Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Staying Back After NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Staying Back After NYSC (24071 Views)

I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by VcStunner(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
walex360:
Hi betty,wanna share my own experience with u,I served in Akwa Ibom state,in a Local govt,close to uyo,after my service I was confuse.what next!!!!so I prayed and fasted to ask God for direction.cos I don't wanna go back to Niger state.after my P.o.p I relocated to oil rich eKet cos dats where d oil companies base,I stayed wit a friend in there corpers lodge in eket,she told me of a hotel dat pays very well.I applied and was invited for exam and interview.all dis happened within 2weeks,dey pay upto 70 and 80k wit staff bus and meal.just seek the face of God for direction,I ve notice dat 50percent of strangers in eket came for service and dey remain there.If u love the place stay back and get a little job like teaching,lesson etc.God dat did it for me wil do it for u.
bros I go like see you o..... I dey with Samsung for Eket, grace bill road. Thing is I need a change bro. I need u to play me tape on that hotel package. Abeg what's app me on 08164258981. Thanks
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by wacoj(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Some of us faced this situation many years ago.
My advice: If you know your PPA is in the city and your place of residence(home) is a village,
do all you can to stay back in the city even if na water dey drink and keep hopes alive. BUT

If you are serving in a local community and your place of residence is a city, please return back home and hustle.

The truth is that most people will tell you to start a petty business with ur savings but its not always as it seems.
But if you can get a small job (IN THE CITY) take it and leave home everyday. One day God will surprise you. With 2.1 in Accountancy, my first job was teaching in a local secondary school at Kubwa Abuja with a pay of =N=1500 a week with serious fight with the owner before payment.

BUT if your PPA is in a city and your parents also stay in a city, you have a good option, just weigh the two.
BUT if your PPA is in a village and your only residence to return to is also a village without light, network and internet, my dear NO HOPE!

2 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

This thread is not meant for you. If you need advise on the above, create one.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 2:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
thanks very plenty wink u kuku refused to tell me the reason behind your moniker as u promised the other day grin lol. U remeber?
You're very welcome.
I remember you and the familiar e-fragrance...the other day we met on Jobland Avenue. I couldn't forget smiley But that story behind my moniker ehn...I should warn you it's a very long and boring story that it could lull you to sleep embarassed Are you sure you want to hear it?
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Honestly1: 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
ladycomfort:
. Did you serve in jos ? If yes how was it like
Yes of course. Jos was dope. Just that i didn't stay cos i had a job in lagos already.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Odunharry(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 3:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
ProudOlodo:

You're very welcome.
I remember you and the familiar e-fragrance...the other day we met on Jobland Avenue. I couldn't forget smiley But that story behind my moniker ehn...I should warn you it's a very long and boring story that it could lull you to sleep embarassed Are you sure you want to hear it?
e-fragnance indeed cheesy in short, therez no story but I don't mind you know
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by LordClem(m): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2016
There is no harm in asking. But I believe if you have made yourself indispensable with your commitment to work while serving, it won't be difficult.

Even if they don't retain and they can't retain you, you might be lucky to get another offer through someone in that place.

I wish you all the best.

petiteee:
Am in such delima right now. And am so worried. I was lucky to get a good PPA and it being helpful financially even though I work more than am nbeen paid. Plus adding both FG and theirs together is something. But the bad thing is they don't retain. So how do I tell them I want to stay back? Have being thinking myself on what move I can make. sad any ideas please? Though am not at the head office where I can get direct contact with the Oga patatapata. But I don't know what to do. Been applying for jobs since November and have not gotten a single invite. Going home is a no for me. Please any idea? cry POP is just in less than 2 months
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by misspetit(f): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
Honestly1:
If you serve in Jos, stay in Jos.
Really? undecided undecided undecided
How angry y angry
Cos am serving in Plateau state Mangu LG and I don't no of any opportunities in Jos sad cry
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ajasa4link: 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
I served in the north tho its a federal government college where millions comes in as allocation monthly, yet they are only willing to pay 13k as salary which will only amount to 156k per annum for anyone who stays behind( Can u just imagine ). Some of my friends were busy lobbying trying to stay behind hoping to earn the mearge income pending when federal ministry of education will absorb them. I just told my friends I cant earn 19,800 + 5,000 local allawee as allowance as a corper and now go back to earning 13k as an ex-corper, the 401 gods in ile-ife will not agree. grin grin...I just carry my luggage on the day of POP enter Lagos sharperly, the next monday I enter Lagos street sharperly and started the job search proper. 2 months after the hustle, I got my desired job and months after I still get calls to come and resume in different places I've gone for interviews. I still turned an offer down last week only because I wanted career growth ahead of bigger pay.

