Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets (45334 Views)

Paul Okoye Reacts To Super Eagles Loss To Argentina / Phyno, Others Turn Up As Flavour And Anna Banner's Daughter Celebrates 2nd Birth / Watch Olamide, Phyno & Others Performances At OLIC3 2016 (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Ndlistic(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
– Paul Okoye said the brothers would have signed Phyno, 9ice, Kiss Daniel

– Paul explained why the Okoye brothers are doing things independently

– He said he was sure of achieving success with his new artiste, Muno

Following the birth RudeBoy records and signing of Muno to the label, Paul Okoye of Psquare has revealed why the brothers are doing business individually.

In an exclusive interview with Naij.com on Monday, February 8 at their Omole residence, Paul maintained that Psqaure remains intact but it was time for each of them to try out things independently without hurting the Psquare family.

He said he decided to sign Muno immediately he heard him so as not to repeat missed opportunities he had with some artistes in the past. He revealed that he had missed opportunity of signing artistes who are now stars just because he wanted them signed unto Square records.

“When they brought Muno to me, I heard his voice, I accepted him immediately because I no wan hear say he don blow tomorrow and I don miss again (general laughter).”

He further explained that Square records had missed opportunities of signing several artistes.

“When Jude brought Cynthia Morgan I was in support of it, but my brother (Peter) wasn’t comfortable with it but Jude doesn’t want that kind of stories anymore so he went on his own. We don’t want to experience the kind of experience we had before because the problems we will start resolving might even start affecting us. Now, some of us are now like, ‘if to say we know we for allow this girl join us o in Square records’.

Asked if he regrets not signing Cynthia Morgan to Square records, he said; “It’s not only Cynthia Morgan, there is somebody I regretted, Phyno. That’s exactly what I was trying to explain to you earlier. I had the opportunity, he was in my front but because I wanted him on Square records and I couldn’t get it. He’s still my guy sha.”

Probed further, he stated that he missed the opportunity of signing 9ice, Kiss Daniel and other music stars.

“Dem plenty. I first had 9ice, i tried to convince my brothers. Everyone like him o, but then we were working on our Do Me album. The first artiste I would have signed to Rudeboy records was when I heard Woju on radio. I call him Woju (Kiss Daniel). I called everyone but we couldn’t get him. Music is spiritual, once you have that feeling, just move.”

Paul who is currently promoting the two singles released by Muno, No regrets and slow slow, said he is sure of achieving success with Rudeboy records and Muno. He equally added that Psquare will return with two or three new singles in 2016.

https://www.naij.com/723966-exclusive-artistes-failed-sign-square-records-psquare.html

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by INTROVERT(f): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Okay
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by shakamarh: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Alright Now Dat We Know What Next

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Atlantian: 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Once they open their mouth, their worth falls like Naira.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by ajokebelle(f): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
we Don hear, hope this one will blow sha. I kinda feel bad about that kiss daniel aspect.

4 Likes

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by ajokebelle(f): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
we Don hear.
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by NobleAngell(f): 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
O yeah
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by greatness22(m): 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
I pray they sign Airforce1.... the guy is gud

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by brownjulie(f): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
I hear u @ op
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by menix(m): 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sure he is regretting of not exploiting their talent for his gain...

If u need talent, sign that Airforce1 wey like woman pass music..

If a woman can split Twins, I will certainly put a notice on my gate "Beware of Dog Woman"

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by drnairalov: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
when did he say this? .. dont believe every article u see angry

Anyways ! my bread has been buttered .Its good to be hardworking my brothers!

I just bought a brand new Camera (Canon)

took this picture with it

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Smellymouth: 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Warris this one saying?? undecided
U had Waje singing as back up vocalist for u guys, u treated her like sh#t, MayD was signed to Square Records, u treated him like sh#t.

Thank God say Kiss Daniels nor join una records undecided

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by kennyman2000(m): 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hmmmm.. Really feel bad abt the phyno aspect cos phyno would have been a very big hit for them. Nothing spoil. Better things ahead.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by wiringdpt(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Shut your crap, we know what you did to May D

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by StArusi: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
I failed to see the talent in Psquare. Would have signed them too.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
The only Nigerian musicians I listen to are Fela Kuti(Growing up he was the bomb every Sunday) Asa(Introduced by Big Sis) and wizkid when I heard his Ojuelegba remix with drake. All other musicians, you need to close your ears and open your body cus they talk thrash with lovely beats undecided

greatness22:

I hope you joking, cus that Nigga is poor thrash, No lyrics, No voice, no beats even though I used WiFi to download his such a diva mixtape I regretted and Heaven wept

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by iamauxin(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm sure this Muno will blow...just look at his hairstyle, you don't even need a bomb for him to blow. A matchstick or a lighter can do the magic wink angry

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by MemphisDepay(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Wetin be my own?
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by toms55(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
dude what are you saying undecided ? Do you know the difference between noise and music? Have you heard AndyBlaze - Wida na. I'm sure if Paul hears Wida na, he wouldn't think twice to sign that dude (Andy) and trash airforce1 to Lawma angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Ayohbk(m): 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ok
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by wheredemdey: 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:

Hell yeah.....shes such a diva*6

Azu amu...u think music is all about shouting like some motor park tout....

10 Likes

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by FTBOY: 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
greatness22:
grin grin
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
And so, what should we do about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by fr3do(m): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
vvg
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by olaskul(m): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please which of the 9ice his he talking about. “Dem plenty. I first had 9ice, i tried to convince my brothers. Everyone like him o, but then we were working on our Do Me album. Is he high on oshogbo weed

8 Likes

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Ralphlauren(m): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
wiringdpt:
Shut your crap, we know what you did to May D

Exactly. He needs to shut the hell up.

After what they did to May D, any promising artist should stay far far far away from them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by centyboy: 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by sunnydayasaba(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sign Airforce1 too...The guy is Dope

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Day11(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
I hate talkers, they makes me angry angry

When are they going to sign Davido or Wizzy?

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Failed To See The Talent In 9ice, Phyno & Others- Paul Okoye Regrets by Bluezy13(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Atlantian:
Once they open their mouth, their worth falls like Naira.

True talk...
Some things are better left unsaid

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adele Is Dating Skepta, After Divorcing Simon Koneck / Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) / Photos Of Seun Kuti looking For Babies Hanging From His Balcony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.