Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun (38994 Views)

War Against Hijab: Lagos Loses Again / Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun. / Tragedy: A Pregnant Woman Attacked By 3 Police Officers In Lagos Loses Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lagos - Lagos is beginning to lose most its investors to neighbouring state, Ogun following the increase in incentives offered by the state.

The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) in its latest economic review (2015) said the production value recorded by the Ogun Industrial Zone accounted for 69 percent of total production for all zones, thus re-confirming Ogun as the industrial hub of the nation.

According to findings, investors get rebates on land, good road network and better security of plants, machinery and assets in industrial zones in Ogun State. Certain types of taxes paid by these investors in Lagos are also accepted by Ogun State, thus preventing them from paying multiple levies in two states.

Ogun also has a one-stop-shop platform, where investors are given access to understudy available natural and mineral deposits, as well as agricultural potential of the state. Many manufacturers also say there is less harassment from touts in Ogun. Also, there is less traffic gridlock in Ogun and cheaper and more available accommodation for staff in the state.

In the last two to three years, more investments have moved to Agbara, Igbesa, Abeokuta, Sango-Otta, Ibafo, Mowe, Ijebu-Ode and Sagamu industrial clusters, all in Ogun State, at the expense of Ikeja and Apapa zones in Lagos which used to be the hubs of investors.

In terms of output, Ogun turned out N265.27 billion in output in half year 2015 as against Lagos’ N88.6 billion. Similarly, Ogun produced goods worth N306.58 billion in the whole of 2014, while Lagos churned out output worth N274.41 billion within the period.

Some of the new investors which berthed Ogun in 2014 were Shongai Technologies Limited, Ijako in Sango-Otta, Apples and Pears Limited, Ceplas Farms Limited, Greenlife Bliss Healthcare Limited, Sumo Steel Limited, among others.

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/lagos-loses-investors-to-ogun-20160209

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Femich18(m): 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lagos losing investors to Ogun state? no big deal jare as far its SW tins im Ok

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Just waiting for one Ipod youth to come here and mention Aba or the other one in Anambra

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by gists: 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
The boundary line is very obscure. If not for pride between the sons/daughters of the soil of both states, the two states should be merged.
People live in Sango and work in Lagos; people live in Mowe/Arepo/Makogi and work in VI. So no shaking the investors are still at "home"

51 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Rather than call it a loss I prefer to call it a spill-over. This news report mirrors the previous year's (2014) where Lagos also trailed Ogun as the preferred top manufacturers destination (see below excerpts). Lagos definitely still attracts considerable heavy/high-level industial investments (her Sea and Air ports are irresistible magnets). However, due to land-constraints lasgidi is gradually peaking in its capacity to host these sort of investors, making Ogun and Oyo the natural alternatives on account of their proximity to Lag. Though I observed that the Badagry axis is also developing at lightning pace industrially. It's all well and good coz na the same SW.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/02/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

[size=13pt]Ogun, Ikeja top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014[/size]

While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State’s represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent.

“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review.

Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments.
while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by babyfaceafrica: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Na the same brothers dem be...ejima tins

19 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Pwayne2016(m): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yet the state is broke,underdevelop,rusty and dirty...Shakinq my Brain

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Yet the state is broke,underdevelop,rusty and dirty...Shakinq my Brain

Usual suspects do dey land. Don't you have a "Willie is working" thread you can start to keep busy? cheesy

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by odogwu125: 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Those places are still Lagos extension. Nothing in Ogun hinterlands

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
odogwu125:
Those places are still Lagos extension. Nothing in Ogun hinterlands

Lol. That's easy for you to say, considering that Ogun alone is almost as big as the entire SE, so what you blanketedly consider as 'Lagos extension' can cover distances that span between Enugu, Anambra, Imo, and Abia cheesy Those clusters are strategically spread out across the state. They include Agbara, Igbesa, Abeokuta, Sango-Otta, Ibafo, Mowe, Ijebu-Ode and Sagamu industrial clusters

52 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Pwayne2016(m): 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by aribisala0(m): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
kaakulator3:
Just waiting for one Ipod youth to come here and mention Aba or the other one in Anambra
Are you perchance referring to Ho ni sha the location of the largest market in the Milky Way where the US Army buys drones

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Pwayne2016(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
U keep hating Igbos and they keep developing..is just like a man dieing while his enemy is healthy but he always wish reverse for the enemy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Teddeebear: 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Femich18:
Lagos losing investors to Ogun state? no big deal jare as far its SW tins im Ok
tribalism deep rooted smh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Flyoruboy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pwayne2016:
U keep hating Igbos and they keep developing..is just like a man dieing while his enemy is healthy but he always wish reverse for the enemy

"Willie is Working" grin

30 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Femich18(m): 12:09am On Feb 10, 2016
Teddeebear:
tribalism deep rooted smh

Nah its not....Ogun state is my second state of origin dts y I dnt mind

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by vicadex07(m): 1:28am On Feb 10, 2016
grin grin grin
aribisala0:
Are you perchance referring to Ho ni sha the location of the largest market in the Milky Way where the US Army buys drones

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 10, 2016
aribisala0:

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by mrmetoo1: 2:14am On Feb 10, 2016
All na the same!!! Let's go!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Teddeebear: 7:48am On Feb 10, 2016
Femich18:

Nah its not....Ogun state is my second state of origin dts y I dnt mind
so dual state of origin is allowed, i guess,

btw your first statement read, "SW"

trust me if the companies crossed Niger bridge you will react differently

1 Like

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by wallex1983(m): 8:08am On Feb 10, 2016
The painful part is that they are making house rent and some other basic and essential parts of life expensive now in ogun state. Can't they leave us alone?

BTW, thank you Mr. Amosun for the road expansions

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Femich18(m): 8:13am On Feb 10, 2016
Teddeebear:
so dual state of origin is allowed, i guess,

btw your first statement read, "SW"

trust me if the companies crossed Niger bridge you will react differently
its not I will...I may or may not..Anyway we are stl 1Nigeria Xo I won't react since its stl within our Zone
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by brunofarad(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2016
Ok

But I don't expect u guys to turn this to e fight things....grin
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Samexdx(m): 7:29am On Feb 11, 2016
Still the same abegi...
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nairadean(m): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2016
really
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by lexguru: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2016
Eya
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by shizzy7(f): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2016
No space in Lagos, the state is choked.
After Ogun, they will move to Ibadan then Ondo.....

No time to waste time....make I run go buy land in all Yoruba States..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nairadean(m): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2016
really, the infrastructures ogun state now have are attracting investors. I'm not surprised more still coming ...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by eph12(m): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2016
Expected
Lagos is too full and should allow neighbor states grow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Dottore: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Eeya
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by looseweight: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Lagos is already congested, this what gave birth to industrialization of Ogun state. Ibadan in Oyo state is also having her own share of the cake.

Do you care to cut down ugly excess fat from any part of the body, click on my profile or check my signature for more info.
Re: Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun by Nienie(f): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2016
wouldn't call it losing tho..there's no problem as long there are investors in NIGERIA..they can invest anywhere.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Valentine Ayika Carries His Filipino Wife After She Returned From Vacation / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / Refugees Use Donkey Cart For Their Wedding Procession In Borno IDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.