So there is no harm in going back home provided u know what u are doing.

4 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by DanielGb(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
undecided
do that quick. I want to give you my advice.
im addition: don't forget to share me the thread when you are done.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
e-fragnance indeed cheesy in short, therez no story but I don't mind you know
Lol. Alright. I'll whisper it to you backstage. Let's not derail the thread
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Antina(f): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
How can someone say "dont go back home" even if opportunities are home? u can go back home if u stay in the city and u are sure of better days ahead. infact where am currently serving here in Akwa Ibom, no amount of work pay will let me stay behind after service. myOpinionThough. May Almighty provide a better work pay for us all after service

4 Likes

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ProudOlodo: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
ajasa4link:
they are only willing to pay 13k as salary which will only amount to 156k per annum for anyone who stays behind( Can u just imagine )....the 401 gods in ile-ife will not agree. gringrin
Lol @ bolded. They could not even offer something equal to corpers' allowance
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 4:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

do that quick. I want to give you my advice.

im addition: don't forget to share me the thread when you are done.
uncle Daniel, please do that there,it won't take you anything. Therez no difference in what the op posted and what I posted so I don't see any reason why I should open another.thanks smiley
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by YOUNGKAHUNA: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
misspetit:

How angry y angry
Cos am serving in Plateau state Mangu LG and I don't no of any opportunities in Jos sad cry
He said Jos.... Jos is different from Mangu, you can't compare Mangu with the city of Jos. Mangu is more or less like a town and not a city. You can relocate to Jos after your service year.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
ProudOlodo:

Lol. Alright. I'll whisper it to you backstage. Let's not derail the thread
lol

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by DanielGb(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
uncle Daniel, please do that there,it won't take you anything. Therez no difference in what the op posted and what I posted so I don't see any reason why I should open another.thanks smiley

okay.
you wants us all to derail from the OP and start focusing on your own question. there are a million users of naira land out there. if you push your thread out there, it make more sense for all of us to say something about you.

Advice;
Follow your heart. you don't want to re-locate, then stay where you are currently.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

okay.
you wants us all to derail from the OP and start focusing on your own question. there are a million users of naira land out there. if you push your thread out there, it make more sense for all of us to say something about you.

Advice;
Follow your heart. you don't want to re-locate, then stay where you are currently.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by petiteee(f): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
DanielGb:

okay.

Advice;
ko need I don't want popularity Kan Kan. Okay guys, lez focus on the OP's . Ese grin grin tongue
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by DanielGb(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
ko need I don't want popularity Kan Kan. Okay guys, lez focus on the OP's . Ese grin grin tongue
wow. didn't know you are a Yoruba lady. v
good. you are sound with it.
let's chat personally. give me a PM.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Honestly1: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
misspetit:

How angry y angry

Aww u serve in Mangu. Mangu is not Jos na so u cant see any opportunities there mangu is a village.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by nickydof(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
petiteee:
Am in such delima right now. And am so worried. I was lucky to get a good PPA and it being helpful financially even though I work more than am nbeen paid. Plus adding both FG and theirs together is something. But the bad thing is they don't retain. So how do I tell them I want to stay back? Have being thinking myself on what move I can make. sad any ideas please? Though am not at the head office where I can get direct contact with the Oga patatapata. But I don't know what to do. Been applying for jobs since November and have not gotten a single invite. Going home is a no for me. Please any idea? cry POP is just in less than 2 months

Try to get retained. If not retained, get another job even if it is teaching or set up a business with your savings and remain! Never go back home. Speaking from experience!

