Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel (1234 Views)

N120m 2019 Range Rover SV Coupe Is The Most Luxurious 2-door SUV (photos) / Reasons Why Your Car Consume Much Fuel / 6 Reasons Your Car Consumes More Fuel Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by FTBOY: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
hello, guys, i have a problem that i'd need you to help me solve. i recently bought a solara coupe v6 from a colleague coz i got tired of my maxima (i have a mania for v6 cars....because of their speed and big engines). but the problem is this car consumes so much fuel you'd think the tank has a leakage. with the maxima, i can drive from ikoyi to ojota with just, N500 but with this one it's from 1k to 1,500k. i've spent nothing less than 20k to solve this problem as i keep jumping from one mechanic to another but the problem is still there. please, if anybody knows a solution or any good mechanic i can meet, kindly let me know. thanks

cc: gazzuzz
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
FTBOY:
hello, guys, i have a problem that i'd need you to help me solve. i recently bought a solara coupe v6 from a colleague coz i got tired of my maxima (i have a mania for v6 cars....because of their speed and big engines). but the problem is this car consumes so much fuel you'd think the tank has a leakage. with the maxima, i can drive from ikoyi to ojota with just, N500 but with this one it's from 1k to 1,500k. i've spent nothing less than 20k to solve this problem as i keep jumping from one mechanic to another but the problem is still there. please, if anybody knows a solution or any good mechanic i can meet, kindly let me know. thanks

cc: gazzuzz

there is information missing

engine sizes of the old car and the new car, we need to compare the two as you might comparing eg 2.5l vrs 3.5l engine definately they would a different in fuel consumption
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by FTBOY: 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

there is information missing

engine sizes of the old car and the new car, we need to compare the two as you might comparing eg 2.5l vrs 3.5l engine definately they would a different in fuel consumption
they're both 3.0. before the purchase, i was told the car is more fuel economical than the maxima
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Run a scan
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
FTBOY:
they're both 3.0. before the purchase, i was told the car is more fuel economical than the maxima

told by who ?

same thing you can do your own research online and it gives you a rough idea of fuel consumption

anyone selling a car would say things you want to hear
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by seyiaderinto(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
the vehicle must have a check engine light displayed on the dash board, have the vehicle scanned to know what the problem is. u can call Tomi on 08093734672 he's at maryland who is also very good in diagnosis. he will fix your car for u.
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
FTBOY come for a free scan and diagnosis when ready (any time).
Re: My Solara V6 Coupe Consumes Too Much Fuel by FTBOY: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
FTBOY come for a free scan and diagnosis when ready (any time).
ok, thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Can A Car Still Move When It's Has Finish It Mileage? / Free Car-challenge Consultation / Does Running The AC In Your Car Use Additional Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.