more worse criminals than they were previously. prisons that are supposed to be for characters corrective measures turn out to be for criminals building...
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by AmeLonRo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
In reality, the prison inmates gets about 30 to 40 naira daily. Watery garri with watery beans. No fish, no meat, no oil self!
By the time the guys come out they become hardened and want to take it out on their fellow country men. Pathetic. embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by dollydolly(f): 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
ebrochukwu:
But u want to go to ghana prison?

Read my text all over again....
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Abudu2000(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
yea its too small I guess. it on a second thought it should be approved for obvious reasons
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Ikem4life(m): 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
360metrosports:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/senate-rejects-n130-daily-feeding-for-prisons-inmates/132843.html
And that is why after their stay instead of changing, they become hardend and worst even form a new gang right inside the prison. i pity nigeria
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Ikem4life(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
I pity nigeria my country
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by emmy994: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
mr Retired General Abdulrahaman Dambazzau how much u dey eat in a day wey u want make prisoners eat 130 a day? some day usef fit find ursef inside there na same 130 u go chop ooo. so no forget say wot goes around comes around.make i ask hou much card u dey load a day?
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Danpotter(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
so u all say that this men who inflicted pains on people and are not working should eat tax payers money well
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by excel101(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
360metrosports:

. Wise senator. They know very well that they might be victims. While those that want it implemented don't foresee the imminent effect yet, until they become victims.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by poseidon12: 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Iroh88:
They know eventually that would be their abode so they are fighting for their future comfort.

When are they going to make the details of their budget available to the general public??

#Criminals.

Well, any one of us can end up there, including you. So you should be concerned, just like the senators, about the welfare of the prisoners. I'm sure you know about some prominent Nigerians who spent time there, mostly because of their political views.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by AfroKnight: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
obasiken:
This matter is complex because even if you put N1000 for feeding of prisoners the people that will be rejoicing are the wardens and prison officials.

The food will neva get to the prisoners.

Those wardens are very very corrupt, greedy and inhuman. If you just go on a visit to any prison (charity or religious visit) you will be sad the way these prisoners live.

Even this 130 is slashed already. Wardens go collect 50 naira on top everybody share.
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by habsydiamond(m): 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
No wonder some prefer ewon oyinbo to naija oooo. 130 for Guguru or Epa. There is God. ooooo
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by hoodmenconcepts: 12:33am On Feb 10, 2016
washerey! coming soon...
Re: Senate Rejects N130 Daily Feeding For Prison Inmates by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 10, 2016
qualityovenbake:
N130 is equal to1 meal per day, and is equivalent to agege bread N70, ewa agonyin N50 and pure water N10.

Which way Nigeria? smh!
Username checks out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: I Deserve The Right Of First Refusal – Atiku To PDP NWC / Peter Obi Nation Mobile App For Campaign, Others / Group Sends Bill To Kano Assembly For Registration Of Southerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.