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Basalt(m): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
Antina:
How can someone say "dont go back home" even if opportunities are home? u can go back home if u stay in the city and u are sure of better days ahead. infact where am currently serving here in Akwa Ibom, no amount of work pay will let me stay behind after service. myOpinionThough. May Almighty provide a better work pay for us all after service

why do you say so?
Whats bad in akwaibom?
I use to travel there to see my friend.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by projet: 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
viktor01:
The dilemma of a typical Nigerian graduate.
If you can afford accommodation at your PPA and you have something that can keep you busy there, then it is better to stay back cause going back home has a lot of challenges especially when getting a job delays.
You will so much feel like committing suicide......

*Modified*
I actually planned staying back at my PPA but guy, that village no be here o, no road, no electricity, no water and no nothing except some old faces going to farm every morning. BTW, I served in Ohafia LG of Abia state some years back.
same here o...
even before call up letter came out,I have planned within me that let any state and environment am posted to let it favour me to establish my self there.
unfortunately after orientation camp that's how they now posted me to a forest in isuikwuato lga of abia state,there by successfully paralyzing all my plans...mehn that experience was suicidal...it was really devastating.

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by projet: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
but seems this thread is just exposing n opening some loopholes in states
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Flakkie1130(f): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
[center][/center]I was faced with this dilemma as well, all I did was to follow my mind and I stayed back. I wanted to hustle and thank God I've been surviving. This also gives room for one to be focused and determined
bettydee:
Good day everyone,
I have been wanting to talk about this for a long time. We all know how it is for every graduate,you dream to get posted to a good state with state and local government alawee. After that you pray you are posted to a lovely ppa where life is enjoyable. After that comes POP!!! hmmmmm
Then the CV distribution starts. Is it in for one to maintain your ppa because there are no jobs, stay back in that state until you get a job (most people don't want to go home anyway) or just return to your parents house and finish the savings from your alawee. Nairalanders what's your take on this?
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by HayZee06(m): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
Honestly1:
If you serve in Jos, stay in Jos.
pls I will like u to enlighten me more abt dat. coz am serving in jos.
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by ajoskele(m): 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
mafarawemi:

babe i will advise u, dont go back, save money, get an apt n hustle for ur life, that was my decision last yr, i havent gotten a job but there is a green light, going home will just make u useless for months, u will eat n add unnecessary weight. But it all depends where u base and where u r serving. i based in akr n i served in rivers. sharply me i relocate come ph
Ajuwon!
Re: Staying Back After NYSC by bossun3(m): 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
well I read some interesting posts here. I think I can relate well to the issue on grd. many things inform one's choice of either staying bk or moving on.

after weighing my options:
accommodation and feeding: thank God for family house, #5000 per month covers feeding and at least three hours light frm generator every night. mind u there's move than enough to eat at home(my parent's) but I must start being independent fully.(my thought).

job apportunity: served in a minstry and after that experience didnt pray for retention, while serving I had already occupied myself running other business that I could readily fall back on after service. I didnt apply to companies since I had other plans.

I decided to take life headlong rather than run to the seeming comfort of home. y go home sit and eat all in the name of waiting for a job u can never b too sure of, save u have a sure connection somewhere. After staying home for a while ur parents and people begin to stylishly ask some funny questions.

the thing is early and proper planning based on the area one finds his or herself. dont ever wait till the end or towards d end of service yr before planning for life after service (a stitch in time saves nine). above all pray and be led by the spirit of God. I didnt regret my decision to stay back its one of d best ve made so far.

1 Like

Re: Staying Back After NYSC by Desdemona(f): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2016
kelechiodo:
I always advise people to work hard during service year, save and embark on your master degree. Those who followed this advice always come back to thank me.

Even if someone decides to go on hunger strike all their service year, is the money enough to foot the bill for Masters?? Without having to bug anyone?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Respond To The Question "Why Do You Want This Job?" In An Interview / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / How To Influence The Interviewer To Your Favour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.